MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say hello and introduce yourself here

+136
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Heisenburg
Freedom
candyfloss
Veracity
AnOldFriend
JohnnyH
Lois Jones
Unknown_Soldier
Ferrino
amber1911
curious
unreorganised
mumof6
LeoMcSick
What's_up_doc?
kellie
Hope
Bloodhound
Bashibozkedi
Birdy
mrjnh
kylie
Yorkshiregel
Neveronasunday
nannygroves
AgProv
Inca
EileenC
Connie
Honeyblade
Rosa canina
caseyjones
poster
Bubblewrapped
crabbit
chris
JJ
Rufus T
Mo
PeterMac
ciawoman
mad world
Guinea Pig
sofa
Ignored
Rowena
margaret
flowergirl
dentdelion
Shrike
bobbin
Thetruth
Suki
hicks
Helenmeg
seahorse
Stewie
chubbarie
Chop Suey on Toast
Burst
Ixta
jozi
Falafel
Tristar
TexMac
CynicAl
JustaLurker
ROMAntici
Ribisl
Rob Royston
anny
PMR
Antonia
saloongirl
Magnum
coppernob
poppyfox
AndyB
Vici
Carlymichelle
selkie
Cristobell
Andrew
KathyBelle
travis macbickle
nobodythereeither
Beanie
Muratfan
gbwales
DIBarlow
Bampots
Me
pollyanna
Scrants
dantezebu
Janesgirl
CaT
fatfiona
cherry
bluebell
Mimi
Marky
truthwillout
Lioned
hesla
chrissie
Louisa
Curiouser
Lorraine
wjk
TheTruthWillOut
Poe
Fiat500
womandotcom
bellisa
Justformaddiemccann
costello
MikeAbrams
Shnooks
Gaggzy
Poppy
eltee
Meteor
Châtelaine
chilli
DarkestDawn
End
Jellybot
Anne
Dee Coy
Mearns
mara thon
dazedandconfused
Admin
140 posters

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  bobbin Wed 19 Nov 2014, 6:26 pm

Thanks all for your lovely wishes, I was quite down so they are all very appreciated.
At the vet's yesterday she passed her first MOT. Now propolis powder and cream to heal her deep stitches and stop the skin drying out too much.

She's eating well and sat in the sun in the doorway today. The air is cold with snow on the mountain tops but the sun was good.

I've been looking at those Eglu's. Very expensive but totally secure and easily moved around. The hens had all been so free range, weeds, seeds, worms, (the odd adder which always caused a frenzy of interest) insects, my forbidden fenced off raspberries.....doh, etc. and the eggs were so good.

If I have a moveable enclosure then I will be able to get another 6 'girls' and they will be able to access different areas, and although it won't be the same, they will not be at risk of ghastly traumas and fearful death again.

I might also think of creating a flexible, larger wire-netting enclosure with electric fence around the outside, so they can be more 'outside' if I'm around.

One friend was watching over her hens free-roaming in her garden, she went round the back of her green house to get some plant pots and a day-raiding fox snapped her hens out in seconds.

They are too canny and a frenzied dog is no less stoppable. So 'electric' it may have to be (especially if I can turn the current up.... oh sorry, that's a cruel thought... it's in a dog's nature and fox's too, to do what they must do.... it's not their fault, just a terrible conflict of interests).

So mulling over a solution whilst watching over her improvement, but yes, my lovely grey hen will have companions, soon now, I hope.

She's already been through the hoops. She jumped badly out of the coop once, landed very clumsily and couldn't walk any more. In the end osteopathy (vet is also alternative) helped put her ligaments back into place but for several months I had her suspended in a home made baby sling hanging from an overhead bar to get the weight off her legs and stop her underside from damage.

She fell badly because of leg scale mite which had stiffened her ankles, and for which there was no apparent suitable treatment. After hours and hours of unsuccessful internet searching which gave no solution I eventually put two separate clues together.
One, block the air supply off to the mites,
Two, use some sort of grease.

I raided all of the local chemist shops, bought out their stocks of Castor Oil (it's really sticky) and dipped all of my hens' feet into a large jar of it, and glooped it on every three days for 10 days.

Mites died straight away, now it's a guaranteed treatment.

It's not all plain-sailing is it, keeping hens.

Diatomaceous Earth is the other magic ingredient. No self respecting parasite, red mite nor anything can outlive the DE onslaught, especially if garlic is made available to any hen that might fancy a bit of Mediterranean spice to their freshly pecked grass salad.

Just as an aside, the vet said keep my hen in the warm and dry.

