MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12th May - Madeleine's birthday

+7
Freedom
What's_up_doc?
unreorganised
bluebell
Helenmeg
Andrew
candyfloss
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

12th May - Madeleine's birthday - Page 2 Empty Re: 12th May - Madeleine's birthday

Post  mumof6 Fri 12 May 2017, 5:38 pm

froggy wrote:I would think it's all nonsense.
She's been missing since the age of 4 and if alive may have received little or no formal education at all, so would not be in any fit state to attend a secondary school. Under those circumstance, it would be scandalous for a school to keep a place open year after year.

What next - a place held open at medical school ?

If you were in charge at the local authority, with the constant media reports that she is alive, would you be willing to be the "heartless ******" who is not prepared to keep a place open for her return?

Given that it is likely that it would be in all the national papers within 24 hours?

I certainly would not risk it. The person who makes the decision would have their photograph in all the papers, probably with a nice shot of the "mansion" he lives at, and a comment about his children going to an over-subscribed school. Maybe even a nice picture of his car, with the price it cost when new. Then the articles would point out every bad inspection report that the council has had.

Having said that, if it were my decision I would expect the forms to be signed by the legal guardian, and I believe that would be the court in this case?

Of course it is possible that the secondary school was permitted to take one more child that year, unofficially, I suspect we will never know as intake numbers at popular schools are often too high by a few due to appeals.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

12th May - Madeleine's birthday - Page 2 Empty Re: 12th May - Madeleine's birthday

Post  froggy Fri 12 May 2017, 5:48 pm

mumof6 wrote:
froggy wrote:I would think it's all nonsense.
She's been missing since the age of 4 and if alive may have received little or no formal education at all, so would not be in any fit state to attend a secondary school. Under those circumstance, it would be scandalous for a school to keep a place open year after year.

What next - a place held open at medical school ?

If you were in charge at the local authority, with the constant media reports that she is alive, would you be willing to be the "heartless ******" who is not prepared to keep a place open for her return?

Given that it is likely that it would be in all the national papers within 24 hours?

I certainly would not risk it. The person who makes the decision would have their photograph in all the papers, probably with a nice shot of the "mansion" he lives at, and a comment about his children going to an over-subscribed school. Maybe even a nice picture of his car, with the price it cost when new. Then the articles would point out every bad inspection report that the council has had.

Having said that, if it were my decision I would expect the forms to be signed by the legal guardian, and I believe that would be the court in this case?

Of course it is possible that the secondary school was permitted to take one more child that year, unofficially, I suspect we will never know as intake numbers at popular schools are often too high by a few due to appeals.

No, but it doesn't mean it is true. Who would want to contradict what the papers say? For what benefit?
What is more likely is that there is no 'place', but in the unlikely event that she reappeared and was capable of education, then a place would be quietly made available.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Fri 12 May 2017, 6:02 pm

As Madeleine has been made a ward of court, haven't the parents relinquished decisions about such matters as education? I thought that was the official purpose, so local authorities can intervene and make appropriate decisions on behalf of the child?

I think the school place, like the stock piling of presents in a bedroom unchanged since Madeleine left it ten years ago is all part of the charade, just another empty gesture IMO. It has been  designed to look hopeful but in truth just looks downright creepy - I think the tabloids know this and they are playing mind games IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Fri 12 May 2017, 6:16 pm

What's_up_doc? wrote:As Madeleine has been made a ward of court, haven't the parents relinquished decisions about such matters as education? I thought that was the official purpose, so local authorities can intervene and make appropriate decisions on behalf of the child?

I think the school place, like the stock piling of presents in a bedroom unchanged since Madeleine left it ten years ago is all part of the charade, just another empty gesture IMO. It has been  designed to look hopeful but in truth just looks downright creepy - I think the tabloids know this and they are playing mind games IMO.

They have relinquished parental decisions. That did not stop them taking Amaral to court in Madeleine's name.

I don't know whether they applied for a place in Madeleine's name, but if they did, then I would guess that they were given a place for her, no one is likely risk the bad publicity.

Given they want to keep up the whole "Madeleine is alive" farce, especially when other people are paying, I suspect that they would have applied for a school place for her, but that is just a guess.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdy Fri 12 May 2017, 6:40 pm

Can't read it, makes me feel sick. So sorry for the twins with narcissistic parents like that. The damage they are doing to them is unbelievable. But i do believe one thing in KMcs lies where she states that they will NEVER give up. Yes i don't think they will ever cease trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.
Birdy
Birdy

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Fri 12 May 2017, 11:24 pm

They don't actually say anything much in their statement, do they?

"We love you" - you'd hope so, they are the parents.

"we're waiting for you" - to do what? are they hoping the body will be found and brought home?

"we'll never give up" - as Birdy says, they'll never give up trying to persuade the world that their version(s) of the truth are true.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2