MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

+38
chris
Popcorn
PeterMac
Thetruth
AndyB
Curiouser
Poppy
mabossa ritchie
Inca
Chop Suey on Toast
Rufus T
poppyfox
Meteor
margaret
Scrants
anny
hesla
Dee Coy
dogs don't lie
Bampots
Antonia
bluebell
dantezebu
bellisa
Châtelaine
TheTruthWillOut
Burst
Poe
chirpyinsect
Mimi
Freedom
Cristobell
Admin
Mo
Andrew
chrissie
costello
candyfloss
42 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:35 pm

Didn't the pre judgement or whatever the term is, go a very similar way?

MB tweets the M's won and then later it was shown GA had won?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

Post  Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm

Could be TTWO, as I said upthread, the Mc's could have been awarded 50p for their hurt feelings, but the damage, in terms of public perception, has now been done..typical McCann tactic imo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:37 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Didn't the pre judgement or whatever the term is, go a very similar way?

MB tweets the M's won and then later it was shown GA had won?

Yes, that was a right old mess up.  That is why I find it odd that Isabel isn't crowing about this.

This tweet now seems to say that GA knows, although whether officially or not is another matter...

Isabelle McFadden@QUEENdePORTUGAL 1 min1 minute ago
FROM ASTRO: AMARAL WILL APPEAL.. Nothing finalized. #mccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:38 pm

I just tried to phone Duarte, but I get a "canned" lady telling me there are too many calls to reply to ... Wink
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:42 pm

Another inane comment I know, but if true HOW can we all be so helpless against such an injustice. It makes me feel sick.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:50 pm

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 3m3 minutes ago
Madeleine #McCann parents "delighted" with judge's damages award - lawyer says cash will be used to fund their search for her

What about Grange and SY then??

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm

JillyCL@JillyCL 36 secs36 seconds ago
Outrageous! "the 52-page document was seen by Portugal News shortly after it was released". Before Amaral's lawyer was informed!

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:52 pm

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 3 mins3 minutes ago
#McCann parents say lawsuit "never about money" but about "libels on our other children" & "damage...done in the search for Madeleine".

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:53 pm

candyfloss wrote:JillyCL@JillyCL 36 secs36 seconds ago
Outrageous! "the 52-page document was seen by Portugal News shortly after it was released". Before Amaral's lawyer was informed!

I say that makes the case invalid and should be quashed. On principal.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

But there has been no flipping damage done to the "search" We've got SY and the PJ digging up half of bloody Portugal and a cool £10million spent in the UK so far

I just can't see how this is possible, I really don't

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 6:56 pm

How can there be any money left anyway, surely the fees for the lawyers, Duarte and co are astronomical, unless of course they are working for free?  All these years this trial has been going, I cannot imagine what her fees would cost?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:00 pm

I don't get it either.

If it's true the Portuguese would appear to have sold out their own.... but I'll wait for the full report before concluding much else.

Poor, poor Goncalo. I was worried about his health before - I'm really worried now.

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 5 Empty OMG BREAKING NEWS

Post  hesla Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

Was it not the case that the McCanns lost previous actions and it was arranged that they would pay costs damages or whatever once the libel trial had been concluded? Maybe if this travesty contains any truth the costs they owe will cancel out anything they may be awarded now. I live in hope.
hesla
hesla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:05 pm

All I can say is c'mon Grange, I still have faith in you, but pull your finger out and get this charade done and dusted..preferably before another anniversary gloat-fest, from the "poor, wronged parents" I don't think I'll be able to get through that day otherwise (and I have an anniversary of my own on that date, so I will probably just avoid the internet altogether, don't want the sadness of my aunt's passing on 3/5/07 to be clouded with rage against the Mc's)

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:07 pm

Carla Spade@CarlaSpade 2 mins2 minutes ago
"Sales of the book and DVD have been halted by the judge" << Not possible, that's already been decided by Portugese Supreme Court #McCann

--------------

So how can an ordinary civil court judge overrule a Supreme Court and Judges, still bothers  me that, is this spin, or the judge has gone over her remit surely.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anny Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm

Apparently GA has released a statement saying he has not yet been advised of the verdict, this is coming out of Isabel the lawyers office, it's not official.

anny
anny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:09 pm

anny wrote:Apparently GA has released a statement saying he has not yet been advised of the verdict, this is coming out of Isabel the lawyers office, it's not official.

That makes sense with Brunt always being there first.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:10 pm

Aie
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:25 pm

McCanns 'Delighted' With £433k Libel Victory

Kate and Gerry McCann say their legal action "was never about money" after winning a two-year libel trial in Portugal.

18:37, UK, Tuesday 28 April 2015

A former Portuguese detective has been ordered to pay 606,000 euros (£433,000) to the parents of missing Madeleine McCann as their two-year libel trial comes to an end.

Goncalo Amaral, who led the search for the little girl, was accused of making defamatory statements about Kate and Gerry McCann in a book he wrote.
His 2008 book The Truth Of The Lie claimed the McCanns hid her body and faked an abduction after she died in an accident.

Goncalo Amaral claimed the McCanns covered up Madeleine's death
The two doctors said the book, which was a bestseller in Portugal, damaged the search for their daughter and added to their anguish.
A civil court in Lisbon ruled against Mr Amaral, and ordered him to pay 500,000 euros (£357,000) in damages and 106,000 euros (£76,000) in interest to the McCanns.

The McCanns had asked for £1m compensation when the trial began in 2012.
The court also prohibited any more sales of the book, and gave the publisher 60 days to return all existing copies.
It also ordered Valentim de Carvalho, who produced a TV documentary based on the book, not to sell any more copies of the film.
The McCanns, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said they are "delighted" with the judge's verdict.
"We want to emphasise that the action was never about money. It has always been focused on the effects of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine," they said in a statement.
"A lot has changed in the last six years since we started the action and we are pleased that there is an active investigation in both Portugal and the UK.
"We would like to remind people that there is still an innocent little girl who is missing and that those responsible for her abduction remain at large." 
 BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 5 Mccann-5-1-942x530
Play video "July 2014: "Book Hurt Search""

Madeleine went missing from the couple's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve, Portugal, on 3 May 2007, as her parents dined at a nearby restaurant with friends.
Despite a worldwide hunt, the little girl has never been found.
Last year, British and Portuguese police examined patches of ground in the resort, but had no success.
In October 2013, Mr McCann's sister Trish Cameron told the libel trial the couple's pain was "multiplied 100 times" by the book.
The McCanns said they launched the libel action to stop the suffering the theories in the book have caused them.
Mr Amaral can appeal the court's ruling.

http://news.sky.com/story/1473806/mccanns-delighted-with-433k-libel-victory

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:31 pm

This line from A.E. Housman comes to mind :

' ...let us endure an hour and see injustice done '

Btw: it's very quiet iin Chippingfield, lets hope the success of TM in an earlier case didn't influence the judge.

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:33 pm

susible wrote:All I can say is c'mon Grange, I still have faith in you, but pull your finger out and get this charade done and dusted..preferably before another anniversary gloat-fest, from the "poor, wronged parents"  I don't think I'll be able to get through that day otherwise (and I have an anniversary of my own on that date, so I will probably just avoid the internet altogether, don't want the sadness of my aunt's passing on 3/5/07 to be clouded with rage against the Mc's)

If this is true I don't have a shred of hope anymore. SY won't go against the tide, their friends in high places will see to that.
margaret
margaret

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:33 pm

Even Blacksmith has left his desk........

Shaun Hutchinson ‏@shiveringgoat · 6 mins6 minutes ago
Does anyone know if Blacksmith takes PayPal? I want to buy the pair he's taken off! Woof Woof! #McCann #truth http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/editor-john-blacksmith-regrets.html?m=1

Tuesday,28 April 2015

Editor John Blacksmith regrets....

That he's away from his desk. Changing his underwear.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:38 pm

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton · 4 mins4 minutes ago
Judge ruled Amaral played on status as police officer to present personal opinions and claims about #McCann case as fact

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:43 pm

Jerry Lawton is a proper font of all things. He first broached The Helium connection to Brenda's inquest iirc and now it would appear he reading from judgement.
Bampots
Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next