Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Freedom on Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm

Guest wrote:It seems to me (if you read the internet anyway) that the new religion of the day is conspiracy theories. Seriously why don't you believe that things happen as you are told? Every man is a paedofile. Every policeman is corrupt. Every government official makes everything up to hide their dodgy dealings from the stupid people. All these things happen and none of its real. All to control us? Really!

What a way to live.

I worked for the government for many many years. None of this stuff goes on. Do u really think that every civil servant is gonna just turn a blind eye and say nothing.  I'm a normal person with normal morals. I don't think so!!

Back in the day conspiracy theorists were loons. David Icke their god, and derided. What has changed for it to be normal?! The internet has opened my eyes to how many nut jobs around.

This is Dawnie's first post here. Her posts aren't hidden, just showing as from a guest, which is what happens when an account is deleted.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:20 pm

The hidden posts are from Marky, and yes he was banned - he was given so many chances yet still disrupted and argued, so I had no choice.  If a poster deletes themselves or asks to be deleted their posts stay, but they show as guest.  Marky's post still show with his name as he was banned not deleted, but you need to click on message to see it.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:28 pm

candyfloss wrote:The hidden posts are from Marky, and yes he was banned - he was given so many chances yet still disrupted and argued, so I had no choice.  If a poster deletes themselves or asks to be deleted their posts stay, but they show as guest.  Marky's post still show with his name as he was banned not deleted, but you need to click on message to see it.

Sorry Candy, sort of flicked through the thread after I had read a couple of pages and assumed that the banned member was Dawnie C, but as you probably realise, this is a subject that I feel quite strongly about, so had hit the "reply" button without having read the entire thread and as such, jumped to conclusions

Back to top Go down

The Lindbergh baby case

Post  Freedom on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 9:34 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindbergh_kidnapping

I thought I'd start a topic on this case as it's been mentioned elsewhere.

The publicity from day one regarding this mysterious disappearance was understandable because of the worldwide fame of the child's father.

Maybe one day we'll know what it was about the McCanns that made their case equally publicised.

My mother talked to me about it and, though this was long before the truth of every event was questioned, she felt that there were things that people weren't being told.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 11:57 pm

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/02/10/pravda-putin-threatens-to-release-satellite-evidence-of-911/

Feels like 1980 again. Does Russia have this evidence?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 11:52 am

I'm resurrecting this topic in case anyone wants to talk about Sandy Hook (as has been mentioned elsewhere today) or any other non McCann events which are not what they seem.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:16 pm

I don't believe Al-Megrahi was responsible for Lockerbie and I think Alex Salmond was quite right to order his release.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:36 am

There's been a bit of a ding dong on a Facebook group as to whether the Moon landings ever really happened. This has been mentioned here before but I don't think that the issue of the Van Allen radiation belts has.

http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/van-allen-probes-spot-impenetrable-barrier-in-space

Do we have anyone here with more scientific knowledge than me (shouldn't be hard to find someone who knows more than me!) who can state definitively whether humans could survive travelling through them? People on Facebook are saying that it is completely impossible and thus nobody could have landed on the Moon.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:54 am

Freedom wrote:There's been a bit of a ding dong on a Facebook group as to whether the Moon landings ever really happened. This has been mentioned here before but I don't think that the issue of the Van Allen radiation belts has.

http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/van-allen-probes-spot-impenetrable-barrier-in-space

Do we have anyone here with more scientific knowledge than me (shouldn't be hard to find someone who knows more than me!) who can state definitively whether humans could survive travelling through them? People on Facebook are saying that it is completely impossible and thus nobody could have landed on the Moon.

No scientific knowledge but a book I was given many years ago called "Nasa Mooned America" by Ralph Rene talked in depth about the scientific reasons such travel would be impossible including the V A belt.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.checktheevidence.com/pdf/Ralph%2520Rene%2520-%2520NASA_mooned_america.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi38-fnv73LAhWCTBQKHUeCCMcQFghEMAg&usg=AFQjCNHvJ5lHbcVS5hdIx91UuaGGYpP07A

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add link.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 11:59 am

Thanks for that. I'll see if I can get a copy of the book as that will be easier for me to digest.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm

Freedom wrote:Thanks for that. I'll see if I can get a copy of the book as that will be easier for me to digest.

