MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Ben Needham

+27
mumof6
hesla
costello
Satsuma
joyce1938
Guinea Pig
Hope
chilli
Mo
Mimi
PMR
unreorganised
Helenmeg
Châtelaine
candyfloss
Bampots
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Inca
chrissie
TheTruthWillOut
Heisenburg
seahorse
froggy
chirpyinsect
Andrew
wjk
31 posters

Page 12 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Freedom Sun 23 Oct 2016, 4:58 pm

I've realised that you must mean this one on 11th October.

Being picky and maybe it's artistic licence in book, Chris tells Ben not to play with water anymore as she has no more spare clothes, a 19 month old would nt understand that.
Another horrible thought, you can drown in inches of water, this was a drumfull.
by Hope
on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:20 pm

This was and still is a very busy topic and inevitably occasionally individual posts are missed, particularly short ones.

I feel sure that it wasn't ignored intentionally.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 23 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm

Sorry Freedom that's the one. Please don't take what I wrote the wrong way. Everyone has their own cross to carry. For some posters it could be working a 12 hr day in a job they hate, for others being caregivers to young and old, I was trying to say we don't know what lies behind each post and maybe not to take each other for granted xxxxx
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:16 pm

I'm really sorry, Hope - I didn't deliberately ignore your post about the water barrel - I just truly didn't recall ever reading it. I'm so sorry if you thought I'd done that deliberately. As has been pointed out, this is a very busy thread and that posting was made in the middle of the day, my time, on a Tuesday - when I'm at work and I can't read everything that is posted. I have my browser set to read all new posts, but what happens is that if I have my browser open at work, and I don't have a chance to read everything, when I get home, my browser at home tells me there are no new topics - because the forum thinks I read it all at work. So many postings get missed by me. Again, I'm very sorry. I definitely agree with you and I think this is something that really needs to be looked at by the investigators.

I'm so sorry again - just looking at the posting time, 3.20pm on a Tuesday - that's in the UK, and I'm in Canada, 8 hours behind you, which makes it 7.20 in the morning - when I've just got up and I'm rushing to get to work... it's the same issue, though - I'd have opened my browser at work and tried to catch up, and again... without enough time available to catch up...your posting was missed :-(

Last edited by canada12 on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:20 pm

Hope. Your name in itself is an indication of your character. I think it will be clear to all who post here that you have Madeleine's interests at heart and that you have genuine concern for her, and latterly for Ben too.
It's not the first time I have felt that I have made a breakthrough post ( in terms of original thinking) to find it hasn't piqued the interest of members. Then you find the same point made by another poster which seems to illicit a greater response. I have learned over the last couple of years that it isn't personal. Nobody who is a genuine poster here deliberately ignores points that are valid in whatever way, by their fellow members. I think it is just that we all have other stuff going on in our lives and sometimes we read and absorb but don't comment. Other times we feel able to respond. Don't take it personally.
I am as guilty as the next person of not responding but it doesn't mean the point was lost on me and I'm sure it's the same for all of us.
Keep posting when you are able. We need your input as much as anyone else's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:40 pm

Help Find Ben Needham
3 hrs ·
**Statement from Kerry's Barrister Mr Ian Brownhill No5 Chambers**

Following recent reports that legal proceedings have commenced against Kerry Ann Needham, I can confirm that to date no papers have been served on Kerry. Ms Needham has received no pre-action protocol correspondence with regard to any claim or action.
Ms Needham and her family are at present in a period of reflection but will continue to seek the truth surrounding Ben's disappearance. Those of us assisting the Needham family will continue to do so fearlessly, the overarching aim always being to reunite this family and protect the rights of a mother and her child.
The overwhelmingly strong support of the British public will no doubt mean that such work will continue as is necessary to uncover the truth as to Ben's disappearance. And, may I take this opportunity to thank the British public on behalf of the Needham family and the Find Ben Needham campaign team.

