MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 4 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Freedom Sat 27 Dec 2014, 2:44 pm

It is good to have opinions from all sides as long as they aren't put over in a way which is intended to wind people up.

I hope that there aren't many people here who have a problem per se with others not agreeing with them.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 2:52 pm

I wish Sonia the best of luck,it doesn't seem like there are many investigative journalist these days,it all celebs now isn't it,what I mean is if some one can get a picture or story of so and so kissing/humping so and so then that journalist is kind of made.Unlike Brunt who tried to be smart but was well and truly shafted IMO,sure he didn't know that BL would end up dead but what sort of a story was he trying to get and who for.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Sat 27 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm

Freedom wrote:It is good to have opinions from all sides as long as they aren't put over in a way which is intended to wind people up.

I hope that there aren't many people here who have a problem per se with others not agreeing with them.

anyone unable to constructively respond to any differing opinion is going to cry windup and sonia poulton interviewing some fringe character over a year ago can hardly be called being on the case. she got involved properley a couple months ago when she sensed a story. she is, after all, freelance.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

Marky wrote:
Freedom wrote:It is good to have opinions from all sides as long as they aren't put over in a way which is intended to wind people up.

anyone unable to constructively respond to any differing opinion is going to cry windup and sonia poulton interviewing some fringe character over a year ago can hardly be called being on the case. she got involved properley a couple months ago when she sensed a story. she is, after all, freelance.

Very Happy
Provided she gets some sort of alternative view out there, who cares? This is a democracy, or at least it was last time I looked. She's free to make any film she likes. The mainstream channels are equally free not to buy it or air it, which is sadly what I think will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:45 pm

Resistor wrote:
Marky wrote:

Very Happy
Provided she gets some sort of alternative view out there, who cares?  This is a democracy, or at least it was last time I looked.  She's free to make any film she likes.  The mainstream channels are equally free not to buy it or air it, which is sadly what I think will happen.

and there's the rub. it may well be sold as such but more than likely be someone different singing the same old song. as for the main streams, they'll probably steer well clear for fear of any law suit.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 27 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm

Resistor wrote:
Marky wrote:

Very Happy
Provided she gets some sort of alternative view out there, who cares?  This is a democracy, or at least it was last time I looked.  She's free to make any film she likes.  The mainstream channels are equally free not to buy it or air it, which is sadly what I think will happen.

I think we should support people like Sonia Poulton for putting their heads above the parapet for Madeleine. It's more than 99.9% of journalists or other 'women with opinions' have done.
margaret
margaret

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowena Sat 27 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm

Picking up on Marky's point about Sonia getting involved following Brenda's death. Up until then many had taken a passive interest, reading updates and perhaps taking time to post a comment or two. However, Brenda's death was a pivotal point. The shock and outrage was palpable on twitter and facebook. No longer were people prepared to sit back and stay quiet. And neither was Sonia. Until then I dont think she had any thoughts of making a docu about the case. For many, the doorstepping of Brenda, played out on 24 hr rolling news, was a step too far. Clearly Sonia felt it was too. I wish her well and hope her docu gets answers to the questions surrounding Brenda's death.
Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixta Sat 27 Dec 2014, 9:22 pm

I don´t agree with exposing who people are on the internet: it was wrong to do it to Brenda and it will be equally wrong if this lady exposes others. We may disagree with their opinions, but don´t we all want freedom of speech?
Ixta
Ixta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sat 27 Dec 2014, 9:40 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Cristobell,  how clued-up was she when she interviewed you?

Sonia smelled a rat a long time ago Dee Coy, she has been commenting on McCann case on twitter for a couple of years now. Those of us who tweet know she is an ally, she stands out because we have so few. She is probably the most high profile negative McCann commentator out there. Ironically, she now stands on the same side as her nemesis Kate Hopkins, two strong women who don't mince words. I'm taking this as a good sign, it seems strong women are getting all the top jobs in this case and I'm pretty sure they are not taken in by Kate's doe eyes or capitulating to Gerry's 'this I is how it is' brusque manner.

Sonia has certainly been around the case much longer than Richard T. Hall, and she had the good sense to steer clear of Tony Bennett whose interviews have made the entire anti movement look like fruitloops and zealots. In defence of her interview with Stephen Birch, she was reporting the case overall and Birch was current news. As a journalist it is not her job to report who is right or who is wrong, it is to present the news as it is.

As for Sonia's past, present or future connections, writing is a tough business - probably one of the toughest out there and Sonia is competing with the big boys (and girls), she has to be good to have reached the position she has. If the research of a reporter like Martin Brunt is lacking or in any way flawed, it will be covered over for the greater good, but if reporters further down the rungs make the same or similar mistakes, their careers are over.

