Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 9:56 pm

Thomas Baden-Riess wrote:
dawnie_c wrote: Seriously why don't you believe that things happen as you are told?

Brilliant, if Carlsberg did irony. That should be put up as a forum banner

Ok yes yes fair enough.

I didn't quite word that right did I.

I'll try and explain what I meant in the other thread. But not tonight.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
So if I understand you correctly. you are saying we should just accept that everything we are told by officialdom is the way it happened. OK let`s begin with Hillsborough. Did that happen the way we were told?
If we are to accept that what TPTB tell us happens is gospel then we may as all well go home and read the MSM, listen to the BBC and behave like good little citizens.
And I object most strongly to being called a nut job because you believe everything you are told by the government that pays your wages.
I did not intend to finish the Christmas good spirits on here by having to defend my right to question anything I don`t accept. If you chose that path that is up to you but please respect others who prefer to look deeper.
Tell me why Dunblane is under 100 year lock down. Explain Sandy Hook.

What is tptb?

The only person making u finish your christmas like that is you. Dont take it all so seriously.

I'll reply tomorrow if I can be bothered.

And as for Sandy hook! One of the sickest conspiracy sever started.

I don't work for the government now they do not pay my wages. I said I used to. So you accuse civil servants of all being corrupt?

Oh and no you didn't understand my post correctly.


Last edited by dawnie_c on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Freedom on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:04 pm

TPTB = the powers that be.

It's just that what you said is a bit surprising. If we all believed the official stories about everything (no matter how ridiculous they are) we wouldn't be here now on this forum!
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14689
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Scientific study reveals conspircy theorists the most sane of all

Post  Guest on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:18 pm

I wish these comments could be moved maybe please. So I can reply more clearly tomorrow when I'm on my pc. Phone doesn't help with clear thinking.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm

Not everybody is out to get you. Not everything you hear is a lie. Not every incident has a hidden agenda. some things are just as they seem. Sometimes you are not told everything for a reason. Because there is no need for you to know. So you make things up to make sense of it. Too many wild imaginations. It's not always sinister you know.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Freedom on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:54 pm

avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14689
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:59 pm

I've decided tonight I can't be arsed. Freedom can u delete my whole profile and comments please. Thanks very much. Please people don't take life so seriously. It doesn't mean u are stupid just because you don't want to live your life questioning every bloody thing you are told. Life is too short to be stuck on this shit. Go and enjoy it before you are gone! And remember from someone who worked at the government in a job that knows everything that goes on. Yes the bloody secretary's know everything trust me. I never once saw a conspiracy in all my days there.

Tony Blair (c you next tuesday) and back scratching yes. He got found out tho and it came out. As normal people ain't corrupt. And don't sit back and keep quiet.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Freedom on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

I can delete your comments but not your whole account; only Candyfloss can do that.

Please will you take time out and see if that's still what you want to do.

There's no reason for you to leave as far as I'm concerned.

We can't agree on everything.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14689
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Rob Royston on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:03 am

dawnie_c wrote:. Please people don't take life so seriously. It doesn't mean u are stupid just because you don't want to live your life questioning every bloody thing you are told. Life is too short to be stuck on this shit. Go and enjoy it before you are gone!

But life is serious. For some people around this World it is deadly serious and we cannot enjoy our lives when we are aware that our governments are responsible for the destruction of the lives of innocents.

Fifty years ago, beginning my apprenticeship, I was told not to believe anything I heard and only half of what I saw, in other words question everything as things are seldom what they appear to be, work things out for yourself as much as possible and thus become trusting in your own judgement. Today, education is geared to teach people to follow the rulebook, don't question why just look for the laid down procedures and get on with it. If we were to teach people in the old fashion today we would need to tell them not to believe anything they saw either as it will usually be in video format and we all know what can be done with pictures and videos.

People can enjoy life and still spend some of their time searching for truth and justice. It's the balance that's important. That balance can sometimes mean that more time than normal is spent on a particular subject that troubles us. This is how it should be, an enquiring mind should be the norm, unfortunately a lot of people have their minds shut down through their education and through the constant bombardment of misinformation by the media.

Rob Royston

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:16 am

Speaking as somebody who has been through education and attained a degree within the last 15 years, I can't agree with that.  Sounds like the old 'university of life' and 'school of hard knocks' line to me.  I know many people with various levels of degree, and they are virtually all good critical thinkers.  That old 'the more educated you are the less common sense you have' thing isn't remotely true.  Intelligence is good for lots of things, not just remembering facts.  And the 'nerd' stereotype is just something that the TV and film industry has created.  Hmm, here's another film with a bunch of kids, I wonder which one is the clever one?  Oh that's right - it's the one with the mad (or slicked back) hair, and glasses that are held together with a plaster.

@dawnie_c - I can see where you're coming from.  I only veer towards 'conspiracy theories' when I've seriously researched the evidence, and found the evidence to be overwhelming.  For me that includes the McCanns, and 9/11.  I don't automatically assume that governments or 'secret agencies' are behind everything.  It's not my default position - I require evidence first.

I would add to that though that I don't automatically assume that governments (or the media) always tell the truth either. Far from it. Like I said, I'm a curious person and I form my conclusions from evidence.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Mimi on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 5:55 am

Rob Royston wrote:
dawnie_c wrote:. Please people don't take life so seriously. It doesn't mean u are stupid just because you don't want to live your life questioning every bloody thing you are told. Life is too short to be stuck on this shit. Go and enjoy it before you are gone!  

But life is serious. For some people around this World it is deadly serious and we cannot enjoy our lives when we are aware that our governments are responsible for the destruction of the lives of innocents.

Fifty years ago, beginning my apprenticeship, I was told not to believe anything I heard and only half of what I saw, in other words question everything as things are seldom what they appear to be, work things out for yourself as much as possible and thus become trusting in your own judgement. Today, education is geared to teach people to follow the rulebook, don't question why just look for the laid down procedures and get on with it. If we were to teach people in the old fashion today we would need to tell them not to believe anything they saw either as it will usually be in video format and we all know what can be done with pictures and videos.

People can enjoy life and still spend some of their time searching for truth and justice. It's the balance that's important. That balance can sometimes mean that more time than normal is spent on a particular subject that troubles us. This is how it should be, an enquiring mind should be the norm, unfortunately a lot of people have their minds shut down through their education and through the constant bombardment of misinformation by the media.

Couldn`t agree more.



avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  chirpyinsect on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 6:39 am

dawnie_c wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:
So if I understand you correctly. you are saying we should just accept that everything we are told by officialdom is the way it happened. OK let`s begin with Hillsborough. Did that happen the way we were told?
If we are to accept that what TPTB tell us happens is gospel then we may as all well go home and read the MSM, listen to the BBC and behave like good little citizens.
And I object most strongly to being called a nut job because you believe everything you are told by the government that pays your wages.
I did not intend to finish the Christmas good spirits on here by having to defend my right to question anything I don`t accept. If you chose that path that is up to you but please respect others who prefer to look deeper.
Tell me why Dunblane is under 100 year lock down. Explain Sandy Hook.

What is tptb?

The only person making u finish your christmas like that is you. Dont take it all so seriously.

I'll reply tomorrow if I can be bothered.

And as for Sandy hook! One of the sickest conspiracy sever started.

I don't work for the government now they do not pay my wages. I said I used to. So you accuse civil servants of all being corrupt?

Oh and no you didn't understand my post correctly.

Then please explain your post without putting words in my mouth. Where did I accuse all civil servants of being corrupt? The Christmas good spirits are well and truly over if you go around calling others lunatics. Did you think no one would take you up on that?
You mention Sandy Hook as a sick conspiracy so they do exist then? Sometimes, for reasons we are not made aware of, governments do things for nefarious purposes. Fear is the biggest controlling factor a government can use to keep its people in check. What better way than to threaten our children?
The lust for power corrupts humanity and the fear of losing it makes politicians vulnerable. People with chequered pasts make the best puppets for those who wield the real power in our society.
You claim never to have witnessed a cover up in your working life. Doesn`t that just mean they never let you know about it?
Most people who question what goes on in this world do so with consideration. Most people open their eyes to the evidence around them and most people are not nut jobs as you so insultingly stated. We are just not prepared to accept that if something smells of sea bass it isn`t always fish.

avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4644
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Mimi on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 7:39 am

@ Tigger - "False flag ops are old as the hills."

So true - our world history formed by them.

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 9:22 am

@ dawnie_c
I know it's not a very nice feeling to seemingly have the whole forum jump on you, so I hope you don't take it personally. I too am only interested in conspiracies if the evidence is there, but you'd be surprised at how often it is there. To be honest though, before I caught on to the McCann case, I just believed everything I heard in the media.

And like Chirpy says, it's not a case of all civil servants being corrupt, nor either that all politicians are. In fact I would say that governments are not really the ones responsible for these incidents; rather governments are used and controlled to help cover them up.