Ian Brownhill
Barrister
No5 Chambers (London)
#helpfindben
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

I did read your post Hope and it gave me pause for thought about what happened to Ben.
I had nothing relevant to post in reply though so I was reluctant to make a comment as I had nothing worthwhile to add.

My feeling is that all posts and opinions or suggestions are valuable. Not having an acknowledgement certainly doesn't mean noone has read or considered that post and its relevance.

I look for your posts because I know you have a great deal of useful knowledge and information about both Maddie and Ben, but I do understand your feelings of your post being overlooked when it contained important suggestions.

I certainly didn't overlook it Hope and I doubt it went unnoticed by others either.
Please, please keep posting here you have such a valuable input.

b xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:59 pm

Apologies from me, Hope, as well. I genuinely must of missed your post at the time as the 'water theory' is something I didn't really think about myself until the other day when it was mentioned. I'd like to explore that line of thought further as well...

The Ben thread was very fast moving at the time with news breaking and updates etc. I try and read and take on board everyone's posts but inevitably there will be ones that I miss. And unfortunately that particular one of yours was the one I did. So a big sorry from me.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:43 pm

... So going back to water drum / barrel. Is there a direct reference to it at all in the book and if so can it be quoted in full on here?

Eta - why has it come out in that layout? I didn't mean it to? Mods?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:56 pm

Here you go!

Ben had discovered a water barrel and after he’d skimmed his cars along the surface he’d started scooping bowlfuls out to mix potions with dirt and leaves. When he tired of that, the next scoop was tipped straight over his own head. I suppose it was pure instinct to try to cool down in that savage heat. Even so, the look of shock on Ben’s face as the water soaked him made it look like he’d jumped into a shower of ice. Stephen saw it happen and burst out laughing. Everyone else joined in when they saw the drowned rat dripping in front of them. That was enough for Ben. That boy lived for laughter. He thrived on it. So, uncomfortable as he was, what did he do? Scooped another bowl of water onto his head. The laughter was even louder this time, more so when he yelled, ‘I’m so funny!’ Of course, he carried on dousing himself until Mum put a stop to it and dried him off. She hung Ben’s shorts from a tree to dry and told him not to get anything else ruined because there were no spares. Ben didn’t care about wearing only a T-shirt and little buckled sandals any more than he did about being wet. He just loved being a showman. With that little performance over, Ben moved onto his next escapade. This involved jumping on the gravel mounds, then taking handfuls of the stuff through the house and dumping them out the other side. Every couple of minutes he’d be back. Even when he wasn’t in sight, his laughs and imaginary conversations with his tools could still be heard.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:05 pm

Testing

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

No idea why it is doing that Andrew?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:08 pm

Not just me then. A strange one. A forum glitch then I take it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

Looks like it, the headers at the bottom are in italics too.  I have tried other topics and they are ok, this happens sometimes on threads, no idea why.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:13 pm

Mo wrote:Here you go!

Ben had discovered a water barrel and after he’d skimmed his cars along the surface he’d started scooping bowlfuls out to mix potions with dirt and leaves. When he tired of that, the next scoop was tipped straight over his own head. I suppose it was pure instinct to try to cool down in that savage heat. Even so, the look of shock on Ben’s face as the water soaked him made it look like he’d jumped into a shower of ice. Stephen saw it happen and burst out laughing. Everyone else joined in when they saw the drowned rat dripping in front of them. That was enough for Ben. That boy lived for laughter. He thrived on it. So, uncomfortable as he was, what did he do? Scooped another bowl of water onto his head. The laughter was even louder this time, more so when he yelled, ‘I’m so funny!’ Of course, he carried on dousing himself until Mum put a stop to it and dried him off. She hung Ben’s shorts from a tree to dry and told him not to get anything else ruined because there were no spares. Ben didn’t care about wearing only a T-shirt and little buckled sandals any more than he did about being wet. He just loved being a showman. With that little performance over, Ben moved onto his next escapade. This involved jumping on the gravel mounds, then taking handfuls of the stuff through the house and dumping them out the other side. Every couple of minutes he’d be back. Even when he wasn’t in sight, his laughs and imaginary conversations with his tools could still be heard.

