MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Ben Needham

+27
mumof6
hesla
costello
Satsuma
joyce1938
Guinea Pig
Hope
chilli
Mo
Mimi
PMR
unreorganised
Helenmeg
Châtelaine
candyfloss
Bampots
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Inca
chrissie
TheTruthWillOut
Heisenburg
seahorse
froggy
chirpyinsect
Andrew
wjk
31 posters

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Ben Needham  - Page 26 Empty Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Andrew Fri 04 Nov 2016, 1:28 pm

seahorse wrote:
Andrew wrote:A Yoga mat for 20 plus pounds... Didn't realise they used to flog all that sort of stuff then.

From Media exclusives, TV appearances, Books sales, Merchandise, Donations, Appeals etc etc, then I would be intrigued to know how much they've actually made out of it.

Hundreds of thousands of pounds at a conservative guess. Probably around the half a mill mark.

IMO etc.

I doubt they sold much of that stuff. I think it was something offered to them by Cafepress. The merchandise didn't exist until someone ordered it, after which Cafepress printed the photo on their blank available items. Cafepress probably set the ridiculous high prices, and the Needham added a little bit for their Find Ben campaign.  

I doubt we will ever find out how much the Needhams raised. There is no transparency at all.

No we won't but financially I believe they've probably done alright out of it.

Last edited by candyfloss on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add I believe and probably as not fact)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 04 Nov 2016, 1:44 pm

Just my opinion, but I think Kerry had a terrible time after Ben disappeared.  She made a few suicide attempts, turned to drugs, went a bit wild (from what I have read) and frankly I find all that understandable.

All these years until recently there has been a pretty general public feeling that no help was given to searching for Ben, no money was available.

She has never had a Press Officer, government acknowledgement, lawyers for numerous litigious cases here and abroad.
It's only since MM that money has entered into the discussion in a big way imo because there is now a comparison and a sense of unfairness.

I very much doubt the family have made money from Ben's disappearance.  Unlike the parents of another little child that disappeared on a holiday with her parents and siblings who have 'managed' their loss most publicly and appear to have a sense of entitlement and have 'made' millions ££££  while doing bu**er all to find her..  

Only my opinion of course and I respect the opinions of others.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 04 Nov 2016, 3:52 pm

Agree with Bluebell.Andrew I think you are way off the charts here. Maybe brought in thousands. Maybe we should get back to the details of his disappearance.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 04 Nov 2016, 5:41 pm

Agree - it was a good post by Bluebell.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. I'm just voicing my own personal beliefs on it, Hope.

Which have changed a lot very recently.

I wouldn't say way off though....

IMO, some member or members of the family know exactly what happened. And they've made a few quid out of it.

Not on the scale of the Mc's but certainly followed suit in the aftermath.

I wish i could say the Needhams are all innocent and it was a genuine abduction. But I can't and I won't.

Just my thoughts. (On phone otherwise would say a bit more)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 04 Nov 2016, 9:38 pm

On Textusa blog....a comment.....doh!!!

Anonymous4 Nov 2016, 18:49:00
A digger is only used to dig a hole!! It stays in one place to dig, it doesn't go backwards and forwards on a road, the dumped takes the rubble away.

No way did that digger go back and forwards to a tip to dump each bucket load. It would be in one spot digging, turning and dumping into a dumper.

A digger is already on site to begin work the next day and will remain there until its job is done. It's not like a company car you go home in each night, it's a work tool.

The first 2 pictures that you have showing the aerial view of the farmhouse shows that the bulldozer used by SYP in their searches was parked on site. So would be a digger bigger than that bulldozer.

Kerry in her book says that work for the day had ended. Just for that day so digger would have been in the property or not there at all if it had finished its business there

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:19 pm

Yep - the digger theory is rubbish.

Question is - why SYP love it and the Needhams are against it.

Got my thoughts on that one.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:33 pm

Why are the Needham family having a period of 'reflection' according to their Lawyer? Why did he need to tell us all that?
OK, so they may have been traumatised by recent digs and news that Ben may be dead - but still I dont know why they need a period of reflection -some time
to come to terms with Ben being dead would be reasonable... But saying that they are taking time to reflect on things almost indicates that they are having a conference to decide
how to play things ... maybe I'm over analysing his choice of words!
It it was one of the family that was involved in an accident with Ben then surely it would have to be an uncle. If it were anyone else then they surely would not have let Steve go through the
trauma of thinking it was him and being hypnotized etc. I think it highly unlikely and really do not believe he was abducted

OMG, the Madeleine case is frustrating enough without going through it again for poor Ben
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:39 pm

Reflection = Game up. Imo.

Sort stories etc.

Just my unpopular opinion.

That coat of mine has really gone.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:49 pm

After the hell of being told your son was dead,, expecting his remains to be found, then to be shown a car by SYP that they say shows he is dead. Kerry is in hell that much is obvious so I see nothing wrong with a period of reflection

OT I had another bad fall on the right shoulder, rotator cuff, awaiting scan and its affecting my hands and fingers, so no more, or v little,left handed posting from me for a while. xxx to all
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:56 pm

What other reaction are you going to see...

The reaction I see is different.

Sorry. But it's good to have differing opinions.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 04 Nov 2016, 11:53 pm

Comment deleted...... Rather personal Andrew, does it matter?.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 05 Nov 2016, 12:32 am

Hope wrote:After the hell of being told your son was dead,, expecting his remains to be found, then to be shown a car by SYP that they say shows he is dead. Kerry is in hell that much is obvious so I see nothing wrong with a period of reflection

OT I had another bad fall on the right shoulder, rotator cuff, awaiting scan and its affecting my hands and fingers, so no more, or v little,left handed posting from me for a while.  xxx to all

Quite right, Hope. So why did SYP effectively (possibly explicitly in the private meetings with Kerry for all we know?) tell the Needhams this without having rock solid proof if not a body? They just would not do this and tell the world too.

Why did SYP suddenly stop the dig as soon as they found a car?

I ain't ready to second guess what SYP are up to here except to say I don't think they would be playing around like this for someone that is dead. The only people left still alive from that day that were in/around that farmhouse are who?

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 05 Nov 2016, 12:58 am

Absolutley TTWO and also Hope....ive said as much myself further back. When textusa fell silent on this and the Macs i was bamboozled. I posted a news story on the breaking thread and she links both with this comment at the end which i find pertinant.....

And the fact that Ben is dead, so say South Yorkshire police, doesn't in any way determine what would be, for the McCanns, Maddie's fate.

Their silence about Ben is very important, in our opinion......

Why would that be? Are both cases so similar as to outcome. Are SYP waiting to flush some truth from those still alive? And do others think a similar outcome is in line for the resolution of Madeleines tragic story???

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 05 Nov 2016, 1:42 am

I'm not quite sure what Textusa is alluding to, Bampots. I could have a guess, but right now I don't feel comfortable guessing.

It feels like things are really brewing in both cases and don't know if it is a good or bad feeling. Or both!

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 05 Nov 2016, 5:14 am

IMO, they will conclude around the same time.

2 meals for the price of 1. Or the starter (Needham) before the main (McCann).

2 dodgy birds with 1 stone anyway.

Preparing the public for the the truth. The whole truth and nothing but.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sat 12 Nov 2016, 2:34 pm

Andrew wrote:IMO, they will conclude around the same time.

2 meals for the price of 1. Or the starter (Needham) before the main (McCann).

2 dodgy birds with 1 stone anyway.

Preparing the public for the the truth. The whole truth and nothing but.

Or, alternatively, anything but the truth Smile
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 12 Nov 2016, 5:40 pm

Help Find Ben Needham
6 hrs ·
Statement from Kerry & The Needham Family.
Following the recent conclusions reached in The Search For Ben I would like to once again thank the media and the UK & Greek Police. May I ask you to still keep Ben's case out there and if anyone out there has ANY information on where Ben could be to please get in touch. All information given is in strictest confidence. The Needham family need to find Ben, to bring him home and to lay him to rest. Once again thank-you all for your support xx
Please share
#helpfindben
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Sat 12 Nov 2016, 5:57 pm

So this tweet seems to say that they accept he is no longer alive ...?
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm

If the conclusion is that Ben's no longer alive and this is supported by the family, this effectively knocks out one of the supporting "pillars" in the McCann claim re: children who are missing. Increasingly, the McCanns are left dangling all on their own with their preposterous claim about Madeleine.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm

canada12 wrote:If the conclusion is that Ben's no longer alive and this is supported by the family, this effectively knocks out one of the supporting "pillars" in the McCann claim re: children who are missing. Increasingly, the McCanns are left dangling all on their own with their preposterous claim about Madeleine.

Au contraire. There is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm. She is still a findable little girl. Isn`t she?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:50 pm

From textusa blog(comment)......

and if that is it.....what do we have? A police investigation which claims a death....uncorroberated and unproven. One which the Needhams appear to accept. One which the Greek police appear to say nothing and by implication .....accept. So lets move along nothing more to see here

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:09 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Hope wrote:I mentioned weeks ago about lack of nappies and was he toilet trained. Mimi I  would not take how hot it was too seriously.I hear that people over here will always be exaggerating the exact temperature once it goes over 30 ish.

I think you may probably be right, Hope.

Not that I think it relevant to the case but I looked up the records of the temperature and the hottest temp recorded in Kos in July 1991 was 35c on the 13th so the 24th would have been lower than that.
The temperature was recorded at Kos Airport which is ~15 miles from the farmhouse.

https://weatherspark.com/history/32189/1991/Kos-South-Aegean-Greece

I think the temperature is relevant to the case. Greece in the summer is hot and can be very hot. If you are not near water or in an air-conditioned place - particularly in the middle of the day - then you want to be. Kerry's account of a long walk with Ben in a buggie (have I got that right?) is not credible. The very last thing you would want to do in the middle of the day would be to go on a walk....

Ben's young relative would have wanted to be near a pool or the sea...so would Ben...

In any event, temperatures fluctuate...you cannot assume the temperature will be lower just because it is later in the season.....I've been in Palma in Majorca at the end of October and it was sweltering - over 30 degrees...
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:18 pm

Andrew wrote:I just read the Mirror article again. Been updated since this morn when I posted.

Snipped:

The discovery now confirms cops' firm belief that little Ben died on the day he went missing while playing - in what is being described as a "farming accident".

Yes, I would say a 'farming accident' is exactly what happened.

But it didn't involve Dino.

I think he died in a motorcycle accident and for some reason the family were able to get some protection (perhaps locals were involved- inadvertently even - in covering-up what happened and the local police, who would know everyone, were persuaded to keep stum).

Kerry, in her book, claims that when she searched for and couldn't find Ben - and was very worried - she assumed he had gone off on the back of his young Uncle's moped....then why did she search worriedly in the first place?

Kerry would have known for sure whether Ben had gone off on the moped or not. There is no question about that.

IMO only as always.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 12 Nov 2016, 9:27 pm

Poster, you've mentioned before that Kerry was there when Ben was found to be missing. She wasn't; she was at work.

It was her mother who considered that going off with Stephen was a possibility.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next