MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 12 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:23 pm

candyfloss wrote:Please stay on topic and keep discussion friendly
I find the suggestion, based on this trailer, that Kate McCann is now a doorstepping victim like Brenda Leyland, who died, was, sound unfriendly, opposite to a bit of spice in a discussion.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
There was no headline that Brenda was to be charged, she had committed no crime (as later confirmed). Your entitled to your opinion, mines is that this trailer plays straight into the McCann supporters hands, let's see if it gets any news coverage.
Being charged is your example. Not mine.
My example was that KM had suffered worse headlines than Brenda so your statement didn't wash. As I said we're all entitled to our own opinion.
And as I said, those headlines are not a result from Sonia Poulton ringing Kate's bell. Have you forgotten all the bought media attention the McCanns got? Being British media's paymasters? And the Oprah Winfrey stuff, the posing in front of camera's, so on, so on.
Don't "you're entitled to your wrong opinion" me.
Do you know what headlines are being made due to this trailer? No? Didn't think so? Still entitled to your maybe right maybe wrong opinion just like the rest of us.
It doesn't seem likely, we'll see the headlines this coming week in all the media shouting "vile child charity troll opens door".

But of course you're entitled to your opnion.
You've lost me now, we could possibly see headlines saying vile troll Sonia P doorsteps poor Kate McCann though, is that what Sonia was after.
There hasn't been a critical sound in the media for years. Not gonna happen now. You're twisting stuff.

Last edited by Burst on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

You haven't got a bloody clue about why people commit suicide cristobel and it's got nothing to do with romantic notions of getting revenge on someone...yes, the attention seekers might do that (and sometimes it goes wrong and they do end up dead) but having seen the body of a 13 year old girl, who felt her life wasn't worth living and she had no future it was anything but a "beautiful death" to teach those left behind a lesson. In fact, to give you the graphic details, she had put a ligature round her neck, but as she was losing the ability to breathe, obviously changed her mind, but sadly couldn't get her hands up to release the ligature..How do we know this? The deep scratches on her legs, her fingernails bent backwards as she was desperately trying to raise her arms to her neck..it was too late though

I sat with her mum for hours and hours talking about why...we will never get an answer. Oh and the girl died on the 26th April 2007, and was buried on the 3rd May 2007, that is one of the reasons I got involved in this case as I had just witnessed the inconceivable pain and raw grief of losing a child and Kate and Gerry McCann did not have those attributes and as such I felt there was more to the case.

But please don't try to lecture me about why people commit suicide...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:29 pm

@Burst
So you think that doorstepping KM was a good thing? Carry on my good man/woman entitlement and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:32 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:@Burst
So you think that doorstepping KM was a good thing? Carry on my good man/woman entitlement and all that.
No I don't. But it isn't necessarily awful either. McCanns have dominated their own media attention seeking game for years. So, asking a few questions couldn't necessarily hurt. Not like it hurt a private woman. You have seen the trollifying headlines, even far abroad, haven't you?
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:39 pm

It was always going to be contentious CF. Until Sonia's piece is released we have the memory of the Sun outing, which concentrated on Trolling. If trolling is what it's about then we should be told,as it is we can only hope she brings something to the table concerning the tragedy of Madeleine. It will fail if it turns the tables on those who only wish for an honest resolution.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 12 Empty Re:TRAILER -HERE IT IS ....SONIA POULTON -The untold story of Madeleine McCann.

Post  costello Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm

I have been out for a while and just returned to read more on this thread, to be honest I am quite surprised at all this negativity. Sonia Poulton's  trailer is only 1 minute 31 seconds long and all this speculation? what about the bigger picture here. I certainly wouldn't comment until I had seen the documentary in full. I actually salute Sonia for getting the message out regardless of what that may be, but I do believe she has the late Brenda Leyland's interests at heart. What has slightly angered me is the discussion on Brenda Leyland's "supposed mental health issues" as her inquest seemed a bit futile. I really would appreciate any information as to any "FACTS" on Brenda's health issues.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:45 pm

Burst wrote:
No I don't. But it isn't necessarily awful either. McCanns have dominated their own media attention seeking game for years. So, asking a few questions couldn't necessarily hurt. Not like it hurt a private woman. You have seen the trollifying headlines, even far abroad, haven't you?
Sorry but I think you are missing my point which is that Sonia by releasing that trailer has played into the hands of the McCann's supporters by doorstepping Kate. It has given them the opportunity to highlight what should be unnaceptable behaviour and look for sympathy. I can't see Sonia being shown in a good light after this is viewed.
Sonia has herself just conducted the same procedure as Brunt did with Sky a la the doorstepping. It will not have the same consequences for the person being doorstopped it will probably be the reverse, Sonia will get the grief. All IMO of course.

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:53 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Sorry but I think you are missing my point which is that Sonia by releasing that trailer has played into the hands of the McCann's supporters by doorstepping Kate. It has given them the opportunity to highlight what should be unnaceptable behaviour and look for sympathy. I can't see Sonia being shown in a good light after this is viewed.
Sonia has herself just conducted the same procedure as Brunt did with Sky a la the doorstepping. It will not have the same consequences for the person being doorstopped it will probably be the reverse, Sonia will get the grief. All IMO of course.
All depends on the content of her video. Maybe Sonia had found some new questions to ask. I'm not missing your point. I saw what you did there. I just find it irrelevant. Hysterical Smile .
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:54 pm

Here's a link from the Guardian outlining her mental health issues and noting that she had made a previous suicide attempt and was suffering from depression. Also in that piece is the the admission from Brunt that Brenda told him she was thinking of "ending it all" but after speaking to her later and her telling him she felt better, he went ahead with the piece on Sky news. That is why I think that if there is anyone to blame it is Brunt and Sky news

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/sky-news-mccann-brenda-leyland

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm

susible wrote:Here's a link from the Guardian outlining her mental health issues and noting that she had made a previous suicide attempt and was suffering from depression.  Also in that piece is the the admission from Brunt that Brenda told him she was thinking of "ending it all" but after speaking to her later and  her telling him she felt better, he went ahead with the piece on Sky news.  That is why I think that if there is anyone to blame it is Brunt and Sky news

We will probably never know for certain why the poor woman felt the need to take her own life, because she didn't leave a note or if she did, the contents of it were never made public. Clearly she had a history of mental health problems and suicide attempts and Brunt was well aware of her mental health track record, because she told him. He went ahead and made his revolting news report anyway. Then came and told us all how "devastated" he was, but not bloody devastated enough to reveal who gave him the "dossier". I hope Brenda haunts the disgusting little prick every single night for the rest of his life, and in the afterlife as well. Because he may not have been 100% responsible for Brenda's death, but he did play a part and has shown little, or no, remorse.
And to claim that the poor woman committed suicide for "revenge" - that comment is risible and revolting in equal measure. And then to LOL about it, well that's just not human. I feel like I want to go take a bath now, with a Brillo pad, after even reading it, I just feel so disgusted and unclean that any human being would even say such a cruel and disgusting thing about another human being. Or that it's even allowed to remain here, polluting this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:15 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
canada12 wrote:Is that really Kate who opened the door?
And is that really location sound of Sonia asking the question, or was that voiceover added afterwards?
Just curious.
We're assuming a lot from this trailer.
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more.
I asked myself the same question of who was at the door, the footage is not the best quality, amateurish even.
It reminds me of the "news report" on Kate's bike ride, when a "random stranger" ran up to her to "give her a hug". Utter bollocks. There is no way a "random stranger" is going to get within 50 feet of Kate McCann, the minders would have floored them long before that, they might even be carrying a knife or gun or acid. And there's no way that a random reporter and film crew would just waltz up to the front door of Rothley Towers, and Kate McCann answer the door. The sound is a voiceover and doesn't even finish the sentence, "Madeleine" has been cut off at the end. I don't believe that it's even Kate McCann at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:18 pm

Bampots wrote:It was always going to be contentious CF. Until Sonia's piece is released we have the memory of the Sun outing, which concentrated on Trolling. If trolling is what it's about then we should be told,as it is we can only hope she brings something to the table concerning the tragedy of Madeleine. It will fail if it turns the tables on those who only wish for an honest resolution.

As the subject of the Sun Article lol, I can state quite categorically, that it had nothing whatsoever to do Sonia Poulton, other than passing on my details to Martin Daubney.  It was MD's article and it was not devoted to the McCanns, it was about TROLLING!   I have to say that all these links and wild Murdoch related conspiracy theories are endlessly amusing, but kinda naïve and airy fairy, lol.  Sometimes a cup is just a cup.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:21 pm

I'm not quite sure why 'doorstepping' Kate McCann is regarded as such a heinous act. Journalists do it to public figures all the time - and a public figure is precisely what Kate McCann chose to become when she wrote a book, gave interviews to Oprah Winfrey, Lorraine Kelly and numerous other journalists, and accepted the role of charity ambassador. To compare her with Brenda Leyland, a woman who never sought publicity and shared her opinions under a pseudonym with a handful of followers on Twitter seems pretty absurd to me.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:23 pm

A relative of mine committed suicide some years ago. I may not agree with everything Cristobell says but she is stating her opinion and is entitled to do so without anyone saying that her comments pollute the forum.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:28 pm

Sorry Freedom, but my opinion is that it was a completely immature, cruel, revolting and uncalled-for comment and followed up by a LOL, well I don't have any words to express how utterly disgusted I am with behavior like that. Others may find it relevant or clever or amusing or smart. I don't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:29 pm

Resistor wrote:
susible wrote:Here's a link from the Guardian outlining her mental health issues and noting that she had made a previous suicide attempt and was suffering from depression.  Also in that piece is the the admission from Brunt that Brenda told him she was thinking of "ending it all" but after speaking to her later and  her telling him she felt better, he went ahead with the piece on Sky news.  That is why I think that if there is anyone to blame it is Brunt and Sky news

We will probably never know for certain why the poor woman felt the need to take her own life, because she didn't leave a note or if she did, the contents of it were never made public.  Clearly she had a history of mental health problems and suicide attempts and Brunt was well aware of her mental health track record, because she told him.  He went ahead and made his revolting news report anyway.  Then came and told us all how "devastated" he was, but not bloody devastated enough to reveal who gave him the "dossier".  I hope Brenda haunts the disgusting little prick every single night for the rest of his life, and in the afterlife as well.  Because he may not have been 100% responsible for Brenda's death, but he did play a part and has shown little, or no, remorse.
And to claim that the poor woman committed suicide for "revenge" - that comment is risible and revolting in equal measure.  And then to LOL about it, well that's just not human.  I feel like I want to go take a bath now, with a Brillo pad, after even reading it, I just feel so disgusted and unclean that any human being would even say such a cruel and disgusting thing about another human being.  Or that it's even allowed to remain here, polluting this forum.

It is an educated assumption susible, if a person has been doorstepped and stripped of all their power, among their thoughts would be, how can I get my own back.  

As for polluting the forum, I hope admin don't take that too seriously.  I am merely bring the issue of mental health and the reasons people commit suicide into the public arena for discussion.  It's the 'not discussing' things that leads to death.  

Yes, I take a lighthearted approach, it works for me, and it works for many who find themselves in despair.  It is surprising how making someone laugh, can lift their spirits.  When I talk about my own 'lows', I hope that they reach other people, I hope other people can see that they are not alone, that others too feel exactly as they do.  I encourage people to talk about it, because quite often, all they need is another person, say hey, it's ok to feel like that!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:30 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
susible wrote:
The poor woman lost her life because she dared to comment on this case, and it could easily have been any one of us.  She herself said in one of her last tweets that she hoped people would ask questions if she died in mysterious circumstances!  Why condemn those who are now asking the questions?

She didn't lose her life because she asked questions, she took her own life because of the pressure she was put under by Martin Brunt.  There was nothing suspicious about her death, she was suffering from depression and she even told Brunt that she was contemplating suicide..Brunt went ahead and showed the piece anyway, he's the guilty party in this tragic episode.

