MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Oldfield and his checks

+20
Ferrino
Heisenburg
costello
What's_up_doc?
Helenmeg
Walt
Andrew
Mo
dogs don't lie
paracetamol
gbwales
Châtelaine
Lioned
Meteor
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Dee Coy
hicks
chirpyinsect
Scrants
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Matt Oldfield and his checks - Page 2 Empty Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Châtelaine Sun 23 Nov 2014, 6:49 pm

Dee Coy wrote:@Don't Forget Madeleine.  Thanks for clarifying the date. So 1st May was crying night. So were they out late drinking every night? 1 May was quiz night  - did they all go to the Millennium after the quiz? I understand a OC worker was sent there to fetch them back? Or was that the 2nd, when Gerry bored the pants off Matt?

Confusing or what!
It's been "purported" that they went to Chaplins and were called back by OC staff, because of the crying. And, allegedly were offers free baby sitting, which they - allegedly again - didn't accept ....
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 23 Nov 2014, 7:32 pm

And this makes you reflect on who was 'in the loop'.

Much said here might suggest MO wasn't.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent.

Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 23 Nov 2014, 7:34 pm

No problem.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sun 23 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm

Resistor wrote:Imo, Oldfield was supposed to find the shutters open, the curtains whooshing, and Maddie gone.  Only he didn't look properly.  He came back as though nothing had happened.  Hence Gerry's panic, suddenly he has to "go and check"..

So, in that theory, the stage has been set for that but for whatever reason, hasn't gone to plan because Oldfield messed up, chickened out or didn't do what he was told?
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Nov 2014, 9:02 pm

Just been reading the MO rog,now he says that GM went away from the table just after he had got back,but I can't see any mention of GM returning,have I missed it? or did he not return?

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 23 Nov 2014, 9:12 pm

Meteor wrote:
Resistor wrote:Imo, Oldfield was supposed to find the shutters open, the curtains whooshing, and Maddie gone.  Only he didn't look properly.  He came back as though nothing had happened.  Hence Gerry's panic, suddenly he has to "go and check"..

So, in that theory, the stage has been set for that but for whatever reason, hasn't gone to plan because Oldfield messed up, chickened out or didn't do what he was told?

Or checked the wrong apartment. Given his description was an entirely different flat.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sun 23 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

Sorry, I should have realized. Very possible.
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:05 pm

If he said he saw the twins breathing they of course could have been in a different apartment and not in the cots in 5a with the solid ends, therefore if they were on an ordinary bed he may well have seen them breathing.  I've just remembered that didn't GM say at one time inadvertently something about "the bed the twins were on" in an interview then corrected himself?  It vaguely rings a bell.

That would also account for the twins being brought back into 5a before the alarm was raised having been in another apartment.

Does that make sense?  I'm getting very confused now, it's getting late  Smile

Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:46 pm

Perfect sense. He was trussed up like a kipper I reckon and the fact he described the wrong apartment means he didn`t listen too well to the plan.  
I`m thinking the shutters etc were to be done just before the alarm but someone not in the loop was present which meant that didn`t happen but the relatives back home were primed to say they were and got the time wrong due to thinking PT was 1 hour ahead.  Now what else happened with a 1 hour difference?
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Mon 24 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

Tigger wrote:
Keep in mind that -somebody may have to correct me on this - nanny Pennington said that the twins were not in the apartment when she was there soon after ten. If so, they must have been moved back there?

She did - although she says she thought they had been taken out already....

Bizarrely, she also in her initial police statement said she never entered the apartment. >>> http://mccannfiles.com/id70.html

Last edited by gbwales on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

There's a video interview - I forget which one - of Gerry saying that "the twins were sleeping on the..... er, in their cots".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 12:14 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IMO an "Oldfield" 9:30 pm check had to be fiddled in, as there was according to Tapas staff a male missing from the table then. NO mother would allow a stranger to her children to check them physically. In the most innocent way, what if he woke them up? Scared them? Had to run back to Tapas and get one of their parents to sooth them? Ridiculous. Apart from that, indeed his statements don't make sense. Wrong curtains, wrong table, non-existing book-shelf and "seeing" the twins, but not Madeleine. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes ...

Is this where the myth originated, about Kate knowing that Madeleine had been "taken" because Cuddle Cat was left "on a high shelf"?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

Tigger wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:IMO an "Oldfield" 9:30 pm check had to be fiddled in, as there was according to Tapas staff a male missing from the table then. NO mother would allow a stranger to her children to check them physically. In the most innocent way, what if he woke them up? Scared them? Had to run back to Tapas and get one of their parents to sooth them? Ridiculous. Apart from that, indeed his statements don't make sense. Wrong curtains, wrong table, non-existing book-shelf and "seeing" the twins, but not Madeleine. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes ...

Didn't a number if not all of the T7 say that they'd never been in 5a before the night in question?

Doesn't sound very friendly in a way. Yet MO describes 5D , we may assume that he knew it well enough to describe so many details from memory.

But then it seems Kate Healy wasn't au fait with 5a either, as it sadly missed a high ledge for cuddlecat.
I wonder if there was a high ledge in 5D and if possibly 5D was the makeshift evening creche.

Didn't the waiters say that no- one got up from the table generally?

