MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+9
Heisenburg
poster
Freedom
candyfloss
unreorganised
froggy
Guinea Pig
HKP
niklasericson
13 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom Tue 04 May 2021, 5:57 pm

Martin Ney. See the posts here on 24th January.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  poster Wed 05 May 2021, 1:42 pm

poster wrote:Interesting juxtaposition of Coronavius and the Madeleine McCann case. Who, exactly, is 'hunting' for Madeleine I wonder? Certainly not the police.

Given the level of silliness around the reporting of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, I find it difficult to believe a lot of what I read in the MSM. I can't help thinking there is a 'wider agenda' over this Coronavirus and in particular the reporting of it. But what is it?  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-hunt-madeleine-mccann-could-21724854

Hmmm....the 'wider agendas'? Seem to be quite a few.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 05 May 2021, 1:43 pm

Freedom wrote:Martin Ney. See the posts here on 24th January.

Ah, yes. But not blond so not Mrs Fenn's niece's sighting.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Tick tock...

Post  Rosa canina Sat 08 May 2021, 10:03 am

https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/tiktokkers-pretend-to-be-madeleine-mccann-in-sickening-new-trend/news-story/1852a41e72932b9b2c7f57db7a5df63a

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 543279dd14b1403833f37e72dd99b95e?width=640

Keen to emphasise the 37 minutes, eh? From the above article :

In the video, she shared that she had been staying “37 minutes” away from where Madeleine was at the time she went missing – before showing photos of herself at that age with a similar blonde bob to the missing girl.
The article was written by one Madeline Cox... Who later on writes :

A fellow commenter wrote that if anyone actually believes they are Madeliene McCann they should be contacting the police and submitting a DNA test rather than posting about it online.

I know nothing about Tiktok, but the original uploader has an appropriately numerological username : 
user000503200700

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 08 May 2021, 10:09 am

This sounds familiar - there was someone on Facebook saying the same thing a while ago.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Madeleine, Madeliene, Madeline...

Post  Rosa canina Sat 08 May 2021, 10:31 am

I missed this third spelling of the missing child's name :

Now, just days after the 14th anniversary of Madeline going missing, TikTokkers started posting videos claiming to be the missing girl.

The Eeyore's a great touch, too :

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 C1ef2e2f28be3f0ff3c1165abca9dd89?width=640

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 09 May 2021, 3:57 pm

Rosa canina wrote:https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/tiktokkers-pretend-to-be-madeleine-mccann-in-sickening-new-trend/news-story/1852a41e72932b9b2c7f57db7a5df63a

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 543279dd14b1403833f37e72dd99b95e?width=640

Keen to emphasise the 37 minutes, eh? From the above article :

In the video, she shared that she had been staying “37 minutes” away from where Madeleine was at the time she went missing – before showing photos of herself at that age with a similar blonde bob to the missing girl.
The article was written by one Madeline Cox... Who later on writes :

A fellow commenter wrote that if anyone actually believes they are Madeliene McCann they should be contacting the police and submitting a DNA test rather than posting about it online.

I know nothing about Tiktok, but the original uploader has an appropriately numerological username : 
user000503200700

Weird. The name reminds me of the discussion around the creche booking sheets and the theory that Gerry might have signed in another child alongside 'Madeleine' as the signatures were identical. There was also speculation that the child that attended was not Madeleine McCann but another girl with the same name but spelt differently. This allowed for the possibility that something had happened earlier in the week and Madeleine McCann was kept from public view after Sunday when it would seem that the OC cleaner spotted the whole family going for lunch to the Paynes' apartment.

At the time this theory seemed quite far-fetched what with substitute Maddies and nannies with amnesia but in the context of the corona scamdemic and the obvious lies and smoke and mirrors, it all seems quite tame. I was always intrigued by the two other couples - what were their names? Was it Ryder and Naylor?  I think at the time of the discussions it was established that the daughters were pupils at a catholic school in Hammersmith.  Probably nothing to do with the above though.

However, the older Tapas children will now be young adults. I wonder what they make of that fateful holiday now. Surely a week that no-one can ever forget?

ETA: One of the most intriguing 'exhibits' from that week was the cctv footage from Paraiso beach restaurant that the Tapas crowd visited with their children on the fateful Thursday when Madeleine was allegedly abducted. This appeared in the public domain years after the alleged abduction but was hugely revealing, in its own way. The McCanns never adequately explained why they did not join their friends that day and I think it is a damning piece of evidence.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 09 May 2021, 4:15 pm

The other Tapas children were all younger than Madeleine. They can only know what, if anything, their parents have told them about the holiday.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 09 May 2021, 6:34 pm

They will know what their parents told them, but maybe when these tapas children became teenagers and had smartphones, they may have done a little research and asked questions.

I wonder to what extent the tapas group kept in touch - if they didn't then possibly the parents said nothing about the events of that week at the time as the children were too little to understand, and said nothing later when they were older. If they did keep in touch and meet on occasion then Madeleine's name must have come up and some approved story would have had to have been given.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 09 May 2021, 6:43 pm

You can't keep children in the dark forever about family secrets. I always think of the James Bulger case and I hasten to add that it's a completely different situation as regards no possible family involvement there in what happened.

James's young cousins were shielded from the full horror of his death but, as they got older and the Internet appeared, they found out for themselves.

Yes, contrary to what I said before, it's unlikely that the McCann twins and the other children know nothing except for the carefully sanitised parental versions.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 10 May 2021, 12:39 am

Freedom wrote:The other Tapas children were all younger than Madeleine. They can only know what, if anything, their parents have told them about the holiday.

Not really. I think Jane and Russell's daughter Ella was almost exactly the same age as Madeleine and it appears that the Paynes' elder daughter Scarlett who was three was also friendly with Madeleine. I don't believe for a minute that they wouldn't remember that week - particularly Ella.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 10 May 2021, 7:19 am

The Tanner / O'Brien daughter was I think three months younger. Lily Payne was born in August 2004 so she was not then three. Scarlet was born in May 2006.

I doubt that they will have any personal memories myself.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 05 Jun 2021, 10:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 06 Jun 2021, 9:51 am

This isn't as bad as some of the other trash!

I can't say I believe in this sort of thing but it will do no harm to check.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 06 Jun 2021, 4:18 pm

Freedom wrote:The Tanner / O'Brien daughter was I think three months younger. Lily Payne was born in August 2004 so she was not then three. Scarlet was born in May 2006.

I doubt that they will have any personal memories myself.

Didn't Kate McCann in her book write that she was surprised that the twins remembered things from that week? Surely a holiday in which your friend is 'abducted' from her bed at night would be imprinted on even the youngest of minds? I think that the Tanner girl would have some memories. If you look at her in the Paraiso cctv footage you see her approaching someone who is out of sight of the footage. This could have been one of the twins. I think that she would have wanted to know where Madeleine was that day.

If, as some claim, Madeleine came to harm earlier in the week, how did the adults explain this to the other children? Surely the other children would not have mistaken another blond girl (the substitute Maddie theory) with Madeleine McCann? The nannies might have done, especially if Madeleine McCann had never been into the kids' club, which I think is likely, but surely not the other children who had travelled on the plane with her, and of course the twins (although they were in a different creche group of course).

I know it was alleged that the twins were not at Paraiso that day, but I think there is evidence of Kate crouching down to avoid being in the cctv footage. And a small blond boy approaches the Tapas table at one point and the back of his head is clearly visible. The group appear to ignore him. Who would this be if it wasn't Sean?

ETA: I think Kate and Gerry had to 'retrofit' the day and pretend that Madeleine AND the twins didn't go to Paraiso that day partly because it would be too suspicious if it was only Madeleine missing from the group but also because I think they must have realized that the twins could have been captured on the cctv footage WITHOUT Madeleine which would be seen as very suspicious. Jane/Fiona is seen staring quite fixedly into the camera at one point, and I presume this is when Kate might have crouched down to avoid being captured by the camera.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 06 Jun 2021, 4:27 pm

Freedom wrote:You can't keep children in the dark forever about family secrets. I always think of the James Bulger case and I hasten to add that it's a completely different situation as regards no possible family involvement there in what happened.

James's young cousins were shielded from the full horror of his death but, as they got older and the Internet appeared, they found out for themselves.

Yes, contrary to what I said before, it's unlikely that the McCann twins and the other children know nothing except for the carefully sanitised parental versions.

But they will surely have some curiosity around this? I suspect is is the proverbial 'elephant in the room' never to be discussed.

I very gently tried to tell an old friend that the corona version of events might not be trustworthy and she rounded on me and quite aggressively told me that she could not condone anything I said. We haven't spoken since. I didn't want or need her approval but it was a very clear case of 'shoot the messenger' and she wanted to aggressively hug her chains. Fine by me. I don't try to convert people now. It's not my job and it plays into their desire to maintain their sacred cows.

Oh to be a fly on the wall chez McCann at the dinner table when Madeleine anniversaries come around! I suspect there are awkward silences, at best.  Before news of Bill and Melinda's divorce was made public, there was a syrupy interview in which Melinda discussed their children dating. (The interview was actually about how she had previously been in an abusive relationship). She claimed that if a date was invited to dinner chez Gates, the family all held hands under the table. I found this implausible and it struck me that Melinda has the Kate McCann 'ostrich' approach to her husband and to family life in general.

Rather as with Kate McCann, I doubt roses were growing around the Gates' multiple residences. Raising teenagers is hard work and in both families I would imagine there are all sorts of skeletons jangling around, metaphorically or not.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 06 Jun 2021, 9:42 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Madeleine McCann 'buried in forest just six miles from where she vanished'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-buried-forest-just-24257689#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

That area of land is very open. I always assumed that she was buried in that general area, but much further inland. I wonder how this fits with the location of the "Aztec towel" barn?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 06 Jun 2021, 10:51 pm

Madeleine McCann case 'could be solved in months' German investigators claim

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-could-solved-24261708#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

No mention of the psychic now Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 07 Jun 2021, 6:00 am

So according to unnamed friends (amazing that Christian B has any, but that's another matter) he still hasn't even been interviewed and questioned about Madeleine.

This is all totally bonkers - as if the case wasn't bad enough already - how can a case be built against someone without ever speaking to them about it?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 07 Jun 2021, 7:18 am

Exactly Freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Mon 07 Jun 2021, 12:15 pm

The police chief says that CB hasn't been interviewed yet, it's not just the word of unnamed friends.

Sheer lunacy!
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Kate gives up the search to return to frontline work

Post  Antonia Tue 21 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm

Madeleine McCann’s mum Kate makes major life decision after 14 years (rollercoaster.ie)

Aren't we lucky? Kate returns to work fulltime and will save us all from COVID19......

Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Sep 2021, 2:08 pm

That link doesn't work. Here's the precise one for the article.

https://rollercoaster.ie/lifestyle/news/madeleine-mccanns-mum-kate-makes-major-life-decision-after-14-years/

It originated in The Sun, so of course we can believe every word of it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16191846/madeleine-mccanns-ex-gp-mum-kate-returns-to-work/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Tue 21 Sep 2021, 4:29 pm

A woman deciding to return to work after a period outside the workplace is a matter for her husband, children and friends.  

It's not relevant to the world at large.  

This story appearing must be because Kate (or her PR team) pro actively contacted the Sun to give them this vital information. Maybe to try to improve her public image - now that she is a front line worker.  I find this sickening (no pun intended). I wouldn't want to be treated by her or Gerry but I suppose it's good news for the general public that one full time doctor has been added to her local hospital.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 21 Sep 2021, 4:33 pm

I'm just trying to imagine visiting that hospital and hearing that dreadful whining voice - I think I'd run for the hills!

Antonia: I've merged your post with the existing tabloid trash topic as it certainly belongs there.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next