@RobRoyston I entirely agree. The modern system of education is appalling. It's all about getting grades and meeting targets and there's no development of critical thought. When it comes to mathematics, science and engineering, this country completely fails to produce sufficient critical thinkers. But more worrying than that is that it took me 13 years to wake up to the inconsistencies of 9/11, which are jaw-droppingly obvious, even though I'd had a very good education. And talk to academics and graduates about 9/11 truth and they just won't hear of any of this 'conspiracy talk'.

For me 9/11 was the ultimate science education fail. If we had a proper education system, every science student, teacher and academic, would have stood up at the moment the planes went through the building, or when the towers fell, and said 'hang on, I'm not buying this'.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Mimi on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 11:48 am

10 False Flag Operations that shaped our world (and kept USA powerful !) by Joe Crubaugh

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Terrorism/10_False_Flag_Operations.html

Guy Fawkes is also said by some to be a false flag - James I wanting to garner hatred for Catholics.
avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:12 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
dawnie_c wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:
So if I understand you correctly. you are saying we should just accept that everything we are told by officialdom is the way it happened. OK let`s begin with Hillsborough. Did that happen the way we were told?
If we are to accept that what TPTB tell us happens is gospel then we may as all well go home and read the MSM, listen to the BBC and behave like good little citizens.
And I object most strongly to being called a nut job because you believe everything you are told by the government that pays your wages.
I did not intend to finish the Christmas good spirits on here by having to defend my right to question anything I don`t accept. If you chose that path that is up to you but please respect others who prefer to look deeper.
Tell me why Dunblane is under 100 year lock down. Explain Sandy Hook.

What is tptb?

The only person making u finish your christmas like that is you. Dont take it all so seriously.

I'll reply tomorrow if I can be bothered.

And as for Sandy hook! One of the sickest conspiracy sever started.

I don't work for the government now they do not pay my wages. I said I used to. So you accuse civil servants of all being corrupt?

Oh and no you didn't understand my post correctly.

Then please explain your post without putting words in my mouth. Where did I accuse all civil servants of being corrupt? The Christmas good spirits are well and truly over if you go around calling others lunatics. Did you think no one would take you up on that?
You mention Sandy Hook as a sick conspiracy so they do exist then? Sometimes, for reasons we are not made aware of, governments do things for nefarious purposes. Fear is the biggest controlling factor a government can use to keep its people in check. What better way than to threaten our children?
The lust for power corrupts humanity and the fear of losing it makes politicians vulnerable. People with chequered pasts make the best puppets for those who wield the real power in our society.
You claim never to have witnessed a cover up in your working life. Doesn`t that just mean they never let you know about it?
Most people who question what goes on in this world do so with consideration. Most people open their eyes to the evidence around them and most people are not nut jobs as you so insultingly stated. We are just not prepared to accept that if something smells of sea bass it isn`t always fish.


I can't discuss with you. You are my perfect example of what I am saying and you don't get it. So no point.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Mimi on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm

I didn`t realise Sandy Hook was just an exercise - mind you I haven`t kept up with this case.

http://www.politicalears.com/blog/fbi-report-no-deaths-at-sandy-hook-was-exercise-misreported-created-crisis/

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Mimi on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:17 pm

dawnie_c - I don`t think anyone here is saying that all establishments and establishment employees are all corrupt or `in on anything` - most employees are normal everyday honest people.

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  chirpyinsect on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:33 pm

Mimi wrote:I didn`t realise Sandy Hook was just an exercise - mind you I haven`t kept up with this case.

http://www.politicalears.com/blog/fbi-report-no-deaths-at-sandy-hook-was-exercise-misreported-created-crisis/


The FBI have had to admit it was an "exercise" because good people did not accept what was being sold to them. People were called conspiracy loons, but still asked questions. They did not shut up even when threatened and carried on digging until the truth came out.
Dawnie C I hate it when people throw an accusation into the mix then vanish once they are asked to explain what they mean. However to use your own vernacular, I can`t be arsed either so carry on with your opinions. I am not here to provide you with an outlet.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4644
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:44 pm

Mimi wrote:10 False Flag Operations that shaped our world (and kept USA powerful !) by Joe Crubaugh

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Terrorism/10_False_Flag_Operations.html

Guy Fawkes is also said by some to be a false flag - James I wanting to garner hatred for Catholics.

Brilliant piece. As much as I knew the Pullitzer prize was a sham, I didn't realise the person who it was named after was also in the business of media manipulation.

As we've been on the theme of education today: pity they don't really teach this stuff in schools. And I guess even when they do -- as they do with the Nazi stuff -- it's the same deal as with 9/11 physics: we don't teach kids to be critical thinkers and to apply what they learn to the world they are in now.

I can't help admiring Goering (see quote below) for his intelligence. I sometimes think the conspiracy theorists and the conspiracy makers are just twins separated at birth, who chose to do differently with their intelligence.


Hermann Göring stated: "Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

dawnie_c wrote:


I can't discuss with you. You are my perfect example of what I am saying and you don't get it. So no point.


The non-conspiracy theorists can never argue, though in fairness to them it's just cognitive dissonance, and I've had it myself as well plenty of times in the past.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

wlbts wrote:Speaking as somebody who has been through education and attained a degree within the last 15 years, I can't agree with that.  Sounds like the old 'university of life' and 'school of hard knocks' line to me.  I know many people with various levels of degree, and they are virtually all good critical thinkers.  That old 'the more educated you are the less common sense you have' thing isn't remotely true.  Intelligence is good for lots of things, not just remembering facts.  And the 'nerd' stereotype is just something that the TV and film industry has created.  Hmm, here's another film with a bunch of kids, I wonder which one is the clever one?  Oh that's right - it's the one with the mad (or slicked back) hair, and glasses that are held together with a plaster.

@dawnie_c - I can see where you're coming from.  I only veer towards 'conspiracy theories' when I've seriously researched the evidence, and found the evidence to be overwhelming.  For me that includes the McCanns, and 9/11.  I don't automatically assume that governments or 'secret agencies' are behind everything.  It's not my default position - I require evidence first.

I would add to that though that I don't automatically assume that governments (or the media) always tell the truth either.  Far from it.  Like I said, I'm a curious person and I form my conclusions from evidence.

WLBTS you seem to understand what I am trying to say, whilst I'm struggling to explain it. The next bit isn't aimed at you.

Yes things are covered up. I get that. (Hillsborough)

Yes people tell lies. I get that. (McCanns)

Isn't it just as simple as individuals are trying to save their necks?

When I use the word conspiracy I don't mean it as every lie ever told.

I mean it as Sandy Hook (never happened). 9/11 (the US government plotted it) London Bombings (haven't read what people think is wrong with that, not going to) The Royal Family (lizards and paedofiles), the moon landings (happened in a studio), JFK (the secret services did it).

The Police and Government are all covering up for the McCanns.

I mean really? Logic and common sense flying out the window.

TB is prime example of supposed educated man. Thick as shit. Not an ounce of common sense. To the point of dangerous. A disciple of David Icke. Except back in the day David Icke was laughed at. The likes of TB are now taken seriously.

I'm going to give an example of how things worked in the civil service in my day. My boss, being top of their department would naturally receive the letters from concerned general public. As secretary I would open, read them and pass them on to relevant people to reply. Boss person cannot realistically reply to these. More important things to do you understand that. You would get the Tony Bennett's of this world writing on a weekly basis. Wanting to know the ins and outs workings of my bosses arse. Not accepting any reply given. Cos we were lying. Taking up hours of the day, trying to find a suitable reply that would passify them. They don't need to know every bloody minutiaie of what goes on. You can't tell them everything. Some things can't be explained and are confidential for very good reasons. Not to try to pull the wool over anyones eyes. Just because it is. So when I see him over there sending in yet another FOI request I know exactly what that department is thinking.  Yes we say it. The loon has written in again! Who's turn to reply this time? That is real life people. That is how things work.

Does that go some way to explain where I am coming from?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:04 pm

That's why I think the MSM have carte blanche. 

They seem to be nothing but a tool to determine public opinion. 

Goering  also said something about the common man. If you run a farm and you have to go to war, what's in it for you when the best you can expect is to get back to the farm in one piece. However, you will want to fight if you're told you will otherwise  lose all you have. 

Both Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde have said that most people's opinions are not  their own:

Wilde: 
Most people are other people. their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation'. 

Twain: 
In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:05 pm

Thomas Baden-Riess wrote:
dawnie_c wrote:


I can't discuss with you. You are my perfect example of what I am saying and you don't get it. So no point.


The non-conspiracy theorists can never argue, though in fairness to them it's just cognitive dissonance, and I've had it myself as well plenty of times in the past.
I cannot argue as I went to a shit school. Not because I'm thick. Thank you.

I also cannot argue with her cos she twists everything.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Guest on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

There are 2 things going on in this thread.

One - people who want to question lies. Fair enough.

Two - people who create the most outrageous scenarios to fit some loon theory.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum