MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 34 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Antonia Sat 21 Apr 2018, 2:11 pm

Heisenburg wrote:
Scotland Yard confirmed this week more funding was secured for Operation Orange, which has been paid for by taxpayers since 2011, after Portuguese detectives closed their own investigation in 2008.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/947865/madeleine-mccann-latest-portugal-kate-gerry-search-portugal

The express is not accepting comments on the article. I wonder why!

very ambiguously worded re the payment of after tax royalties into the Fund (reference accounts 2017). The figure quoted £84,000 could not be the royalties received for 2017 as the truthful bewk would not be selling much now so the figure included in the accounts is likely to be the total after tax royalties since the book was published in 2011! Now there was a band on the book cover promising all book income to the Fund - why then were the annual royalty payments not going into the Fund every year? If they have gone in recently, this can only be to protect the money from Sr Amaral now that the Supreme Court ruled in his favour.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 34 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  candyfloss Fri 27 Apr 2018, 9:41 am

Jim Duffy: I wish I’d stuck up for Maddie McCann’s parents

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/jim-duffy-i-wish-i-d-stuck-up-for-maddie-mccann-s-parents-1-4731117

Rolling Eyes

Guess what, (if this is the same Jim Duffy)......

Origins[edit]

Duffy was born in Drogheda in Meath[2] in 1966.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Duffy_(journalist)

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 27 Apr 2018, 9:50 am

I'm going to have to pluck up courage to read that all later.

"Journalist" - my elbow!

P.S. I'm not sure if he's the same one as in the Wikipedia link - there's no mention of him writing for The Scotsman.

Last edited by Freedom on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 27 Apr 2018, 9:52 am

candyfloss wrote:Jim Duffy: I wish I’d stuck up for Maddie McCann’s parents

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/jim-duffy-i-wish-i-d-stuck-up-for-maddie-mccann-s-parents-1-4731117

Rolling Eyes

Origins[edit]

Next Thursday is.............................,there'll be one or two more yet to come dare say.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:09 am

Yep just as I thought.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5663705/Spanish-father-says-Madeleine-McCanns-kidnapper-entered-daughters-hotel-room-Portugal.html

'Madeleine McCann's kidnapper tried to take my girl': Spanish father says man who matched description of abduction suspect entered his daughters' hotel room in Portugal
Spanish father claims man entered hotel room where daughters slept in 2001
Says man told him he had come to 'check on the children' who were five and 13
Portuguese hotel said he was a regular who 'likes children but doesn't hurt them'
When e-fit of Madeleine McCann's 'kidnapper' was released, he recognised him

Although this little titbit stands out.

Despite an 11-year international search, neither Madeleine nor her alleged kidnapper has been found.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:12 am

affraid

I need to go and have a lie down now!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:23 am

candyfloss wrote:Jim Duffy: I wish I’d stuck up for Maddie McCann’s parents

Rolling Eyes

Origins[edit]

Just seen this tweet that sums it up nicely.

If such a person feels that he has to comment on an overheard conversation whilst his hair cut and it makes the newspapers, all must be right with the world. London & it's murders, risk of WWW3 etc. etc
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 27 Apr 2018, 11:59 am

It's unlikely that the Irish Jim Duffy is the same person as the one who wrote the cringe-worthy article. 

This is the Irish one I think.

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/jim-duffy-53058914

This is the duffer (groan) who wrote the article.

https://www.scotsman.com/author/Jim.Duffy1
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 34 Empty Inspiration.

Post  Heisenburg Sun 03 Jun 2018, 1:14 pm

Who writes this dross.

Fear The Walking Dead star Lennie James admits he was inspired by the disappearance of Madeleine McCann when writing the script for his crime drama Save Me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5800173/Fear-Walking-Dead-star-Lennie-James-inspiration-Maddie-McCann-case-crime-drama.html
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 03 Jun 2018, 1:15 pm

The Daily Mail ..?
Cool
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sun 03 Jun 2018, 5:29 pm

Châtelaine wrote:The Daily Mail ..?
Cool

Paul Dacre was astute enough to name the Lawrence murderers,does he really sanction this crap.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 21 Jun 2018, 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 21 Jun 2018, 1:41 pm

The National Enquirer makes The Sun look like a respectable newspaper so my immediate response is, if they've solved the mystery, I'm the Queen of Sheba.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 21 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm

Freedom wrote:The National Enquirer makes The Sun look like a respectable newspaper so my immediate response is, if they've solved the mystery, I'm the Queen of Sheba.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 21 Jun 2018, 3:03 pm

Yeah, I just did a google image search and it's hard to tell whether the National Enquirer magazine covers are genuine or spoofs (Michael Jackson's Nose Falls Off being one headline)

Just a warning for anyone planning on looking - some apparently show pictures of dead celebrities in coffins.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 21 Jun 2018, 3:08 pm

Poe wrote:

Yeah, I just did a google image search and it's hard to tell whether the National Enquirer magazine covers are genuine or spoofs (Michael Jackson's Nose Falls Off being one headline)

To be fair, it probably has now.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 22 Jun 2018, 12:14 am

Pat Brown has commented on the article.

Here is the complete garbage article written by a complete jackass. The dirtbag who interviewed me ignored everything I said and tried to rope me into saying Scotland Yard was onto the right investigative avenue. I refused to cooperate but I see he found someone else to say what he wanted. 
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 34 Empty Very strange case file claims...

Post  Rosa canina Tue 24 Jul 2018, 10:34 am

Admittedly this is the Daily Star from 2010 -

-  but I can't recall reading about any of its proffered examples in the case files :

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/124957/Police-blitzed-by-odd-Maddie-claims

It sounds like sheer nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 24 Jul 2018, 10:56 am

I've put your post here Rosa though to be fair to the Daily Star (never thought I'd say that) it is only talking about crackpot sightings etc and not coming up with their own nonsense.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 34 Empty Total nonsense...

Post  Rosa canina Tue 24 Jul 2018, 10:16 pm

Ah thank you Freedom, a better place for the Daily Star article -

- which I reckon did come up with its own imaginings :

"THE case files reveal how police have been blitzed with bizarre, sick, and twisted information about Madeleine’s fate from across the globe.

An email from the Madeira Liberation Army who claimed to be holding Madeleine and had a video showing her in good health, but couldn’t vouch for her safety unless the city of Funchal was granted independence.

A Dutch voodoo priest’s claim he had a psychic vision of where Madeleine was buried. He confessed it had happened after he’d drunk two bottles of white rum.

A Romanian woman insisted her beauty queen daughter Madalina was Madeleine’s real mum who’d handed her to a Leicestershire doctor for adoption just before she died. Police discovered Madalina died before Madeleine was born but the woman claimed her death certificate was forged."

I haven't seen any of what the article reckons is in the PJ files - has anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 22 Aug 2018, 5:23 pm

Nothing much happening in the McCann case as the world waits with baited breath as to whether more funding is forthcoming in the Autumn so why not link the poor girl to something else.

Survival expert, 55, hiding out in French mountains is named as prime suspect in 1998 murder of Dutch boy after a major DNA breakthrough in cold case once linked to Madeleine McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6087127/Suspect-1998-murder-Dutch-boy-case-linked-Madeleine-McCann.html
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Aug 2018, 5:49 pm

I have been missing my regular dose of tabloid garbage!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:07 pm

Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:14 pm

Freedom wrote:I have been missing my regular dose of tabloid garbage!

Two within a couple of days,its almost like its planned. bounce
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:17 pm

I think we've had that Irish one before though I can't readily find it.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next