MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14

+2
Poe
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14 Empty Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14

Post  Admin Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:15 am

There is a video of the suspects in 90 seconds with this story on link below................

Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds

In the seven years since the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in May 2007, The Telegraph examines the list of suspects in the case

By Keely Lockhart, Video Producer
7:00AM BST 09 Sep 2014

At 10:14pm on May 3 2007, one of the biggest missing persons investigations for decades began, when Kate and Gerry McCann returned to their holiday home apartment in the Algarve to find their daughter Madeleine was missing from her bed.

The Portuguese police investigating the disappearance almost immediately singled out the McCann's as arguidos (official suspects), having previously questioned property developer Robert Murat, who was then cleared in 2008.

Some witnesses claim to have seen a mystery man carrying a child matching Madeleine's description, and in 2013 an E-fit image was released following a Crimewatch appeal.

At present, Scptland Yard have identified 38 "people of interest", but are believed to be no closer to finding out what happened to Madeleine McCann seven years ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11082996/Madeleine-McCann-the-investigations-suspects-in-90-seconds.html

Last edited by Admin on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14

Post  Admin Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:17 am

Does anyone know how to post the video, it says embed on it but I can't get it to work here.   Anyone?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: the investigation's suspects in 90 seconds - Telegraph 9/9/14

Post  Poe Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:26 am

I couldn't get it to link from the telegraph but they've also posted it on youtube Wink
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:27 am

Thank you Poe flower

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:40 am

Interesting, another piece from the Telegraph that adds to my suspicion that they aren't very 'pro-McCann'.

Suspects include:

- Murat, but it says he was formally cleared in 2008
- The McCanns, no mention of being cleared (because they weren't)
- Includes mention of Amaral's belief that the McCanns faked the abduction
- Mentions the libel trial and that the judgment is due soon
- Cuts straight from a video of Gerry to the Smithman e-fits
- 38 persons of interest gets a brief mention at the end, doesn't say that anyone in particular is *not* a person of interest.

This is the third McCann piece in a week from the Telegraph that has simply stated the facts (well, some of them at least).

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:03 am

I do like the way the video has a clip of Gerry speaking outside the court immediately followed by the image of smithman.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:07 am

The video says the police were informed at 10.14. Surely it was 10.40 or 10.50?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:10 am

Antonia wrote:The video says the police were informed at 10.14.  Surely it was 10.40 or 10.50?

Off the top of my head the phonecalls to the GNR were made at 10.41 and 10.52. Might have got some digits the wrong around, I usually do Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:46 am

wlbts wrote:Interesting, another piece from the Telegraph that adds to my suspicion that they aren't very 'pro-McCann'.

Suspects include:

- 38 persons of interest gets a brief mention at the end, doesn't say that anyone in particular is *not* a person of interest.

This is the third McCann piece in a week from the Telegraph that has simply stated the facts (well, some of them at least).

I agree with your suspicions wlbts, I do wonder if the Telegraph is sending a message to Sky news that they don't have a monoply on the S & S book,

Telegraph also mentions;

One of the incidents in the Carvoeiro area was described to us by a British resident of Portugal, a well-known face on British television who prefers not to be named here. It occurred some three years before Madeleine vanished, and the target was the eight-year-old daughter of an English couple – friends of the resident – who were renting a villa nearby.

“The parents had been asleep in their room with the door closed, and their two children were in their beds in another room. From what the children told their parents, it seemed the man had come in and got into bed with their younger daughter. He hadn’t actually done anything to her. The girl said, 'Is that you, Daddy?’ And he said, 'Yes’. She knew it wasn’t her daddy, perhaps because he talked differently or was the wrong size or something. They’d got some other people staying in the villa, so she asked, 'Is that you, Uncle?’ and again he said, 'Yes’. But that was it.

“The older girl woke up at that point and saw what was happening. The man got up and walked out of the room into the kitchen. The older girl told her sister something like, 'Keep quiet. Just keep quiet.’ But then, when the man had gone, the kids woke their parents.”

Who is this British resident well known on British television, why do they prefer not to be named?
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 09 Sep 2014, 11:06 am

The thought also occurs to me that was this young girl accustomed to her father and / or uncle getting into bed with her?

Children climbing into their parents' beds is of course nothing unusual but the other way round........hmmmm.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:04 pm

Freedom wrote:The thought also occurs to me that was this young girl accustomed to her father and / or uncle getting into bed with her?

Children climbing into their parents' beds is of course nothing unusual but the other way round........hmmmm.

OMG, i hadn't thought of that, I echo your hmmmm
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:43 pm

Anne wrote:
wlbts wrote:Interesting, another piece from the Telegraph that adds to my suspicion that they aren't very 'pro-McCann'.

Suspects include:

I agree with your suspicions wlbts, I do wonder if the Telegraph is sending a message to Sky news that they don't have a monoply on the S & S book,

Telegraph also mentions;

One of the incidents in the Carvoeiro area was described to us by a British resident of Portugal, a well-known face on British television who prefers not to be named here. It occurred some three years before Madeleine vanished, and the target was the eight-year-old daughter of an English couple – friends of the resident – who were renting a villa nearby.

“The parents had been asleep in their room with the door closed, and their two children were in their beds in another room. From what the children told their parents, it seemed the man had come in and got into bed with their younger daughter. He hadn’t actually done anything to her. The girl said, 'Is that you, Daddy?’ And he said, 'Yes’. She knew it wasn’t her daddy, perhaps because he talked differently or was the wrong size or something. They’d got some other people staying in the villa, so she asked, 'Is that you, Uncle?’ and again he said, 'Yes’. But that was it.

“The older girl woke up at that point and saw what was happening. The man got up and walked out of the room into the kitchen. The older girl told her sister something like, 'Keep quiet. Just keep quiet.’ But then, when the man had gone, the kids woke their parents.”

Who is this British resident well known on British television, why do they prefer not to be named?

The only well-known face on British TV who is also resident in Portugal that I can think off offhand is Cliff Richard.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:55 pm

I don't think it can be him - he's famous in a lot more places than the U K.

His holiday home is also nowhere near PDL.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:25 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't think it can be him - he's famous in a lot more places than the U K.

His holiday home is also nowhere near PDL.

No, I can't see it being him either. Whoever it supposedly is, it's just hearsay, since presumably the parents didn't bother to report it to the police. Otherwise there would very likely have been some newspaper coverage which this SKY journalist would have been able to follow it up to substantiate the story. It's not even as if this intruder attempted to remove this child from her bed. All we have here is a claim along the lines of "I can't tell you who it is, but somebody famous enough to be on the telly told me that an English-speaking pervert once broke into a kid's room not far from where Maddie disappeared."
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:25 pm

Anne wrote:

Telegraph also mentions;

What a fishy story.  Firstly, this man took great risks to get in bed with a young girl in a strange apartment, and did nothing.  Secondly, when discovered by the older girl he just 'got up and walked out of the room into the kitchen'.  He didn't do what I would expect such a person to do, which is to either threaten the young girls, or jump up and clamber out of the window.

If this is a true story I would be looking at either the uncle, or the 'other people staying in the villa'. I highly doubt it is true though, sounds more like a case of chinese whispers to me.

This celebrity could be male or female, and sounds as if they a television personality rather than a pop-star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Sat 13 Sep 2014, 10:58 am

Not saying it is, but could it be?

A mother of five children, she spent 7 years in Portugal where the family was renovating an old Algarvian villa. During this time she continued to commute back to London to fulfil her commitments to Sky Television, but she was also teaching music at the International school out there.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/jo-wheeler/15/a81/85b

Sky News
Jo Wheeler lived in Portugal for a seven-year period with her husband and five children, and commuted to the UK-based Sky News Centre in Isleworth on a weekly basis to present the weather. Because of this, she acted as a live reporter in Praia da Luz during the initial coverage of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann before journalists arrived from London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Wheeler
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down