MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 13 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 13 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:46 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Popcorn wrote:I'm not quite sure why 'doorstepping' Kate McCann is regarded as such a heinous act. Journalists do it to public figures all the time - and a public figure is precisely what Kate McCann chose to become when she wrote a book, gave interviews to Oprah Winfrey, Lorraine Kelly and numerous other journalists, and accepted the role of charity ambassador. To compare her with Brenda Leyland, a woman who never sought publicity and shared her opinions under a pseudonym with a handful of followers on Twitter seems pretty absurd to me.

Quite right, Popcorn.
I got doorstepped last year by a hack from the local rag. A house further up the street was involved in something and they wanted to get soundbites from some of the neighbours. They caught me as I was leaving for work. I just said I didn't know anything (although I did) and shut the front door and got into my car. It did rattle me and made me very wary of leaving the house for the next few days, and it was a relatively minor thing which didn't involve me personally, at all. I can't begin to imagine how upsetting it would have been for poor Brenda, God rest her soul.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:46 pm

Freedom wrote:Cristobell, you will see that I defended your right to state your views without the P word being mentioned - a different P word for a change!

As you and others will know, a living close relative of mine has mental health issues as did his wife who died last year.

I have really been glad of my sense of humour at times to get me through some very difficult times.

What's the 'P' word? lol

Gallows humour is big in our family Freedom, when my poor old dad told us, with tears streaming down his face (he was a very emotional man), that he was going to have surgery on his eye and he might lose a leg, eldest son piped out and said 'if he got a parrot he could look like Captain Hook'. We all collapsed in laughter, including Grandad, who spent the rest of the day doing hilarious pirate impressions!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm

Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:@Burst
So you think that doorstepping KM was a good thing? Carry on my good man/woman entitlement and all that.
No I don't. But it isn't necessarily awful either. McCanns have dominated their own media attention seeking game for years. So, asking a few questions couldn't necessarily hurt. Not like it hurt a private woman. You have seen the trollifying headlines, even far abroad, haven't you?
Sorry but I think you are missing my point which is that Sonia by releasing that trailer has played into the hands of the McCann's supporters by doorstepping Kate. It has given them the opportunity to highlight what should be unnaceptable behaviour and look for sympathy. I can't see Sonia being shown in a good light after this is viewed.
Sonia has herself just conducted the same procedure as Brunt did with Sky a la the doorstepping. It will not have the same consequences for the person being doorstopped it will probably be the reverse, Sonia will get the grief. All IMO of course.
All depends on the content of her video. Maybe Sonia had found some new questions to ask. I'm not missing your point. I saw what you did there. I just find it irrelevant. Hysterical Smile .
Hysterically your still missing the point Very Happy
Today all we have is the trailer content which is KM being doorstepped, so what's the content and questions that you're banging on about unless you've seen more of the video than the rest of us. Keep up the good work Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

Cristobell, you did say this with no mention that suicide MAY have been in her thoughts. 

"Brenda knew her death would cause sensational headlines, she had followed this case long enough. It was a form of revenge against the McCanns and the media who attacked her. And it worked. The clamp down on internet trolls, especially those who comment on the case of missing Madeleine, simply didn't happen. The public were appalled alright, but not at Brenda, they were appalled at the cruelty of Brenda's very public execution. Brenda turned the tables on them, she should be celebrated!"

Let's not let this latest disagreement go on any longer. There are bigger issues at stake than not being able to get on with one individual on a forum. 

May I remind people again that posts can be blocked via the friends and foes section on the profile page.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm

Resistor wrote:It reminds me of the "news report" on Kate's bike ride, when a "random stranger" ran up to her to "give her a hug".  Utter bollocks.  There is no way a "random stranger" is going to get within 50 feet of Kate McCann, the minders would have floored them long before that, they might even be carrying a knife or gun or acid.  And there's no way that a random reporter and film crew would just waltz up to the front door of Rothley Towers, and Kate McCann answer the door.  The sound is a voiceover and doesn't even finish the sentence, "Madeleine" has been cut off at the end.  I don't believe that it's even Kate McCann at all.

I didn't see the stranger hugging Kate but can easily believe it was contrived. I don't know why you find it hard to believe that someone couldn't go up and knock the door though?