Much appreciated, Mo. For some reason I had a vision of one of those big water barrel's / containers in my mind. Not at all if a toddler could have easy access to it and scoop bowlfuls out of it. Very alarming indeed.

Also was this water barrel mentioned by either of them in the 'somebody knows' documentary? I have watched it more than once but can't recall off the top of my head....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:12 pm

Just thinking of Ben's height then and the height of a "water barrel" if he was skimming his cars and scooping water out of it.

Wonder if 'water barrel' is perhaps misleading.  In Mediterranean countries with sparse rainfall rainwater is often collected in containers, but these can be anything to swimming pool size to smaller tank size.

Maybe we think of a water barrel inaccurately being similar to those 250 litre rainwater storage drums in the UK ?
I'd be interested to know the size of this 'barrel'.

ETA - Wonder if they were on mains water there ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:19 pm

Are there any sized water barrels that a 22 month old toddler could reach into?  I can`t find any.

So, did he wee his shorts as Christine said or did they get wet when he poured water over himself?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

Maybe it was something similar to this....

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 12 Sbp1310
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:36 pm

Since Kerry wasn't there - she was working - everything she's been told about Ben and her family that day is hearsay from her parents.

Including the descriptions of Ben playing, Ben running backwards and forwards with handfuls of gravel, Ben drenching himself with water, etc etc etc.

If Ben had drenched himself with water over his head, why would they remove his shorts to hang them up to dry? Surely they'd remove his t-shirt as well, as it would be as wet as the shorts?

And if it's that hot a day, why not just let him run around in damp clothes - they'd soon be dry anyway, wouldn't they?

I still want to know more about this water container he was playing with - I share Hope's idea from a few weeks ago that this needs to be looked into further.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:46 pm

Just looking at a few old images of the farmhouse.

This one is not dated (but clearly around 1991) and appears to have a red water container there....

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 12 _8964710
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:57 pm

Thanks Andrew, I think old photos may hold clues here.
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that water on this island was delivered by tankers to properties.  Therefore properties need large water storage containers probably underground.  
This property being old and uninhabited maybe hadn't such facilities yet, but the water needs to have come from somewhere and been stored somewhere.  One or two barrels wouldn't have been enough really - mixing concrete for the building work etc would have used that in no time.
There should have been a larger storage area somewhere I would have thought.
Also the sewage business has always concerned me - there must have been some cesspit on the property surely?
I understand the police did dig up something like that, but was there another one / is there another one ??

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 9:57 pm

From the quote in the book that Mo posted...

Would a 21 month year old really say 'Im so funny'....

When I read the word 'dousing', I automatically thought of something else as well. Something flammable that would more than likely be left lying about in a work type environment.

Yes, Canada. Interesting point about the T-shirt. That would be wetter than the shorts if played out as she states...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:02 pm

Hiya Bluebell, yes you would think that work carried out in those sort of conditions then there would be large sources of water stored somewhere in the vicinity.

There was also the area at the front of the house (that was discussed ages ago) but I can't remember if we established what it was. I will find a pic.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:16 pm

This is a picture posted up by, TTWO, on page 20 of the original thread. There are a few water barrels there.

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 12 Nintch10
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:17 pm

Michaelis was still at the farmhouse and searched outbuildings with Eddie, do you think if there had been anything untoward with the water barrel Michaelis would have seen it? After searching it was decided Stephen had taken him so Kennie and Michaelis continued working for another hour. Just wondering if the water barrel was actually a steel drum - a bit more fitting with a building site.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:57 pm

Please no apologies esp Canada. I am lying here in tears as a post that took me 2 hours to write vanished before I sent it. It's my stupid laptap and it keeps happening.
For those that believe can you say a little prayer for me tonight, God Bless you all and may the truth about Madeleine and Ben be known. xxx

Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 33  Next