MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity deaths

+41
Guinea Pig
Freedom
Heisenburg
eltee
Tangled Web
What's_up_doc?
coppernob
Mimi
bluebell
froggy
candyfloss
dannii
Bloodhound
seahorse
Hope
Helenmeg
PMR
kylie
Mo
Dee Coy
Burst
nannygroves
Connie
Rosa canina
costello
Honeyblade
PeterMac
Poe
joyce1938
Bampots
wjk
chilli
Anne
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Châtelaine
womandotcom
hesla
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Admin
45 posters

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 6 Empty Re: Celebrity deaths

Post  Freedom Sun 14 Feb 2016, 10:46 am

I don't know if we have anyone who will even have heard of this group (I haven't but not surprising at my age) but how sad for their families and fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35572838

Five British nationals have died in a car crash in Sweden, the Foreign Office has said.
It is understood members of the indie band Viola Beach were killed in the accident, which happened on Saturday in the Swedish capital Stockholm.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 6 Empty Keith Emerson dies

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:51 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35787187&ved=0ahUKEwjw9eOf27nLAhVLcBoKHfeXBc4QqUMIKTAE&usg=AFQjCNGp3N6uXr6ZtkmeLlTPUQLlEw1MEQ

Keyboardist and progressive rock legend Keith Emerson has died aged 71, his former band Emerson, Lake and Palmer says.
"We regret to announce that Keith Emerson died last night at his home in Santa Monica, Los Angeles," the band's Facebook page said.
The statement asked for his family's privacy and grief to be respected.
Emerson was widely considered one of the top keyboard players of the progressive rock era.
Former bandmate Carl Palmer said on Facebook: "I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-music, Keith Emerson.
"Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come."
Apart from ELP, founded in 1970, Keith Emerson is best remembered for his role in The Nice, formed in 1967.
The British musician and composer was born in Yorkshire in 1944.

It is being reported elsewhere that his death is being treated as suicide. He died from a gunshot wound to the head. He was suffering from depression brought on by a progressive nerve condition to his hand.
Keith Emerson reportedly died of a single gunshot wound p4k.co/ZmLy6

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:35 am

Another one for those of us for whom Family Favourites was not to be missed in the 1960s and 1970s.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bbc-presenter-cliff-michelmore-dies-aged-96/ar-BBqyr1a?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Also Frank Sinatra Junior, described somewhat strangely here as the younger sister of Nancy.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/frank-sinatra-jr-dies-of-cardiac-arrest-while-on-tour/ar-BBqyGod?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:54 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:37 am

I'm glad Debbie was with him. I wasn't that fond of him but was very sad to hear of his illness and they seemed to have a very happy marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:37 am

Now he (Paul Daniels) is really one from my childhood. He reminded me of my father in appearance; the latter was not known for his magic tricks though!
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 17 Mar 2016, 11:35 am

Do you know, I don't think that I ever realised that Frank's son was a professional singer!

Not that many good quality clips on YouTube of him.

Here he is with his sister with a song that is as inappropriate for them as it was with Nancy and her father!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKsbx4meBTY
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 17 Mar 2016, 11:39 am

I didn't even know there was Frank Sinatra Jr.  He looks just like his dad though..

Celebrity deaths - Page 6 Th?&id=OIP.M2162350a61848081530ed7319e847e4fH1&w=200&h=300&c=0&pid=1

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Mar 2016, 5:50 pm

One of my faves from the great magician.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 17 Mar 2016, 6:39 pm

Oh, thank you Andrew.
Not being from GB decent , nor watching too much TV, I'd never heard of the man nor seen him.
Hilarious. I had such a good laugh :-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:56 pm

A pleasure C.

He did some great stuff, back in the day.

Just type his name in youtube if ever want to see some more.

"So Debbie - what first attracted you to the millionare, Paul Daniels"

Can't recall who asked that question now but as Chirps said they had a great marriage and had a wonderful happy life.

Can't ask for much more than that.

RIP.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:04 pm

Here's that million dollar question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 24 Mar 2016, 1:29 pm

A legend of a footballer. One of the best of all time. RIP.

http://news.sky.com/story/1666252/football-legend-johan-cruyff-dies-aged-68

Oh and another footballer just got 6 years in Jail (Johnson).
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 24 Mar 2016, 3:59 pm

I'm not exactly a football fan. But I remember with fondness Cruijf, a genius and an interesting engaged person [and Eusebio & Di Stefano, if anyone of you is old enough to remember ...].
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sat 26 Mar 2016, 1:54 pm

"You've got to shoot otherwise you can't score."

- Johan Cruijff
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:19 pm

Burst wrote:"You've got to shoot otherwise you can't score."

- Johan Cruijff

Classic, Burst.

Here's a few more of his best quotes...

1. Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1000 times. Anyone can do that by practicing. Then you can work in the circus. Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right foot of your team mate.

2. Someone who has juggled the ball in the air during a game, after which four defenders of the opponent get the time to run back, that’s the player people think is great. I say he has to go to a circus.

3. Choose the best player for every position, and you’ll end up not with a strong XI, but with 11 strong 1’s.

4. In my teams, the goalie is the first attacker, and the striker the first defender.

5. Why couldn’t you beat a richer club? I’ve never seen a bag of money score a goal.

6. I always threw the ball in, because then if I got the ball back, I was the only player unmarked.

7. I’m ex-player, ex-technical director, ex-coach, ex-manager, ex-honorary president. A nice list that once again shows that everything comes to an end.

8. Players that aren’t true leaders but try to be, always bash other players after a mistake. True leaders on the pitch already assume others will make mistakes.

9. What is speed? The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.

10. There’s only one moment in which you can arrive in time. If you’re not there, you’re either too early or too late.

11. Before I make a mistake, I don’t make that mistake.

12. When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average … So, the most important thing is: what do you do during those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball. That is what determines wether you’re a good player or not.

13. After you’ve won something, you’re no longer 100 percent, but 90 percent. It’s like a bottle of carbonated water where the cap is removed for a short while. Afterwards there’s a little less gas inside.

14. There is only one ball, so you need to have it.

15. I’m not religious. In Spain all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw.

16. We must make sure their worst players get the ball the most. You’ll get it back in no time.

17. If you have the ball you must make the field as big as possible, and if you don’t have the ball you must make it as small as possible.

18. Every professional golfer has a seperate coach for his drives, for approaches, for putting. In football we have one coach for 15 players. This is absurd.

19. Surviving the first round is never my aim. Ideally, I’d be in one group with Brazil, Argentina and Germany. Then I’d have lost two rivals after the first round. That’s how I think. Idealisitic.

20. Players today can only shoot with their laces. I could shoot with the inside, laces, and outside of both feet. In other words, I was six times better than today’s players.

21. Quality without results is pointless. Results without quality is boring.

22. There are very few players who know what to do when they’re not marked. So sometimes you tell a player: that attacker is very good, but don’t mark him.

23. I find it terrible when talents are rejected based on computer stats. Based on the criteria at Ajax now I would have been rejected. When I was 15, I couldn’t kick a ball 15 meters with my left and maybe 20 with my right. My qualities technique and vision, are not detectable by a computer.

24. Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is.

25. If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 26 Mar 2016, 3:29 pm

And don't forget: "every disadvantage has it advantage ..."
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 27 Mar 2016, 11:32 am

Sadly it won't be much of a surprise to receive news about Paul Gascoigne.

He has just been on another bender apparently.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 27 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm

Andrew wrote:
Burst wrote:"You've got to shoot otherwise you can't score."

- Johan Cruijff

Classic, Burst.

Here's a few more of his best quotes...

3. Choose the best player for every position, and you’ll end up not with a strong XI, but with 11 strong 1’s.

4. In my teams, the goalie is the first attacker, and the striker the first defender.

Classic indeed Andrew!

The quotes above, by the way, are together the philosophy of the Holland School of attacking football. Interestingly, it is exactly why Cruijff's is better than Van Gaal's, in my opninion.
Cruijff always said that is doesn't matter whether a player is a defender or a midfielder or whatever. Simply put your eleven best players in the field, not by position, but simply the best players you have, and let them take responsibility for all positions. Then you're unstoppable. As long as you score one goal more than the other side, no matter goals against you, you win.

Oh ps., another one extra classic, about the Italians: You can't win from them. But you can lose to them.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 31 Mar 2016, 11:54 am

BREAKING NEWS

Ronnie Corbett has died at age of 85... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35934024

very sad, thought him so funny, RIP Ronnie.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:11 pm

10 classic one liners from Ronnie Corbett......

1) "After a series of crimes in the Glasgow area, Chief Inspector McTavish has announced that he is looking for a man with one eye. If he doesn't find him, he's going to use both eyes."

2) "A juggernaut of onions has shed its load all over the M1. Motorists are advised to find a hard shoulder to cry on."

3) "French wine growers fear that this year's vintage may be entirely spoiled due to the grape treaders' sit-in."

4) "A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston by-pass. Motorists are asked to be on the look-out for 16 hardened criminals."

5) "We will be talking to an out-of-work contortionist who says he can no longer make ends meet."

6) "We've just heard that in the English Channel, a ship carrying red paint has collided with a ship carrying purple paint. It is believed that both crews have been marooned."

7) "It was revealed in a government survey published today that the Prime Minister is doing the work of two men: Laurel and Hardy."

Cool There was a fire at the main Inland Revenue office in London today, but it was put out before any serious good was done."

9) "We'll be talking to a car designer who's crossed a Toyota with Quasimodo and come up with the Hatchback of Notre Dame."

10) "All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand."
RIP, Ronnie.

Celebrity deaths - Page 6 Corbettronnie3003d

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/ronnie-corbett-jokes-his-10-best-oneliners-a3215166.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:18 pm

I feel terribly sad today. Not only for Ronnie - a hero of mine - but because so many of the 'greats' from my childhood are leaving us this year.

RIP (chuckling away, I'm sure) Ronnie. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Thu 31 Mar 2016, 6:54 pm

Dee Coy wrote:I feel terribly sad today. Not only for Ronnie - a hero of mine - but because so many of the 'greats' from my childhood are leaving us this year.

RIP (chuckling away, I'm sure) Ronnie. Sad

The old classics have gone,at least we have youtube.

Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:01 pm

.... 'and it's goodnight from him'

Legend.

RIP.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 01 Apr 2016, 11:08 am

Very sad news, dear Denise Robertson the agony aunt from This Morning has died...

Celebrity deaths - Page 6 _89033395_this_morning_denise_robertson_02

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35941395

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next