MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine - Mirror

+15
poster
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Freedom
candyfloss
Andrew
gbwales
Poe
Châtelaine
Heisenburg
chrissie
AndyB
chirpyinsect
Inca
Mo
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Empty Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine Mirror

Post  Inca Sun 22 May 2016, 12:16 am

There is a story in the Mirror about Sharon Osbourne having a go at the McCanns, can someone copy it over, I can't do links on phone.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Empty Re: Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine - Mirror

Post  Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 12:24 am

Sharon Osbourne blasted by missing Madeleine McCann's parents after she brands them "insane" for leaving girl alone

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sharon-osbourne-blasted-missing-madeleine-8023352

Kate and Gerry hit back at 'ignorant' 'Ill-informed' star after she accuses them on TV

Outspoken star Sharon Osbourne has been blasted by the parents of missing Madeleine McCann after she branded them “insane” for leaving their daughter alone.

Former X Factor judge Sharon made the hurtful claims on her US chat show The Talk as she criticised parents for leaving children without supervision.

In a clear attack on Kate and Gerry McCann, Sharon said: “I will tell you a very quick story. There was a husband and wife on holiday in Portugal.

“They left their baby in the room sleeping, sleeping while they went to dinner in the restaurant.

“While they were in the resort their baby was taken. And it is like, ‘Oh but we can see everything that is going on’ and it is, like, insane.”

The comments on Friday’s CBS show have outraged Kate and Gerry.

A family friend said: “It’s very ­disappointing when someone with such a high profile makes this sort of ­ignorant, ill-informed comment.

“She should think about the effect it could have on Madeleine’s brother and sister, as well as the wider family.

Read more: Reasons why McCanns were not made suspects over abandonment is revealed

“Kate and Gerry have never forgiven themselves and this should not have been aired in a random way, as it ­apparently was.

“It’s based on ignorance of the true facts. While she’s entitled to her view she should keep it to herself.”

Maddie was snatched from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007, days before her fourth birthday and has never been found.

Kate and Gerry were with other parents at a restaurant a few hundred metres away and the adults took it in turns to pop back to check on their kids.

Read more: Police chief wins libel case against seething McCanns

Sharon, 63, and her panellists were discussing a thread on Mumsnet social media site. A British woman had asked if parents would leave a 10-month-old child sleeping peacefully at home for seven minutes.

Another questioned whether it was acceptable to leave a baby sleeping while they picked something up ­approximately 50 metres away.

Reacting to the suggestion, mum-of-three Sharon said: “This is insane. It is like so many things happen in just a second. If you leave a candle on and the curtain blows on it and it caught on fire.

“And I think of all these scenarios in my head and there is no way in a million years that you would ever do that.”

Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, have previously admitted being plagued by guilt over missing Maddie

Days after her abduction dad Gerry said: “Hindsight has proven we made a mistake and we would never leave the children again.”

And as Kate launched her book, Madeleine, in 2011, Gerry said: “Blaming us takes it away from the abductor. Someone stole a child. Of course we feel guilt. But it doesn’t bring the child back. So we tried to take control of things you can influence, to help the search.”

Kate said: “People say, ‘Why didn’t you get a babysitter?’ Having a babysitter implied there was a risk situation and we just didn’t see it like that.

“We didn’t think it was necessary. It wasn’t to save money.”

But she later added: “It goes without saying that we now bitterly regret it.” Cardiologist Gerry has also said: “Who’s thinking about child abductions in a little sleepy out-of-season tourist resort?

“It never entered our minds. We felt very safe — it was a family resort.

“At home you put your kids to bed and go off and do things about the house and garden and don’t think about it.

“We were checking on our kids only metres away. After, we were consumed with guilt. But we can’t change it.”

Sharon’s publicist was approached for comment but did not respond.

But the star – in talks to return to The X Factor – faced a backlash from the families of other missing children.

Sandy Davidson, three, vanished in Irvine, North Ayrshire, in 1976 after trying to catch his dog which had run loose. He had been playing with his sister Donna, who is now 42. Last night she criticised Sharon, saying: “The McCann’s have been through an horrific ordeal and comments like this are unhelpful. People like this should stop passing judgment.

“I’ve met Kate a couple of times and we share their pain. They are victims.”

Meanwhile Nicki Durbin, who is friends with the McCanns, has spent 10 years searching for son Luke, 19 – last seen in Ipswich after a night out.

Nicki, 47, said: “If you had to walk in our shoes, then perhaps your perception would be different.”

Sharon is currently dealing with marital issues over claims rock star husband Ozzy, 67, had a fling with LA hair stylist Michelle Pugh.

Hours before her chat show Ozzy was seen with Sharon and their dog Bella, jumping into a car in Beverly Hills.

Back to top Go down

Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Empty Re: Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine - Mirror

Post  Inca Sun 22 May 2016, 12:35 am

Much obliged Canada. Another story not favourable to Kate and Gerry, they will be 'seething' again.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 22 May 2016, 5:33 am

Note how Gerry refers to his missing daughter. Her name is Madeleine, Gerry.

