MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007

+30
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
Stewie
Mo
Admin
End
Nuala
wjk
Bampots
dantezebu
Châtelaine
Poppy
Mimi
Dee Coy
TheTruthWillOut
bluebell
froggy
Bubblewrapped
PeterMac
Burst
AndyB
Freedom
Andrew
candyfloss
Poe
chirpyinsect
Popcorn
dogs don't lie
costello
Magnum
34 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007 - Page 28 Empty Re: CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007

Post  Mo Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:34 pm

Ah thanks Chirpy I thought someone on here would have done.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007 - Page 28 Empty Re: CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007

Post  Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm

Mo wrote:A very good point posted on the other forum - although I wouldn't know where to start.

Post  worriedmum Today at 11:52

Just a random aside, but couldn't the 'missing fridge' story be explored using Wayback? Has anyone tried?
Many times - I looked not in the blogs, but the Times Online (which is where I seem to remember seeing it). I haven't done some of the other papers yet though.

I've been hunting for this fridge for 8 years and haven't found it yet Sad but if it's there, find it I will! scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:38 pm

The fridge story appeared, IIRC, in an online version of a Portuguese expat newspaper. I remember reading it at the time. The story mentioned Gerry taking a fridge to the local dump because it was broken in the place where the family was staying, and that he'd replaced it at his own expense. The owner or landlord of the place where the family was staying was bemused that Gerry would do this as he was quoted as saying he would have replaced it if asked, but he wasn't asked.

There was also a lot of talk at that time on the forum about how big a fridge it would be, whether it would be apartment sized or larger or smaller, and what would have caused a fridge to break. There was a lot of discussion about running a small fridge at its highest level - lowest cooling temperature - which might have made the fan inside it fail.

That's what I recall from discussions at the time but I do distinctly recall the newspaper story as well, which later disappeared and then there was a concerted attempt to persuade those of us who recalled it that we'd mis-recalled it and it never existed.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

David Payne mentions problems wtih the fridge in his rog

Reply "Err we, you know we did obviously retrospectively question you know who'd been in, in to the resort to actually work there. They, on one of the days they had some err gardening people which we hadn't you know seen before and we you know we just wondered, you know, after Madeleine had gone err you know who they were and what their you know validity was if you like. Err the, I know that again, you know Kate and Gerry had had problems err with I think it was the blinds in their flat and the fridge and they'd had people in err you know into the flat, you know which obviously retrospectively was a concern as well. Err yeah that, you know who were those people, had they been checked out.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm

I think that was the original 5A flat that DP is talking about. Though there might be some leakage there, if he had knowledge about the second or third places that the McCanns moved to. IIRC it was one of the villas or separate houses that they moved to later, after leaving OC. Perhaps some obfuscation going on?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:56 pm

Freedom wrote:Did CMoMM's there from the start member Aiyoyo really not realise that the message was a spoof!

I agree that perhaps the spoof message was not appropriate at the moment.  

I always understood Aiyoyo to be foreign and thought that was why she didn`t catch on.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

She is French or so I have been told. However, sometimes her English is 100% perfect and at others it's very sloppy. She is a bit of a mystery.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

Anymore news on this... What's the latest?

I see from over the road that Bluebag, who claims to have the most experience in I.T in the whole world, sorry forum, says it's a WBM error and that is a FACT apparently..?

Also that Steve, who originally found this 'error' is also in agreement..... Is that true as not seen anything from him although not on any Facebook groups so wouldn't know regardless...

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

canada12 wrote:The fridge story appeared, IIRC, in an online version of a Portuguese expat newspaper. I remember reading it at the time. The story mentioned Gerry taking a fridge to the local dump because it was broken in the place where the family was staying, and that he'd replaced it at his own expense. The owner or landlord of the place where the family was staying was bemused that Gerry would do this as he was quoted as saying he would have replaced it if asked, but he wasn't asked.

There was also a lot of talk at that time on the forum about how big a fridge it would be, whether it would be apartment sized or larger or smaller, and what would have caused a fridge to break. There was a lot of discussion about running a small fridge at its highest level - lowest cooling temperature - which might have made the fan inside it fail.

That's what I recall from discussions at the time but I do distinctly recall the newspaper story as well, which later disappeared and then there was a concerted attempt to persuade those of us who recalled it that we'd mis-recalled it and it never existed.

I remember reading it too and exactly as you described.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 25 Jun 2015, 11:26 am

Yep, me too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 11:49 am

Andrew wrote:Anymore news on this... What's the latest?

I see from over the road that Bluebag, who claims to have the most experience in I.T in the whole world, sorry forum, says it's a WBM error and that is a FACT apparently..?

Also that Steve, who originally found this 'error' is also in agreement..... Is that true as not seen anything from him although not on any Facebook groups so wouldn't know regardless...

Really?  I didn't even know it was a competition.  And I really am astonished at the number of "experts" with "degrees in Computing Science" and God alone knows what else, suddenly crawling from the woodwork, who immediately think that we should just all believe them without question.