I think the link is to the book Freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:21 pm

It is yes but, poor old soul, I find it hard to read on a screen.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:40 pm

Freedom wrote:It is yes but, poor old soul, I find it hard to read on a screen.

Maybe you could enlarge the print.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:55 pm

I shall definitely do that as it would cost more than £50.00 (74 dollars) to order the book from America! It's not available on Amazon.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm

That book looks really interesting. Will enjoy reading that in due course.

Thanks for the link, Chirps.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 10:19 pm

Andrew wrote:That book looks really interesting. Will enjoy reading that in due course.

Thanks for the link, Chirps.

It gets very detailed to be honest which put me off but I got through about 2/3rds of it which was enough to convince me. I never believed it but didn't know why I didn't if you know what I mean. The book clinched it.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 11 May 2016, 9:38 am

Phoney child `refugee`

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg02c-invoc

Just popping this in the mix.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 11 May 2016, 9:54 am

I'm not sure if that's the same boy myself.

I've heard of a few cases where the same people were claimed to be in several incidents and most of them have been successfully debunked.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 11 May 2016, 10:32 am

Freedom wrote:I'm not sure if that's the same boy myself.

I've heard of a few cases where the same people were claimed to be in several incidents and most of them have been successfully debunked.

The ears don't lie.

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar on Sat 21 May 2016, 10:46 am

Bampots wrote:What it shows to me is how easy the system embraces errors which they then compound and defend  resulting in tragedy like this. They do do get it so very wrong and with devastating results!

There was one in Glasgow in the late sixties/early seventies.
Moira Meechan was murdered and a local sex pest called Coborough was convicted based on his confession to two coppers.
We now know that when Mrs Meechan left her mother's house to go home that evening the guy living next door was Peter Tobin the murderer.
Cobrough died in jail protesting his innocence.The High Court rejected his posthumous appeal.
Tobin is in jail saying sweet nothing.
The twenty odd word verbal confession as told by each of the coppers in court was identical which is implausible.
Now Coborough was not a nice man but by stitching him up the cops allowed Tobin to go on and commit as many as forty murders.
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 21 May 2016, 10:49 am

I've not heard of this one - I know about Peter Tobin though.

Is the name of the victim correct - I can't find any mention of the case.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar on Sat 21 May 2016, 10:59 am

Freedom wrote:I've not heard of this one - I know about Peter Tobin though.

Is the name of the victim correct - I can't find any mention of the case.

Sorry Freedom the victim's name was Dora Meechan
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 21 May 2016, 11:09 am

This is all I can find - a forum page from 2008.

http://pub46.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3920695613&frmid=18&msgid=1190618&cmd=show

The link given there to a story about Peter Tobin doesn't work now.

I'm surprised that this case isn't better known.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar on Sat 21 May 2016, 1:25 pm

All possible victims of Tobin are currently under review by a murder squad in Glasgow.
There was even a crimewatch programme dedicated to him,as you probably saw.
This one will be awkward for plod as not only did the original investigation mess up but so did the appeal judges.
Stay with me on this one Freedom,Tobin did it.

btw Moira was Dora's sister-in-law hence the confusion
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar on Sat 21 May 2016, 9:01 pm

DS George Much in paisley was so keen to tie up the Dora Meechan murder case that he stitched up Coborough.
My point being, in response to Bampots post and supporting his point,that when the police act as judge, jury and executioner then there is often a price to pay.
Tobin told a shrink in the Barlinnie Prison that he has a momento for everyone of his victims in the form of bracelets,trinkets etc.
Conservatives whispers in police circles are saying he may have murdered over fifty women.
That is a high price to pay just so you can get a promotion up the ranks.

I have amended the wording slightly to avoid further problems.

Last edited by dandaar on Sat 21 May 2016, 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top