Matt Oldfield and his checks

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Scrants on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:13 pm

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_Up_to_His_Neck.html

Interesting piece here from L-azzeri regarding MO's checks. Why didn't he go at 10pm when Kate did or ask her to check on his child?
avatar
Scrants

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Eta: (from topic Lest of Facts by Johanna)

114 Matthew Oldfield described the curtains in 5A as being yellow and green when in fact they were pink/mauve
115 Matthew Oldfield described the little table with a lamp as being round when in fact it was square
116 Matthew Oldfield claimed the children's bedroom had two windows when in fact it had only one.
117 Matthew Oldfield desribed a bookshelf in 5A that he looked along during his check when in fact there was no bookshelf to look along
118 Yellow/green curtains, a lamp on a round table and a bookshelf were part of apartment 5D and not 5A
119 Matthew Oldfield initially stated that Kate and the children had been at the tennis court Thursday afternoon contradicting everybody else
120 Matthew Oldfield claimed he met the Paynes and Dianne Webster on Thursday night near the top of the road, David Payne states he met him at the pool area and Fiona Payne states she met him outside of 5A. Dianne Webster never saw him at all and thinks he was not at the restaurant when they arrived.
121 Jane Tanner claimed she had done a listening check on the Oldfield window on May 2nd although Rachael Oldfield was allegedly sick inside the apartment


So why was MO so familiar with the ROB apartment? Was 5D used as the baby club? Would make some sense as it's on the ground floor.
Remember that they too had a baby monitor (ROB and JT) but were not allowed to mention this apparently and only did in the rogs. However - Johanna again. - it was mentioned in The Times in December.
Not long after it be ame known that ROB and JT wished to change their statements.

Keep also in mind that (no ref. sorry) Gerry allegedly said that he'd put the twins back in their 'own apartment'
When moving them from 5a.
Keep in mind that -somebody may have to correct me on this - nanny Pennington said that the twins were not in the apartment when she was there soon after ten. If so, they must have been moved back there?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

I've always believed that the Rog interviews took place to show up any discrepancies from the the interviews given to the PJ, which they have, otherwise I can't see the point of the Rog interviews taking place.

Many people keep asking why the Tapas 9 aren't taken in for re-interviewing but they have already given their statements to the PJ and in the Rog iinterviews. Those words can't be changed and can be used against them. There is no need for them to be reinterviewed after 7 years. They stated what they did all those years ago and those statements are on file for anyone to read.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:I've always believed that the Rog interviews took place to show up any discrepancies from the the interviews given to the PJ, which they have, otherwise I can't see the point of the Rog interviews taking place.

Many people keep asking why the Tapas 9 aren't taken in for re-interviewing but they have already given their statements to the PJ and in the Rog iinterviews.  Those words can't be changed and can be used against them.  There is no need for them to be reinterviewed after 7 years.  They stated what they did all those years ago and those statements are on file for anyone to read.

I agree that re-interviewing them without arrests having been made would be non productive as they may just see it as an opportunity to massage any discrepancies that have been highlighted over the years.
"Oh I didn`t mean that" "It was all so fraught at the time" What I meant was..." etc
For all time their statements are there with the significant alterations recorded so that WHEN a case can be brought against the perpetrators, they can be hoist by their own pertard.
I personally think until they are in the witness box in a court of law any new statements would only serve to dilute the prosecution`s case.
Put them on the stand with perjury as a consequence of lying and see what transpires.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:I've always believed that the Rog interviews took place to show up any discrepancies from the the interviews given to the PJ, which they have, otherwise I can't see the point of the Rog interviews taking place.

Many people keep asking why the Tapas 9 aren't taken in for re-interviewing but they have already given their statements to the PJ and in the Rog iinterviews. Those words can't be changed and can be used against them. There is no need for them to be reinterviewed after 7 years. They stated what they did all those years ago and those statements are on file for anyone to read.
What about David Payne's relevant information that he didn't divulge because the rogi. interview was not 'the right forum'. Is this not worth bringing him in to account?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:I've always believed that the Rog interviews took place to show up any discrepancies from the the interviews given to the PJ, which they have, otherwise I can't see the point of the Rog interviews taking place.

Many people keep asking why the Tapas 9 aren't taken in for re-interviewing but they have already given their statements to the PJ and in the Rog iinterviews.  Those words can't be changed and can be used against them.  There is no need for them to be reinterviewed after 7 years.  They stated what they did all those years ago and those statements are on file for anyone to read.
What about David Payne's relevant information that he didn't divulge because the rogi. interview was not 'the right forum'. Is this not worth bringing him in to account?

Haven't some statements been withheld?  Perhaps his later interview is one of them.  We don't know what has been going on in the background regarding further interviews etc, neither should we.  Nobody has had any insight to any other cases over the past 7 years as far as I can remember, whatever has been printed in the press re Madeleine is what the press wanted to print, I doubt if any of it has much foundation and is only printed to sell yet more newspapers and/or has been supplied by their highly paid spin doctor.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:I've always believed that the Rog interviews took place to show up any discrepancies from the the interviews given to the PJ, which they have, otherwise I can't see the point of the Rog interviews taking place.

Many people keep asking why the Tapas 9 aren't taken in for re-interviewing but they have already given their statements to the PJ and in the Rog iinterviews.  Those words can't be changed and can be used against them.  There is no need for them to be reinterviewed after 7 years.  They stated what they did all those years ago and those statements are on file for anyone to read.
What about David Payne's relevant information that he didn't divulge because the rogi. interview was not 'the right forum'. Is this not worth bringing him in to account?

Haven't some statements been withheld?  Perhaps his later interview is one of them.  We don't know what has been going on in the background regarding further interviews etc, neither should we.  Nobody has had any insight to any other cases over the past 7 years as far as I can remember, whatever has been printed in the press re Madeleine is what the press wanted to print, I doubt if any of it has much foundation and is only printed to sell yet more newspapers and/or has been supplied by their highly paid spin doctor.
With all due respect you are just guessing an answer, I gave an instance where further questioning is needed imo and you've contradicted yourself with the 'they stated what they did all those years ago and those statements are on file for anyone to read' chat. There is a lot that we don't know whether held back or not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  hicks on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Tigger wrote:Eta: (from topic Lest of Facts by Johanna)

114 Matthew Oldfield described the curtains in 5A as being yellow and green when in fact they were pink/mauve
115 Matthew Oldfield described the little table with a lamp as being round when in fact it was square
116 Matthew Oldfield claimed the children's bedroom had two windows when in fact it had only one.
117 Matthew Oldfield desribed a bookshelf in 5A that he looked along during his check when in fact there was no bookshelf to look along
118 Yellow/green curtains, a lamp on a round table and a bookshelf were part of apartment 5D and not 5A
119 Matthew Oldfield initially stated that Kate and the children had been at the tennis court Thursday afternoon contradicting everybody else
120 Matthew Oldfield claimed he met the Paynes and Dianne Webster on Thursday night near the top of the road, David Payne states he met him at the pool area and Fiona Payne states she met him outside of 5A. Dianne Webster never saw him at all and thinks he was not at the restaurant when they arrived.
121 Jane Tanner claimed she had done a listening check on the Oldfield window on May 2nd although Rachael Oldfield was allegedly sick inside the apartment


So why was MO so familiar with the ROB apartment? Was 5D used as the baby club?  Would make some sense as it's on the ground floor.
Remember that they too had a baby monitor (ROB and JT)  but were not allowed to mention this  apparently and only did in the rogs. However - Johanna again. - it was mentioned in The Times in December.
Not long after it be ame known that ROB and JT wished to change their statements.

Keep also in mind that (no ref. sorry) Gerry allegedly said that he'd put the twins back in their 'own apartment'
When moving them from 5a.
Keep in mind that -somebody may have to correct me on this - nanny Pennington said that the twins were not in the apartment when she was there soon after ten. If so, they must have been moved back there?

