MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

+28
Benevolent
Bampots
Helenmeg
Bloodhound
Mimi
unreorganised
Guinea Pig
poster
Popcorn
Cristobell
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
PMR
costello
wjk
candyfloss
chrissie
kylie
PeterMac
Poe
Poppy
dogs don't lie
chirpyinsect
Andrew
Meteor
hesla
Antonia
Admin
32 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories - Page 5 Empty Re: Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Post  poster Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:28 pm

Andrew wrote:Snipped:

A FATHER warned holidaymakers to beware a Madeleine McCann-style abduction in Spain, after a kidnap attempt on his terrified young son.

.... You might want to move this thread to the 'Madeleine latest news' section, Mods. I reckon we'll see a bit more mileage churned out of this as Guinea Pig originally said.

Not sure I believe a word of this story. Why on earth would a man try to steal a child in broad daylight while in the presence of the father and from a lift of all places?

Nah, if it happened at all it was a set-up, I reckon.

Police not interested - no, they probably could see it wasn't authentic.

Where are the marks on the boy? He looks very jolly indeed.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories - Page 5 Empty Re: Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Jun 2016, 8:28 am

I wonder if there was CCTV in the hotel and if there were any witnesses to the event. A black guy more than 6 feet tall would have been hard to miss seeing.

Here is the original report in the Manchester Evening News.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/dad-tells-fighting-man-who-11532900

Plus one from the Mirror three days ago before the "another McCann link" had been dreamed up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-holidaymakers-horror-after-fighting-8296006
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:10 am

Well it appears nobody else as yet has jumped on the 'Madeleine' link with this above (fictional, imo) story.

Actually surprised that's it's the 'Express' that have ran with it. With the caption.. Maddie was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal... underneath the large picture of Madeleine.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:15 am

Maybe The Express is trying to reinforce the idea that both stories are very unlikely to be true - says she, trying to be optimistic!

Was this fiendish child-snatcher a guest in the hotel - in which case surely he would have been traced quickly - or is anyone allowed to wander in from outside and roam about?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:18 am

Just seen this article though...

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2016/06/28/british-tourist-fights-off-man-abduct-son-spain-hotel/

Shaun suffered a bloodied face, twisted knee and swollen hand after the incident, which has left him "in shock".

A bit more dramatic and spiced up.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:19 am

Those details are in the Manchester Evening News report too.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:24 am

Snipped again from the above article:

a spokesperson for Thomson said: "These allegations are concerning to hear and we are in direct contact with Mr Kennedy now that he is home. As we understand this is a matter for the authorities in Spain, we aren't in a position to comment further."

.... So they weren't in contact with him when it allegedly happened. When he reported it. When the police came.. or anything like that.

Only when he gets home.

I bet they didn't know anything about it until they read it in the paper over breakfast.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:27 am

Wouldn't surprise me if Shaun is related to the infamous Brian.

(same neck of the woods and all that)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:29 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 29 Jun 2016, 1:59 pm

I think that this is the press toying with the McCanns rather than McCann spin.

The idea that a child could be snatched while in the presence of his father, stood right next to him with no distractions, destroys the idea that leaving sleeping children unattended in an apartment is within the bounds of reasonable parenting and leaves the McCanns' wide open for criticism.

The Sun's failure to link the two cases would also back that up.

IMO
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 29 Jun 2016, 7:43 pm

How could I have missed this front page today ..... Rolling Eyes  Sleep

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories - Page 5 CmEd0ryUsAAWgLy

[quote]
Sparking fears of a Madeleine McCann style kidnap...WTF!!!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm

What idiots - even giving it precedence over EU squabbles and Isis bomb at Istanbul Airport.

Who reads it anyway -

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories - Page 5 1917e8beb50b159effab597457cfe18f3b568195

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:18 pm

It's ridiculous isn't it. With everything going on in the country/world at this moment in time, then the Star splashes that (made-up) guff allover the front.

'..Dad fights off Maddie snatcher'.....

It really is beyond pathetic.

I'm getting really cheesed off with all this nonsense.

For gods sake - how long is this farce going to continue...

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Shaun is related to the infamous Brian.

(same neck of the woods and all that)

I see where you are coming from Andrew, but Kennedy is a very common name...

This story is simply not believable, that a kidnapper would attempt to snatch a child with his young healthy looking father with him in a life... is this father on something. Was he turned down for Big Brother and wants his few days of fame?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:36 pm

Yeah, I know it's a very common name. Just wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they were.