Well, how many people have a place to do that, so my versatile living space has become a hen hospital, that means, I've moved all of me and my stuff to the far end of the room and will enjoy having my un-cramped style back when she gets back onto her feet.  Very Happy
bobbin
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Empty Hello members

Post  Shrike Thu 20 Nov 2014, 3:01 pm

I would just like to say hello and pleased that I came across this forum. I have followed the case closely for the past 18 months and was a member of the Jill Havern forum but I became disillusioned with it and rarely posted anymore. Funny thing is that I found this forum when I saw the link on Christobell's blog (accessed from a Google search for "Jill Havern" last week). I didn't always agree with Christobell's postings on JH but was surprised she was temporarily banned for something I did agree with her on. Then I read the thread and was amazed to see how many others had been banned for daring to state an alternative thinking to a certain person and some of that person's followers. I hope though that this new forum will continue to post all relevant news in the right way and I will follow it closely and maybe post should time allow. The JH forum is now deleted from my favourites and replaced with this one. From looking at this thread it does look as though many of the more level-headed contributers to JH have migrated across which is good to see. And I believe Candfloss to be an excellent moderator.

One final note. I always got the impression from reading many comments on JH that a large number of contributors were motivated by a hatred towards the parents rather than the real hope for truth in this sordid affair. Personally, I refused to take notice of anything McCann until 2013. I found them nauseating people and I did not believe a word of their story but I did not get involved. However, after reading the McCann files I actually found the case intriguing and still do to this day. But I don't want to be motivated by a dislike of the parents of Madeleine and will not post anything to do with personal feelings towards them, I strongly believe this kind of thing should not be allowed on such a forum and hope that it does not go that way. Anyway, good luck for the future!
Shrike
Shrike

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 20 Nov 2014, 3:17 pm

Hello Shrike. You will enjoy posting on here as it is always fair and very well run. I can`t promise we won`t say the odd naughty comment about the parents but it is motivated by frustration at what they have gotten away with rather than a hatred I think.
I hope you feel confident to post your thoughts. No one bites....well if they do the mods are on it.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 20 Nov 2014, 4:54 pm

Welcome Shrike.

I hope that nobody here (or on any other forum) is motivated by a hatred or dislike of Team McCann, but rather by a natural desire to find out the truth about whatever happened to Madeleine and that whoever is responsible will be brought to account eventually - hopefully in our lifetime!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristar Thu 20 Nov 2014, 6:31 pm

Freedom wrote:Welcome Shrike.

I hope that nobody here (or on any other forum) is motivated by a hatred or dislike of Team McCann, but rather by a natural desire to find out the truth about whatever happened to Madeleine and that whoever is responsible will be brought to account eventually - hopefully in our lifetime!

70 more years in your case Freedom Very Happy
Tristar
Tristar

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 20 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm

With permission, I have to say, that I do dislike TM.
My "quest" started 7+ years ago to try and find out, understand, what happened to their daughter. And if they had any involvement or if there were other "theories" read explanations for her disappearance.
Since some time, though, I am absolutely livid about the fact, that they try [and sometimes manage] to crush people, who don't toe their party-line. The most obvious ones being Dr. Amaral and now Brenda Leyland and some others under their wheels.

OK, now I've said it ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristar Thu 20 Nov 2014, 7:37 pm

Fair point(s) in my opinion
Tristar
Tristar

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Thu 20 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm

Welcome, Bobbin and Shrike.So sorry to hear about your chickens Bobbin,and going by what you have done for your surviving chicken it just goes to show you are a very caring person.I wouldn't kill a spider or a fly as I am sure many members of the forum wouldn't,, but we are regarded has the Trolls by the likes of Brunt,Burley,Malone and many others for having an opinion and seeking Justice for a three year old with no voice.

Shrike, when I saw the first interview by the McCann's on TV I said to my O/H I don't believe them, there is something dodgy about them.

Chatelaine, I know what you mean I dislike TM too but I don't hate them.But I do hate the fact that they have tried to destroy and crush the very people who want to find out what happened to their Daughter.I think that tells me all I need to know of Kate and Gerry.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Fri 21 Nov 2014, 12:08 am

Hi Bobbin, really good to see you here. I loved hearing about your hen(s). More please, it's really interesting although I guess we should be removed to the coffee area. I work fullish time so can't have any livestock. At the moment I struggle to keep the weeds in check but one day I will have my goats and chickens.....my OH has gone pale again!
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Shrike Fri 21 Nov 2014, 11:22 am

Tristar wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:With permission, I have to say, that I do dislike TM.
My "quest" started 7+ years ago to try and find out, understand, what happened to their daughter. And if they had any involvement or if there were other "theories" read explanations for her disappearance.
Since some time, though, I am absolutely livid about the fact, that they try [and sometimes manage] to crush people, who don't toe their party-line. The most obvious ones being Dr. Amaral and now Brenda Leyland and some others under their wheels.

OK, now I've said it ...

fair point(s) in my opinion

Agreed Châtelaine fair points and I honestly feel this way myself. I think the point I was trying to make is that so many of the threads on JH became comment after comment about feelings towards the parents, which I guess served to fuel everybody's anger and frustration and some people's dislike and possible "hatred". It was one of the 2 main reasons for my disillusionment, the other being the suppression of people's thoughts that opposed certain persons within the forum. I just hope that threads here will continue to focus on the topic and not get derailed. I want to remain interested, I have never believed what I saw as obvious lying, cover up etc., and want to believe that OG is working towards something other than a whitewash. I honestly don;t know what is going on behind the scenes, I doubt there are few on the forums who do but these forums are so important as they might one day help to work out what actually happened to this girl and achieve justice. Just as importantly I hope they help to expose what seems to be driving the undeserved support for these people at the highest level. Support for people who, at a minimum, have neglected their children and who would have been pilloried or even jailed had they not been doctors. Then who went on to make a mint out of their actions - I hope we never get to the day when we see one or both of their names in the honours list for example for services to charity, how KM can become an ambassador for MP I will never know (but that's the charity celeb workd in a nutshell I guess)! The support could simply be down to money (it is a good earner for so many), celeb status (jumping on the bandwagon), or something more sinister. Probably a mixture of all but, one day, surely justice will be done. After all, the lies and inconsistencies are there for everybody to see. This is our power, the main way to keep the pressure on and I hope we can make a difference together through constructive work.

Finally, just a thought, do people who have migrated to this forum believe that the JH forum has been infiltrated in some way working towards its destruction? I find some of the things going on there to be very strange.  After all, it has been one of the main oppositions to the McCann's control of their abduction theory.
Shrike
Shrike

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 21 Nov 2014, 11:37 am

Shrike. snipped from your post

Finally, just a thought, do people who have migrated to this forum believe that the JH forum has been infiltrated in some way working towards its destruction? I find some of the things going on there to be very strange.  After all, it has been one of the main oppositions to the McCann's control of their abduction theory.

I think there is cause to believe that all is not as it should be in that place. Quite clearly a lot of the posters on here who were forced out of that forum are reasonable and informed people who can argue their case without resorting to name calling and rudeness. We can`t all be right but it is only by allowing all hypotheses to be aired that it will be possible to come up with a cohesive synopsis.
I have had a few different ideas over the last few months and some have been shelved now thanks to picking the brains of those who know more than I do and it has helped me to form a better picture.
Why a once respected and revered forum should be allowing the loss of such brainpower is beyond my ken.

Remove if you see fit Freedom but not slagging off as such just commenting that it is odd so many good thinkers have been removed. I have the utmost respect for anyone who spends their own time researching tirelessly whatever forum they choose.

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 21 Nov 2014, 11:56 am

I'd prefer that comments aren't made about specific other forums; it always seems to lead to liberal helpings of mud-slinging, something I try to avoid.

Speaking generally, "infiltration" of any forum, organisation or whatever, by those with an ulterior motive for being there, happens all the time.

I don't think that it can be avoided.

Not, I hasten to add, that I am suggesting that it has happened in a particular place!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 21 Nov 2014, 12:31 pm

I wasn't commenting on your post specifically, Chirpy. There was also the one before from Shrike.

I'm simply anxious to avoid further unpleasantness.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:42 pm

Hello friends. I'm justformaddiemccann but unfortunately the OH updated my iPad whilst I was visiting dad in hospital. I've been unable to log back in, so I've been trying a lot of different ways with passwords and addresses. Now, I'm dogs don't lie, and he's been well warned to stay away from my iPad! Poor man, I was fuming lol. Please, candyfloss and freedom, I would be more than happy if you could delete the username ALGCM and justformaddie, cause I don't want to have anymore socks. My justformaddiemccann has a few good posts but I don't know if you delete that name, the posts go with it? Anyways, it's soo good to be back, jeez, you don't know what your missing if your not a member! Thanks for reading. X

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm

Thanks for letting us know, I just sent you a pm actually asking you about the others, I guessed it was you by the avatar. Laughing

Glad you are back.  Will delete the others.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

candyfloss wrote:Thanks for letting us know, I just sent you a pm actually asking you about the others, I guessed it was you by the avatar. Laughing

Glad you are back.  Will delete the others.

Cheers candyfloss, s##t day for not being here, s##t day for him too!

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Empty Just arrived!

Post  dentdelion Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:53 am

Oh dear as a frequent reader (infrequent poster) on the other main forum, I can't believe I only just noticed the setting up of this one. I see familiar posters here and Candyfloss Very Happy so will hop on board.
dentdelion
dentdelion

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:56 am

Hi there D!

It could be a fate worse than death for you if you don't remember me from somewhere else too!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:03 am

dentdelion wrote:Oh dear as a frequent reader (infrequent poster) on the other main forum, I can't believe I only just  noticed the setting up of this one.  I see  familiar posters here and Candyfloss Very Happy  so will hop on board.  

Hi dentdelion, welcome to our humble abode Laughing The troll sanctuary lol!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:05 am

.......or in the inimitable words of Bonnybraes, this is the hounder refuge.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:08 am

Freedom wrote:.......or in the inimitable words of Bonnybraes, this is the hounder refuge.

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 25346

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Images16

We`re all in this together.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:11 am

Please could we have some clothes - it's definitely too cold to bare all.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:23 am

Freedom wrote:Please could we have some clothes - it's definitely too cold to bare all.

Your wish.....

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Images17
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Empty This is me!

Post  Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:35 am

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 24 Th?id=HN.608042205552181565&pid=1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum