MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

+29
Burst
dogs don't lie
hesla
Justformaddiemccann
AndyB
Poppy
Jellybot
candyfloss
Praia de Suiza
Mimi
saloongirl
ROMAntici
Anne
KathyBelle
Admin
Poe
Fiat500
Meteor
travis macbickle
Lioned
Dee Coy
Cristobell
dantezebu
Baldrick
Andrew
Châtelaine
chilli
coppernob
Freedom
33 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

Post  Andrew Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:45 pm

http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.de/2014/10/rip-brenda-leyland-trolled-hounded-to.html?m=1

Spudguns' Spoutings
Sunday, 5 October 2014

RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine

I am not going to use the tragic death of a woman and Mother to propagate further my opinions and views on the Madeleine McCann case.

Those views are well established and in the public domain for anyone who so cares to read them.

Presumably, given that Carole Malone hasn’t yet done a piece about me in her servile, toadying column or Martin Brunt, (a man whom I actually like, respect and admire), hasn’t yet knocked on my door to confront me about those views suggests to me that I haven’t committed the same offence that Brenda Leyland apparently did.

She is the lady who was “outed” by Sky News and other media outlets and newspapers as one of the McCanns “Vile Trolls”.

A lady whom, despite being reported as seemingly having made “death threats” on Twitter, has in fact, apparently never made any such threat. Nor has anyone else that I have ever seen.

The Internet is awash with people who, increasingly, don’t believe the McCann’s version of events surrounding what happened to their daughter, Madeleine. They’re not TROLLS. They’re just people who have noticed the glaring contradictions in what is reported in the UK Press and what both the Portuguese and British opined and formulated.

Many of these people express their opinions with a distinct lack of articulation; devoid of any literary prowess. Some, are unquestionably abusive, hurtful, insensitive and indeed, offensive. That doesn’t make them illegal.

For whatever reason, Brenda Leyland was singled out to exemplify that faction of Social networking which continues to discuss and deliberate the McCann case differently from how it is so portrayed in the Press. Differently from how the McCann’s and their supporters want the case reported.

I did not know Brenda. I have never knowingly communicated with her in any manner. When Sky NEWS doorstepped her and she became news headlines elsewhere I did do some superficial research, including reviewing her tweets.

Amongst the WORST tweets I have seen was where she hoped the McCanns “suffered for the rest of their miserable lives”. It was a foolish, foolhardy and deeply insensitive tweet to make, even if she did genuinely mean it.

She didn’t deserve to be exposed and identified, her name, address and personal details made publicly available.

She didn’t deserve to be labelled “evil”.

She didn’t deserve to be subjected to such threats and abuse by the myriad of McCann supporters whose cruel taunts and vilification by far exceeded anything she was reported to have allegedly made.

She didn’t deserve to be stigmatised and crucified by a baying, servile PRO McCann media and its supporters, hell bent on indoctrinating a British public as to their ideaology where the McCann case is concerned.

Most of all, she didn’t deserve to die, alone in some soulless and anonymous little hotel room where she had fled; castigated by the baying Pro McCann machine.

Such gut-wrenching, bitter, bitter irony that she has lost her life after being hounded and trolled by a Media and PRESS hell bent on making her out as someone who had hounded and trolled others.

My fervent HOPE and wish is that this tragedy will inspire others to do their OWN research, reviews and investigations into the available facts and evidence surrounding the McCann case, where they can then formulate their OWN opinions, rather than have them shaped and made for them by the mainstream Media.

I know Martin Brunt and I know he is a good man. We have never met but we follow each other on Twitter and I have worked on several investigative projects that he has orchestrated. I also know he will be devastated and hurt by this development.

It would be wrong to blame him for Brenda’s demise. Not least because Martin, as a STAFF reporter, is duty bound to follow the Editorial policy and procedure of his company, as are all TV news correspondents.

I do not reserve such charity, alas, for Daily Mirror columnist, Carole Malone.

She described Brenda as a “cowardly bully”, “piece of work” and suggested “her own life is so lonely, so miserable, so poisoned that she wants others to suffer the same”, suggesting “she’s just a twisted, fecked up bitch who gets her kicks from hurting people”.

Well, maybe you’re partly right Carole. I’m going to suggest, at the end, she was very lonely and miserable indeed.

"I love you mum and I will miss you forever". That's the last Facebook post from Brenda's son, Ben.

I’m not, however, going to tell you what I think of you, Carole. That would merely be replicating the grievous and despicable offence I’m accusing you of.

Instead, I’ll leave it to one of Brenda’s alleged Tweets, suggesting that you “suffer for the rest of your miserable life".

RIP Brenda Leyland, wherever you may be.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

Post  candyfloss Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:47 pm

Bravo Spudgun   Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 307691

Sunday, 5 October 2014

RIP Brenda Leyland TROLLED & Hounded to Death by the PRO McCann Machine

I am not going to use the tragic death of a woman and Mother to propagate further my opinions and views on the Madeleine McCann case.

Those views are well established and in the public domain for anyone who so cares to read them. 

Presumably, given that Carole Malone hasn’t yet done a piece about me in her servile, toadying column or Martin Brunt, (a man whom I actually like, respect and admire), hasn’t yet knocked on my door to confront me about those views suggests to me that I haven’t committed the same offence that Brenda Leyland apparently did. 

She is the lady who was “outed” by Sky News and other media outlets and newspapers as one of the McCanns “Vile Trolls”.

A lady whom, despite being reported as seemingly having made “death threats” on Twitter, has in fact, apparently never made any such threat. Nor has anyone else that I have ever seen.

The Internet is awash with people who, increasingly, don’t believe the McCann’s version of events surrounding what happened to their daughter, Madeleine. They’re not TROLLS. They’re just people who have noticed the glaring contradictions in what is reported in the UK Press and what both the Portuguese and British opined and formulated.

Many of these people express their opinions with a distinct lack of articulation; devoid of any literary prowess.  Some, are unquestionably abusive, hurtful, insensitive and indeed, offensive. That doesn’t make them illegal.

For whatever reason, Brenda Leyland was singled out to exemplify that faction of Social networking which continues to discuss and deliberate the McCann case differently from how it is so portrayed in the Press. Differently from how the McCann’s and their supporters want the case reported.

I did not know Brenda. I have never knowingly communicated with her in any manner. When Sky NEWS doorstepped her and she became news headlines elsewhere I did do some superficial research, including reviewing her tweets.

Amongst the WORST tweets I have seen was where she hoped the McCanns “suffered for the rest of their miserable lives”.  It was a foolish, foolhardy and deeply insensitive tweet to make, even if she did genuinely mean it.

She didn’t deserve to be exposed and identified, her name, address and personal details made publicly available.

She didn’t deserve to be labelled “evil”.

She didn’t deserve to be subjected to such threats and abuse by the myriad of McCann supporters whose cruel taunts and vilification by far exceeded anything she was reported to have allegedly made.

She didn’t deserve to be stigmatised and crucified by a baying, servile PRO McCann media and its supporters, hell bent on indoctrinating a British public as to their ideaology where the McCann case is concerned.

Most of all, she didn’t deserve to die, alone in some soulless and anonymous little hotel room where she had fled; castigated by the baying Pro McCann machine.

Such gut-wrenching, bitter, bitter irony that she has lost her life after being hounded and trolled by a Media and PRESS hell bent on making her out as someone who had hounded and trolled others.

My fervent HOPE and wish is that this tragedy will inspire others to do their OWN research, reviews and investigations into the available facts and evidence surrounding the McCann case, where they can then formulate their OWN opinions, rather than have them shaped and made for them by the mainstream Media.

I know Martin Brunt and I know he is a good man. We have never met but we follow each other on Twitter and I have worked on several investigative projects that he has orchestrated. I also know he will be devastated and hurt by this development.

It would be wrong to blame him for Brenda’s demise. Not least because Martin, as a STAFF reporter, is duty bound to follow the Editorial policy and procedure of his company, as are all TV news correspondents.

I do not reserve such charity, alas, for Daily Mirror columnist, Carole Malone. 

She described Brenda as a “cowardly bully”, “piece of work” and suggested “her own life is so lonely, so miserable, so poisoned that she wants others to suffer the same”, suggesting “she’s just a twisted, fecked up bitch who gets her kicks from hurting people”.

Well, maybe you’re partly right Carole. I’m going to suggest, at the end, she was very lonely and miserable indeed.

"I love you mum and I will miss you forever". That's the last Facebook post from Brenda's son, Ben.

I’m not, however, going to tell you what I think of you, Carole. That would merely be replicating the grievous and despicable offence I’m accusing you of.

Instead, I’ll leave it to one of Brenda’s alleged Tweets, suggesting that you “suffer for the rest of your miserable life".

RIP Brenda Leyland, wherever you may be.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 Brenda

Posted by  Spud Gun    at  12:46      Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 Icon18_email  Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 Icon18_edit_allbkg 

http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/rip-brenda-leyland-trolled-hounded-to.html

Last edited by candyfloss on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:47 pm

Resistor wrote:I can't see any "trolling" in there, just opinions.

It is so disgusting that Brenda is still being referred to by the rest of the media as a Twitter Troll. Only the Telegraph so far have had the small degree of decency to put the phrase inside quotation marks.

Brenda has been accused, tried and executed by Brunt and Sky and the rest of the MSM still quote from their report as if it is gospel.

I am so disgusted tonight. What has happened to our once great country, those in charge have the morals of rats. Unfair to rats, I know.

Back to top Go down

Post  travis macbickle Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:51 pm

We are all Brenda.

R.I.P.Brenda.
travis macbickle
travis macbickle

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm

Daniel Binns @Reporter_Dan 39m39 minutes ago
Re: Death of Brenda Leyland - Met Police tell me they were looking into her Tweets but hadn't interviewed her or taken further action
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:08 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:11 pm

An excellent report and analysis.

21. Who did you phone after the occurrence?

22. Did you call Sky News?

23. Did you know the danger of calling the media, because it could influence the abductor?

Last edited by ChillyHeat on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:17 pm

Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:17 pm

I am so angry and upset over Brenda I feel like crying, I doubt I will sleep at all tonight thinking about how all this has panned out, and for over 7 years, yet the disgusting pro McCann trolls who spout vile words and messages have NEVER ONCE BEEN CASTIGATED as far as I know by the McCanns themselves.  It's as if the McCanns agree with what the pro McCann trolls have been spouting for 7 years and go along with it.

I would be appalled and ashamed if people on Twitter, Facebook and the internet were spouting such bile on my behalf when my child had been "abducted by a paedophile", yet it doesn't seem to bother the McCanns.

I can't imagine how Brenda's children and family are feeling at the moment. My heart bleeds for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:43 pm

Sky Press Preview on now. They've mentioned it on front of the Metro and the Mirror, but state the death follows her 'exposure on national television'. The despicable cowards. Are they trying to spread the blame?

In reference to the Mirror report, the say she 'sent dozens of messages to the McCanns'. Wtf? Shamelessly they continue to propogate the lies! It's unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 05 Oct 2014, 11:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-29501646

A 63-year-old woman who was allegedly part of an internet hate campaign against the family of Madeleine McCann has been found dead in a hotel.

Brenda Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, was accused of being one of the so-called "trolls" directing abusive messages at the McCanns.

Her body was found days after she was confronted outside her home by a Sky News reporter.

Madeleine McCann disappeared while on holiday In Portugal in 2007.

Mrs Leyland was confronted by the reporter who put to her she had posted messages attacking the family on Twitter via the handle @sweepyface.

She replied: "I'm entitled to do that."

A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Police were called at 13:42 on Saturday 4 October to reports of a body of a woman in a hotel room in Smith Way, Grove Park [in Leicester].

"Officers have attended the scene and a file is being prepared for the coroner. The death is not being treated as suspicious."

A statement released by the Marriott Hotel in Leicester read: "We are very sad to confirm the death of a guest at the Leicester Marriott Hotel and our thoughts go out to the family and friends of the deceased.

"As this is a police matter and an investigation is under way we are unable to comment further and any queries should be directed at the police."

On Friday, Madeleine's father, Gerry McCann, told the BBC: "Clearly something needs to be done about the abuse on the internet.

"I think we probably need more people charged."

He described how he and his wife Kate, who live in Rothley Leicestershire with their nine-year-old twins, do not read posts about them on the internet because it was too "upsetting".

His interview on BBC Radio 4's Today programme followed the news that police were reviewing a dossier of abusive messages about the family on social media.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sun 05 Oct 2014, 11:42 pm

McCanns make my blood boil. They will get their comeuppance one day. RIP Brenda. I cannot imagine what you were put through by those unspeakables.
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 11:47 pm

Andrew wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-29501646

A 63-year-old woman who was allegedly part of an internet hate campaign against the family of Madeleine McCann has been found dead in a hotel.

Brenda Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, was accused of being one of the so-called "trolls" directing abusive messages at the McCanns.

Her body was found days after she was confronted outside her home by a Sky News reporter.

Madeleine McCann disappeared while on holiday In Portugal in 2007.

Mrs Leyland was confronted by the reporter who put to her she had posted messages attacking the family on Twitter via the handle @sweepyface.

She replied: "I'm entitled to do that."

A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Police were called at 13:42 on Saturday 4 October to reports of a body of a woman in a hotel room in Smith Way, Grove Park [in Leicester].

"Officers have attended the scene and a file is being prepared for the coroner. The death is not being treated as suspicious."

A statement released by the Marriott Hotel in Leicester read: "We are very sad to confirm the death of a guest at the Leicester Marriott Hotel and our thoughts go out to the family and friends of the deceased.

"As this is a police matter and an investigation is under way we are unable to comment further and any queries should be directed at the police."

On Friday, Madeleine's father, Gerry McCann, told the BBC: "Clearly something needs to be done about the abuse on the internet.

"I think we probably need more people charged."

He described how he and his wife Kate, who live in Rothley Leicestershire with their nine-year-old twins, do not read posts about them on the internet because it was too "upsetting".His interview on BBC Radio 4's Today programme followed the news that police were reviewing a dossier of abusive messages about the family on social media.

It's strange how GM can say that they do not read posts about themselves on the internet, yet whenever there was a mention of them on any forum they always seemed to have to counteract it to the point that people started saying "hello Kate/Gerry, we know you are reading this forum........."

Do they think we're all cretins!

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sun 05 Oct 2014, 11:53 pm

I feel so broken by this, are they really untouchable? I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just see bullshit all over their story of 3 May and I cannot accept their version of events and cannot get my head around how they are not the prime suspects.
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 06 Oct 2014, 12:06 am

Who knows, if they're not suspects? The PJ said the same, just days before they were made "arguidos" ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 2:06 am

Meteor wrote:I feel so broken by this, are they really untouchable? I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just see bullshit all over their story of 3 May and I cannot accept their version of events and cannot get my head around how they are not the prime suspects.

No, no they are not untouchable ..this was a very unfortunate sequence of events in terms of Brenda's situation and subsequent, tragic death, but I still have hope in Grange, lets just hope they move more swiftly now (although they still do need the evidence, lets hope they have it or can get it)

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 Mon 06 Oct 2014, 4:03 am

I've posted my reaction on the other thread but want to expand a bit here.

I'm neither on Twitter nor Facebook but have obviously been following events. That disgusting waste of space - Gamble - commented on her childish twitter name. I knew as soon as I saw it that it was a loving name for a pet, probably a little dog. I once looked after a friend's shitzu (however it's spelt) and after she'd had her dinner she would push her face along my lovely clean carpet to clean her hairy chops. I was annoyed the first time but then it became endearing.

Sweepyface. It's clear to me.

Get some sort of a real life Jim Gamble and do what you're ostensibly paid to do. Oh, my mistake, perhaps that's exactly what you're doing.

Posted in disbelief, sadness and inarticulate anger.

RIP Sweepyface. It should never, ever have come to this.

Fiat500
Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:10 am

A new Facebook group has been set up; it is asking for a full open enquiry into Brenda's death.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/523769381091778/523978014404248/?notif_t=group_activity
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:26 am

I'm finding the injustice of all this very hard to bear. The media only has to transmit the keyword 'troll', and it becomes absolute fact. I've looked long and hard through Brenda's tweeting history, and I can't see much there that's abusive by any means. I've seen much worse on that "other place".

I'm willing to bet that Brenda was the only anti who gave her personal details when approached by Brunt or whoever. Sky wanted to put a face to their story, and it didn't matter to them that they were 'exposing' a person who was just giving their opinions. Now that she's dead, the media only need to keep telling the public that she was a 'troll', and everyone is happy and the world moves on.

Disgusted, not just by the media, but by the unthinking majority of people who let them do it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:44 am

I'm stunned ...absolutely stunned ...oh and angry.

I admit that when the story first appeared on Friday, I thought it might be a set-up and that #Sweepyface was a stooge. I found it hard to believe that Sky News would systematically destroy someone at the behest of the McCanns (and all of this must have happened with the full agreement of the McCanns).

My heart bleeds for Brenda Leyland and her family.

I've been away for the weekend with no tv or newspapers so I'm having trouble getting my head round the events of the last couple of days.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

This from Lord Sugar, and I agree......

Lord Sugar @Lord_Sugar 2h1 hour ago
If the McCanns are not on Twitter, question must be asked who pointed out to media the so called trolling of the McCanns by Brenda Leyland
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Oct 2014, 9:05 am

This is the Mirror front page today.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 3 BzP0kL-IEAAJkVW
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyBelle Mon 06 Oct 2014, 10:20 am

Poe wrote:I'm stunned ...absolutely stunned ...oh and angry.

I admit that when the story first appeared on Friday, I thought it might be a set-up and that #Sweepyface was a stooge. I found it hard to believe that Sky News would systematically destroy someone at the behest of the McCanns (and all of this must have happened with the full agreement of the McCanns).

My heart bleeds for Brenda Leyland and her family.

I've been away for the weekend with no tv or newspapers so I'm having trouble getting my head round the events of the last couple of days.

Good morning Poe

I thought the same as you and I made a post stating as much on here and on Facebook, after I saw a Sky News report. I feel terrible for doubting Brenda, especially as she has now taken her own life.

Last edited by KathyBelle on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
KathyBelle
KathyBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Mon 06 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

Very shocked to read that Sweepyface is dead. May you RIP Brenda Leyland, my thoughts and prayers go to her family and friends.

Hounded and stalked to her death for having her own opinion and wanting justice for Madeleine McCann. Does Martin Brunt, Sky News, and McCanns feel responsible for the death of Brenda, if they don't then they should do, they all have her blood on their hands.

I also agree with what Lord Sugar has tweeted,
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next