MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The disappearance of Mary Boyle

+8
costello
unreorganised
chrissie
Bampots
Concerned resident
candyfloss
Andrew
dogs don't lie
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty Re: The disappearance of Mary Boyle

Post  Bampots Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:59 am

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/mary-boyle-s-disappearance-and-the-40-year-fob-off-1.2637996

Bit of info on the journalist Gemma O Doherty.....at once fearless and clever journalist....the likes of whom we do not have in the uk or for that matter in many places these days.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty Re: The disappearance of Mary Boyle

Post  Andrew Thu 14 Jul 2016, 4:19 pm

unreorganised wrote:I have now watched the whole thing. I would urge anybody with an interest in Madeleine McCann to seek out a copy for themselves - it is extremely pertinent.

Can you elaborate a bit more on why is extremely pertinent...

Won't get chance to watch this until Sunday at the earliest.

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty Re:Various Children Missing Worldwide.

Post  costello Thu 14 Jul 2016, 8:58 pm

unreorganised wrote:I have now watched the whole thing. I would urge anybody with an interest in Madeleine McCann to seek out a copy for themselves - it is extremely pertinent.

I have just watched the documentary unreorganised and yes I would totally agree with you.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:25 pm

OK but I wouldn't want to prejudice your opinions or anything. However, it would be fair to say that it appears that every man and his dog concerned with the Mary Boyle disappearance know, or at least think they know, who is responsible. But there is no judicial will to actually investigate this person.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty Re:Various Missing People Worldwide.

Post  costello Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm

What gets me in the documentary, is the fact Mary's mother has fallen out with her sister for pursuing the case. I can understand family feuds from time to time it's natural. But I would be more inclined to think the 'mother' would or should be paramount in seeking justice for her child. It was said her husband died in suspicious circumstances, so maybe fear is the factor here. Tragic in my opinion.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:56 pm

Cheers for the insight.

Need to watch it soon and I will.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:11 am

costello wrote:What gets me in the documentary, is the fact Mary's mother has fallen out with her sister for pursuing the case. I can understand family feuds from time to time it's natural. But I would be more inclined to think the 'mother' would or should be paramount in seeking justice for her child. It was said her husband died in suspicious circumstances, so maybe fear is the factor here. Tragic in my opinion.

Is the uncle who was the last person to see Mary alive the mother's brother? I assume he is from the surnames but does anybody know for certain?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:36 am

Those were my thoughts. Has the mother been leaned on. I have been trying to find the names of leading FF politicians around that time who may have had Donegal connections. Will keep looking.

Back to top Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty Re:Various Children Missing Worldwide.

Post  costello Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:41 am

There is some really good info and videos on reddit.com "After 30 years, I still hold on to hope that she will be found" The link won't copy for some reason, it's showing page not found.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:42 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:45 am

I feel sure that Gerry Gallagher is Mary's mother's brother. The grandparents with whom she was staying were their parents.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:55 am

Freedom wrote:I feel sure that Gerry Gallagher is Mary's mother's brother. The grandparents with whom she was staying were their parents.  

I also wondered if the surviving twin had suffered some abuse. Though she might have played that card if that was indeed the case, I would totally understand if she was reluctant to do so.

It was shocking to see just how reluctant even current politicians were to get involved. It gives the lie to anybody who maintains that there couldn't possibly be a political cover up in the McCann case (Blacksmith, that means YOU) given that the individuals involved were likely much more high profile.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:34 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty The disappearance of Mary Doyle

Post  Freedom Tue 23 Aug 2016, 11:13 am

I've put your links on one post, Andrew.

The first one is just the media recycling what Mary's mother said in the documentary. It would be interesting to know why she has had a turnaround with her views.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 18 May 2017, 9:26 am

Have you seen the Mary Boyle documentary?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 18 May 2017, 9:51 am

Just a note to say that I'm going to put the Mary Boyle case on its own topic when I find the posts on it.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The disappearance of Mary Boyle - Page 2 Empty mary boyle temp topic

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 18 May 2017, 10:22 am

I've not heard of Mary Boyle, unrecognised - I'll look forward to the thread!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 18 May 2017, 4:42 pm

This case now has its own topic for the benefit of those who didn't see it before.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 28 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

It seems the Inquest can`t go ahead because Mary Boyle`s mother has said it would damage her health and the coroner has taken her side. She has even had it written in her will that she doesn`t want any investigations taking place after her death - if one can actually request such a thing ! The mother has been against any more investigation into the case as well and has even cut off relations with Mary`s twin sister over it. She has made the choice to support her brother (Gerry Gallagher, the chief suspect of her daughter`s murder) before her own daughter. Weird. She knows more than she`s letting on.

Odd the Enda Kenny doesn`t want things to proceed.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 07 Jan 2018, 3:01 pm

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 ·

The link to my documentary 'Mary Boyle: The Untold Story' is available here: https://youtu.be/0vGORoCbpXw

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:17 pm

The story in Algarve Resident posted by Bampots has reminded me of these tweets, for those keeping up iwth the Mary Boyle case.

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 · Mar 7

Donegal Coroner Dr Denis McCauley (pic) and @CharlieFlanagan continue to block an inquest in the #MaryBoyle case. It is key to establishing the truth. A protest to demand an inquest will take place this Saturday from 10am to noon at Dr McCauley’s surgery in Stranorlar, Donegal

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 · Mar 7

Why is Donegal coroner Dr Denis McCauley protecting the mother of #MaryBoyle and denying her twin sister Ann and the Irish public their right to an inquest?
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=537827289929608&id=100011070254271

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 · Mar 8

Retired sergeant Martin Collins, Ann Doherty and Margo O’Donnell say the mother of #MaryBoyle, Anne Boyle, told them several times who killed her daughter. Why is @CharlieFlanagan denying her twin sister and the public an inquest to establish the truth?

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 · 7h7 hours ago

Silent protest held at surgery of Donegal coroner Denis McCauley who, with @CharlieFlanagan, is refusing to convene an inquest in the case of #MaryBoyle. The Irish people should be demanding justice for this child

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 04 Dec 2019, 10:05 am

A recent BBC report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-50404378

I've listened to the first of the seven parts. To raise the alarm that Mary was missing, a man who was fishing close to the scene drove five miles to the nearest town and police station. Hardly anyone then had phones, it was such a remote area.

I shall listen to the rest with interest. I wonder what will be said about the obvious suspect - her uncle who was the last person to see her.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 05 Dec 2019, 10:07 pm

I've listened to it all now - or as much as I could understand; it's a pity you don't get subtitles with podcasts!

It really seems to be an elephant in the room scenario with Mary's uncle, her mother's brother; he was barely mentioned yet he is vitally important to the story.

What a sad irony it is that Mary's mother no longer speaks to her surviving twin, Ann. Apparently it is partly because Ann and a distant relative Margo O'Donnell (sister of the singer Daniel) have named a man whom they believe was responsible for whatever happened to Mary.

The mother says that she will never speak to her daughter again unless she apologises for what she said. Well, I can see no other reason for her being so upset unless the person named is someone very close to her.

I think you can see where I'm heading!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2