MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

+12
Châtelaine
coppernob
Dee Coy
Hope
chirpyinsect
Bampots
AndyB
Heisenburg
candyfloss
Andrew
costello
Mimi
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tory, UKIP  and Labour  leadership contest - Page 4 Empty Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  Andrew Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:35 pm

So either Theresa or Andrea then for the next PM.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tory, UKIP  and Labour  leadership contest - Page 4 Empty Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  Châtelaine Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:38 pm

I prefer Theresa ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm

Not sure myself.

Any pictures of Andrea standing next to cadaver stinking Kate McCann and smiling...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 07 Jul 2016, 8:35 pm

Andrew wrote:Not sure myself.

Any pictures of Andrea standing next to cadaver stinking Kate McCann and smiling...
Of course, Theresa is smiling. That's what one in her position occasionally has to do at an "important" opportunity. But she won't show her mind. In fact, I truly believe, that she was already preparing for SY to start an investigation, when the McCs got wind of it and DEMANDED it. Pre-emptive, as always ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Tory, UKIP  and Labour  leadership contest - Page 4 Empty Re:Tory (and maybe Labour) Leadership Contest.

Post  costello Thu 07 Jul 2016, 9:10 pm

I don't trust Theresa May in any way ( McCann case et al, she knows what happened, in my opinion). I just hope, Andrea Leadsom wins, with a bit of luck, although can't see it myself.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:00 am

the whole thing is a set up. May is the Home Secretary responsible for the immigration fiasco that many see to be the main factor in Brexit winning(not IMO tho.) and Andrea is a banker .......that's the ones we hate most. Now who are we going to choose????

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Tory, UKIP  and Labour  leadership contest - Page 4 Empty Re:Tory (and maybe Labour) Leadership Contest.

Post  costello Fri 08 Jul 2016, 7:49 am

Bampots wrote:the whole thing is a set up. May is the Home Secretary responsible for the immigration fiasco that many see to be the main factor in Brexit winning(not IMO tho.) and Andrea is a banker .......that's the ones we hate most. Now who are we going to choose????

Good question Bampots!
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:08 am

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:20 am

........ and `er a christian an` all

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:23 am

It is certainly difficult to reconcile the expressions fox hunting and animal welfare in the same sentence!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:57 am

99% of the men here are hunters, as soon as the season is open they shoot on everything that moves. Sometimes they accidentally shoot each other. How sad ... :-(
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:58 am

Well that should seal her fate then

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 09 Jul 2016, 11:07 am

chirpyinsect wrote:

Well that should seal her fate then

Yep, and she certainly would never be voted in in an election with that policy.  She has cooked her goose.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:39 pm

Post moved to Enfield Haunting thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:I don't believe in ghosts per se but I do believe in sixth sense,. Not talking about seeing dead people as in the film but a latent feeling I often get regarding situations. Hard to explain here. It's not deja vu or seeing the future it's more a feeling that all is not as it seems. I've had it only a few times but has always proved right so far.

Chirpy - should this be on the haunting thread?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:46 pm

Mimi wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:I don't believe in ghosts per se but I do believe in sixth sense,. Not talking about seeing dead people as in the film but a latent feeling I often get regarding situations. Hard to explain here. It's not deja vu or seeing the future it's more a feeling that all is not as it seems. I've had it only a few times but has always proved right so far.

Thanks Mimi, I have moved it.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sun 10 Jul 2016, 7:15 am

Well that's Ms Leadsom lost my vote of confidence now!
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 10 Jul 2016, 7:47 am

Mimi wrote:

Doh! Doing too many things at once Mimi.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:21 pm

AL has quit the race so Theresa May will be PM

Andrea Leadsom quits Conservative leadership race

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:22 pm

So she could be in number 10 within the next couple of days then apparently....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 11 Jul 2016, 2:56 pm

Andrew wrote:So she could be in number 10 within the next couple of days then apparently....

Yep, some not happy at all, I agree with this there should be a General Election

Opposition parties call for early general election following Theresa May 'coronation'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/opposition-parties-call-for-early-general-election-following-theresa-may-coronation-a7130896.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:42 pm

Yes I agree we now need to have a General Election. If so, I wonder what would happen here in Scotland. I've asked a few friends but no-one seems to know. Anyone?
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:15 pm

costello wrote:Yes I agree we now need to have a General Election. If so, I wonder what would happen here in Scotland. I've asked a few friends but no-one seems to know. Anyone?
Firstly its unlikely that there will be a general election because a) we now have fixed term parliaments so early elections aren't allowed and b) the boundary changes, which will massively benefit the Tories and make it almost impossible for anyone else to be elected haven't happened yet. However, if there is a general election it will happen in Scotland as well. Where's the confusion over Scotland coming from?
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:20 pm

AndyB wrote:
costello wrote:Yes I agree we now need to have a General Election. If so, I wonder what would happen here in Scotland. I've asked a few friends but no-one seems to know. Anyone?
Firstly its unlikely that there will be a general election because a) we now have fixed term parliaments so early elections aren't allowed and b) the boundary changes, which will massively benefit the Tories and make it almost impossible for anyone else to be elected haven't happened yet. However, if there is a general election it will happen in Scotland as well. Where's the confusion over Scotland coming from?

It is however not impossible even if it is highly unlikely.

Early elections possible, but MPs need to agree

Lord Norton of Louth, an expert in government, has recently lamented that this is still misunderstood, even by political junkies. He points out that an early election can be triggered only if:

two-thirds of the House of Commons vote for it; or
a simple majority of MPs (more than half of those voting) passes a specifically worded motion expressing no confidence in the government. In this case, the election can be avoided by a new or reconfigured government securing a vote of confidence within 14 days.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fullfact.org/law/could-next-prime-minister-call-early-election/&ved=0ahUKEwj0udex2uvNAhUnC8AKHVHuBNkQFgghMAI&usg=AFQjCNGMW3r9Kc6Q_d7WRGGv3F-YKP98gA

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link added)

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:04 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
AndyB wrote:

It is however not impossible even if it is highly unlikely.

Early elections possible, but MPs need to agree

Lord Norton of Louth, an expert in government, has recently lamented that this is still misunderstood, even by political junkies. He points out that an early election can be triggered only if:

two-thirds of the House of Commons vote for it; or
a simple majority of MPs (more than half of those voting) passes a specifically worded motion expressing no confidence in the government. In this case, the election can be avoided by a new or reconfigured government securing a vote of confidence within 14 days.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fullfact.org/law/could-next-prime-minister-call-early-election/&ved=0ahUKEwj0udex2uvNAhUnC8AKHVHuBNkQFgghMAI&usg=AFQjCNGMW3r9Kc6Q_d7WRGGv3F-YKP98gA

Thanks Chirpy and AndyB.
@ AndyB, the confusion with Scotland is that the SNP have been elected here for the next five years, and by the looks of it nothing will change. It's just wishful thinking on my part
that a General Election would be on the cards and things might just improve up here.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next