MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories Empty P&O passenger outraged as child-friendly cruise ship displays 'odd' artwork featuring story about missing Madeleine McCann- Daily Mail 4.9.14

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm

P&O passenger outraged as child-friendly cruise ship displays 'odd' artwork featuring story about missing Madeleine McCann

• Piece shows row of people reading newspapers with story about missing girl
  • Michael Gould said the artwork was hung in view of Ventura's kids' club
  • P&O told passenger the artist was 'depicting the sad realities of life' 

By Michael Gadd for MailOnline

Published: 10:12, 4 September 2014 | Updated: 14:02, 4 September 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2743228/P-O-passenger-outraged-child-friendly-cruise-ship-displays-odd-artwork-featuring-story-missing-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz3CM18emCy

Hardly worth copying here!  What a stupid story!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 6:16 pm

Read that story over on the "other" forum. I must admit that I would be less than chuffed if I came across a picture of "the sad realities of life" on my holiday cruise ship.

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm

Aren't cruise ships sometimes associated with trafficking, I recall reading about it somewhere in association with Amy Bradley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:26 am

If I went on a cruise with Mr Poe and he obsessed about a picture to the extent that he took pictures on his ipad and planned to email complaints to P&O and the Daily Mail, he'd end up accidentally falling overboard in the middle of the night with something heavy tied round his neck.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:50 am

The world is full of attention seekers searching for something to complain about. Pretty much every newspaper leads with stories that are tragic and calamitous to somebody. I expect every newspaper in the mural carried details of someone's personal tragedy, only the rest of them weren't in Mr Poe's mother tongue.

Popcorn: I think that you must mean Mr Gould - the name of the whinger in the story - rather than Mr Poe. Freedom.

Apologies to Mr Poe - I did indeed mean Mr Gould!   Popcorn
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 10:52 am

this is an interesting take on the P&O stuff:

From W.j. Thornton on Facebook

Dear Kate & Gerry McCann,

Regarding your wonderfully inappropriate mural on the P & O ferry i find it hard to reconcile myself with three burning issues that really show you in a terrible light.

Firstly, i was wondering how it came to be there ? It does seem a rather odd choice to put on a mural that most people will look at going on holiday, expecting rather dreamy scenes of idyllic holidays, i was wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that P & O Ferries are owned by Carnival PLC which oddly happened to own the doomed cruise ship Concordia, for which, Clarence Mitchell became spokesperson, who oddly enough, happens to be your spokesperson, coincidence ? I think not.

Secondly, i think it rather odd that if a picture was going to depict the perils of abandoning your children then it surely would have come in the same form as your concern for your children, perhaps please do not leave your baggage unattended?

Last but not least, i must admit this really boils my kettle, the choice of people presenting you with flowers before everyone knew what the true reasons for Maddie's disappearance were.

Both of you smiling without a care in the world and seemingly loving the attention of a public that now think very differently .

But you know what really is quite infuriating and shows you for just what you are ?

The total lack of concern for anyone but yourselves, you see i cannot believe for one moment than any mural depicting yourselves did not have not only Clarence Mitchell's rather grubby hand in a shameless self publicity stunt but your express approval for being used.

So with all that said can you explain to me why your fame hungry mugshots are on that mural and not the daughter you say you care about so much !

You actually have the nerve to call people ghouls, when it appears to be yourselves exhibiting all the dictionary definitions of the word, living of the bones of a dead little girl where your crass irresponsibility and total lack of parental care was the one overriding reason for her disappearance in the first place.

Sickening !

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories Empty EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  candyfloss Wed 01 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

PUBLISHED: October 1, 2014 at 5:14 pm  •  LAST EDITED: October 1, 2014 at 5:21 pm          

POLICE are investigating another reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in the Nerja area.

Former prison worker and military man David Fullman (not actual name) spotted a blonde girl speaking Spanish in an English accent at the communal pool at the Tropicana apartment complex in La Herradura and was immediately reminded of Maddie.

After checking the online photo fit he immediately contacted police in the UK.

“A Spanish couple were by the pool with a very Spanish daughter and a blonde, white-skinned girl who looked English and spoke with an English

accent,” said Fullman, who was on holiday with his wife at her parents apartment.
“I tried to take a photo but the parents were keeping an eye on me, it was obvious I was watching them so I didn’t want to make a scene or appear to be a pervert.
“She looked like the digital construction, but more like her mother.”
Fullman, currently enrolled in a university degree, added: “I felt like I had to report this, even if it leads to nothing.
Maddie disappeared from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007, while her parents Kate and Gerry ate dinner nearby.

The Olive Press has reported on a string of previous alleged sightings of Maddie in the Axarquia.
British expat Rose Johnson, 70, believes she saw the missing girl playing on Penoncillo beach – between Torrox and Nerja – in the summer of 2011.
While in 2012, Spanish national police investigated a witness’ claim that Maddie had been seen walking in the town accompanied by ‘several people.
Another retired expat, Yvonne Tunnicliffe, claimed to be ‘100% sure’ that she had spotted Maddie at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2010.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2014/10/01/exclusive-ex-soldier-claims-he-saw-madeleine-mccann-by-a-nerja-swimming-pool/

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 18 May 2015, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 01 Oct 2014, 7:34 pm

There is a box for comments........No comments as yet     Rolling Eyes

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:43 pm

I wonder why his real name was not used?

There's also no indication of when this wondrous sighting took place.

It is a while since we had a silly sighting; perhaps, like buses, there'll be another one soon.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:57 pm

Freedom wrote:I wonder why his real name was not used?

There's also no indication of when this wondrous sighting took place.

It is a while since we had a silly sighting; perhaps, like buses, there'll be another one soon.  

We generally get a sighting story when another is about to break Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories 303636

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:34 pm

Yes, it's not as if we all don't know it, it's Clarence Mitchell.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:37 pm

Resistor wrote:

Yes, it's not as if we all don't know it, it's Clarence Mitchell.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories Smileys-afraid-652282

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:19 pm

What a crock of brown stuff,so what does A" VERY" SPANISH GIRL LOOK LIKE? did he Google the e fit? which one was it? cos we have had a few over the years and why did he contact the UK police?why not ask a member of staff to phone the local police,these IMO these "silly people" have done nothing over the years to help Madeleine get reunited with her family No oh hang on a minute i've had another thought.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:26 pm

They must be feeling the strain of the public, more and more are opening their eyes, get another sighting out quick!
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm

A sighting imo normally comes when you need to look there not over here,but it's been all so so quite of late is something afoot?
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:50 am

So on the same day we have a new 'sighting' from somebody who won't even use their real name for no good reason at all, and an article in the Times about a dossier of internet trolls and haters being handed to the Met.

Is someone expecting something to happen in October?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 7:42 am

wlbts wrote:So on the same day we have a new 'sighting' from somebody who won't even use their real name for no good reason at all, and an article in the Times about a dossier of internet trolls and haters being handed to the Met.

Is someone expecting something to happen in October?

The Media Monitoring Unit must have been busy.

How much of the Fund's resources are taken up by this MMU? Should these not be used to look for Maddie and to hell with some people in the world not liking you. that happens to just about everyone in the spotlight of publicity. Even Z-list celebrities.

Come to think of it, complaining about abuse is one of the means Z-list celebs use to stay in the news or even to climb on a wave of tabloid sympathy up to the Y-list.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

Yes, I think that something must be afoot..both of these reports just smack of desperation..Oh how I would love to be fly on the wall of Operation Grange's office right now.

Weird that they gave a false name, why not just say a person who wishes to remain anonymous?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:30 am

susible wrote:Yes, I think that something must be afoot..both of these reports just smack of desperation..Oh how I would love to be fly on the wall of Operation Grange's office right now.

Weird that they gave a false name, why not just say a person who wishes to remain anonymous?

Now that you say it, it does seem very strange to me. Why make up a name? It doesn't make sense. It makes more sense to me if I consider that possibly the name *was* made up, and the person *was* made up, and the sighting *was* made up. Fiction, nothing more, nothing less.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:35 am

Well when you consider that we always deride the reports from "unnamed sources" they've maybe decided to give a name for more authenticity, but on the proviso that it isn't actually their name, because they know we will all go and research it and find the person doesn't exist, well not in the format that they are claiming

Oh what a web they are weaving!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:16 am

Wasn't the damages trial verdict due around now? Only it's been held up by the changes to the Portuguese legal system. Only the plans already put in place are steaming ahead anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:37 am

Resistor wrote:Wasn't the damages trial verdict due around now?  Only it's been held up by the changes to the Portuguese legal system.  Only the plans already put in place are steaming ahead anyway.

Possibly, a bit like the S&S book, they probably hoped the investigation would be done and dusted by now as well, and the book was designed to be the "cherry on top" of the declaration of the McCanns innocence...Ooops

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:45 am

susible wrote:
Possibly, a bit like the S&S book, they probably hoped the investigation would be done and dusted by now as well, and the book was designed to be the "cherry on top" of the declaration of the McCanns innocence...Ooops

If the McCanns were sure that their innocence was going to be 'confirmed', that book doesn't make much sense.  Why not wait until OG gives you the official line that you can put in the book?  It might have made more money for one.

I think they came up with the idea for that book as a way to keep tabs on the investigation.  Unfortunately for them, Redwood wasn't interested and showed them the door and the PJ files. The book's release at this time indicates to me that there is no coordination between Operation Grange and the McCanns.

The fact that they haven't waited for the conclusion of the investigation speaks volumes to me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

Good point wlbts, and as Blacksmith also pointed out, there was absolutely nothing new in the book whatsoever.  I am still a bit puzzled as to the timing of the book, because with the investigation ongoing, who in their right mind would buy it?  Apart of course from those diligent posters who parted with cash, trawled through it and have given the rest of us a good synopsis...I salute your bravery and dedication

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

@wlbts & susible

Perhaps this is their last final throw of the dice. A desperate attempt to throw everything they have - the book, the sighting and the nasty trolls timed to coincide with the court case and end of the investigation.

Unfortunately the Portuguese court system is in disarray, Scotland Yard don't appear to be co-operating and Team McCann have such an appalling lack of imagination that they have simply regurgitated the same old same old.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next