Yes tigger that's correct. Charlotte observed that on entering the apartment there were 'no children in the room'. She goes on to say,' the twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCann's friends'. But the twins were in their cots, in the children's bedroom, when the GNR arrived. The GNR noted that the twins did not stir, nor did they have any bedding on such a cool night.
Imo they were elsewhere, while the charade of Kate finding Madeleine missing from her room was played out. Mr Amaral wondered why she would leave the twins alone when raising the alarm running to the bar. Imo the twins were most likely not in the room at that point.

I maintain that Madeleine's bed was staged with the cover turned back like that. I would have ripped those covers off looking for an answer.

In the early stages it was reported that Madeleine had been sleeping 'in between the twins' when she was taken.
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 pm

hicks wrote:
Tigger wrote:Eta: (from topic Lest of Facts by Johanna)

114 Matthew Oldfield described the curtains in 5A as being yellow and green when in fact they were pink/mauve
115 Matthew Oldfield described the little table with a lamp as being round when in fact it was square
116 Matthew Oldfield claimed the children's bedroom had two windows when in fact it had only one.
117 Matthew Oldfield desribed a bookshelf in 5A that he looked along during his check when in fact there was no bookshelf to look along
118 Yellow/green curtains, a lamp on a round table and a bookshelf were part of apartment 5D and not 5A
119 Matthew Oldfield initially stated that Kate and the children had been at the tennis court Thursday afternoon contradicting everybody else
120 Matthew Oldfield claimed he met the Paynes and Dianne Webster on Thursday night near the top of the road, David Payne states he met him at the pool area and Fiona Payne states she met him outside of 5A. Dianne Webster never saw him at all and thinks he was not at the restaurant when they arrived.
121 Jane Tanner claimed she had done a listening check on the Oldfield window on May 2nd although Rachael Oldfield was allegedly sick inside the apartment


So why was MO so familiar with the ROB apartment? Was 5D used as the baby club?  Would make some sense as it's on the ground floor.
Remember that they too had a baby monitor (ROB and JT)  but were not allowed to mention this  apparently and only did in the rogs. However - Johanna again. - it was mentioned in The Times in December.
Not long after it be ame known that ROB and JT wished to change their statements.

Keep also in mind that (no ref. sorry) Gerry allegedly said that he'd put the twins back in their 'own apartment'
When moving them from 5a.
Keep in mind that -somebody may have to correct me on this - nanny Pennington said that the twins were not in the apartment when she was there soon after ten. If so, they must have been moved back there?

Yes tigger that's correct. Charlotte observed that on entering the apartment there were 'no children in the room'. She goes on to say,' the twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCann's friends'. But the twins were in their cots, in the children's bedroom, when the GNR arrived. The GNR noted that the twins did not stir, nor did they have any bedding on such a cool night.
Imo they were elsewhere, while the charade of Kate finding Madeleine missing from her room was played out. Mr Amaral wondered why she would leave the twins alone when raising the alarm running to the bar. Imo the twins were most likely not in the room at that point.

I maintain that Madeleine's bed was staged with the cover turned back like that. I would have ripped those covers off looking for an answer.

In the early stages it was reported that Madeleine had been sleeping 'in between the twins' when she was taken.

Iirc the GNR commented on how the twins cots had no bed sheets, you wouldn't allow your tots to sleep directly on the mattresses especially those in a holiday rental. I don't believe the twins were sleeping in 5a that night (and probably others)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Dee Coy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:21 pm

hicks wrote:
Tigger wrote:Eta: (from topic Lest of Facts by Johanna)

114 Matthew Oldfield described the curtains in 5A as being yellow and green when in fact they were pink/mauve
115 Matthew Oldfield described the little table with a lamp as being round when in fact it was square
116 Matthew Oldfield claimed the children's bedroom had two windows when in fact it had only one.
117 Matthew Oldfield desribed a bookshelf in 5A that he looked along during his check when in fact there was no bookshelf to look along
118 Yellow/green curtains, a lamp on a round table and a bookshelf were part of apartment 5D and not 5A
119 Matthew Oldfield initially stated that Kate and the children had been at the tennis court Thursday afternoon contradicting everybody else
120 Matthew Oldfield claimed he met the Paynes and Dianne Webster on Thursday night near the top of the road, David Payne states he met him at the pool area and Fiona Payne states she met him outside of 5A. Dianne Webster never saw him at all and thinks he was not at the restaurant when they arrived.
121 Jane Tanner claimed she had done a listening check on the Oldfield window on May 2nd although Rachael Oldfield was allegedly sick inside the apartment


