MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects

+6
bluebell
Thetruth
jumbo
Poe
paracetamol
Scrants
10 posters

Go down

Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects Empty Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects

Post  Scrants Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm

Scrants
Scrants

Back to top Go down

Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects Empty Re: Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects

Post  candyfloss Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:24 pm

Madeleine McCann: Cops to fly to Portugal to ask seven suspects 'did you kill Maddie?'

Scotland Yard detectives will arrive in Portugal next week to ask seven suspects: “Did you kill Madeleine McCann?”
Officers from Operation Grange, led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, are scheduled to fly to Faro on December 8.
They will spend three days interviewing 11 people, seven suspects and four witnesses, in the hope of a breakthrough in the case.
The seven suspects, who will be given arguido status, will be asked a series of 253 questions, including: “Did you kill Madeleine?”

Arguidos have the right not to answer questions and to have a lawyer present during interviews.
Among suspects to be quizzed is a man who worked as a gardener at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, where parents Kate and Gerry McCann were staying when Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007, nine days before her fourth birthday.
The ex-employee has previously said: “I have nothing to tell police.”
The fresh probe was ordered by Prime Minister David Cameron and has cost £8million so far. One line of inquiry is whether Madeleine was taken during a break-in.
Detectives are focusing on a white male aged 20 to 40, seen carrying a child fitting Madeleine’s description through Praia da Luz about the time she vanished.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-fly-portugal-4725028

It says next week in this story? scratch

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects Empty Re: Met fly to Faro next week - Mon 8th Dec. to question 7 suspects

Post  Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

I suppose if it was published on the Sunday, then the Monday technically could be "next week". Depends on whether you think Sunday or Monday is the first day of the week!

Back to top Go down

Post  paracetamol Mon 01 Dec 2014, 2:20 am

Imagine that those 7 suspects are the 7 dwarfs. confused
paracetamol
paracetamol

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrants Mon 01 Dec 2014, 4:58 am

Resistor wrote:I suppose if it was published on the Sunday, then the Monday technically could be "next week".  Depends on whether you think Sunday or Monday is the first day of the week!

Well, at least it's this month and we don't have to wait until the new year!
Scrants
Scrants

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 01 Dec 2014, 9:10 am

It'll be interesting to see who else turns up in Portugal next week.

If the seven arguidos are made up from the Tapas nine, which two are not going to be questioned? The obvious answer would be Kate & Gerry but, if the rumours that Jane Tanner has already spilled all to the police are true, she and one other could be the couple omitted from the nine. We could be a lot closer to seeing arrests than we realise.

Just speculating.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  jumbo Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:28 pm

Poe wrote:It'll be interesting to see who else turns up in Portugal next week.

If the seven arguidos are made up from the Tapas nine, which two are not going to be questioned? The obvious answer would be Kate & Gerry but, if the rumours that Jane Tanner has already spilled all to the police are true, she and one other could be the couple omitted from the nine. We could be a lot closer to seeing arrests than we realise.

Just speculating.

Jane tanner hopefully has capitulated and Diane Webster was never party to the ruse.imo
jumbo
jumbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:41 pm

Poe wrote:It'll be interesting to see who else turns up in Portugal next week.

Just speculating.

When it comes, it will be out of the blue. Nobody will have expected it. I will just be driving along minding my own business, listening to Classic FM, and then bang! there it is right on the hour, first news headline.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 01 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

Final hearing on the libel trial next week with results in February. Timing suspicious?

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Mon 01 Dec 2014, 6:28 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Final hearing on the libel trial next week with results in February. Timing suspicious?

Absolute pure chance.
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrants Tue 02 Dec 2014, 11:32 am

Maddie Case: British are 253 questions British police asked PJ to ask the prime suspects were killed Maddie. By Rui Gomes Pando All eleven people considered of interest in the British investigation of the case Madeleine McCann will be heard as witnesses. The interrogations will happen next week, but the CM found that, any of the interrogated may be made ​​defendant in the middle of inquiry. British police suggested a list of 253 questions to be asked by PJ at eleven people, including Robert Murat, the first investigation of the accused developed by the Portuguese authorities. Among the questions suggested by the Scotland Yard are direct questions about the authorship of the death of the British child who disappeared in Praia da Luz in Lagos, May 3, 2007, and where the body was hidden. The most incriminating questions will only be made ​​to people who believe that the British had intervention in the disappearance of Maddie. The interrogations, as the CM reported, were scheduled for the last week of November. However, a legal limbo on the establishment of accused suspects forced the cancellation of inquiries, requested through the fifth letter of request of the British authorities. Seven people were going to be heard as defendants and four as witnesses. The problem is that the defendants are not required to answer all questions and may have to give him a lawyer. The question was posed to the new prosecutor of the Public Ministry of Portimão, Inês Sequeira, who decided that all will be heard as witnesses. If incriminating aspects are found, the questioning as a witness is suspended and any of the people can be made ​​immediately defendant, having knowledge of new rights. The proceedings will be held at the premises of the Judicial Police in Faro.

Ler mais em: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/ingleses_fazem_253_perguntas.html&usg=ALkJrhjDVRrDHwJ9I6KSoCQa2ZUUa_p3Hg

This is from Correio da Manha today.

I think that this sentence - "The most incriminating questions will only be made ​​to people who believe that the British had intervention in the disappearance of Maddie" - should read as "the most incriminating questions will only be made to people who the British believe had intervention in the disappearance of Maddie"
Scrants
Scrants

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 02 Dec 2014, 1:34 pm

Scrants wrote:Maddie Case:

Ler mais em: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/ingleses_fazem_253_perguntas.html&usg=ALkJrhjDVRrDHwJ9I6KSoCQa2ZUUa_p3Hg

This is from Correio da Manha today.

I think that this sentence - "The most incriminating questions will only be made ​​to people who believe that the British had intervention in the disappearance of Maddie" - should read as "the most incriminating questions will only be made to people who the British believe had intervention in the disappearance of Maddie"

It would be very interesting if google's translation was correct wouldn't it. :shock

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

I think things will go very quiet now that DCI Wall has taken over. Andy seemed to play out a few games in public e.g. the digging in PdL, leaks to media etc. I imagine that DCI Wall will ensure that little is revealed.

Although I tend to think that is a good thing- it means we will have some very quiet periods with less movements to discuss.

Then all of a sudden there will be dramatic pictures of UK citizens being taken in for questioning
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm

Haha, have you seen the plaque on the wall beside the gate of 5a?
Seen it across the way.
Don't know if it's a joke or not though?

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 30 Dec 2014, 8:14 pm

Feeling a little bored due to the lack of news I have just visited the Met office police website to see if there is any update on the case:

I am not sure if this has changed or not :

The case now comes under:

Major Investigation Team 5
Homicide and Serious Crime Command
Belgravia Police station
202-206 Buckingham Palace Rd
London SW1W 9SX

operation.grange@met.police.uk

Also a FOI request was made regarding the no. of complaints received on the case by public:

Freedom of Information Request Reference No:
I note you seek access to the following information
I would like information about complaints receiv
ed by the Metropolitan Police from members of
the public regarding the inve
stigation designated ‘Operation
Grange’ which relates to the
disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Please state the number of complaints receiv
ed since 12/05/2011 with
a breakdown stating:
a) The month/year of the complaint
b) A summary of the complaint,
for example the cost of Oper
ation Grange, its duration etc
DECISION
I have disclosed the located information to you in part.
There have been two public complaints reco
rded from 12 May 2011 to November 2014 upon
Tribune that relate to Operation Grange. The firs
t complaint was recorded in July 2012. The
second complaint was recorded in March 2014.
In response to your request for a summary of eac
h complaint, I can provide the summary of one
complaint as recorded upon Tribune.
Complaint one
"The complainant alleges she has received no re
sponse to leads she has submitted concerning
the investigation into the dis
appearance of Madeline McCann."
Having considered the summary of the second pub
lic complaint for release, I have decided to
refuse this part this part of your request. Under Sectio
n 40 (2)(a)(b) & (3)(a)(i) - Personal Information

Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 Dec 2014, 8:45 pm

So only two complaints in 3 years - or am I reading that wrong? Shocked  So people/public quite happy with Op Grange cheers

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 30 Dec 2014, 11:02 pm

Seems unlikely.Even if they differentiate between 'complaints' and 'requests for information'.

Surely there would be loads simply complaining about the cost if nothing else.

As regards any lack of news or activity i supose the media has had other stuff to sell the papers so no need for Maddie generated sales !

Did they go back for the forensic stuff do we know ?

It will take Mrs Wall a while to make sense of the last lot of interviews and we are expecting news on the Amaral hearing around the mid January with a view to 'awards' in Feb ?
And blacksmith has promised action by Mon 26th Jan 2015 (give or take a bit) so interesting times coming soon !
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 31 Dec 2014, 10:59 am

Lioned wrote:Seems unlikely.Even if they differentiate between 'complaints' and 'requests for information'.

Surely there would be loads simply complaining about the cost if nothing else.

As regards any lack of news or activity i supose the media has had other stuff to sell the papers so no need for Maddie generated sales !

Did they go back for the forensic stuff do we know ?

It will take Mrs Wall a while to make sense of the last lot of interviews and we are expecting news on the Amaral hearing around the mid January with a view to 'awards' in Feb ?
And blacksmith has promised action by Mon 26th Jan 2015 (give or take a bit) so interesting times coming soon !

I've been wondering whether DCI Wall took over the investigation earlier this year and that's why the McCanns were looking visibly upset in May at the Rothley war memorial. Perhaps it had suddenly dawned on them that it was now a murder investigation and that "Madeleine may not have been alive when she left the apartment", although they would have already known that if they'd disposed of her body. I should imagine Mrs Wall overlapped for some time with AR before taking over the reigns to see where the investigation was going and what had been achieved before AR retired.

I'm going off line now as I have friends coming over soon so will not be able to follow the forum until tomorrow.

I hope every one has a good New Year and let's hope 2015 brings an end to this charade.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 31 Dec 2014, 11:18 am

I'm hoping DCI Wall will take no crap from anyone and does her job fully and truthfully. Madeleine was only three when she vanished and deserves an honest investigation, anything less shouldn't enter anyone's mind at all. It would be good if detectives could try and picture Madeleine as their daughter, niece or cousin and start from there.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down