Sounds like something out of a movie the way you describe things! I and other family members have come across the M's in public places and they were all alone. Could have approached them for a chat if we wanted to. This was years ago back in late 2007, early 2008.

As far as the "voiceover" is concerned I believe a standard technique in filming is ADR where, for example when outside you would film a scene and then later in the studio re-record and/or edit sound back in?

Is there anyone here that knows the process of filming with more information?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm

Freedom wrote:Cristobell, you did say this with no mention that suicide MAY have been in her thoughts. 

"Brenda knew her death would cause sensational headlines, she had followed this case long enough. It was a form of revenge against the McCanns and the media who attacked her. And it worked. The clamp down on internet trolls, especially those who comment on the case of missing Madeleine, simply didn't happen. The public were appalled alright, but not at Brenda, they were appalled at the cruelty of Brenda's very public execution. Brenda turned the tables on them, she should be celebrated!"

Let's not let this latest disagreement go on any longer. There are bigger issues at stake than not being able to get on with one individual on a forum. 

May I remind people again that posts can be blocked via the friends and foes section on the profile page.
Which I have used to hide these vile statements, and I wish you hadn't repeated them so I had to read them again; it's really distressing and has no place at all on any public forum. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:55 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Resistor wrote:It reminds me of the "news report" on Kate's bike ride, when a "random stranger" ran up to her to "give her a hug".  Utter bollocks.  There is no way a "random stranger" is going to get within 50 feet of Kate McCann, the minders would have floored them long before that, they might even be carrying a knife or gun or acid.  And there's no way that a random reporter and film crew would just waltz up to the front door of Rothley Towers, and Kate McCann answer the door.  The sound is a voiceover and doesn't even finish the sentence, "Madeleine" has been cut off at the end.  I don't believe that it's even Kate McCann at all.

I didn't see the stranger hugging Kate but can easily believe it was contrived. I don't know why you find it hard to believe that someone couldn't go up and knock the door though?

Because they have panic buttons installed, and so presumably have a peephole and chain on the front door.  Would you open your front door to a camera crew if you had no idea why they were there? Especially when the tragedy of Brenda's death was still fresh in everyone's minds?

Last edited by Resistor on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 04 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

The term "teaser trailer" has attracted averse comments but it is a standard term in film production.

teaser trailer
a trailer for a video game or movie that offers little in plot, chracters, actors (in the case of movies) or gameplay (in the case of video games). teaser trailers are usually released about a year and a half to two years before the final product is released.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:02 pm

Resistor wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
Popcorn wrote:I'm not quite sure why 'doorstepping' Kate McCann is regarded as such a heinous act. Journalists do it to public figures all the time - and a public figure is precisely what Kate McCann chose to become when she wrote a book, gave interviews to Oprah Winfrey, Lorraine Kelly and numerous other journalists, and accepted the role of charity ambassador. To compare her with Brenda Leyland, a woman who never sought publicity and shared her opinions under a pseudonym with a handful of followers on Twitter seems pretty absurd to me.

Quite right, Popcorn.
I got doorstepped last year by a hack from the local rag.  A house further up the street was involved in something and they wanted to get soundbites from some of the neighbours.  They caught me as I was leaving for work.  I just said I didn't know anything (although I did) and shut the front door and got into my car.  It did rattle me and made me very wary of leaving the house for the next few days, and it was a relatively minor thing which didn't involve me personally, at all.  I can't begin to imagine how upsetting it would have been for poor Brenda, God rest her soul.

I'm certain I would feel exactly the same, I bet it's a frightening thing for a private person. But the real question is have the McCanns by their actions over the last years elevated themselves from that position to one of self-sought celebrity by their actions of buying media coverage, seeking publicity via high-profile charity races, meetings with the world's most important people, their appointments to ambassadorship and, of course their public court cases designed to gag and obfuscate? Have they forfeited their right to privacy? Journalists doorstep public figures all the time and are never prosecuted. A one-time doorstepping is not harassment.

The McCanns, as Popcorn succinctly put, chose to become public property, sought publicity and then cannot complain in the same way when a journalist knocks on their door in the same way as an individual living a private life can expect.

