MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles

+16
costello
PeterMac
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
Mimi
Poppy
crabbit
mabossa ritchie
dogs don't lie
Cristobell
Freedom
dantezebu
TheTruthWillOut
Me
candyfloss
Andrew
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 Empty Re: Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 10:27 am

"Even at that time of night the streets were deserted, so I was surprised to see someone there. I remember thinking it was unusual because it is just not the sort of place you would hang around.

"As I drove up to the junction she stepped around to the other side of the street lamp as though she didn't want me to look at her. She was not carrying a bag or a mobile phone. I thought she might have been waiting for a lift but no car came along while I was there.

"I turned right and could see quite clearly she was looking at Apartment 5A.

"As I approached another junction a small, brown car, with just one English-looking man in it swung round and nearly hit mine."

When she heard that Madeleine had vanished she asked a relative to inform the police about her sightings.

That surely would rule out a Smith man if you go by this account.

Back to top Go down

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 Empty Re: Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 04 May 2015, 10:35 am

Unless the English looking man in the car backed out, smithman could become very real.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 04 May 2015, 10:43 am

"The slim, Portuguese-looking woman in a plum-coloured top and white skirt with long, dark, swept-back hair acted furtively when she was spotted at 8pm on May 3 in 2007..."

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 DocsMS0809_468x437

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 10:52 am

dogs don't lie wrote:Unless the English looking man in the car backed out, smithman could become very real.
IMO

Not at 8 pm surely.
The lady is question is believed to be Mrs Murat.Nothing in her original statement regards this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

Despite the costly Scotland Yard and Portuguese police investigation, the Sunday Express found that key witnesses have still not been spoken to.

Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

“I don’t remember much of her other than she was of slight build and was wearing a plum coloured jacket. She moved around the lamp post as if trying not to be noticed.”

As she turned into the driveway of her home, Casa Liliana, she was nearly hit by a car going the wrong way. “When I stopped to open the gates I could not see the car but the woman was in the road looking in my direction.”

Original.http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JENNIFER-MURAT.htm

Still relating to the facts which occurred on the evening of 03 May 2007, the deponent states that on that night she was at home with her son Robert. They followed their normal routine: About 19h50 she went to the "Batista" supermarket to buy bread. Then she went back to the house where she arrived more or less at the same time as Robert. Later they sat in the kitchen where they were talking for some time, having also eaten. She recalls that they were talking until close to midnight about Robert'™s project, related to the property and called 'Romigen.Com". Finally they went to their bedrooms to pass the night.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 04 May 2015, 10:59 am

True, one is a newspaper report and the other is in the police files, or maybe a delayed memory?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 11:02 am

Jeremy Wilkins rogatory.
http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm
Q. Relative to whether I know Jane Tanner;
Now I know her name, description of the clothes and photos which I have seen in the press. At that time I knew of her as a member of the group but did not know her name. I do not remember having seen her when I spoke with Gerry, but I believe I saw her when I first ventured out. She was stopped on the street in front of one of the group's apartments when I passed her down towards the exit to my apartment. I do not know if it was her apartment or not. I remember that she was wearing the colour purple.

Mrs Murat as quoted in the Express.

Jenny Murat, 78, the mother of wrongly accused Robert Murat, has potentially breakthrough evidence but no one has spoken to her. At 8pm on May 3, 2007, she went to a supermarket and then drove past Apartment 5a and saw a woman hanging around. Her notes from the time say: “There was a woman standing on the corner under a lamp post.

“I don’t remember much of her other than she was of slight build and was wearing a plum coloured jacket. She moved around the lamp post as if trying not to be noticed.”

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 04 May 2015, 11:10 am

Darn, if only there descriptions or better still, pics of them that night!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 04 May 2015, 11:26 am

"The slim, Portuguese-looking woman in a plum-coloured top and white skirt with long, dark, swept-back hair acted furtively when she was spotted at 8pm on May 3 in 2007..."

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 6f168c35051d31493ffda487087aed5f

Tanner definitely possesses a plum-coloured jacket, as Mrs Murat described in the Express snip above. She also possesses at least one plum-coloured top. She could pass as Portuguese,  but she's not of slight build. I've never seen a picture of her with her hair swept up, it's always down.

Rachael Oldfield definitely possesses a white skirt, could pass as Portuguese and is of slight build. There are pictures of her with her hair swept back.

Just speculation,  as ever.

Last edited by Dee Coy on Mon 04 May 2015, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 04 May 2015, 11:28 am

Jenny Murat's witness statement May 15th 2007:

Still relating to the facts which occurred on the evening of 03 May 2007, the deponent states that on that night she was at home with her son Robert. They followed their normal routine: About 19h50 she went to the "Batista" supermarket to buy bread. Then she went back to the house where she arrived more or less at the same time as Robert. Later they sat in the kitchen where they were talking for some time, having also eaten. She recalls that they were talking until close to midnight about Robert'™s project, related to the property and called 'Romigen.Com". Finally they went to their bedrooms to pass the night.
--- Asked, she explains that while they were talking in the kitchen, she is not able to say when, she recalls having heard a siren ringing at least once. Although not usual, she also did not "connect" because it could possibly have been an ambulance. (She recalls that sometimes, when the wind blows in a certain direction, it is possible to hear in the house sirens of police cars or ambulances that pass on the EN125).

No mention of woman in purple top. No mention of going to Batista in a car.

Robert Murat's witness statement May 14th 2007:

He said farewell to them in the VW and headed for his residence, where he arrived between 19.15 and 19.30. He parked the VW in front of the house and entered. He does not know if his mother was at home, but thinks so because it was late for her to walk the dogs, as they usually leave at 17:00 and return at 19.00. After entering, he may have taken some tea and turned on the TV or it was already on. He may also have read a newspaper. He talked with the mother, who if she was not there had arrived shortly afterwards, about Romigen. He ate a sandwich of cheese and ham sitting in the kitchen with his mother, until 22:00 or 23:00. Contrary to what he said originally, he was not with MICHAELA when she went to a Jehovah witnesses' meeting between 20:00 and 22:00, which is why he didn't phone her, because she turns her phone off. He does not know if he called her after 22:00, but accepts that possibility. He does not remember having used the computer. He was home with his mother, when at 22:30 or a little later, he heard a siren of an ambulance or police. He commented on that with his mother, however, did not leave the house to investigate. He did not leave again until the morning, having gone to bed around midnight.

Very vague about interactions with his mother between 19:30-22:00. No mention of mums trip to Batista. Both mention the talking/eating in kitchen for some time.

The Skoda was said to be in a garage getting repaired in Lagos. No date is given when it went into garage but Robert nor Jenny seem to ever mention using the Skoda from what I've read so far.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 12:31 pm

..... Batista market what and who owns it.

Silvia Batista, former head of the service and maintenance departments at the Ocean Club holiday complex but now unemployed, was the first person to turn up for questioning this morning.

Silvia and Joao Batista, a couple who worked at the Ocean Club.
So this Batista, market are they all related.  Mrs Batista, one of 11 people due to be questioned this week as witnesses, was one of the first people on the scene after being alerted to Madeleine's disappearance.

Any photos of Mrs Batista but then again Jenny Murat would know who she was.
Mrs Batista, a former receptionist at the Ocean Club, worked closely with her husband Joao,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 12:45 pm

Dee Coy wrote:"The slim, Portuguese-looking woman in a plum-coloured top and white skirt with long, dark, swept-back hair acted furtively when she was spotted at 8pm on May 3 in 2007..."

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 DocsMS0809_468x437

Sorry behind here, but is that Mrs Batista receptionist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 04 May 2015, 3:31 pm

Sorry for straying off-topic but would like to illustrate how busy the OC must have been on the evening of 3rd May versus how "quiet" and "dead" a lot of witness statements claim.

Jenny Murat - Claims to have seen a woman in purple at 20:00 on the opposite corner of 5A.

Raj Balu and Neil Berry - Claim they went to the Tapas Restaurant for a takeaway at 19:45-20:00 and returning to the Berry apartment at 20:15-20:30.

Kate and Gerry - Claim to have left 5A for Tapas at 20:30-20:35.

Jeremy Wilkins- Claims to have left his apartment to take his boy for a walk in his pushchair at 20:15-20:30.

This is just a small sample of people. Add in other guests' movements and the Tapas 7 ect.. and the place was a buzzing circus between 19:00 - 22:00. Far from quiet. Yet none of the above seemed to see each other.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:10 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Sorry for straying off-topic but would like to illustrate how busy the OC must have been on the evening of 3rd May versus how "quiet" and "dead" a lot of witness statements claim.

Jenny Murat - Claims to have seen a woman in purple at 20:00 on the opposite corner of 5A.

Raj Balu and Neil Berry - Claim they went to the Tapas Restaurant for a takeaway at 19:45-20:00 and returning to the Berry apartment at 20:15-20:30.

Jeremy Wilkins- Claims to have left his apartment to take his boy for a walk in his pushchair at 20:15-20:30.

This is just a small sample of people. Add in other guests' movements and the Tapas 7 ect.. and the place was a buzzing circus between 19:00 - 22:00. Far from quiet. Yet none of the above seemed to see each other.

It would be hard to believe that Operation Grange never arrived at the same conclusions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:23 pm

Just a footnote to all the latest newspaper reports,I can't recall seeing "abduction" mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 04 May 2015, 5:18 pm

Seicento wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Sorry for straying off-topic but would like to illustrate how busy the OC must have been on the evening of 3rd May versus how "quiet" and "dead" a lot of witness statements claim.

It would be hard to believe that Operation Grange never arrived at the same conclusions.

Not forgetting Rastaman who was then wasn`t seen by Jez.

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Tue 05 May 2015, 5:44 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 05 May 2015, 5:57 pm

It really is ridiculous. If I had the video editing skills/software I would use the below image to edit in the movements/timings myself.

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 050507_SX_OVERHEAD_OCEAN_CLUB%20(9)
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 Empty Re:Sun article -EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUGH' FAILED THE MCCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles.

Post  costello Tue 05 May 2015, 6:16 pm

PeterMac wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

That just shows how farcical this case actually is.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 06 May 2015, 9:42 am

Sun article - EIGHT YEARS ON, HOW 'SUPER SLEUTH' FAILED THE McCANNS plus Express and Sun Articles - Page 3 CETzz5AW8AEN0bO

Nicked from Twitter.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 06 May 2015, 9:49 am

I like that - I'm happy to be that sort of troll!

I don't remember reading this before. Apparently, according to our glorious prime minister (though possibly he won't be after tomorrow), those who don't believe official versions of events are condoning terrorism.

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=104575

affraid
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 06 May 2015, 10:16 am

Freedom wrote:I like that - I'm happy to be that sort of troll!

I don't remember reading this before. Apparently, according to our glorious prime minister (though possibly he won't be after tomorrow), those who don't believe official versions of events are condoning terrorism.

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=104575

affraid
Exactly. "Non-violent extremists", "vile trolls", "sickos"; its all part of an agenda to shut down free speech on the internet and silence those who refuse to accept the official line. The government and their toadies in the press want their monopoly on information back
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 10:22 am

AndyB wrote:
Exactly. "Non-violent extremists", "vile trolls", "sickos"; its all part of an agenda to shut down free speech on the internet and silence those who refuse to accept the official line. The government and their toadies in the press want their monopoly on information back

Are you sure you're not Richard D Hall, a little bit in disguise?

As usual, they've subverted the language. Classic internet trolling was - well the poster here CynicAl was a perfect example. Now it just means anybody who doesn't toe the (LibLabCon) party line.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 06 May 2015, 10:35 am

Seicento wrote:Are you sure you're not Richard D Hall, a little bit in disguise?
The disguise is very good - I'm a short, clean shaven, balding, middle-aged bloke struggling to keep my weight down whereas he's none of those things. Then again, no-one has ever seen us in the same room at the same time so you never know.
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 06 May 2015, 1:02 pm

http://asaucesaid.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/an-open-letter-to-david-dinsmore.html?spref=tw

A blog about the McCanns, the media, money and the Met.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

An open letter to David Dinsmore

Dear David,

As editor of the Sun, you’re responsible for Ben Perrin’s ‘exclusive’, TROLLS PAY MADDIE LIE COP’S COURT BILL.

Ben wrote: <British trolls are helping pay legal bills of an ex-cop who said Madeleine McCann's parents were behind her disappearance.>

Then, you’d know all about trolling, working for News Corporation.

I see you’ve been there 24 years. It must be hard to have a real-world perspective, when you’ve spent so long inside what has been described as a corrupt and criminal corporation.

Your sister newspaper, the News of the World, was forced to close – it “died of shame” – after a culture of hacking was exposed, one that your company covered up and denied for years.

That same newspaper even trolled Kate McCann, printing extracts from her diary under the pretence it had permission, then bunging her £125k compensation when the McCanns called in the lawyers.

Your own newspaper, The Sun, published on its website ‘exclusive’ footage of a cadaver dog searching the McCanns’ rental car and apartment 5a, marking the ‘scent of death’.

(The footage is still here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lrrMoUr3OA, with your paper’s logo attached)

David, that’s evidence that may or may not be used in a future trial. And your predecessor published it on the internet.

Sun journalists have admitted in court to paying policemen and public officials for tittle-tattle about Royals, politicians or celebs. Most of them claimed they didn’t know it was illegal.

(What do they teach you NewsCorp guys about journalistic ethics?)

In your own tenure, in October 2013, you thought it fit to print a souvenir Maddie pullout, which was offered as ‘an exclusive e-book ONLY for Sun+ members. If you’re not already a member, join now.’

You trolled a missing kid, the same way the News of the World hacked a dead girl’s phone, to try to squeeze an extra few quid into Rupert Murdoch’s bank account.

You hired and condone the writings of Katie Hopkins. You signed off her piece which described refugees, dying in the Mediterranean, as “feral humans” and “cockroaches”.

Every time you print a picture of a bare-breasted woman on page 3, for no other reason than to show off her tits, you troll other women.

(C’mon David, how old are you? Thirteen?)

And here we are, supporting a man who we believe has been unfairly traduced by the McCanns, with lawyers paid for by money from the Fund set up to find Madeleine.

And you call us trolls.

David, you know as well as I do, that, if at any time in the future, the Met give any indication that the McCanns have anything to do with the disappearance of their daughter, your paper will flip, without hesitation, into destroying the couple.

You will have absolutely no compunction in doing that, simply to sell another paper or drive another visit to your website.

When you do, we’ll be watching. And we’ll remind you all about trolling.

PS Thanks for the free advertising.

To contribute to Gonçalo Amaral's defence fund, go to http://www.gofundme.com/legal-defencepjga
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next