MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claudia Lawrence

+15
unreorganised
Admin
bluebell
costello
Helenmeg
TheTruthWillOut
dogs don't lie
sally66
Mo
Mimi
wjk
seahorse
Fiat500
Châtelaine
Andrew
19 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Claudia Lawrence  - Page 5 Empty Re: Claudia Lawrence

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:50 pm

Not watched the vid. I saw someone had posted it on the link on Rosa's post, so put it up here to watch at a later date.

Might not bother now then if it's a Donald duck production.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:53 pm

I don't want to influence anyone negatively about Donal!

A reminder though of his McCann scoop.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 07 Feb 2017, 6:09 pm

I'll put this link here - it's already on the Jill Dando topic - as it mentions Claudia too.

With Mark Williams Thomas on the cases, they'll be solved in no time......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4199724/Hitman-claims-KNOW-shot-Jill-Dando.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 07 Feb 2017, 7:14 pm

What is intriguing me is that at least 3 - 4 of us here have had the same feeling - that someone close to home may have been involved.
This surprises me because that person is not a likely suspect -yet we all have that same gut feeling. I wonder why. Something in his behaviour
must have stirred those thoughts ...
Of course there is no evidence whatsoever and it is simply a gut feeling -but powerful bearing in mind all 3 - 4 of us feel it.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm

Make that 5. But not so much `his` behaviour as `hers`. Hadn`t she been round there that night getting her roots done by Claudia? Or was it the night before. Both parents would have been scared to death of any scandalous behaviour by their daughter, his because of his close connections to church and hers because of her reputation as a councillor and local worthy. Just my opinion.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:22 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4222438/Claudia-Lawrence-mother-opens-daughter-s-home-time.html

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's heartbroken mother opens up her daughter's home to cameras for the first time in eight years in latest desperate bid to catch her killer
Chef Claudia Lawrence went missing eight years ago on way to York University
Last month police scaled back the investigation into Claudia's disappearance
Mother Joan Lawrence hopes letting cameras into home will help crack the case
Haunting photographs show Claudia's clothes still hanging in the wardrobe

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

I know I'm a saddo (don't all rush to agree please) but I wonder what happens in cases like this to the property that's been left behind? Presumably the usual bills, particularly the mortgage and Council Tax, still have to be paid by someone.

I did encounter a few cases in my days with a local council where people had disappeared but there was always someone else left living in the property.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:50 am

To be fair, your not a saddo... Unless I am as well, as I did wonder the same thing when I read the article. Assumed the parents jointly helped out to keep the place running or something. Unless there is some clause where if you're classed as missing then the mortgage company ceases repayments and your property will not get repossessed? Not sure, not checked the small print on mine in that sense.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:01 am

Father campaigns for Claudia's Law

It is 7 years and 5 days since Claudia Lawrence disappeared. No one has been charged with her murder

Her father, Peter Lawrence, is campaigning for change in the law in her name to allow missing people's families to take control of their finances and affairs.
MPs have been discussing the guardianship bill in the House of Commons today.

The proposal has cross party support, and the Ministry of Justice says it recognises the need for a new law, and is committed to acting as swiftly as possible.
Mr Lawrence says the change cannot come soon enough and has vowed to keep on fighting, as he knows Claudia's law could help hundreds of families going through the heartache he is.
Last updated Thu 24 Mar 2016

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2016-03-23/father-campaigns-for-claudias-law/

'Claudia's Law': Fresh push for bill to help families of missing people

A bill is to be presented to Parliament today on "Claudia's Law", which aims to give families greater control over the affairs of missing people.

The proposed legislation has been created in honour of Claudia Lawrence who went missing in York on 18 March 2009.

The Government held a consultation on the bill, which has cross-party support, in 2015, but has not given it any priority since.

It is hoped the change in law would mean families, who currently find themselves unable to look after the financial affairs of a loved one whilst they are missing, the ability so to do within a legal framework.

Claudia Lawrence is still missing after nearly eight years with no evidence of either any crime against her being committed or of her being heard from by anyone.

Her father, Peter Lawrence, has since been spearheading the campaign for changes to guardianship laws and will be in the gallery of the House of Commons for the bill presentation.

The proposals will be formally presented to Parliament by Kevin Hollinrake MP for Thirsk & Malton.

• How would Claudia's Law work?

The proposed law would be similar to arrangements that exist for people to be appointed guardian of the affairs of someone who is mentally incapable of managing their own affairs.
It would be available for families to a 'fit and proper' person after someone had been missing for 90 days or more, would be administered by the Office of the Public Guardian, and would be renewable depending on circumstances.

Last updated Wed 11 Jan 2017

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-01-11/claudias-law-to-be-presented-to-parliament/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:08 am

So this is the latest I can find now 3rd Feb....

'Claudia's Law' due to have second reading in Parliament

A bill which has been worked on by the parents of missing Claudia Lawrence is due to have a second reading in Parliament today.

The bill, known as Claudia's law, is named after the 34-year-old chef who disappeared in York back in March 2009.
It would help relatives and friends manage the affairs and finances of missing people.
MPs previously heard how Peter Lawrence found it "terribly distressing" to be told he was unable to manage the financial affairs of his daughter, when shed disappeared on her way to work.
Conservative MP Kevin Hollinrake is leading efforts to change the law to ensure someone with a "sufficient interest" in the property and affairs of a missing person can be appointed as a guardian by a court.
The person would have to be missing for at least 90 days before the guardian could take control of their affairs and have authority to act on behalf of them for up to four years, which could be renewed by a further court application.
Mr Hollinrake added the guardian would be required to "act in the best interests" of the missing person, noting his proposals draw upon other systems from around the world and similar powers available when someone dies.
Last updated Fri 3 Feb 2017

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-02-03/claudias-law-due-to-have-second-reading-in-parliament/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:16 am

Andrew wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4222438/Claudia-Lawrence-mother-opens-daughter-s-home-time.html

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's heartbroken mother opens up her daughter's home to cameras for the first time in eight years in latest desperate bid to catch her killer
Chef Claudia Lawrence went missing eight years ago on way to York University
Last month police scaled back the investigation into Claudia's disappearance
Mother Joan Lawrence hopes letting cameras into home will help crack the case
Haunting photographs show Claudia's clothes still hanging in the wardrobe

On eof the comments under the article says that her father (Claudia's I mean) was 'overbearing'. The commentator comes from Yorkshire, but doesn't say she actually knew Claudia and family..
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:03 am

I've just read that comment in full you're referring too..... Probably by someone who's not a full shilling and making things up by the looks of it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm

I don't see how opening up Claudia's home is going to help catch her killer.

Distasteful and insensitive, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:37 pm

Luna wrote:I don't see how opening up Claudia's home is going to help catch her killer.

Distasteful and insensitive, IMO.

I agree with that, what useful purpose does it serve. I suppose it puts the story back in the public eye, but that is all. It's almost creepy in a way, when I first saw it i.e. 'opening up her home', I thought it meant like a museum to walk around .... shudders.

I just wonder if this will happen on Madeleine's 10th anniversary of her disappearance, we have never seen her bedroom.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

I've said it before that I'm surprised that the McCanns (particularly Kate) have never been photographed looking suitably pensive in Madeleine's bedroom; they don't usually miss a chance to stir up sympathy.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:47 pm

Freedom wrote:I've said it before that I'm surprised that the McCanns (particularly Kate) have never been photographed looking suitably pensive in Madeleine's bedroom; they don't usually miss a chance to stir up sympathy.

Well I don't think they would be able to open the door and even get in with all the stories every year of all the Christmas and birthday presents all wrapped up in there waiting for her. Sorry don't like saying nasty things like that but it is what has been reported every single year..

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 4:43 pm

Up pops 'The Investigator':

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017-02-14/claudia-lawrence-itv-investigator-given-exclusive-access-to-chefs-home/

Now that's creepy when that clown is rummaging about.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:07 pm

candyfloss wrote:

'Claudia's Law' due to have second reading in Parliament

I find this development disquieting but can't put my finger on why.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:52 pm

@unreorganised, I agree. A person would need to have been missing for only 90 days before an interested party could take control of finance/property affairs. Not a long time, in some respects. All sorts of unscrupulous individuals could start crawling out of the woodwork. There's a thread here on Helen Bailey, allegedly murdered by her fiancee, which comes to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:43 pm

I agree too. It's not really giving me goose pimples, but I feel uncomfortable with it. Whatever, if and when it materialises, it has to be controlled by strict regulations and watchers.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:37 pm

Has anybody ever heard anything about Claudia Lawrence using other names, or having more than one identity?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:40 pm

unreorganised wrote:Has anybody ever heard anything about Claudia Lawrence using other names, or having more than one identity?

I've heard she used to keep 2 unregistered mobile phones and that she'd often change her appearance/hairstyle quite frequently, but that's about it.

Any links on further reading about that?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:03 pm

Andrew wrote:

Any links on further reading about that?

I'm not sure if I've just wondered it or if I've actually seen it mentioned somewhere in the past.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Mar 2019, 12:41 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 30 Nov 2019, 7:22 pm

Goodness, we are now at the stage where they are saying she may still be alive and sex trafficked and seen in Amsterdam

Is Claudia Lawrence still alive? New documentary probes theories the missing chef, 35, could have been sex trafficked to Amsterdam or fled to Cyprus in a van

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7738301/Documentary-probes-theories-missing-Claudia-Lawrence-alive.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum