MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov

+17
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
Chop Suey on Toast
Fiat500
Poppy
hicks
TheTruthWillOut
Baldrick
bellisa
chirpyinsect
Lioned
paracetamol
CynicAl
Poe
Châtelaine
costello
candyfloss
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 Empty Re: Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov

Post  Andrew Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:16 pm

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 B2z101LIAAAwAY7

Not seen any of the comments made but just seen this though.

What a surprise.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 Empty Re: Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov

Post  Mimi Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:27 pm

Perhaps any church going people can answer this, but does one have to actually visit a church in order to pray? Can`t it be done in private at home?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:34 pm

Mimi wrote:Perhaps any church going people can answer this, but does one have to actually visit a church in order to pray?  Can`t it be done in private at home?

Yes Mimi, you can pray wherever and whenever you want, no church or priest needed. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  CynicAl Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:36 pm

Mimi wrote:Perhaps any church going people can answer this, but does one have to actually visit a church in order to pray?  Can`t it be done in private at home?

Depends on the church/sect/group and how tightly they control the lives of the faithful. Biblical Christianity doesn't teach prayer at altars, shrines, in buildings or by rituals but promotes the 'conversation with God' model.
CynicAl
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

Thanks both.

It was just a personal perspective really because I`m sure if something so harrowing had happened to me, I wouldn`t be able to go out in public, let alone be filmed in my sorrow. But we`re all different I suppose - some people thrive on drama. I remember reading, very early on, that a journalist had found it weird that KM had walked out on to the balcony of the apartment they were in to cry in front of the world`s press.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 3:56 pm

Mimi wrote:Thanks both.

It was just a personal perspective really because I`m sure if something so harrowing had happened to me, I wouldn`t be able to go out in public, let alone be filmed in my sorrow.  But we`re all different I suppose - some people thrive on drama. I remember reading, very early on, that a journalist had found it weird that KM had walked out on to the balcony of the apartment they were in to cry in front of the world`s press.  

That's in the Panorama documentary, and is very much less than convincing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 4:46 pm

candyfloss wrote:Felt so upset for Daniel Entwhistle's dad, so sad, nothing ever heard of that missing boy, aged 7, and next to nothing spent on looking for him, no PR, no fund.  Here is a reminder ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22383575

There's a really interesting thread on Digital Spy about this case with someone who lived close to the family at the time commenting.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2026124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

dawnie_c wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Felt so upset for Daniel Entwhistle's dad, so sad, nothing ever heard of that missing boy, aged 7, and next to nothing spent on looking for him, no PR, no fund.  Here is a reminder ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22383575

There's a really interesting thread on Digital Spy about this case with someone who lived close to the family at the time commenting.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2026124

Dawnie, I have deleted that, I saw it on twitter earlier too, but cannot find anything to support it.  Unless you have a link and proof??

This is all I found...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/3059435.stm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

Aw sorry about that. No proof, only what I was reading on one of the MM FB pages and comments from the little boys Grandad.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 19 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

dawnie_c wrote:Aw sorry about that. No proof, only what I was reading on one of the MM FB pages and comments from the little boys Grandad.
I think that facebook page  has been deleted.

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 20ztic6  
 Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 Lines-animals-539529  

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm

The FB page I'm looking at is still there. I won't say what it is just in case?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 19 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm

dawnie_c wrote:The FB page I'm looking at is still there. I won't say what it is just in case?

Ok I just clicked a link someone gave on twitter and it said page not found.  Perhaps you have to be a member?

Anyway, we must be very careful, best not to have such links if they are not proven.

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 20ztic6  
 Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 4 Lines-animals-539529  

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Wed 19 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm

Mimi wrote:Thanks both.

It was just a personal perspective really because I`m sure if something so harrowing had happened to me, I wouldn`t be able to go out in public, let alone be filmed in my sorrow.  But we`re all different I suppose - some people thrive on drama. I remember reading, very early on, that a journalist had found it weird that KM had walked out on to the balcony of the apartment they were in to cry in front of the world`s press.  

Both Kate and Gerry behaved in ways we have never seen in grieving parents, the genuine ones that is. In the fake ones, they are following a similar agenda to those that have gone before. Apart from a few differences in circumstances, the behaviour of the McCanns virtually mirrors that of Jonbenet Ramsey's parents, except the McCanns don't have that kind of money and they are struggling to cling onto high profile supporters.

As for your grief point Mimi, I totally agree. I cannot bring the names of those I feel so much deep sympathy for - the genuine victims of tragedy - in the same breath as the McCanns, but the idea of a 'marketing ploy' and a souvenir shop within days of the child going missing is sick beyond words. As would the idea of encouraging the paparazzi to follow them each day along with the gathering crowds in PDL. Did anyone else get the idea that they were loving it? They were getting the attention of the world's press as if they were A List celebrities and lapping it up like a starlet who had just won a leading role. The behaviour of the McCanns in PDL in the summer of 2007 is perhaps one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen, I even had a little bet with myself at the time that this pair were never going to go away quietly, they were hooked by the limelight and rushing around as if the world had just appointed them envoys for children everywhere. Gerry could barely conceal his glee at being the centre of attention, and his glee at so many people hearing his words of wisdom - Gerry so wants to be a public speaker, but the problem is, he is so bad at it and he's just not likeable.

I don't think Kate particularly wants to do anything. Her efforts as Ambassador for Missing People have been so lacklustre, I wonder why they continue to bother. As for this latest idea to get postmen (and women) to do detective work as they go about the shifts, is a tad creepy imo. Don't the posties have enough to do? Why do the McCanns take it as read that they can ask the working classes of the UK to give them cash and take on extra work (without payment) for parents who think it is beneath them to look after their own kids.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 19 Nov 2014, 7:21 pm

Re; the TV programme i think they got it right about the press.See they slipped in the bit about kate seeing the shutters up and windows wide open and 'woosh slam' goes the bedroom door.So thats the image the uninitiated are left with.

As for Daniel Entwhistle,bit anecdotal the neighbours comments,working class dad down the pub,so maybe he's a bit of a looser,who knows but the bike was found by the harbour  wall.

"Detectives in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, are becoming increasingly concerned for his safety after his bike was found near a harbour wall where there is a 15ft drop into a tidal river."

Most likely he's gone in the river or maybe snatched.

Working class dads maybe got an alibi ?
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 20 Nov 2014, 8:59 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-179631/Fears-missing-Daniel.html

An early report about the disappearance of Daniel. I do remember hearing about the case at the time (though I was under the misapprehension that he did not return home from the shop) but inevitably the reports stopped after a week or two.

The comments on Twitter and Facebook about his father seem odd - if there was any truth in them, I'm sure that the tabloids would gleefully have published them long ago.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 12:14 pm

I watched it on 5OD for the first time last night. Apart from the simpering Kate Garroway, I thought it was one of the more balanced pieces we've seen. I don't think Gerry came out of it very well - every single photo of him that they showed seemed to have him smirking, and the Vanity Fair lady really turned the knife when she raised the point about him "marketing" his daughter. The one thing that did annoy me is when they mentioned that Goncalo Amaral's book had been banned, and the McCanns were still pursuing him through the libel courts, but there was zero mention of the book being unbanned again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristar Thu 20 Nov 2014, 12:35 pm

Resistor wrote:I watched it on 5OD for the first time last night.  Apart from the simpering Kate Garroway, I thought it was one of the more balanced pieces we've seen.  I don't think Gerry came out of it very well - every single photo of him that they showed seemed to have him smirking, and the Vanity Fair lady really turned the knife when she raised the point about him "marketing" his daughter.  The one thing that did annoy me is when they mentioned that Goncalo Amaral's book had been banned, and the McCanns were still pursuing him through the libel courts, but there was zero mention of the book being unbanned again.

The 'marketing' comment was to me the central comment.

It exposes Team McCann's campaign for the sheer propaganda machine it is

Yet:

Propaganda is a soft weapon; hold it in your hands too long, and it will move about like a snake, and strike the other way.

Jean Anouilh
Tristar
Tristar

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:24 pm

dawnie_c wrote:The FB page I'm looking at is still there. I won't say what it is just in case?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/659616667493295/?fref=nf

I think that this is another one.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 23 Nov 2014, 1:16 pm

Indeed, being seen to go to Church is one of religions major hypocrisies, as a child raised in a convent, I remember how we were paraded before the congregation so the locals could see what saints the nuns were.

The McCanns certainly used their religion to hoodwink the Catholic world, unfortunately for them the Vatican sussed them early on and dropped them like a ton of bricks so their new best buddies became the Anglicans! When all those people of faith realise that their faith was used to hoodwink them, they will be very angry indeed, and their God is a God of Vengeance.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:36 pm

Cristobell wrote:

Indeed, being seen to go to Church is one of religions major hypocrisies, as a child raised in a convent, I remember how we were paraded before the congregation so the locals could see what saints the nuns were.

The McCanns certainly used their religion to hoodwink the Catholic world, unfortunately for them the Vatican sussed them early on and dropped them like a ton of bricks so their new best buddies became the Anglicans!  When all those people of faith realise that their faith was used to hoodwink them, they will be very angry indeed, and their God is a God of Vengeance.  

I doubt either Kate or Gerry was ever Religious, do churches still do Sunday school for children? was Madeleine ever a member of this club while mummy and daddy were praying to god in the main Church hall at the local Church in Rothley on a Sunday? Imo Kate became Religious after her Daughter went missing' Gerry I don't think gives a bugger about Religion but it suited his marketing ploy.I have never heard Kate mention over the years that the Twins attend Sunday school to pray for there missing Sister,I have only hear her say how they have been damaged by a Certain cop and police force who wanted Justice for their big Sister poor, poor Twins.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:39 pm

Whether or not the twins attend Sunday school I don't know but they go to an RC faith school though.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4