MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feminist issues

+10
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
Andrew
candyfloss
Bloodhound
Châtelaine
PMR
chirpyinsect
Mimi
nannygroves
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Feminist issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Feminist issues

Post  Andrew Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

I get wolf-whistled by women all the time. It doesn't bother me in the slightest Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:04 pm

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

I'd better not put my paws on that fluffy female whom I've had my eye on for some time; I could be charged with being a mysogynist as well as a male chauvinist (guinea) pig.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

I've just learned from my son that there is a political party set up called Justice For Men and Boys.

https://j4mb.org.uk/about-mike-buchanan/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:30 pm

I've lived in Nottinghamshire for over fifteen years. There was  an incident involving freshers at Nottingham university singing pretty misogynistic songs and one girl complained - it was pretty tasteless and the university made an apology but other than that I'd say Nottingham is a nice place and behaviour is fine, it's generally an  'ey up me duck' and that's it. I think the whole hate crime thing is madness - one university professor reported Amber Rudd for a hate crime following a conference speech on imigration. A young female solicitor complained about on older man complimenting her on her profile picture. I think it's a nonsense and I don't think Nottinghamshire people are hateful!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:45 am

It's good to hear from someone in the area.

It's nonsense to class minor incidents as misogynist. My son has written to the Notts police to say what he thinks about the policy - it was well-worded if I may say so as the proof-reader!

I hadn't until recently heard of what happened to Erin Pizzey, the person who set up the first domestic violence refuge in the U K. She was forced to leave the country after commenting that women can be violent and paedophiles as well as men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:44 am

I'm putting this link here though it's nothing to do with Nottinghamshire; supposedly it happened in London.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/22/why-a-viral-video-of-a-cyclists-revenge-on-catcallers-may-not-be-all-it-seems

It purports to show a female cyclist's revenge on a foul-mouthed moron in a van. Almost certainly it is a set-up with actors but it has produced the usual response from those with the attention span of a goldfish who can't grasp this fact and take it to be real.

What I find disturbing (apart from the stupidity of those who persist in saying it's real) is the view from many people that the cyclist was justified in what she did. I know that I have to be grateful that she didn't punch him in the face but I don't find criminal damage acceptable either!

This incident would definitely be classed as a hate crime in Nottinghamshire!

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 12 May 2017, 10:17 pm

Alas, there is quite an element of reality in this!

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:18 am

I'll put this story here as it's one that the group which my son belongs to - Justice for men and boys - is rightly horrified about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435317/Tried-sex-crime-brushed-past-film-star-rush-hour.html

If anyone wants to know the name of the actress who made the claim, send me a PM. It's very unlikely that you'll have heard of her though.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:50 am

I remember this case and can't understand how it ever got to court! Poor man.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 15 Aug 2017, 12:06 pm

The blame lies with the DPP - a woman, incidentally, Alison Saunders - for giving the case the go-ahead when it should never have been pursued.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 15 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm

From this it appears a Judge recommended the CPS drop the case, but the CPS ignored it and went ahead anyway. Bl**** unbelievable.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 15 Aug 2017, 12:24 pm

That darned actress has got away with all that scot free - she, and Alison Saunders should be brought to book.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 15 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

I certainly think that, unless the actress was mentally ill at the time and really believed that the incident had taken place, she should face charges.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 30 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

I'll put this here as I think it's relevant.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/domestic-abuse-perpertrator-programme-for-women

My son and a former work colleague have both been victims of domestic abuse and I know how hard it was for them to be taken seriously.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 14 Oct 2017, 8:28 am

My son and friends are attending this conference today. I rather think that asking polite questions will be met with the same response as anyone questioning the McCanns!

https://filia.org.uk/about-the-conference/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 21 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/messages-for-men-tickets-37930793023

One of the speakers will be Mark Pearson, the victim in the bogus assault case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 21 Oct 2017, 4:39 pm

I`m glad there is an awareness of the other side of things regarding all this feminist stuff. It`s gone too far asaic. Yes, things used to be unbalanced in favour of males when the female was just a chattel. I cannot listen to Woman`s Hour anymore - it is so biased and anti-men - you can feel the glee in the presenters` voices when they discuss anything negative about men.

They keep going on about how women are disadvantaged in the workplace and talk about having children and immediately dumping them in a nursery as if that`s the normal thing to do. They go on about equality and never seem to cotton on that a woman is and, hopefully, always will be different from a man - they never can be the same - why do they want women to be like men - beats me.

Vive la difference. We are different for a reason.

But it seems with all this trans gender stuff, we are moving towards a society of hermaphrodites.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 21 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm

I was having a "chat" with a Facebook friend earlier today about transgenderism (as you do) and will copy what he said as it matches what I think too.

We started off by talking about what seems to be an increasing number of people (particularly those who are biologically male) who aren't happy with their gender.

Him: I personally believe that many cases of transgender male to female are caused mainly by the box that males are forced to live in. We live in a time now where it appears women are encouraged to do everything, and that's fine - but there is no love whatsoever for males. Some men would like to wear make-up, wear skirts, cry in public, be emotional, but none of these things are 'allowed'. So I wouldn't be surprised when boys who think that way come to the conclusion that they should physically be female. I don't believe in such things as 'male brains' or 'female brains'. For men, we have to live narrow, macho, trousered lives, and wear a tie if we want to be considered professional.

What I'm saying here is there is too much emphasis on your personality having to match the particular genitals you have. In a way, the transgender movement is enforcing stereotypes rather than destroying them. I'd like to see a movement that says 'be how you want to be, your gender isn't relevant. Love the body nature has give you rather than learning to hate it.'

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 21 Oct 2017, 7:20 pm

"We live in a time now where it appears women are encouraged to do everything,.."

So true. And all these `super women` do nothing for the confidence of men - it`s totally emasculating, if not crippling to the male. The female has power in her own self if she wants it without having to demean a man.

By this, I`m not condoning the bullying attitude of some men to women.

I wouldn`t want to be a man and hope I`m not reincarnated as one ! Shocked Imagine having to work everyday for 50 odd years doing the same old thing 9-5 and have the responsibility of dealing with kids as well.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:05 am

Freedom wrote:My son and friends are attending this conference today. I rather think that asking polite questions will be met with the same response as anyone questioning the McCanns!

https://filia.org.uk/about-the-conference/

I'm wondering why your son, given that he has had the problems you have mentioned in earlier posts, is attending this conference. Looked up the details and the last place I would want to be. Though I agree that anyone suggesting that all women are angels would get the same response as asking Kate why she didn't use a nanny as an evening babysitter.

Years ago I would have called myself a feminist but now if I hear the phrase gender pay gap anymore it could drive me to drink!
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:25 am

He has come out of his shell a lot in recent months and gets around to meetings and other events.

It turned out that the conference he went to wasn't the same one as in the link; he hasn't said much about it and I've learned that it's best not to ask not too many questions! 

He will certainly be going to the event in November at which Mark Pearson is scheduled to speak.

This is one of his favourite (not) feminist loudmouths, known as Big Red but apparently her real name is Chanty Binx; Shouty would be more appropriate.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:08 pm

Freedom, that video link in your last best is captioned 'Big Red makes a compelling case for feminism' - but its the opposite - it would sway any half reasonable person against feminism, well her brand of it anyway.

At the end of it she shouts at a man in the street hearing her rant 'we are against patriachy, we don't hate you fuck (or it could have been fat) face.' How is using course language to this harmless passerby helping her 'cause.'
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:10 pm

I take the title to be ironic - yes, she would drive reasonable people away from her cause.

There are lots more clips of her on YouTube if you can stand to watch them.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:52 pm

Since maturing in the late 60's I always preferred "emancipation" over "feminism".
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next