And as Kate launched her book, Madeleine, in 2011, Gerry said: “Blaming us takes it away from the abductor. Someone stole a child. Of course we feel guilt. But it doesn’t bring the child back. So we tried to take control of things you can influence, to help the search.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 7:01 am

chirpyinsect wrote:Note how Gerry refers to his missing daughter. Her name is Madeleine, Gerry.

And as Kate launched her book, Madeleine, in 2011, Gerry said: “Blaming us takes it away from the abductor. Someone stole a child. Of course we feel guilt. But it doesn’t bring the child back. So we tried to take control of things you can influence, to help the search.

What a message to send to the twins!
Imagine, for a moment, that one of them left their bike, unlocked, in their front garden. In spite of having a perfectly good padlock. And along came someone who thought, aha, an unlocked bike - I'll just nick that. And so the bike gets stolen. The child goes to Gerry and cries, "Someone stole my bike!"

Does Gerry say, it's not your fault, it's the bike thief's fault! He shouldn't have stolen your bike!

Or does he say, "Why didn't you have your padlock on? We gave you a padlock so your bike wouldn't be stolen! Why didn't you use it?"

And the child says, "But I didn't think it would be stolen - it was in our front garden - I didn't think anyone would come in and take it."

And Gerry says.........................

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 22 May 2016, 9:18 am

canada12 wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:Note how Gerry refers to his missing daughter. Her name is Madeleine, Gerry.

What a message to send to the twins!
Imagine, for a moment, that one of them left their bike, unlocked, in their front garden. In spite of having a perfectly good padlock. And along came someone who thought, aha, an unlocked bike - I'll just nick that. And so the bike gets stolen. The child goes to Gerry and cries, "Someone stole my bike!"

Does Gerry say, it's not your fault, it's the bike thief's fault! He shouldn't have stolen your bike!

Or does he say, "Why didn't you have your padlock on? We gave you a padlock so your bike wouldn't be stolen! Why didn't you use it?"

And the child says, "But I didn't think it would be stolen - it was in our front garden - I didn't think anyone would come in and take it."

And Gerry says.........................

And Gerry says to Kate, "The child's bike has been stolen by a bad man."
Excellent analogy C12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 9:40 am

Thus endeth the first lesson in teaching children that nothing they've done wrong is ever their fault, and that they should always blame someone else for their own failure to make responsible choices.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 22 May 2016, 9:53 am

Moved your post/topic re this here Mo, it is now the first post on the thread as yours  was posted first.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 22 May 2016, 10:14 am

The friend told The Mirror: “It’s very ­disappointing when someone with such a high profile makes this sort of ­ignorant, ill-informed comment.

“She should think about the effect it could have on Madeleine’s brother and sister, as well as the wider family.

They added: “It’s based on ignorance of the true facts. While she’s entitled to her view she should keep it to herself.”

............ So what are the true facts then. And why won't Clarence inform us so we are all not ignorant?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Sun 22 May 2016, 10:22 am

Kate said: “People say, ‘Why didn’t you get a babysitter?’ Having a babysitter implied there was a risk situation and we just didn’t see it like that.

“We didn’t think it was necessary. It wasn’t to save money.”

[...]

“It never entered our minds. We felt very safe — it was a family resort.

“At home you put your kids to bed and go off and do things about the house and garden and don’t think about it.
Its the familiar mantra but something has just struck me: If, as they say, it felt so safe that it was just like dining in the back garden, why did they feel the need to regularly check on the kids? You wouldn't do that at home if you were eating in the garden. So what were they checking for?

(All of which assumes that they were actually left alone)
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 22 May 2016, 10:46 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Sun 22 May 2016, 10:49 am

There were loads of comments on the Daily Mail agreeing with Sharon and very few supporting the McCanns. They all got whooshed around 9.30am, just after I'd finished reading them.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sun 22 May 2016, 10:51 am

Another non story,is the news on/or not appealing out soon?
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 22 May 2016, 10:54 am

No neglect = no abduction
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 22 May 2016, 10:54 am

#sharonosbourne has started trending on twitter, which shows you how many people have come out in support.

It also shows you (again) just how much the parents are despised.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 22 May 2016, 10:57 am

chrissie wrote:There were loads of comments on the Daily Mail agreeing with Sharon and very few supporting the McCanns. They all got whooshed around 9.30am, just after I'd finished reading them.

Yeah I noticed that. There was over a 1000 when stuck the Mail article on here earlier. Then when came back later to have a read of some they'd all gone.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 22 May 2016, 11:07 am

Heisenburg wrote:Another non story,is the news on/or not appealing out soon?

Not sure but often get the thought that there's some deliberate 'work' going on behind the scenes to whip up and invite a public backlash against the Parents. Basically get everyone loathing them.

Which judging by comments left where possible and allowed, then it's certainly working.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sun 22 May 2016, 11:16 am

It's clickbait.

The media have realised that pro-McCann articles published online, such as Madeleine sightings, are virtually ignored these days but critical news items where readers are allowed to express their opinions get lots of views.

More views/clicks = more money.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Sun 22 May 2016, 11:16 am

"It’s based on ignorance of the true facts."
You can't deny that Clarence - sorry, a friend of the family - is probably correct there...

"We would never leave the children again" said Gerry shortly afterwards.
(Headed for the airport and leaving the children again).

gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 22 May 2016, 12:23 pm

Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt  · 6h6 hours ago  

Sharon is correct isn't she ? Sharon Osbourne blames Gerry and Kate for Madeleine McCann disappearance

cherry berry ‏@cosyring  · 60m60 minutes ago  

Overwhelming Support for Sharon Osbourne who speaks out on #McCann @MrsSOsbourne

Overwhelming support for Sharon Osbourne after Madeleine McCann family brand her “ignorant”
22nd May 2016 by Lynn Connolly
Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Madeleine-McCann
It’s been revealed today that former X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne has been branded “ignorant” after making her views on the issue of when, if ever, it’s appropriate to leave a child alone…
It all began during filming of an edition of CBS chat show, The Talk, when Sharon brought up the subject of recent discussion on a blog forum that focussed on a woman who wanted to know if others believed it was acceptable to leave a sleeping child alone to go to a shop “50 yards away”.

Having said, “It’s insane”, Sharon continued, “I’ll tell you a very quick story…
“There was a husband and wife on holiday in Portugal. They left their baby in the room sleeping, sleeping while they went to dinner in the restaurant.
“While they were in the resort their baby was taken. And it’s like, ‘Oh but we can see everything that’s going on’ and it’s insane.”
Clearly Sharon’s remarks referenced the horrendous abduction of Madeleine McCann, and according to the Mirror, her parents, Kate and Gerry, as well as the rest of their family, were deeply offended and upset by Sharon’s comments.
Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Kate-and-gerry-mccann-460x319
The newspaper quotes a McCann family friend as saying, “It’s very disappointing when someone with such a high profile makes this sort of ignorant, ill-informed comment.”
The unnamed person added, “It’s based on ignorance of the true facts. While she’s entitled to her view she should keep it to herself.”
However, the family’s consternation about it has seen an outpouring of support for Sharon online, and on Twitter, thousands have agreed with her and have defended her right to voice her opinion.
One Twitter user wrote, “Never had much time for Sharon Osbourne – but do now.”
Another commented, “I agree with Sharon Osbourne. No minor should be left unsupervised. EVER. The faux outrage from the McCanns is laughable.”
And one more tweeted, “Well said Sharon; had the McCanns not been professionals, they would have had a very different response.”
And if I might have my twopenn’orth, I entirely agree with the point of view expressed in the tweet above…
Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Sharon-osbourne-460x307
I’ve long held the view that had Kate and Gerry been Kaz and Jez from a council estate who’d gone on holiday to Benidorm and left their kids alone so they could go to the pub, the twin babies who were also in the room with Maddie would very probably have been taken from the family by social services.
However, the fact is, my heart bleeds for Kate and Gerry McCann, because while yes, of course it was wrong to leave their sleeping children alone, there can’t be a moment that goes by when they don’t feel the soul destroying weight of that…
And to have to continue to live while not knowing if your child is alive or dead, or what horrors may have been visited upon her, would for me, be too much to bear.
As I wrote in this article back in 2009, I’ve never believed that Kate and Gerry had anything to do with Maddie’s disappearance, but I’ve also never doubted that the knowledge of how their actions fundamentally facilitated the abduction must be like a million daggers to their hearts every moment of every day.
Sharon Osbourne attacks McCanns for leaving Madeleine -  Mirror Sharon-osbourne-tweets-460x459
But that said, I agree with what Sharon said, and she for sure has the right to express her view. So I think it was perhaps unwise of the McCann family to react at all, because sadly, it’s again put the spotlight on their actions as parents – which cannot be undone – rather than where it should be; that is, always trained on the search for Maddie and the hope that she will be returned to her family.
What’s your view of what Sharon had to say, and of the McCann family’s response?

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/overwhelming-support-sharon-osbourne-madeleine-mccann-family-brand-ignorant

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 22 May 2016, 12:31 pm

I wonder how it would of been reported if she said the opposite...

"There was nothing wrong at all with Kate and Gerry leaving three children under the age of 4 all alone night after night whist they enjoyed food and drinks with their friends. Why weren't they allowed to go out and have some fun. It was just a rotten bid of bad luck that their eldest got pinched. Oh well - could of happened to anyone. Me and Oz used to leave ours all the time at that age and get sozzled. All part and parcel of reasonable parenting"
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 22 May 2016, 12:37 pm

It was probably riskier to go out with the children and leave Ozzie on his own.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next