I thought the latest video she released showed her looking wonderfully calm and relaxed, not quite the cat that's got the cream, but certainly like a lady who's got a scoop in the bag. The McCann House of Cards is tumbling down and I think Sonia's enigmatic smiles tells us she knows this.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sun 28 Dec 2014, 12:54 am

Marky wrote:i hope she doesn't let you down but i suspect that she will. Very Happy

Why on earth would you put a smiley in a post like that?
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowena Sun 28 Dec 2014, 1:27 am

Meteor wrote:
Marky wrote:i hope she doesn't let you down but i suspect that she will. Very Happy

I guess he is another one who is fearful of strong minded, intelligent women Very Happy
Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Sun 28 Dec 2014, 7:10 am

Rowena wrote:
Meteor wrote:

I guess he is another one who is fearful of strong minded, intelligent women Very Happy

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 28 Dec 2014, 8:29 am

Some of us know Marky from another place; sadly he suffers from an extreme case of "inappropriate-smiley-iconism-usage".

The medical profession is still seeking a cure for it.

I wouldn't normally reveal personal information about a member but I think that, in this case, the need for the public to know outweighs the personal privacy issue.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Sun 28 Dec 2014, 8:36 am

Freedom wrote:Some of us know Marky from another place; sadly he suffers from an extreme case of "inappropriate-smiley-iconism-usage".

I wouldn't normally reveal personal information about a member but I think that, in this case, the need for the public to know outweighs the personal privacy issue.

outed. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

Marky wrote:
Freedom wrote:Some of us know Marky from another place; sadly he suffers from an extreme case of "inappropriate-smiley-iconism-usage".

outed.  Very Happy
How can you be "outed" when you keep the same handle everywhere you go? Mad Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 28 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

I think he means that his sad medical condition has been outed, rather than he himself.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Sun 28 Dec 2014, 10:23 am

Freedom wrote:I think he means that his sad medical condition has been outed, rather than he himself.

the shame, the shame. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  nobodythereeither Sun 28 Dec 2014, 12:46 pm

Resistor wrote:[

How can you be "outed" when you keep the same handle everywhere you go? Mad Razz

Having the same user name doesn't necessarily mean the same in real life.

I used to have a different user name, can't remember whether on the Mirror forum or the 3As or both, and when 3As (I think) folded somebody took my user name and registered with it on another Maddie forum.

Nothing I could do.

I had to change mine, and hope that people would realise that the other person wasn't "me".
nobodythereeither
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowena Wed 31 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm

Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 01 Jan 2015, 3:12 pm

He who is always right has just posted another blistering attack on Sonia Poulton. Now that Tigger exposed his libellous activities regarding the business interests of the wrong Mr Smith, he must be more careful about attacking any Mr Smith so I think Sonia has become his 'Smithman.' he needs to be attacking someone! He's now brought in the Holly Greig case to add to her other alleged errors of judgement. He hasn't even mentioned his recent horrendous error on CMOMM which Tigger exposed, let alone his many past errors of judgement like leafleting the Rothley area, taking the case for neglect against the MCCanns, using Michael Shrimpton as his barrister in an unrelated case, ignoring the Carter-Ruck injunctions resulting in him having paying out money from his pension for years to come when other people were saying the same things as him and it was not necessary to sacrifice himself in the cause of freedom of speech.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Thu 01 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

I have seen it too.

Interestingly, his post condemns Poulton to be someone who  is " at best, an egoist with fixed ideas."

Hmm, so there you have it. He just hates competition.
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 4:14 pm

Thetruth wrote:I have seen it too.

Interestingly, his post condemns Poulton to be someone who  is " at best, an egoist with fixed ideas."

There are clearly no mirrors in his house, then.
On second thoughts, he probably doesn't cast a reflection anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 01 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm

It saddens me that there is nearly as much discussion about TB than poor Maddie across both forums. Crying or Very sad

Maybe another forum could be setup named CMOTB? Idea

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 01 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm

I take your point about the new forum CMOTB. After 7 years and no recent new info. its hard for forum addicts to move the debate on. But I do hate people on the same side attacking one another and being very hypocritical with it so I just had to comment on the post on CMOMM. If I registered there and posted what I did here I would be immediately banned even though I think my comment was fair.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowena Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:14 pm

Resistor wrote:
Thetruth wrote:I have seen it too.

There are clearly no mirrors in his house, then.
On second thoughts, he probably doesn't cast a reflection anyway.

Seems he hates the idea of anyone else stealing his thunder, especially when that someone is a strong-minded and determined woman.  He is best ignored.
Rowena
Rowena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next