MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

+48
Walt
Honeyblade
poster
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
nobodythereeither
cherry
Magnum
wjk
gbwales
Mo
Acorn1
End
Inca
kylie
dantezebu
Popcorn
Ixta
TheTruthWillOut
myositis
crabbit
Beanie
chilli
marina
AndyB
chrissie
Scrants
Dee Coy
Admin
Antonia
mabossa ritchie
chris
Châtelaine
Freedom
Poe
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
bluebell
Andrew
PeterMac
costello
Bampots
Poppy
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Mimi
womandotcom
candyfloss
52 posters

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty Re: Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

Post  Poppy Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:10 pm

cheers cheers
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals defence fund.

Post  costello Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:45 pm

The fund is now £33,040. Fantastic.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 27 Jun 2015, 3:02 pm

costello wrote:The fund is now £33,040. Fantastic.

Excellent, costello, just shows there's a lot who don't believe Gonçalo Amaral messed up flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:38 am

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 CIlYlV6WcAAxxUW

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Graphics-smilies-465060
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty Brits take Maddie cop appeal fund to almost €46,000 - June 26, 2015

Post  Guest Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:41 am

http://portugalresident.com/brits-take-maddie-cop-appeal-fund-to-almost-%E2%82%AC46000

Brits take Maddie cop appeal fund to almost €46,000

In an amazing outpouring of support, British people donating to an online appeal have raised almost €46,000 to help former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral stand his corner against the parents of Madeleine McCann.

As newspapers have reported throughout the world, Amaral has been slapped with a €600,000 bill for the pain and anguish his book ‘The Truth of the Lie’ caused Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry.

In a poignant interview with Portuguese magazine Nova Gente, Amaral explained how the only thing keeping him alive since the verdict that went against him was his heart.

“My life is gone,” he said.

But he hadn’t bargained on the sheer volume of support, waiting to be rallied to his cause by a 22-year-old single mum from Birmingham, who was only 14 when Madeleine went missing from apartment 5a in the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz.

In six whirlwind weeks, almost 2,000 people have dug into their pockets, some again and again with tiny amounts, others occasionally with lump sums of £1000 at a time.

As we clocked off for the weekend, the fund was one person short of 2,000, with the amount collected standing at £32,675.

Leanne Baulch, the young woman behind the initiative, was “amazed”.

“I never imagined we would get this far,” she told us.

The money now will all be ploughed into Amaral fighting his appeal, lodged earlier this month, and likely to cost “at least £40,000”, explained Ms Baulch.

The long-running civil court case was lodged against Amaral by the McCanns in 2009 after he wrote his book explaining the theory that Madeleine had not been abducted at all.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 29 Jun 2015, 10:36 am

All going in the right direction too.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 03 Jul 2015, 1:24 pm

Slowed down a little but still on the up - and it's fiver Friday cheers

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 CI_RPuVW8AEWG5W

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Jul 2015, 11:09 am

Thanks to the people on twitter doing the screenshots, I can't do them.. Embarassed

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 CJIl83xXAAAGBiW
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty Gonçalo Amarals appeal

Post  Bampots Mon 06 Jul 2015, 6:05 am

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11457-goncalo-amaral-s-appeal

Posted by Mike today @ 2.02am on CMoMM

Chris Roberts posted on ‎The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ facebook group:

5 hrs · Edited ·

Goncalo Amaral’s appeal is as we know in the pipeline and the fund for that appeal continues to grow day by day.
I have heard it said by some that the latest judgment is in isolation to the 2010 Court of appeal judgment and because of that the 2015 judgment is irrelevant to it because the two trials were on different issues of the whole. Ergo, some say that his appeal is certain to fail.

Naïve but that’s to be expected from those blinded by hate.

Unusually there is however actually a modicum of truth in those “opinions” but as always, the devil is in the detail.

To briefly recap, the 2015 trial judge awarded damages to the McCanns for alleged damage caused by Amaral’s book and the 2010 Appeal Court hearing lifted the injunction on that book, much to the chagrin of the McCanns at the time.

They are therefore totally different cases and any connection between them is really a fairly tenuous link. On that basis one easily would think that the current appeal would indeed be doomed to failure…….except for one crucial and salient point.

In 2010 three High Court judges examined all of the evidence the McCanns presented and inter alia found and ruled that any and all damage alleged by the McCanns was either to be expected in the circumstance or perhaps most significantly, self inflicted as for example the “invasion of privacy”.

Given the McCann’s self publicising “strategy”, it’s not dissimilar to putting your hand into the flames and then trying to sue whoever sold you the matches.

That evidence has not changed, although augmented perhaps by young Sean imagining a Goncalo interview on the school bus radio, and yet acting on the very same evidence the judge in the recent trial found for the McCanns.

It is not only illogical ( with other potential adjectives readily available ) but it over rules the judgment handed down not only by the High Court of Appeal but also that of the Supreme Court.

All three courts have heard the SAME evidence and the appeal will now go back up the line to very same courts who discounted their allegations that the book caused damage.

For Goncalo’s appeal to fail, the higher courts must reconsider their earlier judgments and decide that they were wrong in favour of the decision of an inferior court. The specific case really doesn't matter because all evidence has been fully examined and by the superior courts, the McCanns were found "wanting" to say the least.

Now, I’m a gambling man and I understand perfectly well how the odds on say the Grand National are formulated. I really don’t think you’d find a bookie prepared to take a bet on the appeal failing because as I said, the devil is in the detail and that’s why Team McCann did their very best to sabotage the Goncalo appeal fund.

Welcome to gravity Mr and Mrs McCann.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JillHavernCompleteMysteryofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/1645245112386642/

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 6-2
Mike

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Arrows10 Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Arrows11

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty This seems a clear and sensible analysis of the situation

Post  PeterMac Mon 06 Jul 2015, 8:19 am

taken from
https://www.facebook.com/groups/JillHavernCompleteMysteryofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/1645245112386642/

Chris Roberts posted on ‎The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ facebook group:

Goncalo Amaral’s appeal is as we know in the pipeline and the fund for that appeal continues to grow day by day.
I have heard it said by some that the latest judgment is in isolation to the 2010 Court of appeal judgment and because of that the 2015 judgment is irrelevant to it because the two trials were on different issues of the whole. Ergo, some say that his appeal is certain to fail.

Naïve but that’s to be expected from those blinded by hate.

Unusually there is however actually a modicum of truth in those “opinions” but as always, the devil is in the detail.

To briefly recap, the 2015 trial judge awarded damages to the McCanns for alleged damage caused by Amaral’s book and the 2010 Appeal Court hearing lifted the injunction on that book, much to the chagrin of the McCanns at the time.

They are therefore totally different cases and any connection between them is really a fairly tenuous link. On that basis one easily would think that the current appeal would indeed be doomed to failure…….except for one crucial and salient point.

In 2010 three High Court judges examined all of the evidence the McCanns presented and inter alia found and ruled that any and all damage alleged by the McCanns was either to be expected in the circumstance or perhaps most significantly, self inflicted as for example the “invasion of privacy”.

Given the McCann’s self publicising “strategy”, it’s not dissimilar to putting your hand into the flames and then trying to sue whoever sold you the matches.

That evidence has not changed, although augmented perhaps by young Sean imagining a Goncalo interview on the school bus radio, and yet acting on the very same evidence the judge in the recent trial found for the McCanns.

It is not only illogical ( with other potential adjectives readily available ) but it over rules the judgment handed down not only by the High Court of Appeal but also that of the Supreme Court.

All three courts have heard the SAME evidence and the appeal will now go back up the line to very same courts who discounted their allegations that the book caused damage.

For Goncalo’s appeal to fail, the higher courts must reconsider their earlier judgments and decide that they were wrong in favour of the decision of an inferior court. The specific case really doesn't matter because all evidence has been fully examined and by the superior courts, the McCanns were found "wanting" to say the least.

Now, I’m a gambling man and I understand perfectly well how the odds on say the Grand National are formulated. I really don’t think you’d find a bookie prepared to take a bet on the appeal failing because as I said, the devil is in the detail and that’s why Team McCann did their very best to sabotage the Goncalo appeal fund.

Welcome to gravity Mr and Mrs McCann.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 06 Jul 2015, 8:39 am

Having seen what has happened so far, I wouldn't like to place a bet on Portuguese court rulings.

However, from my point of view, every pound or euro is someone saying to the McCanns, "This is not fair and I don't believe you."

Not everyone knows about the fund and not everyone can afford to donate so, from the "handful" of trolls the McCanns claim to have, to find that 2104 people have donated £33,790 must be their worst nightmare especially when their public financial support has effectively dried up.

Regardless of the Portuguese court, the McCanns are losing in the court of public opinion.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Jul 2015, 9:17 am

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 CJS1H0DWcAA7E5X

Didn't she also call another police officer a fu*****g  to***r? Shocked

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 07 Jul 2015, 9:22 am

What a great post there!
She did say that candyfloss, probably didn't wanna stoop as low as her to post it x

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:34 pm

WOW !!! It has gone over £34,000. cheers cheers cheers

Isn't that fantastic. lol!

I would love to c/p, but I can't.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:41 pm

bluebell wrote:

WOW !!!      It has gone over £34,000.   cheers cheers cheers

Isn't that fantastic.    lol!

I would love to c/p, but I can't.

Nor me, but dear cherry has put it on twitter just now....

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 CJbB9tVWsAAhZ_y

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:45 pm

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 <a href=Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Ga_j10" />

We MUST now be able to find a big Portuguese syndicate, Tourism industry, Lawyers, Police Officers . . .  to  put in a single big one to make the point.
Does anyone have contacts, friends, ?

The replies on all the "Un-Carter-Rucked sorry, un-moderated comments pages are very nearly unanimous.
No one believes anything they have said for the last 8 years, and everyone knows that Mitchell has merely been spreading the big lie on their behalf,
whilst pretending that he too actually believed them.
Or perhaps he DOES > > >!  That raises several interesting questions about his mental capabilities, of course.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 17 Jul 2015, 8:49 am

Richard David is claiming that there has been no appeal filed by GA. This is posted on the MM debate group on FB. Sorry can't copy it over. Anyone know if this is true or just another desperate straw clutching lie.?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:15 am

He is one of the most infamous McCann supporters there is.

Here is what he said.

Richard David
1 hr
So there has been no appeal by Gonzo, well well well. Do his supporters now feel that they have been deceived?
The pro-amaral online publication portugalresident appears to have been duped too or have they been complicit in the deception?
I have no sympathy for those paying into the fund believing it was towards Amaral's appeal. After all the warning signs were there when the wording relating to the purpose of the fund was slightly altered from donations towards legal expenses relating to the appeal to just legal expenses.
So what will happen now? The sheep continue to pay into the fund or the sheep turn nasty? It'll be interesting to watch.
btw don't forget it's 'fiver Friday' wink emoticon

Here is Dr A's post from the PJ website

15 Jun 2015
A Note of Gratitude

Dear friends,

Today, the 15th of June, my appeal against the sentence that has recently been produced in the trial concerning my book, "Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira", was filed at the Civil Court of Lisbon.

Now I serenely await the Appellate Court's decision, reaffirming my confidence in Portuguese Justice.

The wave of solidarity that was generated to support me has been very moving and makes me feel extremely humble. I am so very grateful to each and every one of you, who have supported me and continue to do so; none of this would have been possible without you.

Winston Churchill said: "All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honour; duty; mercy; hope."

Truth is also simple. It is truth that guides me, and it will continue to do so, in its simplicity and greatness.

Thank you very much.

Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral

I know which of the two I would believe and it isn't Lord of the Socks Richard David.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:28 am

I think it has been filed.  Here are some tweets.....

Denise Thomson ‏@Syn0nymph · Jul 11
@JillyCL @CaroleShooter Either too thick to understand or they just don't want to see that refs match #doh #mccann

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 CJqyN46WEAAihPL

JillyCL ‏@JillyCL · Jul 11
@CaroleShooter Unfortunately the #McCann #Shills are unable to see that the case reference numbers match. It's too difficult for them.

Win ‏@winnower1 · Jul 11
@Syn0nymph It is an orchestrated attempt to scare people off from donating to the Amaral defense fund. Simple & deceitful as that. #McCann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:29 am

Thanks Freedom. Obviously GA is the truthful one yet it amazes me that these idiots will post stuff that can be so easily refuted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Jul 2015, 9:42 am

Even if he hadn't made an appeal I'd be happy to donate money for his personal needs.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Fri 17 Jul 2015, 10:22 am

chirpyinsect wrote:Thanks Freedom. Obviously GA is the truthful one yet it amazes me that these idiots will post stuff that can be so easily refuted.
Never forget that the McCanns and the Tapas 7 made formal statements - which were easily refuted !
And since then various of them have appeared on TV making statements - which are easily refuted.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 10:38 am

Freedom wrote:He is one of the most infamous McCann supporters there is.

Here is what he said.

Richard David
1 hr
So there has been no appeal by Gonzo, well well well. Do his supporters now feel that they have been deceived?
The pro-amaral online publication portugalresident appears to have been duped too or have they been complicit in the deception?
I have no sympathy for those paying into the fund believing it was towards Amaral's appeal. After all the warning signs were there when the wording relating to the purpose of the fund was slightly altered from donations towards legal expenses relating to the appeal to just legal expenses.
So what will happen now? The sheep continue to pay into the fund or the sheep turn nasty? It'll be interesting to watch.
btw don't forget it's 'fiver Friday' wink emoticon

Here is Dr A's post from the PJ website

15 Jun 2015
A Note of Gratitude

Dear friends,

Today, the 15th of June, my appeal against the sentence that has recently been produced in the trial concerning my book, "Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira", was filed at the Civil Court of Lisbon.

Now I serenely await the Appellate Court's decision, reaffirming my confidence in Portuguese Justice.

The wave of solidarity that was generated to support me has been very moving and makes me feel extremely humble. I am so very grateful to each and every one of you, who have supported me and continue to do so; none of this would have been possible without you.

Winston Churchill said: "All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honour; duty; mercy; hope."

Truth is also simple. It is truth that guides me, and it will continue to do so, in its simplicity and greatness.

Thank you very much.

Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral

I know which of the two I would believe and it isn't Lord of the Socks Richard David.

That's quite right, there has been no appeal by anyone called Gonzo.  There is, however, an appeal lodged by someone called Gonçalo.
Over to you, Richard.  If that is even YOUR real name. Razz

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty Brits send Maddie cop’s appeal fund to €50,000

Post  candyfloss Mon 20 Jul 2015, 9:07 pm

Brits send Maddie cop’s appeal fund to €50,000

The wave of public support for former PJ investigator Gonçalo Amaral has hit a new record this week, with over €50,000 now amassed to help him fight his appeal over the €500,000-plus damages awarded against him in the long-running civil action taken out by the parents of Madeleine McCann.

But as supporters shared the news, calling it a victory for “people who put their heads above the parapet”, an internet campaign trying to prove “there is no appeal” and that Amaral is simply raising money under false pretences is trying to gather steam.

In a bid to establish the true picture, the Resident has been in touch with the offices of Isabel Duarte and Ricardo Correia, the lawyers acting for the McCanns. Dr Correia told us: “You are right. Gonçalo Amaral made an appeal on 15th June, and we replied on 13th July”. As to the length of time this appeal is likely to take, he was unsure. “It is an appeal that goes up in the ranking of the courts”, he told us, adding it would take “at least a month”. And as to why no lay person has been able to access these details via Portugal’s judicial website, CITIUS, he explained: “You aren’t able to get details unless you have a password and a log-in”. As a lawyer, you “don’t see any lawyer’s cases, just your own”, he added, which explains why anyone trying to research this case and where it stands will only ever find screenshots. With the August judicial holiday almost upon us, the chances of Amaral’s appeal being heard before October look slim - but in the meantime, the online appeal to help him pay legal costs is ongoing.

Intriguingly, this appeal that has joined over 2,000 people - many of them giving small amounts every week - has been virtually ignored by mainstream media. No one is sure why it is being ignored, but certainly the truth is that anyone who publicises it will then find themselves vilified online. As a legal expert agreed, “it is a curious mark of this case that anyone who does not comply with the accepted storyline will find him or herself being insulted, harassed and generally abused. I can see a story there, actually”. It is indeed a story. And as the expert warned: “You do realise that the minute you stop this rumour, they will find another one to bug you with, don’t you?”

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

http://portugalresident.com/brits-send-maddie-cop%E2%80%99s-appeal-fund-to-%E2%82%AC50000

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 26 Empty Re:Dr Amarals defence fund £35,050.

Post  costello Tue 21 Jul 2015, 4:49 am

Kudos to Freedom and Candyfloss taking the fund to £35.000. Fantastic.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next