MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Election Discussion - before and after the event

+22
Mimi
chirpyinsect
dannii
Rob Royston
Bampots
candyfloss
Winslow Boy
coppernob
What's_up_doc?
wjk
Andrew
Mo
nannygroves
joyce1938
froggy
Antonia
Dee Coy
AndyB
bluebell
espeland
Helenmeg
unreorganised
26 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Who will win the General Election ?-

General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_lcap37%General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_lcap37%General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_lcap5%General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_lcap21%General Election Discussion - before and after the event Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

General Election Discussion - before and after the event Empty General Election Discussion - before and after the event

Post  Andrew Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:12 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4420886/Theresa-make-statement-Downing-Street-11-15.html

Theresa May to make an unscheduled statement in Downing Street at 11.15 sparking furious speculation about an early ELECTION
Prime Minster will make a rare address to the nation from outside No 10
Downing Street refused to confirm what the subject of the speech would be
May will speak shortly after meeting her Cabinet inside No 10 this morning
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

General Election Discussion - before and after the event Empty Re: General Election Discussion - before and after the event

Post  Andrew Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:15 am

... Maybe she is going to apologise for the whole McCann charade lasting so long.

And then confirm they've now been arrested and are being flown out to Portugal to face prosecution.....? Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

General Election Discussion - before and after the event Empty Re: General Election Discussion - before and after the event

Post  unreorganised Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:26 am

We've all seen Deep Impact....
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:31 am

We`re probably going to war with Russia.

Either that or David Cameron is dead - or Prince Philip is dead.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:35 am

unreorganised wrote:We've all seen Deep Impact....

Shocked

Sh!t, yes.

Nice knowing you all. I'm off back home to build a bunker in the garden and stock up on cans of beans or something.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:51 am

Andrew wrote:... Maybe she is going to apologise for the whole McCann charade lasting so long.

And then confirm they've now been arrested and are being flown out to Portugal to face prosecution.....? Very Happy

Anything is possible.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:53 am

In my car ten mins ago - the presenter on Radio 4 hinted it was going to be an interesting day judging by twitter trends., she refused to say anything more....
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 18 Apr 2017, 10:55 am

What is it?

Election
War
Death
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:06 am

General Election on the 8th of June.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:07 am

OK - i'll go for that - you must have inside info
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:08 am

Helenmeg wrote:OK - i'll go for that - you must have inside info

She just sent me a text before she was about to speak Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

Yep GE called. June 8th

Think they may get a shock.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:11 am

That`s not breaking news - just that there`s going to be a general election 8th June. I`ve delayed my day because of that.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:13 am

So you can't trust what she says - going back on her words!! 

They are Believing the polls that they are 21% ahead, I do not believe that for a minute, people are fed up with the cuts etc.  People suffering everywhere, what planet do they live on.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:15 am

Mimi wrote:That`s not breaking news - just that there`s going to be a general election 8th June.  I`ve delayed my day because of that.

Oh well. It's better than an alien invasion or something.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:15 am

Using the majority vote of the public to say she needs a mandate to secure best possible deal for Brexit........ yeah!  Hoping all those that voted for Brexit will vote Tory.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:17 am

Andrew wrote:
Mimi wrote:That`s not breaking news - just that there`s going to be a general election 8th June.  I`ve delayed my day because of that.

Oh well. It's better than an alien invasion or something.

Ha - yeah - Richard D Hall to move into Downing Street !

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:21 am

She's got balls after all.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 11:22 am

candyfloss wrote:Using the majority vote of the public to say she needs a mandate to secure best possible deal for Brexit........ yeah!  Hoping all those that voted for Brexit will vote Tory.

Anyway as much as I hate the Tories and the cuts - for the time being her and her Brexit department should be left to get on with the divorce - no point in another government taking over half way through. I also think she has the right personality for negotiating.

She is bound to get a mandate - Labour are weak at the moment and Fallon is a dickhead.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:44 pm

Mimi wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Using the majority vote of the public to say she needs a mandate to secure best possible deal for Brexit........ yeah!  Hoping all those that voted for Brexit will vote Tory.

Anyway as much as I hate the Tories and the cuts - for the time being her and her Brexit department should be left to get on with the divorce - no point in another government taking over half way through. I also think she has the right personality for negotiating.

She is bound to get a mandate - Labour are weak at the moment and Fallon is a dickhead.

I voted Brexit, but couldn't vote Tory whilst the cuts are still in force - I'm an OAP and am happy with my lot, but pity the state of the NHS and all those who've suffered such cruel cuts. And I used to find the election-night TV broadcasts most interesting, but won't this time. Hopefully Theresa will offer another election once Brexit has completed.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:13 pm

Surely a snap election has the same result as the previous one?

General Election Discussion - before and after the event DtMmtfoYWUVXmrVuLWvyMM49JcXuTvDpD6ydIiIoUVSyfWqzwhEHCM9Rl3lKZss5naM=w300
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:44 pm

I voted Remain in the referendum, and I still want Remain.   Who should I vote for in this General Election to turn the tide ? Shocked Shocked

In fact I don't think it is a tide, more like stopping the tsunami.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 4:56 pm

bluebell wrote:I voted Remain in the referendum, and I still want Remain.   Who should I vote for in this General Election to turn the tide ? Shocked Shocked

I think King Canute thought he could turn the tide bluebell !

The remainers have tried everything to scupper the divorce bluebell but all they could do was slow it down. It can`t change once the people have voted. You may be lucky and get a soft divorce once parliament and the lords have thrown it back and forth.  I am sure Theresa May will make sure the remainers get a lot of the things they want - she will let immigrants stay who are already here, she won`t let the farmers be any worse off, she`ll make sure there`s an agreement for our citizens living abroad and for the scientific community to do swaps with academics abroad. I don`t really understand the bits about trade.   I`m optimistic it will be better for the UK in the long run if they`d just let her get on with it - but they won`t.

P.S. I don`t know why I`m sticking up for her because I hate most of the Tories and the hardships people and services are suffering under them.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 18 Apr 2017, 5:16 pm

WARNING Put your fingers in your ears if you don`t like hearing the `f` word.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 18 Apr 2017, 5:18 pm

bluebell wrote:I voted Remain in the referendum, and I still want Remain.   Who should I vote for in this General Election to turn the tide ? Shocked Shocked

Line from all sit down by James,"I believe this wave will bear my weight so let it flow."
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next