So why was MO so familiar with the ROB apartment? Was 5D used as the baby club?  Would make some sense as it's on the ground floor.
Remember that they too had a baby monitor (ROB and JT)  but were not allowed to mention this  apparently and only did in the rogs. However - Johanna again. - it was mentioned in The Times in December.
Not long after it be ame known that ROB and JT wished to change their statements.

Keep also in mind that (no ref. sorry) Gerry allegedly said that he'd put the twins back in their 'own apartment'
When moving them from 5a.
Keep in mind that -somebody may have to correct me on this - nanny Pennington said that the twins were not in the apartment when she was there soon after ten. If so, they must have been moved back there?

Yes tigger that's correct. Charlotte observed that on entering the apartment there were 'no children in the room'. She goes on to say,' the twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCann's friends'. But the twins were in their cots, in the children's bedroom, when the GNR arrived. The GNR noted that the twins did not stir, nor did they have any bedding on such a cool night.
Imo they were elsewhere, while the charade of Kate finding Madeleine missing from her room was played out. Mr Amaral wondered why she would leave the twins alone when raising the alarm running to the bar. Imo the twins were most likely not in the room at that point.

I maintain that Madeleine's bed was staged with the cover turned back like that. I would have ripped those covers off looking for an answer.

In the early stages it was reported that Madeleine had been sleeping 'in between the twins' when she was taken.

hicks, as ever, you are extremely astute.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Poppy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 pm

It stinks to high heaven.
avatar
Poppy

Posts : 275
Join date : 2014-08-30
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Justformaddiemccann on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:30 am

What's strange to me is that every parent knows that a young child's face should never be covered with a blanket, yet MO claims he couldn't tell which direction the Twins' head was facing, also, that he seen "bits of breathing". We also know that young babies are always put down to sleep with their feet to the bottom of a cot or crib to prevent them wriggling down under the covers to prevent suffocation. Still, he didn't even see Madeleine at all! For me, the question is why he agreed to check (if he did, or didn't) on this night of all nights?
IMO

Learnt two new things in 2 days! Getting better at this!


Last edited by Justformaddiemccann on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just having a proud moment!)

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
Justformaddiemccann

Posts : 322
Join date : 2014-08-31
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Dee Coy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

Dee Coy wrote:

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_in_Over_HisHead.html

L-azzeri is having a go at Oldfield at the moment.

It seems that not only did the Oldfields not know the McCanns, first impressions weren't great.

She makes much of the fact that both were annoyed with each other for making one or other of the checks that night.

But what's also interesting is that Gerry and Oldfield made a point of not sitting next to each other at the table on the 3rd, as Gerry felt he had 'bored the pants' off Oldfield the previous night - the 2nd, when they were all out drinking late (crying night) and Rachael Oldfield took her turn to be ill and stayed at home. (Incidentally,  the Oldfields were in the next apartment,  5b, so why didn't she hear the crying?)

It sounds as if GM was a laugh-a-minute bloke to be with. Not forgetting he was the only one upwardly mobile from a working class background and therefore trying to break into the middle-middle bracket already occupied by the other members of the group. In my experience that sort of person tends to be loud, brash and dominant during conversation and situations.

Which all begs the questions, why did they all get so embroiled? Why this loyalty and the willingness to form the 'pact'?

All for a new mate that wasn't very pleasant company?

Of course, all the above regarding the various characters is purely my own interpretation and opinion.

Posted this in the airport bus thread, but it's probably better off here - apologies.

L-azzari has chucked up some interesting observations recently regarding Oldfield's and Gerry's checks. She seems to think that Oldfield felt slighted when GM immediately got up to do a check after he'd 'listened at the window'. And GM also was annoyed that MO has done this.

