MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints

+16
dantezebu
chrissie
Thetruth
dogs don't lie
chirpyinsect
Lioned
candyfloss
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
travis macbickle
gbwales
Freedom
Mimi
Lorraine
Châtelaine
Admin
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints - Page 4 Empty Re: Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints

Post  candyfloss Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:11 pm

Resistor wrote:My only "gripe" about the whole forum is the banner made up of pictures on the Home page.  I absolutely detest, with an absolute passion, that shortbread tin picture of Maddie in the red dress.  It really does make me want to throw up now, every time I see it.  It's been exploited to within an inch of it's life.  It shows poor Maddie for what she is - a money-making commodity, fronted by a manipulative advertisement designed to tug at the heart-strings and make people part with their cash.  It is, and always was, of zero use in any "search".  I also suspect the poor wee tot has had highlights put in and is wearing lip gloss.  That picture really is repulsive and I try to avoid seeing it, but it's not easy when every single paper prints it in as large a format as possible, every time there's so much as a snippet of news.

It's the only photo after hours of searching that I could find that was same size as others.  I cannot do banners and crop and cut or whatever you do, as I am a total dumbo with computers.  So I had to search high and low.  The pics of Madeleine in the middle is actually one picture.  There is method in my madness though, all pictures have Madeleine in them, and you have the best known, the last and an age progression photo.   Not the latest Grange one cos I couldn't make it fit.  Sorry, best I can do, I am learning more as time goes on slowly, don't forget I am an old lady. Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints - Page 4 Empty Re: Suggestions to improve the forum/Any Questions/Complaints

Post  Bampots Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:22 pm

Candyfloss you do brilliant,to be honest I never even look at the banner pictures. The content is the important thing! ......... I thought your avatar was a cartoon version of the real you!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:31 pm

Bampots wrote:Candyfloss you do brilliant,to be honest I never even look at the banner pictures. The content is the important thing! ......... I thought your avatar was a cartoon version of the real you!

Awww, thanks Bampots Embarassed   That is me Very Happy

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:33 pm

....as is my avatar of me, of course!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:44 pm

You revealed recently that the image was Kirsten Dunstable I believe, I thought it was Wonder Woman (seriously!) and always had a giggle, and of course think you are!

Spell check said Dunstable ...I like it!

Last edited by Bampots on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dunstable)

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:46 pm

Kirsten Dunst actually. I sometimes have a picture of Shrek and sadly these days that is more accurate!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:49 pm

I put Dunst spell check did me! Wish it was Wonder Woman tho!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tla9hZtPj-0

Just for you - some clips of Wonder Woman.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:10 pm

Did I just hear wonderwoman and Kirsten Dunst in the same sentence.

Brilliant. Will sleep well tonight.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:24 pm

Flip me, yous av just reminded me of Supergran! Completely nothing to do with our candyfloss or our Freedom by the way! Bed time Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:33 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Flip me, yous av just reminded me of Supergran! Completely nothing to do with our candyfloss or our Freedom by the way! Bed time Sleep
Supergran...  Blimey, won't be able to sleep now. Never heard of her.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 01 May 2015, 12:08 am

Super Gran.  

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Gran

Never heard of it. Do now.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 01 May 2015, 1:13 am

Resistor wrote:My only "gripe" about the whole forum is the banner made up of pictures on the Home page.  I absolutely detest, with an absolute passion, that shortbread tin picture of Maddie in the red dress.  It really does make me want to throw up now, every time I see it.  It's been exploited to within an inch of it's life.  It shows poor Maddie for what she is - a money-making commodity, fronted by a manipulative advertisement designed to tug at the heart-strings and make people part with their cash.  It is, and always was, of zero use in any "search".  I also suspect the poor wee tot has had highlights put in and is wearing lip gloss.  That picture really is repulsive and I try to avoid seeing it, but it's not easy when every single paper prints it in as large a format as possible, every time there's so much as a snippet of news.

Glad you said that - I can`t bear to look at it either.  I feel as if I`m being manipulated or hypnotised by it. Always look away or cover it up.  I feel the same about the LOOK posters and pictures of the McCanns - they both make me feel sick - `orrid people. Don`t go trying to change the pics though CF - I just don`t look at them.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 01 May 2015, 6:17 am

Fantastic freedom.....no skinny little girls there! lol! Journey to work will be that much easier!

May have to watch whole episode tho.....

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Fri 01 May 2015, 8:20 am

Funny - I was reminding my mother of the Super Gran programme just this week. It's one of the few things I used to watch as a child that I probably still could now without feeling embarrassed.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 01 May 2015, 9:40 am

Andrew wrote:Super Gran.  

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Gran

Never heard of it. Do now.

Sorry Andrew, hope u had a good sleep after that! Lol x

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:52 am

I've a problem, well more of a nuisance, if I click on a link with a video, I don't get any sound at all so I have to copy and paste into the Google bar to hear it?!? Everything else works fine scratch it seems it's only on this forum?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:10 pm

There are some strange oddities - no, I don't mean any people! That's not something I have a problem with here.

On Facebook though I am quite often the only person who can't see an attachment that someone has posted.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

Strange, it's always worked before. Thanks Freedom x

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:22 pm

Don't know why that is happening ddl, but do the usual, delete all cookies from the forum, and your ipad/computer/phone, and delete browsing history.  Then log out and log in, sometimes works scratch

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

I'll try that candyfloss, had to go over to the other side and clicked a link from there but it worked, could be a certain setting I have on/off here. X

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:53 am

Can anyone explain how to put parts of a text in italics?

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:57 am

dogs don't lie wrote:Can anyone explain how to put parts of a text in italics?
Can anyone explain how to put parts of a text in italics?
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:59 am

......but how is that done?!

Pressing the I button doesn't work.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 03 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm

testing

YEAH!
Freedom, before u type, press the I, start typing and send, the txt will be in between the I, Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next