The waiters said that Russell O'Brien left for about 15 minutes - *by himself* - and then another male left for 30 minutes (not necessarily after O'Brien's return), and both of the waiters who claimed this said they thought the second person to leave was Gerry.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 24 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm

Resistor wrote:There's a video interview - I forget which one - of Gerry saying that "the twins were sleeping on the..... er, in their cots".

From Vanity Fair interview.

It wasn’t until Kate walked into the villa at 10 and felt a sickening breeze—the front window had been jimmied open—that she realized something terrible had happened. “The scene was stark,” Gerry tells me. On one bed the twins lay sleeping. In the next lay only the plush cat toy Madeleine was never without. That was when Kate came out screaming, “Madeleine has gone!”

Yet Ccat was supposed to be on a high shelf and the twins in separate cots.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  paracetamol Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:06 am

Oldfield has no other choice but to tell the truth and I believe he did it already, on an onofficial way.
Worse is the fact that Kate opened the door for Payne, wrapped in a towel, and he could not remember it.
paracetamol
paracetamol

Back to top Go down

Post  paracetamol Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:10 am

paracetamol wrote:Oldfield has no other choice but to tell the truth and I believe he did it already, on an onofficial way.
Worse is the fact that Kate opened the door for Payne, wrapped in a towel, and he could not remember it.

It is possible that the new public prosecuter is taking ill because she has to analyse all of those lies.
paracetamol
paracetamol

Back to top Go down

Post  paracetamol Thu 27 Nov 2014, 2:23 am

If Oldfield had gone to the wrong apartment that fatal night, he would have realized his mistake when he was filmed for Gerry's documentary.
paracetamol
paracetamol

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 27 Nov 2014, 7:57 am

paracetamol wrote:
paracetamol wrote:Oldfield has no other choice but to tell the truth and I believe he did it already, on an onofficial way.

It is possible that the new public prosecuter is taking ill because she has to analyse all of those lies.

Haha paracetamol, I'd be ill too if I had to suss all this out!

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:14 am

paracetamol wrote:If Oldfield had gone to the wrong apartment that fatal night, he would have realized his mistake when he was filmed for Gerry's documentary.

When did Oldfield give this statement? 4th May he says this:

At around 9.25pm, the interviewee went into his apartment and Madeleine's apartment to check on the children. He states that the door of the bedroom that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots. That he couldn't see the bed occupied by Madeleine, but as it was all quiet, he deduced that she was sleeping. That the light was not from an artificial source inside the apartment, but perhaps something coming from outside through the bedroom window. That it seemed to him that the shutters of the Master' bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.

The apartment has two bedrooms, a lounge, a small kitchen and a bathroom. The couple's bedroom has a window which is visible from the restaurant. The children's bedroom windows look out on the road outside the tourist complex. Then the interviewee went back to the restaurant.

He states that the bedroom has two windows. The twins occupy two cots placed in the middle of the room and Madeleine occupies a bed pushed against the wall, facing the wall which has the two windows that look out onto the outside of the complex. That the door through which he entered the apartment was closed but not locked. That he doesn't know if it is usual for Madeleine's parents to leave the door closed but not locked because that door is visible from the restaurant.

So I would assume there was some kind of pow wow after the statements were given where GM would realise MO had described the wrong apt.
Yet he still describes the curtains wrongly in his rog statement of 9/4/08.
4078 'Okay. Could you see anything else from where you were stood''

Reply 'The rest is just sort vague impressions of, erm, of the colour of the curtains, I couldn't tell what particular pattern, but I just remember green and yellow with that. And there may have been a duvet on the back bed behind the two cots. But nothing else specific'.

Oooh Matthew. Brain leak or what?

I wonder when he was put straight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 27 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm

quote  from MO " He states that the door of the bedroom that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots

Yet 30 minutes later Kate could not make Maddie out in the bed, due to the lack of light in that room.

If Maddie at 9.30 was not there for MO to see, due to the abduction alleged via Tanner sighting to have taken place 15 minutes earlier, the shutters were up by the time of Oldfield's check... this is the implication of the light levels in the room and his seeing the rise and fall of the twins' chests.... yes, from outside the door and through mesh cots]!]. And of course he is trying to place the door as being open wide enough for him to see in without opening it more.
So, scene set. Abduction by Tannerman between Gerry and Matt's checks. He had opened the bedroom door and shutters.

Yet 30 minutes later, with the same light levels , sufficient for Oldfield to see the detail of the twins' breathing from the little passageway outside of the bedroom, Kate, standing at the door, so closer and with the same amount of light, when looking in could not tell if the shape she could see was Maddie or the bedclothes.

How does that work?

Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 27 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

It doesn't...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:13 pm

And if cc was left on a high shelf, it would've been taken by forensics for any DNA evidence, but what was found on it was cadaver odour!
Imo

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 14 Feb 2015, 8:23 pm

In KMs book she mentions the run she went with MO. She says a small dog run out from under a bench and bit her leg. I'm near sure ive read that she'd been attacked by proberly 12 dogs on a run at some stage. Does this mean KM was attacked by dogs twice in PDL whilst on a run?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm

I think K is telling yet another porky in regards to the dog biting incident.

IMO.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 14 Feb 2015, 8:37 pm

Andrew wrote:I think K is telling yet another porky in regards to the dog biting incident.

IMO.

Aha, but one or two porkies? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next