MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 20 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 02 May 2016, 10:25 pm

Andrew wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Wonder will there be anything in the papers tomorrow?

I think the front pages tomorrow will be all about Leicester City being Premier league champions.

Who'd have thought it eh? The foxes, of all teams, knocking the Macs off the front pages. Karma!

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 20 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Andrew Tue 03 May 2016, 8:14 am

Well as far as I can see, there is absolutely nothing in the news on the day of the 9th anniversary.

I think the recent team McCann fiasco has seen to that. Along with the obvious feelings that the general public are sick to the back teeth of them.

Yet another 'disaster' for team McCann. And it's only going to get worse. A lot worse.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 03 May 2016, 8:30 am

Spoke to soon.

This article from the Metro has just been released. Although it's just the usual rehashed stuff.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/03/nine-years-since-madeleine-mccann-went-missing-heres-what-we-know-5855446/
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 03 May 2016, 8:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Just to put in bold.....

Scotland Yard refused to discuss the final line of inquiry for operational purposes.

A spokesman said: "There is no comment while there is an ongoing investigation."

Ahem.. just bump this up if I can...

For Tony and Pat fans.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 03 May 2016, 8:53 pm

I'm not sure what point you're making. Pat's analysis is sound and her conclusions incontrovertible:
1. If you believe the McCanns had no political power to enforce a remit, then they are most likely innocent.
2. If you believe the McCanns had the political power to enforce a remit, then they are most likely guilty.
3. If you believe the McCanns had the political power to enforce a remit yet Scotland Yard after wasting three years looking for an abductor is now doing an about face and moving in on the McCanns, then there has either been a huge political upheaval in the UK or you are in the land of wishful thinking.
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 03 May 2016, 9:13 pm

Sadly, AndyB, I agree with you. Her logic is irrefutable.

And I believe in the second scenario.

I fear all hope rests with the Portuguese. Hopefully GA's victory, the reappearance of his book on the shelves and the imminent launch of the new book regarding the Timelines may be enough to coax the Portuguese public to make their voices heard for justice for one of their own and the reputations of their policeforce and their country. I do not believe there is enough political will over there otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 03 May 2016, 9:14 pm

Good to see you, Andy.

My bold is what I believe...

Hope that's ok, probably wrong, but hey-ho.......
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 03 May 2016, 9:33 pm

Didn't NW say she works for the victim? in this case a 3yr old child who was left alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 03 May 2016, 9:37 pm

canada12 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528#ICID=sharebar_twitter

12:22, 30 Apr 2016
   Updated 12:22, 30 Apr 2016
   By Claire Rutter

The parents of Madeleine McCann were accused of cancelling an appearance on the ITV morning show

Kate and Gerry McCann have not pulled out of Lorraine as they were never booked

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been accused of cancelling an appearance on the Lorraine show, where they were allegedly set to launch a fresh appeal on the ninth anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance.

However, Kate and Gerry McCann were never due to appear on the ITV morning show, it has been confirmed.

A spokesperson for ITV told Mirror Celebs: "The McCanns have never been booked or confirmed to come and appear on Lorraine next Tuesday."

Ah, but were they invited? And did they give a verbal unbinding agreement, without actually confirming anything or being booked? And did they pull out after giving that verbal, unbinding agreement? And did that get leaked to the press? And did Kate and Gerry seethe at ITV, forcing ITV to issue the statement that they have never been booked or confirmed (officially)?

Hmmm.

Yes, I reckon that's it. They wanted to see what happened with the Amaral appeal decision. If he had lost I imagine they would have appeared gloating, cuddling up on the sofa with Lorraine loving having their egos stoked. (Although would she still do that, now they have so little public support?)

With the appeal lost, they knew that they would not be able to put up a convincing front. That question about their 'feelings' over the result of the trail would have to be asked and the sight of Kate cringing over her victim status and Gerry with an 'impenetrable' look would no doubt have turned them both into a laughing stock.

IMO!

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 10:06 pm

I'm reminded of the police caution... "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Wed 04 May 2016, 10:00 pm

canada12 wrote:I'm reminded of the police caution... "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

I agree,  but keeping quiet sometimes speaks volumes in itself. By the way, it's good to see that the famous  British phrase used in the police caution process is also employed in other countries around the world!
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catupatree Wed 04 May 2016, 10:08 pm

I used to live in the USA and it was different there ha ha!!

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 25 May 2016, 12:51 pm

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 25 May 2016, 2:21 pm

I'm glad that I had my lunch before seeing that.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 20 Empty Lorraine Kelly in the flesh...

Post  Rosa canina Wed 25 May 2016, 2:33 pm

I'm horrified - really...!

What on earth does that deluded old bat think she is up to?

So what if she's flat-bellied in a hot pink nylon bikini at 57 -

- would she really want her own daughter to aspire to the same?

A huge thumbs down from the antipodes.

Last edited by Rosa canina on Wed 25 May 2016, 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : English, and then some...)

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 25 May 2016, 6:21 pm

Oh please!
Seen her this morn and still looked big? Airbrushing works wonders eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 6:26 pm

No no no Rosa. Not having that at all........ how dare you.

She's 56.... Not 57.

The rest I agree with.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 25 May 2016, 8:01 pm

Andrew wrote:No no no Rosa. Not having that at all........ how dare you.

She's 56.... Not 57.

The rest I agree with.

lol!
Two sizzling guys though!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 25 May 2016, 10:48 pm

I feel sorry for her husband and kids - how embarrassing for them.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 26 May 2016, 6:34 am

Per Wikipedia - there's only one daughter, born in 1994, so she must be used to the embarrassment by now!
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 26 May 2016, 8:54 am

Always dignified, honest and full of integrity ...but enough about us Cool

Lorraine Kelly is one of those desperate to cling onto their youth, grab-a-grannies that we used to laugh at in our teens and twenties and thirties and, well, now and I'm sure we'll still be laughing at then in our fifties, sixties and beyond Laughing
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 26 May 2016, 11:03 am

Mutton dressed up as lizard is how my son describes such people.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 26 May 2016, 11:36 am

It's not even an age thing - it's more a desperate cry for attention thing.

When Helen Mirren was photographed on holiday in a bikini, she wasn't primped or airbrushed and she looked fantastic. Far more elegant than Lorraine Kelly can manage even fully dressed.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 May 2016, 9:28 pm

Has Playboy contacted LK as yet...

Page 3....

Adult movies on the horizon.

Couldn't make love to Gerry as well..

Bit part in the new Baywatch movie maybe.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 26 May 2016, 9:40 pm

I'm sorry Andrew, you've just made my night, jeez where do u get them lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next