I too have been vilified by a journalist from the News of the World, back in 2008, who threatened to put all of my personal details in her column, I never contemplated suicide and if she had done what she threatened and I had got any backlash from McCann supporters, I would have reported it to the police, I would not have committed suicide and left my daughter without her mother.  I have been through many, many dark times in my life, but having seen the effect of suicide on the people who are left, would never consider to do it myself, no matter what was thrown at me.  Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.  Brenda was clearly a very troubled woman, and this incident clearly pushed her over the edge, I am sad that it did and can only imagine the pain and grief of her sons, but ultimately this tragic event has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and Brenda's death caused by bullies like Brunt and Gamble have no bearing at all in the investigation of her disappearance

Well, it does it a way, it it wasn't for the McCanns and the disappearance of Madeleine and all the lies we've had to endure from so many people and the protection of the McCanns by the likes of Sky for over 8 years Brenda Leyland would still be alive.

Agree, DFM. The motives of the McCann supporters and protectors are now very much part of this case, and have been since Gordon Brown first answered Gerry's call. Investigating why could give sufficient impetus for the solving of the case. The facts of what happened to poor Madeleine are intrinsically linked to what came after, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:31 pm

Freedom wrote:A relative of mine committed suicide some years ago. I may not agree with everything Cristobell says but she is stating her opinion and is entitled to do so without anyone saying that her comments pollute the forum.

There's opinion Freedom and there is crass, insensitive remarks that should have no place on a public forum...Brenda committing suicide to get revenge on the McCanns...Seriously, I'm at a loss for words

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:35 pm

susible wrote:
Freedom wrote:A relative of mine committed suicide some years ago. I may not agree with everything Cristobell says but she is stating her opinion and is entitled to do so without anyone saying that her comments pollute the forum.

There's opinion Freedom and there is crass, insensitive remarks that should have no place on a public forum...Brenda committing suicide to get revenge on the McCanns...Seriously, I'm at a loss for words

Don't twist my words susible, nowhere did I say that.  I said, it may have been among her thoughts.  I hope it was.

If you do not like my posts and they upset you that much, can I suggest you don't read them. I have no problem with you having a different opinion, but I do object that you are always calling for mine to be censored.

Last edited by Cristobell on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:36 pm

Cristobell, you will see that I defended your right to state your views without the P word being mentioned - a different P word for a change!

As you and others will know, a living close relative of mine has mental health issues as did his wife who died last year.

I have really been glad of my sense of humour at times to get me through some very difficult times.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm

Cristobell wrote:
susible wrote:

Don't twist my words susible, nowhere did I say.  I said, it may have been among her thoughts.  I hope it was.

I don't have to twist your words cristobell, just go back and read your own comments...as for hoping that her suicide was revenge....jesus wept...

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 12 Empty Re: TRAILER -HERE IT IS ...SONIA POULTON -The Untold storey of Madeleine McCann.

Post  costello Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:40 pm

Thanks seriously for that Susible, but I was involved in media in the late 80's  Record Companies et al, do you actually believe everything you read in an article in the Guardian or other tabloids for example, sorry but I don't believe a word. I want concrete proof. If Brenda's inquest was just let's just say economical with the truth then I really need to know. As I have mentioned up thread I really do not like the idea of Brenda's  supposed health issues being discussed without proof.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:40 pm

Popcorn wrote:I'm not quite sure why 'doorstepping' Kate McCann is regarded as such a heinous act. Journalists do it to public figures all the time - and a public figure is precisely what Kate McCann chose to become when she wrote a book, gave interviews to Oprah Winfrey, Lorraine Kelly and numerous other journalists, and accepted the role of charity ambassador. To compare her with Brenda Leyland, a woman who never sought publicity and shared her opinions under a pseudonym with a handful of followers on Twitter seems pretty absurd to me.

Quite right, Popcorn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

costello wrote:

Thanks seriously for that Susible, but I was involved in media in the late 80's  Record Companies et al, do you actually believe everything you read in an article in the Guardian or other tabloids for example, sorry but I don't believe a word. I want concrete proof. If Brenda's inquest was just let's just say economical with the truth then I really need to know. As I have mentioned up thread I really do not like the idea of Brenda's  supposed health issues being discussed without proof.

Well it was reporting on the inquest and the words of her own son Ben, who talked about the many issues his mother had, so not really just a media spin imo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next