Well, I am not going to tell anyone what my experience and qualifications are, because as I already said, it's not a pissing contest.  What I will say is that I am by no means an expert in every single IT field.  I'm always learning something new, even from amateurs; and there is no way I would expect everyone to believe everything I post just because I have "degrees" and "I said so".

I've already posted a few pages back on this thread, an example of how Wayback recreates pages taken both from the current date and the future.*  Anyone can go and look up anything I have written.  I don't expect anyone to blindly accept my word on anything, but because I am confident in my own hypotheses and have laid out evidence and examples, people can make up their own minds.

I still believe that Wayback was and is 100% correct in it's crawl, it couldn't have captured something that was not there, and CEOP - Jim Gamble in particular - has a lot of explaining to do.

*ETA it's on page 41.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm

Andrew, if you're feeling brave, you could see what BB1 and her coven have to say about this on JATYK2!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm

Thanks Resistor although can't say I understand much of what you said on P.41. Looks good though and have faith and belief in your confidence on the matter.

Not looked in over there for a while Freedom. Probably just the same old ridiculing as usual. Everyone are forkers and haters rubbish. What a disgrace that place is.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm

Freedom wrote:Andrew, if you're feeling brave, you could see what BB1 and her coven have to say about this on JATYK2!

Well, I'm not going because I have new shoes on and I want to keep then shiny. flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm

I only checked it out yesterday when this forum was down yesterday to see if others were also affected.

Sadly it was going strong!

Still, the CEOP topic makes a change from the usual screaming headlines about Cristobell and / or Sonia.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:41 pm

It's a very important topic and posters on both forums, and all the sceptic FB pages, should be working together on this one.  This is possibly the biggest breakthrough we have ever had.

I went over and read Blue Bag's post earlier today and I must say, if he has all the experience and qualifications s/he says s/he has, then he/she is hiding their intelligence very well.  Spelling out the word F A C T several times over will not make something a fact.  It's just stubborn and childish IMO and whatever point s/he is trying to make is completely lost.

Anyone is entitled to post facts.  I do not care whether it's the head of NASA or the bin man.  Anyone can pretend to be anyone or anything on a forum.  All I care about is whether the "fact" in question can be independently verified and in Blue Bag's case, no it cannot.

So for me, the status quo still stands until reliably proved otherwise.  Wayback captured a page called mccann.html on 30 April 2007 at 11:58:03.  Until someone can prove, with verifiable proof, that they did not.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:56 pm

The way I see it no one on the forums can prove anything, and we will just go round and round in circles.  If it is important info then the police should have it and sort it out.  They surely have the powers to get information they need, we do not.  We have screenshots but at the end of the day if WB say it is an error, no one can refute it without anymore information, so......... stalemate. 

I don't understand much of this techie stuff, but you just choose to believe whichever 'expert' you think is right.  We don't know which is right though, and until such time as WB say more, I think I will keep scratching my head scratch

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm

My non I.T brain seems to think that it is incredibly strange that the chap from Wayback firstly said it was not an error, then he says it was and now is not saying diddly squat. scratch

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:14 pm

I can only assume he's saying it's not right now because he was told the incident didn't happen until 3rd May. I do believe the page is true solely going by the first picture. I can't say I'd seen it before until I looked on McCann Files recently - it looks as if it was taken perhaps on Christmas Day 2006. There is also a picture of the twins with Maddie wearing the same top. Why that picture? It certainly wasn't put out to the MSM or on posters. I've trawled through some of the newspapers for 2007 but I haven't come across it. Which would mean CEOP already had that picture???
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:21 pm

When the news of the 30/04 capture broke, people rushed to e-mail Archive.org with pompous letters, emphasising the enormity of the consequences for this date to be correct, and, "oh yeah, do you stand by it, Wayback?"

The evidence says it was 30/04. All the rest, including the hasty latest statement of Archive.org, is circumstantial. Clues, not more than that.

And this Blue Bag, I've read the thread over there, is just a windbag.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:52 pm

Andrew wrote:My non I.T brain seems to think that it is incredibly strange that the chap from Wayback firstly said it was not an error, then he says it was and now is not saying diddly squat.  scratch

Perhaps he no longer works for the company
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

So does Dr Martin Roberts think there was no glitch? I'm dumb, I know!

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm

As he is saying that Gamble has questions to answer about this McCann page, he obviously doesn't consider there was a glitch.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:43 pm

Perhaps it is a McGlitch. The sort that only and uniquely happens to the McCanns, and to no one else in the world.  Ever
Like the McDogs, the McShutters, the McWeather report - which makes the sun shine on the McCanns on 3/5/7, but on no one else in the resort)
(and then goes on to slam doors and whoosh curtains on a flat calm and still night. )
And makes everyone complain about how cold it was, except for one, who explains that it was a hot night !   I am not making that up !
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next