MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

+29
margaret
Popcorn
Cristobell
joyce1938
gbwales
niklasericson
kylie
TheTruthWillOut
Walt
Bampots
mrjnh
Freedom
Jellybot
Dee Coy
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Châtelaine
Mimi
Mo
PMR
Hellsbells
Poe
costello
froggy
chirpyinsect
Honeyblade
chrissie
candyfloss
nobodythereeither
33 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 8 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 6:56 pm

It pains me to admit it,but its for research,I've just gone out and got a sun,the closing paragraph states and I quote.

Crucial to the new search will be access to information Operation Grange has uncovered.The McCanns can only hope it will bring them more success.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 8 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

Post  Dee Coy Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:10 pm

Walt wrote:It pains me to admit it,but its for research,I've just gone out and got a sun,the closing paragraph states and I quote.

Crucial to the new search will be access to information Operation Grange has uncovered.The McCanns can only hope it will bring them more success.

Walt - you are a martyr to the cause.

Hmm, not sure what to make of this. Would the McCanns be legally entitled to look at police files paid for by the government? Our money. Or is the article saying the McCanns would hope to have access, that would be crucial to their private search?

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:34 pm

Walt wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:
Walt wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:
Walt, you seem to be very negative about these latest developments.

Clarence Mitchell told us,"Kate and Gerry are firmly of the view that some one got into the apartment and took Madeleine out of the window as their means of escape" can you point to any thing that leads you to believe that OG have been investigating any thing other than this.
Officers have investigated more than 60 persons of interest. A total of 650 sex offenders have also been considered,
why would OG be investigating this lot if they didn't believe an abduction took place.Why the need to eliminate them if they didn't think they could be involved in some way.
The police can't make assumptions. They can only work on evidence and have to start with an open mind. So every line of enquiry had to be explored and eliminated. If this was a whitewash then 1 of those 650 would have been fitted up rapido.

Those who think its a whitewash do so because OG haven't come up with a solution they desire,I don't think its one,I believe that OG was a bona fide investigation of an abduction.
Let me put it like this,is it really possible that OG by eliminating 710 persons have done so by questioning if its possible that they could have taken a cadaver out of Apartment 5a only to return a few weeks later to return the cadaver,deposit in an hire car only for the hirer not to notice but seemingly have need to air the car out by leaving the tail gate open,of course not,they investigated an abduction as per the remit.
What they are doing now is a completely different.
What they have done inadvertently or otherwise is come up with it seems not one iota to support an abduction.

If only they will be brave enough to openly admit that there is no evidence of abduction.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:42 pm

froggy wrote:
If only they will be brave enough to openly admit that there is no evidence of abduction.

I'd think OG are keeping their powder dry,imagine if this were the case,the McCanns would be demanding to see what evidence they have that leads them not to believe its not an abduction.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:43 pm

When people are made 'arguido' it entitles them to see the evidence in Portugal. Maybe this in case because of the Portugese investigation this would entitle them to see it here. This would explain a lot!!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:43 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Walt wrote:It pains me to admit it,but its for research,I've just gone out and got a sun,the closing paragraph states and I quote.

Walt - you are a martyr to the cause.

Hmm, not sure what to make of this. Would the McCanns be legally entitled to look at police files paid for by the government? Our money. Or is the article saying the McCanns would hope to have access, that would be crucial to their private search?

Grange won't hand over any thing surely whilst its an ongoing investigation.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 8 Empty Re:BREAKING NEWS ON BBC-Madeleine McCann case :Police team cut to four.

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:49 pm

Bampots wrote:When people are made 'arguido' it entitles them to see the evidence in Portugal. Maybe this in case because of the Portugese investigation this would entitle them to see it here. This would explain a lot!!!!

Yes you are correct Bampots. I forgot about that, so are they still arguido's. Something I read states they still are, but not sure.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:00 pm

Reading the Sun article and there is a strong whiff of filled pants emanating from who wrote it. Like it is they who are being investigated. They really want OG gone.

I also like how this "special account" money is now said to be ring fenced. So that is an admission that the fund was a free for all before then?

Time for a stiff one, I think.....

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 8 53700-Alec-Baldwin-perfect-loop-gif-iF6f
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 8 Empty Re:BREAKING NEWS ON BBC-Madeleine McCann case :Police team cut to four.

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:09 pm

Excellent TTWO. You are so funny, where do you get all this. I know this is a serious case
but its good to lighten up sometimes. Cheers.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:15 pm

Another thing, the paper sub heading says"How did Maddie hunt go wrong".

Also from the paper the only reference to the PJ is.

"The McCann's were desperate for a British police review as they believed the Portuguese authorities had hopelessly bungled their investigation.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:24 pm

Walt wrote:
froggy wrote:

I'd think OG are keeping their powder dry,imagine if this were the case,the McCanns would be demanding to see what evidence they have that leads them not to believe its not an abduction.

But there wouldn't be any evidence, that's the point.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm

@costello.

Mostly from a gaming board I'm a member of. Some very creative people there and some of the Gifs look like they were made with this case in mind (but aren't).

If I didn't make fun of this case (or most bad things in life) I would have been gone from discussion forums long ago.

There are literally thousands of Gifs I could have posted but I deem too cruel. Even for some of the deplorable characters in this case.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm

Please keep them coming TTWO, they are brilliant, the monkeys up to now are the best, excellent.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:46 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !! No way Jose. That could never happen - please tell me I`m right.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:55 pm

costello wrote:Please keep them coming TTWO, they are brilliant, the monkeys up to now are the best, excellent.

Will do! (sparingly)

So reading the bullet points from OG and the following is fascinating in the sense of how OG have managed to do so much under the radar and the media really have left them to it:

The investigation team has taken 1,338 statements and collected 1,027 exhibits

1300 people all over Europe/World have visited/been visited by SY and 1000 exhibits taken. How many individual statements did the PJ take in the May-Oct 2007 time frame for comparison?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 8:57 pm

Walt wrote:Another thing, the paper sub heading says"How did Maddie hunt go wrong".

"The McCann's were desperate for a British police review as they believed the Portuguese authorities had hopelessly bungled their investigation.

Seems to me Walt, as reading today's Sun article the Met police seem to be portrayed in the same light as the PJ. Very odd indeed.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:02 pm

Not at all,they've investigated an abduction and produced zilch,why should TM be happy with the MET,I've shifted my thoughts to err on the side of optimistic.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:18 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
costello wrote:Please keep them coming TTWO, they are brilliant, the monkeys up to now are the best, excellent.

Will do! (sparingly)

So reading the bullet points from OG and the following is fascinating in the sense of how OG have managed to do so much under the radar and the media really have left them to it:

The investigation team has taken 1,338 statements and collected 1,027 exhibits

1300 people all over Europe/World have visited/been visited by SY and 1000 exhibits taken. How many individual statements did the PJ take in the May-Oct 2007 time frame for comparison?

I really don't have a clue here TTWO. Maybe Dee Coy or Mimi could help out with your
question. I for one would also like to know the answer.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:33 pm

Walt wrote:
costello wrote:
Walt wrote:Another thing, the paper sub heading says"How did Maddie hunt go wrong".

Seems to me Walt, as reading today's Sun article the Met police seem to be portrayed in the same light as the PJ. Very odd indeed.

Not at all,they've investigated an abduction and produced zilch,why should TM be happy with the MET,I've shifted my thoughts to err on the side of optimistic.

Walt, I was only stating what I read from the article and how the Met police seem to be
categorized similar to the PJ. I also remain optimistic, more so now.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

costello wrote:
Walt wrote:
costello wrote:

Walt, I was only stating what I read from the article and how the Met police seem to be
categorized similar to the PJ. I also remain optimistic, more so now.

We've crossed wires I think,I agree on how the MET seemed to be portrayed,TM aren't happy.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:46 pm

Walt wrote: We've crossed wires I think,I agree on how the MET seemed to be portrayed,TM aren't happy.

Absolutely agree with you Walt.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sat 31 Oct 2015, 10:03 am

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sat 31 Oct 2015, 10:56 am

gbwales wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:

If there was no concrete evidence and the T9 knew that, I think it's highly unlikely that one of them would crack.

Why would they?

Worth bearing in mind that they are not hardened criminals. They might at times have had good confidence at the lack of concrete "triable" evidence, and how various states of affairs have kept them safe so far, but - for example - it sounds like Matt Oldfield was having some severe emotional issues during the first PJ interviews when his story was seen not to stand up.

If there's the prospect of new evidence coming forth - or better outcomes from existing evidence such as DNA, or new reveals by way of Portugal's revised laws on mobile phone records etc, then the ground beneath their feet might not feel so secure.

http//:www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-473408/Mystery-Madeleine-parents-secret-emails-intercepted-police.html

Perhaps the Portuguese already have the evidence? According to this article the police intercepted e-mails between the friends which provided "decisive proof " that no kidnapping took place.

Does anyone have a link recording where Matt Oldfield got distressed when being interviewed? I've read this before but can't remember where. Certainly, in that article it's Rachael, his wife, who was being indignantly adamant.

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Sat 31 Oct 2015, 2:00 pm

@ Dee Coy....

That incident is very specifically referenced in the introduction to "The Cracked Mirror" which claims to be thoroughly sourced, although I have never seen any original 'first hand' source document (which would presumably have to be an interview transcript....)
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sat 31 Oct 2015, 8:01 pm

gbwales wrote:@ Dee Coy....

That incident is very specifically referenced in the introduction to "The Cracked Mirror" which claims to be thoroughly sourced, although I have never seen any original 'first hand' source document (which would presumably have to be an interview transcript....)

Thank you.

I've read a lot of this today, can only find the bit about Matt's breakdown in the introduction part of "The Cracked Mirror":

http://madeleinemccannaffair.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/introduction.html

In fact by May 10, when the first round of statements had been checked, the investigators were accusing a number of the group of outright lying. One of them, Mathew Oldfield, was heard crying hysterically in the interview room that day when aggressively questioned about his extraordinary "hear no evil, see no evil" visit to apartment 5A on the evening of May3, although he made no mention of this in his Leicester interview .

In fact the whole blog appears to be incomplete, promising study of the investigaton of 2007, for example, that just isn't there.

What did strike me, though, was just how little the rest of the Tapas actually seemed to know Kate and Gerry, and in fact, how little they - Gerry in particular - seemed to be liked. This is described very well in this section, Absent Friends, where it also becomes clear that none of them actually spent much time at all in the holiday with McCanns, either. How fascinating:

http://madeleinemccannaffair.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/absent-friends.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next