To me, the two situations are markedly different. While knocking on Kate's door could bring cries of criticism, it could also bring the viewers' attentions to the parallels of the two doorsteppings, while comparing the wild injustice of the former to, perhaps, the justifiable reason of asking Kate publicly why she didn't answer the 48 questions. This contrast could be the very reason she chose to do the doorstep.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:03 pm

Resistor wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

Quite right, Popcorn.
I got doorstepped last year by a hack from the local rag.  A house further up the street was involved in something and they wanted to get soundbites from some of the neighbours.  They caught me as I was leaving for work.  I just said I didn't know anything (although I did) and shut the front door and got into my car.  It did rattle me and made me very wary of leaving the house for the next few days, and it was a relatively minor thing which didn't involve me personally, at all.  I can't begin to imagine how upsetting it would have been for poor Brenda, God rest her soul.

What is it you are afraid of? Serious question. Robert De Niro goes walking in the park, Princess Diana used to out jogging! The truth is, most people don't care we think or what we get up to. We all think about ourselves 99% of the time, that leaves very little time to concern ourselves with what other people are thinking. They honestly don't care! We are shouting 'look at me' we are all screaming with teeny weeny voices, hey look at me, recognise my achievements, praise me, love me. Shall I go on? We are only on this earth for a very short period of time, we want to make our mark.

I seriously do not understand your fear, I have been commenting on the McCann case for 8 years, other than the trip that gets sent to my blog occasionally, I have received hate mail or been demonised anywhere, other than by the antis following the Sun article. And does it bother me, not a bit of it. If I am making people angry, I must be doing something right!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:10 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Resistor wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

Quite right, Popcorn.

I'm certain I would feel exactly the same, I bet it's a frightening thing for a private person. But the real question is have the McCanns by their actions over the last years elevated themselves from that position to one of self-sought celebrity by their actions of buying media coverage, seeking publicity via high-profile charity races, meetings with the world's most important people, their appointments to ambassadorship and, of course their public court cases designed to gag and obfuscate? Have they forfeited their right to privacy? Journalists doorstep public figures all the time and are never prosecuted. A one-time doorstepping is not harassment.

The McCanns, as Popcorn succinctly put, chose to become public property, sought publicity and then cannot complain in the same way when a journalist knocks on their door in the same way as an individual living a private life can expect.

To me, the two situations are markedly different. While knocking on Kate's door could bring cries of criticism, it could also bring the viewers' attentions to the parallels of the two doorsteppings, while comparing the wild injustice of the former to, perhaps, the justifiable reason of asking Kate publicly why she didn't answer the 48 questions. This contrast could be the very reason she chose to do the doorstep.

Brilliantly put Popcorn and DeeCoy, there is no comparison between the two doorsteppings. Kate has not been doorstepped in 8 years - why not?
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm

Cristobell wrote:
Resistor wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

Quite right, Popcorn.

What is it you are afraid of?  Serious question.  Robert De Niro goes walking in the park, Princess Diana used to out jogging!  The truth is, most people don't care we think or what we get up to.  We all think about ourselves 99% of the time, that leaves very little time to concern ourselves with what other people are thinking.  They honestly don't care!  We are shouting 'look at me' we are all screaming with teeny weeny voices, hey look at me, recognise my achievements, praise me, love me.  Shall I go on?  We are only on this earth for a very short period of time, we want to make our mark.  

I seriously do not understand your fear, I have been commenting on the McCann case for 8 years, other than the trip that gets sent to my blog occasionally, I have received hate mail or been demonised anywhere, other than by the antis following the Sun article.  And does it bother me, not a bit of it.  If I am making people angry, I must be doing something right!

You've put yourself in the spotlight by writing your blogs, you want everyone to read your blogs and say "hey, isn't she wonderful" or "isn't she crap at writing", you seem to be wanting attention all the time, you crave it.

It is totally different to what Brenda Leyland wanted, I don't have to spell anything out. You're hiding your head in the sand if you believe anything different about Brenda.

Robert de Niro and Princess Diana are totally different to Brenda, they chose to be high profile and be in the public eye full time. That came with their jobs. I don't know how you can even mention them in relation to Brenda Leyland.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:24 pm

No Christobell, YOU want to be in the limelight 99% of the time. I do not. It's not about fear or anything else. I just want a quiet life and I am happy with that. Unlike some, I do not need to be the centre of attention all the time, because I am happy in my own skin and I am a grown up, serious woman. I do not need to throw tantrums and stamp my feet like an errant toddler, I do not need to tell lies or make revolting remarks and ROFL and LOL about them, and I do not feel the need to plaster my personal issues all over the internet to feel worthy of attention. Don't you dare judge me by your warped standards. And don't reply to me again when you know bloody fine well that I have blocked you. I have zero interest in the shite you spout.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:24 pm

Resistor wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Because they have panic buttons installed, and so presumably have a peephole and chain on the front door.  Would you open your front door to a camera crew if you had no idea why they were there?

I don't know if the panic buttons are a fact or just a story. But lets cut to the chase as yourself and others don't trust Sonia on the doc so I'll ask a question directly:

Sonia (if you read this) Was that Kate at the door and was the doorstepping genuinely unannounced or was it pre-arranged?

As an aside, if this is a 'teaser' of how strong the debate is going to be when/if this full doc comes out, I'm going to be getting an actual tonne of popcorn. I just hope it has a good amount of relevance to what happened to Madeleine....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:28 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Sounds like something out of a movie the way you describe things! I and other family members have come across the M's in public places and they were all alone. Could have approached them for a chat if we wanted to. This was years ago back in late 2007, early 2008.

As far as the "voiceover" is concerned I believe a standard technique in filming is ADR where, for example when outside you would film a scene and then later in the studio re-record and/or edit sound back in?

Totally agree with your post. I have had some experience of the filming process and for live, outdoor broadcasts, everything is done pretty much on the hop. And that includes an interview I did for ITV. There is no way of knowing how things will transpire, especially if it is live and you approaching someone who does not want to speak to you!

The myth that the McCanns need to be protected, comes directly from themselves! No-one is threatening them, and happily, no-one ever has. If there had ever been a 'real' threat, it would have been front page news. Look how much they made of the facebook 'bang bang' comments, it was the closest they could get, and they had nothing in Lisbon to back the alleged threats up either.

Of course the McCanns are living a 'normal' life, that's what happens when your moment in the media spotlight is over. You go back to your normal life, or you go nuts. Even Royals have trouble justifying 24/7 police protection, though Kate and Gerry may desire a fortress, like many of their dreams, it is not realistic. They are still keeping up the pretence of being surrounded by an army of influential supporters, I think the reality is quite difference. We had the pompous statement from the OFM (no name) Webmaster issuing ultimatums on the McCann's behalf, but we haven't a clue who makes up the supposed large staff of McCann Support. Why does the webmaster have to be anonymous? What is he/she afraid of?
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:35 pm

Cristobell wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Totally agree with your post.  I have had some experience of the filming process and for live, outdoor broadcasts, everything is done pretty much on the hop.  And that includes an interview I did for ITV.  There is no way of knowing how things will transpire, especially if it is live and you approaching someone who does not want to speak to you!  

The myth that the McCanns need to be protected, comes directly from themselves!  No-one is threatening them, and happily, no-one ever has.  If there had ever been a 'real' threat, it would have been front page news.  Look how much they made  of the facebook 'bang bang' comments, it was the closest they could get, and they had nothing in Lisbon to back the alleged threats up either.

Of course the McCanns are living a 'normal' life, that's what happens when your moment in the media spotlight is over.  You go back to your normal life, or you go nuts.  Even Royals have trouble justifying 24/7 police protection, though Kate and Gerry may desire a fortress, like many of their dreams, it is not realistic.  They are still keeping up the pretence of being surrounded by an army of influential supporters, I think the reality is quite difference.  We had the pompous statement from the OFM (no name) Webmaster issuing ultimatums on the McCann's behalf, but we haven't a clue who makes up the supposed large staff of McCann Support.  Why does the webmaster have to be anonymous?  What is he/she afraid of?

Do you have a quote for that statement.  I'm sure the "Royal Protection Squad" would be interested in reading it.

Wasn't it one of Prince Harry's bodyguards who got into trouble a few years ago as he got into a swimming pool (in the USA I think) with Harry and some of his friends to have a "silly 5 minutes in the pool" or the bodyguard who stopped Princess Anne being abducted on the Mall by a maniac who got her car to stop, I believe her bodyguard was shot in the process of trying to protect Princess Anne.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:37 pm

Resistor wrote:No Christobell, YOU want to be in the limelight 99% of the time.  I do not.  It's not about fear or anything else.  I just want a quiet life and I am happy with that.  Unlike some, I do not need to be the centre of attention all the time, because I am happy in my own skin and I am a grown up, serious woman.  I do not need to throw tantrums and stamp my feet like an errant toddler, I do not need to tell lies or make revolting remarks and ROFL and LOL about them, and I do not feel the need to plaster my personal issues all over the internet to feel worthy of attention.  Don't you dare judge me by your warped standards.  And don't reply to me again when you know bloody fine well that I have blocked you.  I have zero interest in the shite you spout.

Tis true, and I grew up in a family who are equally competitive, it can get quite ferocious at times Very Happy The first thing I did as a baby was learn to scream louder than my brother! Wink

We are different people susible, and I accept that you don't like me. That's fine. But you must accept that I have no intention of changing in any way shape and form because of your disproval. And seriously, if my posts distress you to that extent, please do skip past them. Hopefully most readers are not quite as sensitive as yourself, because once censorship steps in, the debate is finished.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:40 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Resistor wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Because they have panic buttons installed, and so presumably have a peephole and chain on the front door.  Would you open your front door to a camera crew if you had no idea why they were there?

I don't know if the panic buttons are a fact or just a story. But lets cut to the chase as yourself and others don't trust Sonia on the doc so I'll ask a question directly:

Sonia (if you read this) Was that Kate at the door and was the doorstepping genuinely unannounced or was it pre-arranged?

As an aside, if this is a 'teaser' of how strong the debate is going to be when/if this full doc comes out, I'm going to be getting an actual tonne of popcorn. I just hope it has a good amount of relevance to what happened to Madeleine....
Good point TWO. I was kinda hoping that the trailer would have put to bed, some of my misgivings about the actual documentary. Sadly, I don't believe that it has.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:42 pm

Cristobell wrote:
Resistor wrote:No Christobell, YOU want to be in the limelight 99% of the time.  I do not.  It's not about fear or anything else.  I just want a quiet life and I am happy with that.  Unlike some, I do not need to be the centre of attention all the time, because I am happy in my own skin and I am a grown up, serious woman.  I do not need to throw tantrums and stamp my feet like an errant toddler, I do not need to tell lies or make revolting remarks and ROFL and LOL about them, and I do not feel the need to plaster my personal issues all over the internet to feel worthy of attention.  Don't you dare judge me by your warped standards.  And don't reply to me again when you know bloody fine well that I have blocked you.  I have zero interest in the shite you spout.

Tis true, and I grew up in a family who are equally competitive, it can get quite ferocious at times Very Happy  The first thing I did as a baby was learn to scream louder than my brother! Wink

We are different people susible, and I accept that you don't like me.  That's fine.  But you must accept that I have no intention of changing in any way shape and form because of your disproval.  And seriously, if my posts distress you to that extent, please do skip past them.  Hopefully most readers are not quite as sensitive as yourself, because once censorship steps in, the debate is finished.

Err I think you have replied to the wrong person..or did you do that deliberately so that Resistor will now see it?

BTW I don't like or dislike you, I am totally neutral and don't give a rats behind about you, oh and mostly I do skip past your posts because they are so long and meandering and don't make a lot of sense, but your ridiculous post earlier about Brenda committing suicide to get revenge on the McCanns was just so ludicrous I had to say something

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 04 Oct 2015, 5:50 pm

susible wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

Tis true, and I grew up in a family who are equally competitive, it can get quite ferocious at times Very Happy  The first thing I did as a baby was learn to scream louder than my brother! Wink

We are different people susible, and I accept that you don't like me.  That's fine.  But you must accept that I have no intention of changing in any way shape and form because of your disproval.  And seriously, if my posts distress you to that extent, please do skip past them.  Hopefully most readers are not quite as sensitive as yourself, because once censorship steps in, the debate is finished.

Err I think you have replied to the wrong person..or did you do that deliberately so that Resistor will now see it?

BTW I don't like or dislike you, I am totally neutral and don't give a rats behind about you, oh and mostly I do skip past your posts because they are so long and meandering and don't make a lot of sense, but your ridiculous post earlier about Brenda committing suicide to get revenge on the McCanns was just so ludicrous I had to say something

None of us know what poor Brenda was going through and why she did what she did. We really should not be speculating on this anyway, it must be so hard for her family. This thread does not make for pleasant reading, it is not about personalities,( and everyone here has their own opinion and we should respect that) - it is about a documentary The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann and hopefully it may answer a lot of our questions.... we should be prepared to wait and give it a chance. As for the door stepping trailer it is something journalists do all the time, I don't condone it but it happens.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:00 pm

I'm going to finish up my 'doorstepping' thoughts with this. Why have they not been doorstepped in the last eight years? Could it be that it's because it's just not the right thing to do? They do have another two children who don't deserve to either open the door or be beside/behind/in earshot when a halfwit comes to the door demanding answers.
I sincerely hope that the documentary is a whole lot better than the trailer.

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 13 Empty Re:TRAILER -HERE IT IS ...SONIA POULTON -The untold story of Madeleine McCann.

Post  costello Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:02 pm

susible wrote:
costello wrote:
susible wrote:Here's a link from the Guardian outlining her mental health issues and noting that she had made a previous suicide attempt and was suffering from depression.  Also in that piece is the the admission from Brunt that Brenda told him she was thinking of "ending it all" but after speaking to her later and  her telling him she felt better, he went ahead with the piece on Sky news.  That is why I think that if there is anyone to blame it is Brunt and Sky news

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/20/sky-news-mccann-brenda-leyland

Thanks seriously for that Susible, but I was involved in media in the late 80's  Record Companies et al, do you actually believe everything you read in an article in the Guardian or other tabloids for example, sorry but I don't believe a word. I want concrete proof. If Brenda's inquest was just let's just say economical with the truth then I really need to know. As I have mentioned up thread I really do not like the idea of Brenda's  supposed health issues being discussed without proof.

Well it was reporting on the inquest and the words of her own son Ben, who talked about the many issues his mother had, so not really just a media spin imo

Thanks for that Susible, no reflection on your tabloid reference or choice, but again until I have concrete proof in the words of Wendy Murphy "'I'm not buying it" Cheers.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:02 pm

Well the documentary was dedicated to Brenda on the anniversary of her death and the wall of text in the opening scene was about Brenda being doorstepped, so I think it is relevant to the thread. And there is only one person who has been disrespectful to Brenda and that is cristobel, with her usual me,me,me whining and claiming that her suicide was an act of revenge..like WTF. Sorry but I and many others do find that extremely offensive and I think we should be allowed to say so

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:@Burst
So you think that doorstepping KM was a good thing? Carry on my good man/woman entitlement and all that.
No I don't. But it isn't necessarily awful either. McCanns have dominated their own media attention seeking game for years. So, asking a few questions couldn't necessarily hurt. Not like it hurt a private woman. You have seen the trollifying headlines, even far abroad, haven't you?
Sorry but I think you are missing my point which is that Sonia by releasing that trailer has played into the hands of the McCann's supporters by doorstepping Kate. It has given them the opportunity to highlight what should be unnaceptable behaviour and look for sympathy. I can't see Sonia being shown in a good light after this is viewed.
Sonia has herself just conducted the same procedure as Brunt did with Sky a la the doorstepping. It will not have the same consequences for the person being doorstopped it will probably be the reverse, Sonia will get the grief. All IMO of course.
All depends on the content of her video. Maybe Sonia had found some new questions to ask. I'm not missing your point. I saw what you did there. I just find it irrelevant. Hysterical Smile .
Hysterically your still missing the point Very Happy
Today all we have is the trailer content which is KM being doorstepped, so what's the content and questions that you're banging on about unless you've seen more of the video than the rest of us. Keep up the good work Cool
You're making my point, while banging on about how awful and damaging Sonia's trailer would be. You're just twisting stuff. Apparently you find discrediting a person who's made a video that has to bee seen yet that important. Hysteria is what I meant.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 6:11 pm

Deleted - Cristobell, you have a blog and you can post your thoughts there.  People can also reply on your blog.

This is just causing disruption I'm afraid.  You delete things from your own blog as you know, I am not having any further argument here.  It is a very sensitive, and some members do not like Brenda being discussed in this way here. Sorry, but that is enough for now, you have had your say. - let's leave it for now and take a breather.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next