MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

+29
margaret
Popcorn
Cristobell
joyce1938
gbwales
niklasericson
kylie
TheTruthWillOut
Walt
Bampots
mrjnh
Freedom
Jellybot
Dee Coy
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Châtelaine
Mimi
Mo
PMR
Hellsbells
Poe
costello
froggy
chirpyinsect
Honeyblade
chrissie
candyfloss
nobodythereeither
33 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:04 pm

This is all interesting (inc the timing with all the "activity" lately) but there is an elephant in the room with the PJ/PT authorities.

If this whole thing is the most elaborate whitewash ever attempted, why are Portugal so quiet?

I'm sorry but this is too big, too costly and too serious now to be hiding behind "secrecy laws". If it is a whitewash, shame on Portugal and its people for not complaining about this abuse.

Alternately, everything is going nicely to plan........
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

Post  Walt Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:This is all interesting (inc the timing with all the "activity" lately) but there is an elephant in the room with the PJ/PT authorities.

If this whole thing is the most elaborate whitewash ever attempted, why are Portugal so quiet?

I'm sorry but this is too big, too costly and too serious now to be hiding behind "secrecy laws". If it is a whitewash, shame on Portugal and its people for not complaining about this abuse.

Alternately, everything is going nicely to plan........

The PJ after having themselves rubbished have allowed OG?SY enough rope to hang themselves,they've done it in the shape of the farcical dig last year,Amaral said it was for show,OG/SY have dug a hole for themselves in following the abduction theory there is no exit strategy,they're keeping this small team for more show,it'll end in the not too distant future with we can't find enough evidence.
On the 10pm BBC news just now its stated that the Met still don't know what happened,if 29 didn't know 4 won't.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:25 pm

Pat Brown's take:

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/what-scaling-down-scotland-yard.html

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2015
What Scaling Down the Scotland Yard Madeleine McCann Investigation Means

Although I have quit running commentary on this case because I have always considered the Scotland Yard investigation to be a sham and any true closure of the Madeleine McCann case to be a ship long sailed, I would like to give my thoughts on what the "scaling down" of the investigation actually means:

The British investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been scaled down, from 29 officers to four as her parents say they have not given up hope of seeing their daughter again.

Scotland Yard insisted the probe continued but with a "smaller team", adding "Officers investigating her disappearance have completed the huge task of bringing together and investigating the massive amount of information held by colleagues in Portugal, the United Kingdom investigation and the private investigators working on behalf of the McCann family."

Some believe that this is good news, that Nicola Wall and Company have stopped running down all the leads in existence and now are focusing on the McCanns as the last suspects standing. As I have stated before, it is not a proper investigative method to eliminate everyone but the main suspects as it serves no purpose in forwarding the investigation and actually gives ammunition for the defense of the main suspects if the case ever got to court. The only reason to investigate half of the known world is because you haven't got a real clue as to who the culprits are or you are doing everything to keep busy and avoid focusing on them.

So, what I believe has been going on for the last number of years is fulfilling the remit, to investigate all leads with the specific requirement that the McCanns be considered cleared and off limits to further investigation. Why Scotland Yard has been unable to "solve" the crime so far either means the investigators accepted the abduction theory and simply have not been able to come up with a credible suspect or the known darn well no abduction occurred but haven't come up with a suspect they feel is convincing enough to foist on the public. Perhaps, they were told to simply make the investigation appear thorough and allow it to dwindle away with an eventual "We believe we know what happened and who did it but we haven't been able to get enough concrete evidence to take the person to court. Since he is (fill in the blank with "dead" or "already incarcerated for life") ________, we are administrately closing the investigation." I believe the heads of the investigation took on the task of the latter while detectives under them may well have been dutifully invested in the former.

Now, at this point in time, the public who is unhappy with the increasing cost of the investigation, can give a collective sigh that the investigation is being scaled down, be happy that Scotland Yard put out its full efforts to find the poor child, but satisfied that the public's money will not be required in such large quantities anymore, that just enough will be spent to keep an eye on possible new leads or confessions or sightings. The public has a short attention span and now that the big investigation is pretty much over and done with, we can all move on. Game over. The final statement can come later when pretty much the whole mess has faded away.

My opinion remains the same. This is a whitewash; always as been. The Scotland Yard investigation in no way represents the way a police department handles a true above-board investigation but has had all the hallmarks of a staged play. I have seen such charades before - not to this level - and the results are always the same; the truth stays hidden and life goes on.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

October 28,2015

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:29 pm

@Walt

So to add to my post above: SY willingly and without complaint allow themselves to become a laughing stock for some mysterious government reason. And wasting £12+ million of taxpayers money.

Makes perfect sense and nobody is going to question it!

They may have had a lot of slack from the media over the last four years but they will not get off lightly if they close this unsolved.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:33 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:@Walt

So to add to my post above: SY willingly and without complaint allow themselves to become a laughing stock for some mysterious government reason. And wasting £12+ million of taxpayers money.

Makes perfect sense and nobody is going to question it!

They may have had a lot of slack from the media over the last four years but they will not get off lightly if they close this unsolved.  

From the BBC

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, from the Met, said: "The Met was asked to take on this exceptional case as one of national interest.

National interest,we'll never know,if we won't know then what else can it be but a whitewash.

How many PJ officers were involved in the dig's? can't remember seeing any mentioned at the time,why one wonder's,they knew it was all for show.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:38 pm

Just watched Sky's version at 10 with interest. Brunt commented on the Portuguese investigation. Bit painstaking, but here's my transcript of what he said:

The Portuguese police reopened their abandoned investigation last year, but they're working in isolation from Scotland Yard and with a different theory. Critics still can't understand why the two forces aren't working together. The Metropolitan police said it had investigated 60 people of interest, it won't say if there are others, or how many.

Firstly, the PJ investigation was re-opened on 24 October 2013, Martin. But I'm fascinated by what you've said about the nature of their investigation:

...but they're working in isolation from Scotland Yard and with a different theory.

How come Sky are the only channel to pick up on this - all the other reports, and indeed the Met's own statement claim a close relationship between the two sides. I'm sticking with my theory that the Met want in but the PJ aren't opening the door. That's why they can't close OG fully - they don't know what the PJ have.

Just my opinion, again.

Our hopes are with the Portuguese investigation, I tell 'ee.

Last edited by Dee Coy on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct a misleading word)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:46 pm

Like I say Dee Coy, unless and until the PJ/Portugal come out with a press conference and state outright that the UK government with the help of the Met/SY are conducting a whitewash and bullying them
then it just isn't happening.

Does anyone seriously believe this is happening? I won't until Portugal come out state it. If they did I would bow out and concede the "game" is over. I will show PB what not ever commenting on a case again really looks like.Wink

Edit: And pray tell, if Sky/Brunt are right that the PJ are running a separate investigation etc then how could what SY/OG/UK are doing be legal?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm

I can't feel that this is anything but an attempted get out Pat Browns take is as good as anyone's! Look up 'Missing People' it's like a bad 70s movie where the hero is taken away and all the people who helped him transpire to be the baddies at the centre of the plot....Lady Myers,Bransons there,Lorraine,John Stapleton,Stephen Fry and goodness me,who is this ......why Kate of course! ......So they gonna throw her in jail next week........REALLY!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 Empty Re:BREAKING NEWS ON BBC-Madeleine McCann case :Police team cut to four.

Post  costello Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Just watched Sky's version at 10 with interest. Brunt commented on the Portuguese investigation. Bit painstaking, but here's my transcript of what he said:

The Portuguese police reopened their abandoned investigation last year, but they're working in isolation from Scotland Yard and with a different theory. Critics still can't understand why the two forces aren't working together. The Metropolitan police said it had investigated 60 people of interest, it won't say if there are others, or how many.

Firstly, the PJ investigation was re-opened on 24 October 2013, Martin. But I'm fascinated by what you've said about the nature of their investigation:

...but they're working in isolation from Scotland Yard and with a different theory.

How come Sky are the only channel to pick up on this - all the other reports, and indeed the Met's own statement claim a close relationship between the two sides. I'm sticking with my theory that the Met want in but the PJ aren't opening the door. That's why they can't close OG fully - they don't know what the PJ have.

Just my opinion, again.

Cheers Dee Coy, my faith restored. Dr.Amaral would never throw the towel in.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 Empty Nailed it! (IMO)

Post  mrjnh Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:58 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Just watched Sky's version at 10 with interest. Brunt commented on the Portuguese investigation. Bit painstaking, but here's my transcript of what he said:

Just my opinion, again.

Couldn't agree more, Coy Dee! Wink

Does it confirm Sky's bias, perhaps? If so, then they'd have to publish that, wouldn't they

Couldn't we say that PJ do 'owe' UK Police, in one way or another? And if so, is it now payback time? Smile
mrjnh
mrjnh

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:59 pm

I don't think the Portuguese will have let themselves be bullied. They'll just retain a dignified silence and announce their findings if they come to fruition - or they'll shelve again in 6 months times - at that point presumably opening their files to the world again.

If the Met have been given a further 6 months funding I'll bet my doll's house that that's how long is left of the PJ investigation. Last we heard was SY squawking about the DNA retests and trying to get the Portuguese to let them have the samples for UK testing again instead of European testing.

Sky reckons the 2 investigations remain apart and the PJ are working on a "different theory". Well, judging from the Met statement today, the number of people that have been investigated and the fact that they were focussing on the amount of crime and break-ins in the region prior to the disappearance, I think it's safe to say the SY theory was the abduction remit. So, if the PJ theory indifferent - i.e., NOT an abduction, then what is their theory?

Wonder what happened to that DNA retesting?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:06 pm

mrjnh wrote: Couldn't agree more, Coy Dee! Wink

Does it confirm Sky's bias, perhaps? If so, then they'd have to publish that, wouldn't they

Couldn't we say that PJ do 'owe' UK Police, in one way or another? And if so, is it now payback time? Smile

The fact that Sky are the only channel to report in this way, coupled with the Sun's forcing of the fund directors hands' to have the potential fraud of the fund investigated makes me wonder if Murdoch's going to squawk.

All this fevered activity we've seen over the last couple of weeks has been since the fragrant Ms Brooks returned to the helm. Just a thought. And having said this I have no idea why Murdoch should turn now.

{Ps: Ha - you've made me go all Coy Smile }

Back to top Go down

Post  mrjnh Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:12 pm

Ha ha, don't become shy about Sky's 'representations', they deserve everything they get! Wink
mrjnh
mrjnh

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:20 pm

No news in Portuguise papers.

http://portugalresident.com/
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  mrjnh Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:23 pm

Also, I have to agree that Portuguese Police won't be bullied, and surely hold all the cards in this particular game.

I think this article is well worth including in our comments. It very much has the tone that things are 'stacked' against the guilty couple: http://portugalresident.com/maddie-hunt-%E2%80%9Cdrastically%E2%80%9D-scaled-back-%E2%80%9C%C2%A310-million-spent-and-nothing-achieved%E2%80%9D-says-sky-news

Last edited by mrjnh on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrjnh
mrjnh

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:24 pm

Official Find Madeleine Campaign
3 hrs ·
We would like to thank all the staff from Operation Grange for the meticulous and painstaking work that they have carried out over the last four and a half years. The scale and difficulty of their task has never been in doubt. We are reassured that the investigation to find Madeleine has been significantly progressed and the MPS has a much clearer picture of the events in PDL leading up to Madeleine’s abduction in 2007.
Given that the review phase of the investigation is essentially completed, we fully understand the reasons why the team is being reduced. We would also like to thank the Home Office for continuing to support the investigation.
Whilst we do not know what happened to Madeleine, we remain hopeful that she may still be found given the ongoing lines of enquiry.
~Gerry and Kate McCann

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:27 pm

Given that the review phase of the investigation is essentially completed

Err....the "review" ended in July 2012. It then became a full investigation.

Team M playing with words?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:30 pm

I don`t believe Brunt when he says Grange and the PJ are separate.  It is in the establishment`s interest to keep the public thinking that the Portuguese are being difficult - always has been.  And it could be the theme of the endgame - all Portugal`s fault.

Maybe I`m off with the fairies but I`ve always thought that Nicola Wall could bring the two teams together. I wouldn`t believe Brunt whatever he said.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 Empty Re:BREAKING NEWS ON BBC-Madeleine McCann case :Police team cut to four.

Post  costello Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:37 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
mrjnh wrote: Couldn't agree more, Coy Dee! Wink

The fact that Sky are the only channel to report in this way, coupled with the Sun's forcing of the fund directors hands' to have the potential fraud of the fund investigated makes me wonder if Murdoch's going to squawk.

All this fevered activity we've seen over the last couple of weeks has been since the fragrant Ms Brooks returned to the helm. Just a thought. And having said this I have no idea why Murdoch should turn now.

{Ps: Ha - you've made me go all Coy Smile }

I have always believed Rebekah Brooks would be here for the finale. As for Murdoch, money, money, money.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:41 pm

This was the 2nd item on news at ten and the video that was chosen was the one where K&G come out of church laughing on Madeleine's 4th birthday.With all the video's available i have to wonder why they chose one that showed them in a bad light.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 29 Oct 2015, 12:04 am

Bottom line is there are two camps of thought about this latest news that can be represented by the following two Gifs. Pick your poison!

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 Post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-HD-gif-Imgur-2LEp

BREAKING NEWS ON BBC - Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four - Page 3 SLNbrCD

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  nobodythereeither Thu 29 Oct 2015, 12:28 am

Walt wrote:

The problem now is how to extract themselves from the mess they've created whilst totally ignoring the dogs.

And your evidence that they have ignored the dogs is - what, exactly?

ETA: I'm very interested in why some posters on here have such a very negative interpretation of what seems to be happening at the moment. But the proof of the pudding etc etc - let's wait and see, eh?

Me, I'm hopeful that truth will out and justice will be done. Fingers crossed xx
nobodythereeither
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 29 Oct 2015, 1:05 am

[quote="Bampots"][Post  Bampots Yesterday at 10 pm

I can't feel that this is anything but an attempted get out Pat Browns take is as good as anyone's! Look up 'Missing People' it's like a bad 70s movie where the hero is taken away and all the people who helped him transpire to be the baddies at the centre of the plot....Lady Myers,Bransons there,Lorraine,John Stapleton,Stephen Fry and goodness me,who is this ......why Kate of course! ......So they gonna throw her in jail next week........REALLY!/quote]

I hope your right nobodythereeither,but(aye there is always a but!), if said charridy had pushed out Kate and on Lorraine tomorrow (och I'm on holiday Bampots ..sic) she did a no holds barred in depth discussion about the mystery......then I maybe more optimistic. If it's all going to tumble soon don't you think Myers Branson et al would have been tipped a wink?
If it's upsetting I hold my tongue about this too! In fact I will 'haud ma wheesht'.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybot Thu 29 Oct 2015, 7:05 am

nobodythereeither wrote:
Walt wrote:

The problem now is how to extract themselves from the mess they've created whilst totally ignoring the dogs.

ETA: I'm very interested in why some  posters on here have such a very negative interpretation of what seems to be happening at the moment.  But the proof of the pudding etc etc - let's wait and see, eh?

Me, I'm hopeful that truth will out and justice will be done. Fingers crossed xx

The reason I expressed a negative view of og is because whenever they issue a statement which blatantly excludes MCs as suspects - as this one does by including an official statement from them in the met statement- people start wishfully thinking that this is all a grand ruse and arrests are just around the corner. I guess the cold reality is more depressing. I do however have faith in the Portuguese investigation but seriously doubt whether extradition would be allowed by UK gov.
Jellybot
Jellybot

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Thu 29 Oct 2015, 7:08 am

nobodythereeither wrote:
Walt wrote:

Can you really think that OG by investigating this bunch of reprobates [Officers have investigated more than 60 persons of interest. A total of 650 sex offenders have also been considered] are of an opinion that one or more would remove a cadaver from an apartment only to return some weeks later to place the cadaver in the back of an hire car and for that hirer not to notice but only to apparently leave the tail gate open to air the car,yeah right.The remit to search for an abduction doesn't consider this surely.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next