Anyone know where these mutual states of annoyance are confirmed?

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_Up_to_His_Neck.html

L-azzari has writtn more interesting things anout this. Check out 'Billy no Mates' where Oldfield alludes tomthe sharing childcare between the group!


_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  hicks on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Here is a clip of Gerry's sister and mother from the 5th May 2007.

Regarding Matt Oldfield, and what he states in his statement, this fits nicely on this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwPWmi11xQ.

@ 0.17 Trish says, The three children were sleeping in the one room, the twins, Sean and Amelie....EITHER SIDE OF MADELEINE.

In the first reports on the story this was often stated.

I am only speculating that in the first hour the McCann's rang family back home with the news, and details about the children's room. We know from the photos taken by the PJ that Madeleine's bed was placed against the wall. Was it decided, just after the alarm, and before the GNR arrived, that it would be better to move the bed by the wall to make it seem easier for an abductor to get in the room and take Madeleine away with ease?

Could this be another clue that the room staged?




avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Meteor on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:17 pm

The photographs that were taken by the Portuguese police depict a scene that just does not look right. Madeleine's bed looked so staged, as others have pointed out, and in my opinion the twins were in another apartment before being moved there to complete the scene once the alarm was raised.

However, the sloppy presentation and glaring problems in statements/rogs indicates that it probably didn't all quite go to plan on the night. They didn't think through the whole 'why would Kate leave the twins sleeping in a room an abductor had been in while she raised the alarm' type interrogation such a scenario would obviously spark. Added to what MO has said and you begin to question whether or not he even knew the layout of that bedroom.

When cross-checked with the 2009 mockumentary perhaps more inconsistencies may come to light?
avatar
Meteor

Posts : 66
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Lioned on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Oldfield confirms he was miffed that GM got up to check again as he'd just done a 'check' !

In the crimewatch deconstruction it says he got up to do his 'listening ' check at around 9.30 so kate didnt need to go.

So now go back to Oldfields rog statement and you will read that he says he did that 'listening' check at 5 to 9. or about 9.
He then goes on to wonder why gerry has to go and do another check a little after 9.

Reply "So, erm, back to the table, erm, we have, oh, back to the table, Gerry got up to go and, to go and check on his kids, I mean, and I'd come back and said, you know, I didn't hear any noise when I listened outside your room, so I thought it was a little bit odd that, you know, not kind of a wounded pride that he sort of didn't trust me, but, erm, I just thought, oh, you know, I've just checked you don't really need to check and sort of, you know, sort of go back, but, erm, he sort of got up and went back to check on, erm, on his kids. But, you know, you don't, you know, we're all sort of responsible for our own children and you wouldn't sort of say, you know, you don't need to do that, I just sort of felt, oh I've listened, you don't need to do that because I've kind of just done it, but I hadn't gone into the apartment, so, erm".



So why did gerry go back to check again immediately after Oldfields check ?

This would have given gerry the opportunity to 'deal' with Maddie.Maybe he then saw Jez and had to put Maddie down in the flowerbed temporary ?

Oldfields 'check' at 9.30 according to SY is questionable ? Maybe next check was kates,a little earlier than 10.

Kate screaming and in the confusion gerry gets Maddie and hotfoots it down to the Smiths.

How is he not seen i dont know but for gerry to be Smithman he's got to be away from the table at around the time SY say Oldfield 'check' which they say was 9.30 but that is not true according to the Rog statement.

Please can someone else check this for me and see if it makes sense ?

Eta.Just to say that even if their is some confusion over the time,even if SY got it right at 9.30, the statement is quite clear that gerry got up immediately after Oldfield !
avatar
Lioned

Posts : 567
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 102
Location : Top of the Hill

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_in_Over_HisHead.html

L-azzeri is having a go at Oldfield at the moment.

It seems that not only did the Oldfields not know the McCanns, first impressions weren't great.

She makes much of the fact that both were annoyed with each other for making one or other of the checks that night.

But what's also interesting is that Gerry and Oldfield made a point of not sitting next to each other at the table on the 3rd, as Gerry felt he had 'bored the pants' off Oldfield the previous night - the 2nd, when they were all out drinking late (crying night) and Rachael Oldfield took her turn to be ill and stayed at home. (Incidentally,  the Oldfields were in the next apartment,  5b, so why didn't she hear the crying?)
It sounds as if GM was a laugh-a-minute bloke to be with. Not forgetting he was the only one upwardly mobile from a working class background and therefore trying to break into the middle-middle bracket already occupied by the other members of the group. In my experience that sort of person tends to be loud, brash and dominant during conversation and situations.

Which all begs the questions, why did they all get so embroiled? Why this loyalty and the willingness to form the 'pact'?

All for a new mate that wasn't very pleasant company?

Of course, all the above regarding the various characters is purely my own interpretation and opinion.

Posted this in the airport bus thread, but it's probably better off here - apologies.

L-azzari has chucked up some interesting observations recently regarding Oldfield's and Gerry's checks. She seems to think that Oldfield felt slighted when GM immediately got up to do a check after he'd 'listened at the window'. And GM also was annoyed that MO has done this.

Anyone know where these mutual states of annoyance are confirmed?

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_Up_to_His_Neck.html

L-azzari has writtn more interesting things anout this. Check out 'Billy no Mates' where Oldfield alludes tomthe sharing childcare between the group!


The child crying was heard by Mrs Fenn on the night of 1st May, it's in her PJ statement (2nd paragraph down) -

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

"She also refers to the day of the 1st May 2007, when she was at home alone, at approximately 22.30 she heard a child cry, and that due the tone of the crying seemed to be a young child and not a baby of two years of age or younger. Apart from the crying that continued for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes, and which got louder and more expressive, the child shouted ?Daddy, Daddy?, the witness had no doubt that the noise came from the floor below. At about 23.45, an hour and fifteen minutes after the crying began, she heard the parents arrive, she did not see them, but she heard the patio doors open, she was quite worried as the crying had gone on for more than an hour and had gradually got worse."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is the McCanns and CM who are trying to twist facts and make everyone believe that the crying was on 2nd May.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Lioned on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_in_Over_HisHead.html

L-azzeri is having a go at Oldfield at the moment.

It seems that not only did the Oldfields not know the McCanns, first impressions weren't great.

She makes much of the fact that both were annoyed with each other for making one or other of the checks that night.

But what's also interesting is that Gerry and Oldfield made a point of not sitting next to each other at the table on the 3rd, as Gerry felt he had 'bored the pants' off Oldfield the previous night - the 2nd, when they were all out drinking late (crying night) and Rachael Oldfield took her turn to be ill and stayed at home. (Incidentally,  the Oldfields were in the next apartment,  5b, so why didn't she hear the crying?)

It sounds as if GM was a laugh-a-minute bloke to be with. Not forgetting he was the only one upwardly mobile from a working class background and therefore trying to break into the middle-middle bracket already occupied by the other members of the group. In my experience that sort of person tends to be loud, brash and dominant during conversation and situations.

Which all begs the questions, why did they all get so embroiled? Why this loyalty and the willingness to form the 'pact'?

All for a new mate that wasn't very pleasant company?

Of course, all the above regarding the various characters is purely my own interpretation and opinion.

Posted this in the airport bus thread, but it's probably better off here - apologies.

L-azzari has chucked up some interesting observations recently regarding Oldfield's and Gerry's checks. She seems to think that Oldfield felt slighted when GM immediately got up to do a check after he'd 'listened at the window'. And GM also was annoyed that MO has done this.

Anyone know where these mutual states of annoyance are confirmed?

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Oldfield_Up_to_His_Neck.html

L-azzari has writtn more interesting things anout this. Check out 'Billy no Mates' where Oldfield alludes tomthe sharing childcare between the group!


In MO Rog statement April 08.I have posted a section above Dee Coy incase you missed it.
I spent a long time working out how/when gerrySmithman went walkabouts.
avatar
Lioned

Posts : 567
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 102
Location : Top of the Hill

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Châtelaine on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:13 pm

IMO an "Oldfield" 9:30 pm check had to be fiddled in, as there was according to Tapas staff a male missing from the table then. NO mother would allow a stranger to her children to check them physically. In the most innocent way, what if he woke them up? Scared them? Had to run back to Tapas and get one of their parents to sooth them? Ridiculous. Apart from that, indeed his statements don't make sense. Wrong curtains, wrong table, non-existing book-shelf and "seeing" the twins, but not Madeleine. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes ...
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Dee Coy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:15 pm

@Don't Forget Madeleine.  Thanks for clarifying the date. So 1st May was crying night. So were they out late drinking every night? 1 May was quiz night  - did they all go to the Chaplins after the quiz? I understand a OC worker was sent there to fetch them back? Or was that the 2nd, when Gerry bored the pants off Matt?

Confusing or what!


ETA Of course it was Chaplins not the Millennium - thank you Chatelaine. Wouldn't mind, but I've even googled Chaplins to find out about quiz nights there! Doh.


Last edited by Dee Coy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Chaplins not Millennium.)

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Dee Coy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:21 pm

@Lioned. It makes you wonder if Gerry was angry at Matt because he'd interfered with the times things were planned to happen. A listening check done by Oldfield encroached on Gerry needing to get up at 9.30 (to go?). People may have - and now have done - commented on why he needed to 'check' so soon after the 'helpful' Oldfield?

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IMO an "Oldfield" 9:30 pm check had to be fiddled in, as there was according to Tapas staff a male missing from the table then. NO mother would allow a stranger to her children to check them physically. In the most innocent way, what if he woke them up? Scared them? Had to run back to Tapas and get one of their parents to sooth them? Ridiculous. Apart from that, indeed his statements don't make sense. Wrong curtains, wrong table, non-existing book-shelf and "seeing" the twins, but not Madeleine. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes ...

Didn't a number if not all of the T7 say that they'd never been in 5a before the night in question?

Doesn't sound very friendly in a way. Yet MO describes 5D , we may assume that he knew it well enough to describe so many details from memory.

But then it seems Kate Healy wasn't au fait with 5a either, as it sadly missed a high ledge for cuddlecat.
I wonder if there was a high ledge in 5D and if possibly 5D was the makeshift evening creche.

Didn't the waiters say that no- one got up from the table generally?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Imo, Oldfield was supposed to find the shutters open, the curtains whooshing, and Maddie gone.  Only he didn't look properly.  He came back as though nothing had happened.  Hence Gerry's panic, suddenly he has to "go and check"..


Last edited by candyfloss on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : imo)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

I also remember in the times before the review and investigation, there was a story in the NotW basically trying to blame Oldfield for "Not looking properly" I can't find the original headline, but I found this text on McCann files

Our poignant picture at the top of the page also reveals the view into Madeleine’s bedroom that must haunt family friend Matthew Oldfield.

It highlights the tragic but innocent error he made when he checked on the children at 9.30pm while the McCanns were at the nearby tapas bar with the other adults in the party.

The wardrobe
There was room for the kidnapper to hide inside Maddie's fitted wardrobe.

From the hall, where he looked into the room, our pictures show that Matthew could only see the bottom corner of Madeleine’s bed.

The twins’ travel cots were beyond on the floor in full view. Seeing them sleeping, he assumed—most probably wrongly—that all was well.

The telltale sign that the kidnapper could already have struck was the open bedroom door—for Gerry had closed it just 25 minutes earlier.
Culprit

Our photos heartbreakingly spell out that if Matthew had only walked a few feet further into the room he could have raised the alarm 35 minutes earlier, giving the police a real chance of catching the culprit.

I always felt on reading that, that it was a warning from team McCann, that they had the power at that point to make him look really bad if he started changing his stories and telling the truth imo

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Châtelaine on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:43 pm

@ Tigger
It's strange, IMO too, that T7 had never been in 5A. When on holiday in a group, you tend to check out / look at your friends/family accommodation too. If MO described in fact RO'B's apartment, I get even more alerted ... Also, because both went on checking children at 9:30pm :-(
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum