MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter news

+45
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
froggy
rosebuddy
Bampots
niklasericson
Helenmeg
Guinea Pig
Tangled Web
Rosa canina
joyce1938
espeland
LeoMcSick
Mimi
Benevolent
chirpyinsect
unreorganised
AndyB
bluebell
costello
Hope
Satsuma
pennylane
Walt
Burst
Magnum
PMR
myositis
kylie
Mo
Admin
Bubblewrapped
Inca
TheTruthWillOut
PeterMac
chrissie
Châtelaine
Poe
dogs don't lie
End
Thetruth
paracetamol
Poppy
hesla
Andrew
49 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Twitter news - Page 23 Empty Re: Twitter news

Post  unreorganised Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:55 pm

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Twitter news - Page 23 Empty Oh Gerry...?

Post  Rosa canina Mon 17 Sep 2018, 1:38 am

Twitter news - Page 23 <a href=Twitter news - Page 23 Gerry%20du%20Cann_zpsgucykhry
At first glance I thought our Gerry had written this article himself...

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 17 Sep 2018, 9:01 am

Seems as if there was a spat between Colin Sutton and the Mirror,its all been whooshed now.

Twitter news - Page 23 QqPSZoJ
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-investigation-ending-would-13256126

Textusa managed to capture it before it was whooshed,have a look see.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 17 Sep 2018, 10:37 am

Is it still there - on Textusa? I may be having a senior moment but I can't see anything posted since 3rd September.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 17 Sep 2018, 11:29 am

Debate on twitter Colin Sutton denies saying things, he says he has been misquoted. Article got pulled is what I have read on twitter.

Someone having a jest, as Rosa has highlighted, article by Gerard du Cann Shocked Smile pale confused

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 17 Sep 2018, 11:31 am

The Sun have added the dog video at the bottom of the article Shocked

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 17 Sep 2018, 12:05 pm

Freedom wrote:Is it still there - on Textusa? I may be having a senior moment but I can't see anything posted since 3rd September.

In the list of comments its said.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:51 am

Just to do what TB always does and picks out or picks up on things..... He finally admits his theory is fantasy cheers Smile

Anthony Bennett‏ @zampos · 21m21 minutes ago

He didn't stab #RobertMurat in the back because on my analysis the dispute between the #McCann's & Murat was sorted at the #Salsalito summit. I agree my theory sounds like fantasy but then I hold that this plot was formulated BEFORE 3 May, was intricate & involved many deceptions

Smile

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 21 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm

I was about to comment that he didn't say that his theory IS fantasy, then I realised what you meant!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:24 pm

Gerry McCann’s daughter Madeleine disappeared from an Algarve holiday apartment in May 2007. In an honest, personal and sometimes painful terms, Gerry reflects on the special bond between fathers and daughters, the difficulties men have in articulating sorrow, and his absolute determination to keep looking for Madeleine.

The Middle English poem Pearl sees a father lamenting the loss of his daughter, who returns to him in a dream to help him come to terms with her absence. The anonymous Pearl poet demonstrates that grief for loved ones is the hardest grief of all as he seeks consolation in the idea of heaven and the power of prayer. The original manuscript, now held in the British Library, has been dated to the late 14th century.

Professor of Poetry at Oxford University, the recipient of a Bafta and numerous other awards, Simon Armitage is one of the most respected modern-day literary talents. In addition to poetry, Armitage has written for radio, television and film. In 2010 Armitage wrote a poem titled The Beacon, read at the event marking 1,000 days since Madeleine’s disappearance.

Gerry McCann says: “As a family we'd worked with Simon Armitage before and know what a sensitive, thoughtful writer he is. When I read the Pearl poem, I could see echoes in it with Madeleine's situation and our loss. I decided it was a good opportunity to say something about the special bond between fathers and daughters, thinking that speaking openly might help other men in similar positions. It feels like the right time.”

--------------------------------

Oh dear, oh dear! Difficult to know where to start with this one. Gerry certainly wasn't very good at articulating his sorrow in the past, was he? Media interviews show him smirking and suppressing laughter (the release of the age-progressed e-fit of Madeleine is particularly memorable - he breaks out into a wide smile which he then has to suppress).

Eleven years after the event he is finally able to reflect on the special bond fathers have with daughters, so we are told. And the difficulties men have with articulating sorrow. Well, that latter part was true in his case. Did we ever see any genuine expression of grief, sorrow or remorse with Gerry?

His absolute determination to keep looking for Madeleine 11 years after she disappeared  is strange, given that in the early days of her going missing he seemed more concerned about catching up on sleep.  Kate in her book writes that in the early hours of Friday morning, 'Gerry was stretched out on a camp bed with Amelie asleep on his chest. He kept saying, 'Kate, we need to rest.' (Page 81, Madeleine) Why the urgency to find her now, 11 years on?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 27 Sep 2018, 2:01 pm

candyfloss wrote:This programme will be on Sat 29th Sept. 2018  -  2.3o - 3.00pm

Radio 4 presents Pearl: Two Fathers, Two Daughters, featuring a rare interview with Gerry McCann

Date: 12.09.2018     Last updated: 12.09.2018 at 16.24

Category: Radio 4; Radio; Commissioning; Casting

A programme weaving together two voices of grief - one from 600 years ago and one of the present day, in Gerry McCann - comes to Radio 4 this September, in a reflection on loss and consolation.

Alongside this in-depth interview given by McCann, Simon Armitage (pictured), one of the country’s premiere poets, has dramatised Pearl - a medieval poem recounting a father’s grief from the loss of his daughter. The poem will be performed by Iain Glen (Game Of Thrones) and Grace Doherty (Casualty) and intercut with McCann’s interview.

The medieval poem is combined with unprecedented insight into the life of Madeleine’s father.

Gerry McCann’s daughter Madeleine disappeared from an Algarve holiday apartment in May 2007. In an honest, personal and sometimes painful terms, Gerry reflects on the special bond between fathers and daughters, the difficulties men have in articulating sorrow, and his absolute determination to keep looking for Madeleine.

The Middle English poem Pearl sees a father lamenting the loss of his daughter, who returns to him in a dream to help him come to terms with her absence. The anonymous Pearl poet demonstrates that grief for loved ones is the hardest grief of all as he seeks consolation in the idea of heaven and the power of prayer. The original manuscript, now held in the British Library, has been dated to the late 14th century.

Professor of Poetry at Oxford University, the recipient of a Bafta and numerous other awards, Simon Armitage is one of the most respected modern-day literary talents. In addition to poetry, Armitage has written for radio, television and film. In 2010 Armitage wrote a poem titled The Beacon, read at the event marking 1,000 days since Madeleine’s disappearance.

Gerry McCann says: “As a family we'd worked with Simon Armitage before and know what a sensitive, thoughtful writer he is. When I read the Pearl poem, I could see echoes in it with Madeleine's situation and our loss. I decided it was a good opportunity to say something about the special bond between fathers and daughters, thinking that speaking openly might help other men in similar positions. It feels like the right time.”

Simon Armitage says: “Pearl is one of the most moving poems in the language, written by a man grieving over the loss of his young daughter. While translating it into modern English I kept thinking of the McCann family and their daughter Madeleine. I’d written a poem for the family to mark the one thousandth day of her disappearance, spending some time with Kate and talking to her about life without Madeleine and the campaign to find her.

"Gerry’s voice hasn’t been heard as much, and after reading the poem he agreed to give an extended interview, to tell his side of the story in terms of how men deal with loss and grief in a world where they’re usually expected to stay strong and silent. I knew that religion plays an important part in the McCann’s family life, as it does for the author of Pearl, who seeks consolation through his faith.”

TX details:

Pearl: Two Fathers, Two Daughters
Saturday 29 September 2018, 2.30pm - 3pm
Performed by Iain Glen and Grace Doherty
Translated and dramatised by Simon Armitage
Producer: Susan Roberts for BBC Radio 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/radio-4-presents-pearl-two-fathers-two-daughters-with-gerry-mccann

This photo in the article I don't think I have seen before.  As someone has commented on twitter it does look like it is on the tennis courts...

Twitter news - Page 23 P06lhsql
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bl6s2v

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 27 Sep 2018, 4:41 pm

candyfloss wrote:

This photo in the article I don't think I have seen before.  As someone has commented on twitter it does look like it is on the tennis courts...

Ah... but WHICH tennis courts? What Madeleine is wearing in this photo looks exactly like what she was wearing in some other photos which were definitely NOT taken at PDL. I'll try and source those photos later on as I'm at work today.

I don't think this photo was taken at PDL.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 27 Sep 2018, 5:15 pm

canada12 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Ah... but WHICH tennis courts? What Madeleine is wearing in this photo looks exactly like what she was wearing in some other photos which were definitely NOT taken at PDL. I'll try and source those photos later on as I'm at work today.

Just to correct this and add to it - not a tennis court but a playground:

Twitter news - Page 23 Hqdefault

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangled Web Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:46 am

canada12 wrote:
canada12 wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Just to correct this and add to it - not a tennis court but a playground:

Twitter news - Page 23 Hqdefault

And the one with Gerry in is of the sisters on the see-saw with the slide in the background.
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 01 Oct 2018, 1:36 pm

According to twitter latest and Portugal resident newspaper online funding has been stopped for Operation Grange Shocked
  Top story on this link..

Plug pulled on Maddie funding

http://portugalresident.com/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Mon 01 Oct 2018, 5:53 pm

It doesn't seem to be on that link now.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 01 Oct 2018, 6:09 pm

Posted by portugalpress on October 01, 2018

Plug pulled on Maddie funding

Operation Grange - the controversial British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - has finally seen its funding ‘officially closed’.

At least this is the version of reports circulating in Portugal this week.

In UK, the Home Office line is that expenses on any future operations “could be paid retroactively” - intimating the probe is still active.

There are even reports that a final decision on funding is still being considered.

But it seems largely an issue of semantics.

Here, tabloid Correio da Manhã leads on the ‘bottom line’ which is that “after seven years and over €13 million spent, the investigation by British authorities is approaching its end without producing any result”.

CM stresses that Grange has followed various leads “but never the possibility of involvement of Maddie’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, in the (child’s) disappearance.

“The couple and friends with whom they spent holidays at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz in 2007 never made any statements within the scope of Operation Grange”.

CM questions former Portuguese minister for Internal Administration Rui Pereira, himself a well-known commentator and indeed critic on this case.

Pereira stresses that in his opinion Grange has always been politically directed. It’s a suggestion that has come from multiple sources, not least former Metropolitan police detective chief inspector Colin Sutton, and former ambassador Craig Murray (click here and click here).

Meantime, in UK mainstream papers have been focusing on Madeleine’s father Gerry’s latest interview with BBC Radio 4, centering on the incredibly special relationship that he had with his missing daughter (click here)

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Mon 01 Oct 2018, 6:12 pm

Thank you - I really couldn't see it on the link before but I can now.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 01 Oct 2018, 6:15 pm

Guinea Pig wrote:Thank you - I really couldn't see it on the link before but I can now.

I forgot the link.

http://portugalresident.com/plug-pulled-on-maddie-funding
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Mon 01 Oct 2018, 6:34 pm

The Sun on Sunday (paper edition) :

MADDIE COPS IN FUNDING BOOST

Sunday, September 30, 2018
By Michael Hamilton

Cops on the Madeleine McCann probe have been given an extra £150,000 after telling the Home Office of a new line of inquiry.

The funding came as speculation mounted that the investigation into the 2007 disappearance would be shelved.

But The Sun on Sunday can reveal the extra cash had already been rubber-stamped by officials. It could extend the investigation, which has already cost £11.6 million, by six months.

A source said: “The funding was actually agreed before this week’s announcement about the application for money. It was signed off after detectives said they were pursuing a new, viable line of inquiry. The Government agreed because of that.

“it is hoped it will bring some sort of closure. Everyone would like this wrapped up and to end the mystery.”

It is unclear whether the fresh inquiry line stems from a sighting or new intelligence.

Madeleine was three when she vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Last night a spokesman for parents Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, said that they “remain incredibly grateful to the officers working on the case.”
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 07 Oct 2018, 9:27 pm

How fortunate, the elusive PeterMac  (they seek him here, they seek him there}  Twitter news - Page 23 Th?id=OGC.cffe3e4179480363631be5d46fd52796&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.subdude-site.com%2fWebPages_Local%2fRefInfo%2fComputer%2fWebDev%2fWebGraphics_Decopics%2fAniGIFs%2fLivingThings_orTheirToons_orParts%2fAni_People%2fAni_Hunters%2fhunter_binoculars_61x130_anihas suddenly written an article backing a certain Mr TB up re his constant tweets and arguments discussions  etc.  recently.  Fortunately he has PM to come to the rescue.  Smile

From Jill Havern on twitter..

New chapter from PeterMac: Chapter 30: Forget the Facts - Focus on the Fallacies …

https://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/08/chapter-30-forget-facts-focus-on.html
#mccann

Anthony Bennett‏ @zampos · 53m53 minutes ago  

Replying to @abuseofpower

Another BRILLIANT article by #Petermac, exposing bad arguments e.g. 'ad hominem' arguments on the #McCann tag. He discusses RED HERRINGS & says this: "The main Red Herring the #PJ had to deal with was the T9 group's insistence that everything happened on the evening of 3rd May.

MichelleSxx‏ @xxSilverdoexx · 49m49 minutes ago  

Replying to @zampos @abuseofpower

Does Mr Mac speak on there these days Mr B? CMOMM I mean and there's only ONE person who comes here causing arguments, mirror, pot and kettle come to mind Smile The articles a couple of years old now.....#mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 07 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm

What really happened to PeterMac is a question that a lot of us are asking.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 08 Oct 2018, 9:02 am

Oh dear that's not nice again Tony, is it. There's that word again 'malcontents' Rolling Eyes How many members have you got, and how many log in and post? Pro rata the statistics are not in your favour!

Anthony Bennett‏ @zampos · 10h10 hours ago

Replying to @xxSilverdoexx @abuseofpower @HiDeHo3

It's true a few malcontents left #CMOMM in 2015 claiming I was a bully & didn't allow debate. The current #Smithman poll disproves that! They formed a new forum, which can barely scrape 20 members on at any one time, while CMOMM usually has 150-200. More join every day. #McCann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 08 Oct 2018, 9:06 am

I did see that but thought that, for the sake of your blood pressure, I'd say nothing! 

It was 2014 by the way.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 08 Oct 2018, 9:10 am

Freedom wrote:I did see that but thought that, for the sake of your blood pressure, I'd say nothing! 

It was 2014 by the way.

Yes, it was, the usual getting it wrong syndrome Smile

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next