Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 8:15 pm

There can't be a better topic than tabloid trash for this!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 8:27 pm

I've checked the General Medical Council register - Kate definitely isn't listed as a G P.
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:11 am

No she isn't. She does work at a Leicester hospital though. My friend took her mother for a hospital appointment and saw her coming out of a office and also sees her round the local shops.
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:15 am

Yes, it has been reported that she is a "medical worker".

What a shock to the system to meet Kate on one's travels!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Thu 20 Dec 2018, 6:59 am

Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 1:50 pm

It wasn't that long ago the fail was telling us how destitute the fund was likely to be, now its approaching millionaire status.

Hunt for Madeleine McCann gets £85,000 boost thanks to royalties from her mother's book sales - making firm set up by parents worth close to £1million

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576411/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-Kate-Gerry-100-000-book-sales-taking-firm-near-1million.html

September last year.

Public fund to find Madeleine McCann could be WIPED OUT if Kate and Gerry are forced to pay £750,000 to detective who claimed they covered up her death in upcoming court case.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576411/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-Kate-Gerry-100-000-book-sales-taking-firm-near-1million.html
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 5:31 pm

Is it possible to see somewhere how many copies have been sold ?

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 8:11 pm

"All royalties"

Back to top Go down

Rainy day fund

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 3:46 pm

'We're keeping it for a rainy day': Madeleine McCann's parents Kate and Gerry are 'saving £85,000 in royalties from mother's book to fight legal battle against Portuguese ex-police officer'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6581173/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-Kate-Gerry-saving-85-000-royalties-mothers-book.html

The money will also help the couple in their legal battle against former Portuguese police officer Goncalo Amaral.

What legal battle? scratch
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 3:55 pm

They have appealed to the European Court of Human Rights haven't they since losing their appeal?
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 9:39 pm

Guinea Pig wrote:They have appealed to the European Court of Human Rights haven't they since losing their appeal?
I can't see how they can appeal to the ECHR because ECHR only run cases against nations.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 6:40 pm

Someone said on twitter the other day hope they don't use this story …. well, guess what...…

'WE'LL NEVER STOP SEARCHING' Fresh hope for Maddie McCann’s parents as they reveal Jayme Closs case has boosted belief they’ll find missing daughter

The American teen was missing for almost three months in Wisconsin

THE parents of Madeleine McCann welcomed “such great news” that a teenage girl was found alive nearly three months after her alleged kidnap - refuelling hope that one day they will be reunited with their missing daughter.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8183455/maddie-mccann-fresh-hope-jayme-closs-find-missing-daughter/

Strange they used the words 'alleged' well was she or wasn't she?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 6:50 pm

You couldn't make it up, could you - oh wait, somebody has.

Please tell me how anyone whose daughter has allegedly been abducted could be inspired by the case of a teenager whose parents were murdered in order for her to be taken?

I posted a link to this story on the miscellaneous crimes topics when it first happened - I wondered then if the girl could have killed her parents and disappeared of her own accord.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 9:43 pm

candyfloss wrote:Someone said on twitter the other day hope they don't use this story …. well, guess what...…

'WE'LL NEVER STOP SEARCHING' Fresh hope for Maddie McCann’s parents as they reveal Jayme Closs case has boosted belief they’ll find missing daughter

The American teen was missing for almost three months in Wisconsin

THE parents of Madeleine McCann welcomed “such great news” that a teenage girl was found alive nearly three months after her alleged kidnap - refuelling hope that one day they will be reunited with their missing daughter.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8183455/maddie-mccann-fresh-hope-jayme-closs-find-missing-daughter/

Strange they used the words  'alleged'  well was she or wasn't she?

This was a very strange story. The child looks remarkably unscathed in the photo of her smiling with her Aunt, despite the fact that - supposedly - her abductor murdered both her parents. Surely she would be hugely traumatized?

Quite how the McCanns can consider it appropriate to piggy-back onto this story, goodness only knows. It has no parallels at all with the McCann case as far as I can see. The parents were apparently murdered while the girl was taken and was found alive. In the Madeleine McCann case the Portuguese police believe that Madeleine died and her parents covered up her death, faked an abduction and concealed her body.

Talk about desperation on the part of the McCanns to try to link these two cases. They couldn't be more different, at least at face value, in my opinion.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:31 pm

The smiling photo with her aunt is what jumped out at me.

I'm afraid that it won't surprise me if it turns out that the 21-year-old is her boyfriend and the two of them were in it together.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34