The story is not believable as imo, it just simply didn't happen.

It's codswollop that sales papers and gives everyone on Team McCann a smile on their face.

It really is disgusting.  Evil or Very Mad
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:35 pm

I have decided that, unless there is CCTV evidence or independent witnesses, I do not believe that this incident ever happened.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:08 pm

candyfloss wrote:How could I have missed this front page today ..... Rolling Eyes  Sleep

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories - Page 5 CmEd0ryUsAAWgLy

Sparking fears of a Madeleine McCann style kidnap...WTF!!!

How crazy - real news to one side...bogus story front page...but maybe testing out the 'sheeple'?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:07 am

I don't believe a word of it. It's Beyond a joke.

What's the next one going to be, Portuguese spotty man tried to snatch child from igloo in Greenland while her Eskimo mother was digging an ice hole to catch dinner, two feet away. Her father was reading The Sun in the back yard 500 metres away but saw it all happen, he was within earshot.
Mitchell said he can't comment but the suspect bears a remarkable resemblance to a man lurking at the McCann apartment in Portugal, right down to his fur coat and no knickers.

Give me strength scratch
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 30 Jun 2016, 8:08 am

Freedom wrote:I have decided that, unless there is CCTV evidence or independent witnesses, I do not believe that this incident ever happened.

That's the McCann case sorted then. Do you have any thoughts on this incident in Spain?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 30 Jun 2016, 8:28 am

Was just catching up on the err... Argentinian press over my Breakfast and noticed quite a few articles from Tuesday.

Basically there is some e-fit doing the rounds (on what's app or Instagram) saying this chap is a kidnapper and rapist etc...

But apparently it's the same e-fit that was drawn up by Belgium Police back in 2007 related to Madeleine McCann.

Or something like that...

ETA - Here's a Google translate:

The identikit of an alleged kidnapper and rapist of minors went viral on social networks and caused panic in the neighborhoods of the city of Schoolboy, Belgrano and Recoleta is false, said today the Ministry of Security of the City.

The image, which was accompanied by an audio of an alleged victim of the attacks, actually corresponds to a sketch made ​​in 2007 by police in Belgium to describe a suspected of involvement in the disappearance of British four year old Madeleine McCann , who disappeared in Portugal that year.

Belgian police released the drawing to suspicions that the child had been seen with a man about 40 years old, 1.80 meters tall, with black hair and unshaven. The news can be found in The Telegraph of August 3, 2007.

Along with identikit of copying elaborate at the time by the European force, a spread audio with a victim alleged that he had been told how the attack and called for extreme care to the population .

To alarm neighbors and spread by some media which circulated on social networks, the Ministry of Justice and Security of the City began to gather information.

First, it was found that no complaints were registered in police stations 31, 33 and 37 of the Federal Police, which has jurisdiction in the described areas.

He could also locate the woman who recorded the audio, who said he recorded it because once she walked down the street Conesa, between Teodoro Garcia and Federico Lacroze, he panicked because he thought that a person with similar characteristics to that of identikit the I was following, which led her to give an alarm to its neighbors.

Despite checked the falsity of the message Security portfolio porteña decided to increase the police presence in the area, especially in school corridors, to bring peace to the population.

All articles and pictures can be found on this link (but you will need to translate)

https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=dNvqi2V53Q2WJsMQzfN6dMZDmdTIM&q=madeleine+mccann&lr=English&hl=es&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivm-adjM_NAhWMCcAKHWCLAOE4ChCqAgglMAA
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 30 Jun 2016, 8:48 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:00 am

unreorganised wrote:
Freedom wrote:I have decided that, unless there is CCTV evidence or independent witnesses, I do not believe that this incident ever happened.

That's the McCann case sorted then. Do you have any thoughts on this incident in Spain?

Love it, thank you unreorganised!

Yes, exactly the same comments apply to the reported events of 3rd May 2007 too.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:34 am

I watched the film Ace In The Hole last night. If you've never seen it, it's about a washed up newspaper hack (Kirk Douglas) who finds a man trapped in an old mine, turns him into a media circus, and deliberately delays his rescue so that he can milk the story for as long as possible, for his own personal glory and financial gain.

Any resemblance to real individuals is of course completely coincidental.

Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories - Page 5 Current_1078_033_large
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:40 am

If anyone wants to watch it here it is..

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Jun 2016, 9:44 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next