MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Brunt

+5
Freedom
Helenmeg
chilli
Bampots
candyfloss
9 posters

Go down

Martin Brunt  Empty Martin Brunt

Post  candyfloss Sun 11 Jan 2015, 3:27 pm

They called him Brunty

The term of endearment implied him having a heart, a conscience and a sense of justice.

Today, on the streets of Paris, pretending to be there as a marcher for the cause instead of fulfilling his duty, he apparently got swept away by the atmosphere of for once belonging to a grand nation and dared to falsely quote Voltaire:

Martin Brunt  Bit48xx6bd1tktx0409c_bigger

Martin Brunt @skymartinbrunt    
#paristerror The route of the march. Voltaire: "I may disagree w what u say but I defend your right to say it."

Now the full quote by Voltaire's biographer would have been: ""I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I guess he did not particularly want to mention death in any shape or form.

What is it that renders a quite successful journalist so utterly incapable of self-reflection? Why does he happily jump on the bandwagon to proclaim his defense for freedom of speech in the media while at the same time he has been part of the most outrageous campaign to shut down discussion on another subject on twitter?

While his rather shoddy reporting e.g. on the "full DNA match" in the McCann case has been one of the cornerstones of the scepticism that evolved over the years towards the tale of abduction, he nevertheless allowed himself to be used in the campaign to "hunt the trolls", to shut down dissent on social media by singling out and making an example of a 63 year old mother which ultimately led to her death.

Brenda Leyland was voicing an opinion, no matter if one liked the content or the language in which she did so. It was her right to do so since what she wrote was neither racist nor threatening. She simply refused to believe in the concept of "abduction" much the same as some we are mourning today might not have believed in the concept of "God". After all there is no evidence for either.

But while BRUNTY is shedding crocodile tears in Paris and resorting to the philosophers, the family of Brenda Leyland are still waiting for an apology for his doorstepping and hounding of their mother that led to her death.

So I can only draw the conclusion that he is not ultimately sincere in his demand for free speech but secretly adds: ...for proper media only... That media that is usually the origin of enciting hatred and dividing nations, or the wilful executors.

Nobody seems to call him Brunty these days...

Eingestellt von Johanna   um       

http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/they-called-him-brunty.html?spref=tw

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt  Empty Re: Martin Brunt

Post  Bampots Sun 11 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm

Straight to the heart Candyfloss,what drives Brunty and his fellow Sky journalists. They are of course the vestiges' of GMTv and is it just me or do most of them seem humourless rightleaning with just atouch of the evangelist about them. Treating news and political comment as a weapon in the fight to make Britain a better place for all....all who think like them. Murdoch is their paymaster after all and his version of free speech is what they defend.
Bampots
Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:11 pm

I switched Sky news on for an update just a few minutes before the French stormed the printworks. We then left the TV on for the next hour. What I immediately noticed was that everytime the camera was on Kay Burley and Martin Brunt, he either looked at the ground or at Kay Burley. Even when he looked at her, he would briefly look at her face and then down to her feet, where he kept his gaze.
Once I pointed it out to the children, they were facinated by it. It was interesting when much later on, the youngest shouted 'Mum he's still doing it'. It definately gave me the impression that he's struggling. He did the wrong thing and I think he knows it.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm

I believe he was set up to do the troll/dossier thing,doesn't excuse him,he was the one on camera,if he as a conscience he'll let it be known at the inquest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 12:22 am

chilli wrote:I switched Sky news on for an update just a few minutes before the French stormed the printworks. We then left the TV on for the next hour. What I immediately noticed was that everytime the camera was on Kay Burley and Martin Brunt, he either looked at the ground or at Kay Burley. Even when he looked at her, he would briefly look at her face and then down to her feet, where he kept his gaze.
Once I pointed it out to the children, they were facinated by it. It was interesting when much later on, the youngest shouted 'Mum he's still doing it'. It definately gave me the impression that he's struggling. He did the wrong thing and I think he knows it.

An APOLOGY would be in order then. I still think he's hoping it'll just all blow over. No chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:32 am

Such hypocrisy - he did not defend Brenda's right to say her opinion - he helped crucify her
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 10:07 am

caricature wrote:I believe he was set up to do the troll/dossier thing,doesn't excuse him,he was the one on camera,if he as a conscience he'll let it be known at the inquest.
No, it doesn't, he was quite free to say no.

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Mon 12 Jan 2015, 9:42 pm

No chance of an apology before the inquest as it may be cited in court and see as an admission of guilt. I've no experience of these matters but if it's anything like a normal court, then I guess he would be instructed to make no comment on the case.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:27 am

Thoughts from Isabelle McFadden on Martin Brunt, Brenda Leyland and the McCanns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XP---fnUw

The American case that she mentions is this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McStay_family_murder
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:38 am

Freedom wrote:Thoughts from Isabelle McFadden on Martin Brunt, Brenda Leyland and the McCanns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XP---fnUw

The American case that she mentions is this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McStay_family_murder

Here is the video she refers to in which Isobelle Duarte speaks about her loneliness. Compelling statement.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt  Empty They call him Brunty

Post  costello Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:43 am

I watched this video this morning on twitter. I think it is so true, especially the reference to the outcome of the libel trial.
Not really sure how she states as fact Goncalo Amaral will win the case. I hope she is correct.

E.T.A.  The Isabelle McFadden video.

Last edited by costello on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:45 am

Re: Duarte.

She sacrificed herself for some extra spends in her paypacket.

She knows it's a farce.

Not surprising she is lonely.

Sell your soul to the devil and all that then it is expected.

No sympathy from me I'm afraid.

(Unless she comes clean and spills the beans on everything she knows. On record and soon.)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

Everyone believes that,"The father and the mother have KILLED the daughter".

Interesting and unfortunate phraseology - may well put ideas into peoples' heads, who had never thought along those lines before.

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt  Empty Martin Brunt "I could have killed them all."

Post  Poe Fri 29 Jul 2016, 7:14 pm

Martin Brunt has gone full-on Alan Partridge:

“The morning service began 20 minutes ago and there are no obvious signs of any security.

In fact this sign at the church door says ‘everybody is welcome.’

There are about a dozen worshippers in there and one priest. If I was a terrorist, I could’ve killed them all.”

He's now being ridiculed across the internet:

Gizmodo.co.uk has a list of places where Martin Brunt could have killed them all: https://t.co/6OgEyEHsDS

Huffington Post has compared him to Alan Partridge and Brass Eye: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/sky-news-martin-brunt-compared-to-alan-partridge-and-brass-eye-in-bizarre-terror-report_uk_579b21ebe4b07cb01dcf68b6?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

Twitter have the hashtag #martinbrunt - https://twitter.com/hashtag/martinbrunt?src=hash with tweets such as:

Pyro ~ Bbz Senior ‏@SubZeroPyro666  Jul 28
I went to Tesco this morning, there were about 100 people in there.

If I'd been a terrorist, I could have killed them all.
#martinBruntt

Terry McDermottVerified account ‏@TerryMacMusic  Jul 28 New Orleans, LA
Scotland Yard on high alert as #martinbrunt identified outside. Clearly he #couldhavekilledthemall

Martin Brunt ‏@MartinKillsAll  4h4 hours ago
Walked past a field filled with sheep with nothing to protect them. If I were a terrorist I, could have killed them all. #martinbrunt

His treatment of Brenda Leyland was unforgiveable, but there's some poetic justice in him being hounded, mocked and ridiculed like this.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 29 Jul 2016, 9:29 pm

Is it meant to be a spoof?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 29 Jul 2016, 11:40 pm

Yes........Martin is playing Wayne Kerr!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down