MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook news

+25
niklasericson
unreorganised
Freedom
Winslow Boy
Châtelaine
joyce1938
chrissie
Bloodhound
Guinea Pig
PMR
Poe
Mo
costello
MrsC
Bubblewrapped
TheTruthWillOut
JJ
AndyB
froggy
hesla
candyfloss
bluebell
Mimi
Andrew
chirpyinsect
29 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Facebook news - Page 5 Empty Re: Facebook news

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 06 Jul 2015, 11:23 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't believe it either, Mo.

How on earth could anyone know that in the absence of the body.

I'm guessing it is a private theory if what he says is true. I'm sure the PJ know stuff that hasn't been made public.

I have to agree about the TextUSA theory though. Just today the BBC had this story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-33408015

Not even a raised eyebrow about swinging, just a complaint about loud music. Though 55 dB is only just over conversation level!

And there was also this article from last year: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10843810/Gogglebox-couples-home-a-beautiful-venue-for-sex-party.html

Again the 'story' here is 1, Kate Middleton's school friend runs the swinging company and 2, the Gogglebox c-list celebs claim they didn't know that it would be a swinging party (yeah, right!)

My point here would be that IMO the general consensus with swinging is that it is no more "shocking" than a 18-30 holiday to Ibiza these days.

I can't accept that the last eight years have been to cover up a swinging holiday and that out of hundreds that must know, not a single one has talked.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:13 am

I'm just interested in the phone info, hopefully it can be used now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 7:27 am

First the wayback then the Facebook revelation,nice bit of conspiracy theory manipulation?

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 07 Jul 2015, 2:53 pm

Bubblewrapped wrote:
caricature wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that this whole charade is much more about TPTB/various agencies then the M's/Tapas 7?

I'm thinking along the lines of lack of action from authorities like in the Baby P and Victoria Climbie. Could something like this account for a lot of what we are seeing in the case?

But the M's haven't half milked it though.

Gerry has been allowed to be intelligent, or so he thinks. Then there is Intelligence that goes way over his head.
He is in the limelight of something huge IMO, and he has been given the get out of jail card. Thats so obvious. But he wont shut up Laughing
10 years ago many were whispeing the names of Janner, Savile, Cliffy boy etc etc....Many were laughed at as stupid conspiracy theorists. Well what has happened since ?
Gerry is fodder. So is Gamble and Pinky. They are quiet now....Wonder why ?
This is a huge IMO. This goes so far up the chain we have to be annoyed by these little people at the bottom. It keeps us at bay.

Please be careful with your language, BW.

----

Agreed. What 'secrets' is Gerry privy to? Also agree about the McCanns being give a 'get out of jail card'. Presumably when the case was shelved. I think their downfall was:

1. Taking Amaral to court
2. Demanding a review of the case.
3. Becoming 'Ambassadors' for missing children when it is clear that their own went missing in highly suspicious circumstances.
4. Their media interviews, in the cold light of day, are highly incriminating and just dripping with revealing clues.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 07 Jul 2015, 3:00 pm

Snipped from the link posted upthread and reposted below:

In addition to the suspicions of abduction, homicide and hiding a cadaver, the judgment of the Relation Court Évora, now released by 24horas, confirms that the Portuguese Justice system is also reviewing the occurrence of the practice of the crime of exposure by abandonment of a minor, punishable under the Penal Code with a sentence of between 3 and 10 years in prison. According to the law, one commits this crime when they place the life of another person in danger, "leaving them defenseless, whenever the accused fails in their responsibility to protect, watch over or assist."

Those are pretty serious crimes. And still the Mcs and their friends walk free. And it is a FACT that the McCanns and their friends claim to have left their children in an apartment without appropriate adult supervision out of sight and out of ear-shot every evening that week up to and including Thursday.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/pj-forbidden-to-read-mccanns-mobile.html?m=1
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm

It is only my thoughts but I believe the PJ did not want to arrest the McCanns for the abandonment of their children (which they only had the McCanns say so that the children were abandoned) because they knew a more serious crime had taken place.  If they were arrested on a lesser charge and jailed it may have interfered with them being accused of a more serious crime i.e. manslaughter and that is why the investigation is still on-going.  And as I keep repeating, there is also the Fund* which no doubt is being looked into, because if there was no "abduction" then the Fund is fraudulent.

ETA:  *Not forgetting that when Madeleine went "missing" K & G McCann couldn't cover the costs of their mortgage for 2 months and took it out of the very kind donations sent in my pensioners, school children et al, but now they're sitting on a pot of over £1million.  Good going for 2 parents of a missing child who have still to get off their backsides to actually "search" for her, but have left it to everyone else to do their dirty work for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:22 pm

That's quite a "rant" DFM, but I agree with most arguments ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 8:03 pm

Châtelaine wrote:That's quite a "rant" DFM, but I agree with most arguments ...

Unfortunately I do get annoyed when people keep saying "why is the investigation taking so long", I may be way off track but when you look into some crimes that have been investigated over the years, it's taken 10 years even 30 years to come to a conclusion and find the perpetrators.

Even the fund must be taking some unraveling (that's if it's being looked into), Medoto 3 seem to have been good at "money laundering" so why were they chosen to "find a missing child"?  I wonder what Medoto 3 did with all the money paid to them by the McCanns???

I know all this has been mentioned many times over the past 8 years but I thought I would repeat it again for any new members.

ETA: After mentioning about the length of time it takes to find a perpetrator I was watching a real NCIS crime TV investigation earlier where a female navy officer had been brutally raped and murdered, the detectives had someone in mind for the crime but did not have enough evidence to take it to court, it went quiet for 2 years, then a young girl was walking home late at night in that same area and she was attacked in the dark, she bit off some of the attackers tongue in a struggle, alerts were sent out to all hospitals in that area knowing he would have to seek medical help.  Fortunately a male went to the nearest NCIS base with a terrible mouth injury and said he'd been attacked in a robbery, they took him to hospital and he was detained as a suspect in the murder.  His DNA matched the bitten off piece of tongue.

Anyway, I was just trying to point out that it took 2 years for the murder of the NCIS navy officer to be closed and that was because the murderer's best friend had given him an alibi which was a lie from the beginning to end, and when he was faced with having a polygraph test done he came clean and said that he had been lying for his friend and he knew his friend was the murderer but was covering for him.

Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Jul 2015, 8:09 pm

And that's the good thing: no matter how long it takes, there will always be inspired, motivated people [especially detectives], who won't let go ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:04 am

Claudia Lawrence disappeared in 2009.

Her case seems to be a relatively straightforward disappearance/suspected murder. There is no fund and related fraud to investigate, no paedophile suspected of carrying her off to a hellish lair and the work involved is being carried out by the UK police alone under UK jurisdiction.

Despite searches and arrests, the mystery of Claudia Lawrence has yet to be solved.

I don't see anybody complaining about the length of time this is taking.

We don't live in tv land where even the most complex of crimes can be solved in 45 minutes and is nicely rounded off with a confession. To me, the length of time both these investigations are taking show that the police involved are determined to get it right and ensure that these two ladies will get the justice they both deserve.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:16 am

The problem is most people base their knowledge of police investigations on what they see on the TV.
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:22 am

PMR wrote:The problem is most people base their knowledge of police investigations on what they see on the TV.

By and large the TV is quite accurate, but the real life equivalent is a lot more complicated (I have done consultancy work for Police Scotland on occasion so I know how complicated a case can become, and often they take years, not 3/4 hour, like Columbo! Embarassed )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:28 am

Look up the case of Colin Pitchfork, the first murderer to be convicted using DNA profiling. It took 5 years. He would have got away with it if it hadn't been for one of his employees chatting about his alibi in the pub. It was overheard by a woman, who went to the police with the information. That was all it took to crack the case. If it had not been for her, the whole concept of DNA profiling might have been rubbished and written off, and police work today would still have been lumbering along with the same old clunky methods of 50 years ago. Sometimes God really does send miracles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:36 pm

Good old police work got Hindley and Brady,does todays advances make it any easier,I wonder.

OG 4 yrs and counting would suggest not.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm

Claudia Laurence case is quite like Maddies, not in the background part, but in the investigation part.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:52 pm

Just to say 8 yrs later a conviction can be had without a body.

http://www.wave965.com/news/local/blackpool-man-found-guilty-for-the-murder-of-paige-chivers/

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:56 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Claudia Laurence case is quite like Maddies, not in the background part, but in the investigation part.
IMO

You mean sadly both clueless ?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:10 pm

I mean no body, ongoing investigation and nothing much for the public, the way it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post  JJ Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:30 pm

The difference is usually the Police force involved want a solution and work dilligently to achieve that result.
In this case the Leics Police from the very start were operating unlawfully in Portugal and doing everything in their power to hamper the PJ

This is a matter of public record even if you choose to ignore this fact.
For overseeing this travesty the Leics C.C. of the time was in Jan 2015 given a knighthood at the same time DCI Wall was given the poisoned chalice.
Do people seriously think this is a coincidence?
TPTB always reward their own.
JJ
JJ

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:34 pm

Certainly the force in the Claudia Lawrence case have been more open and requested more public assistance.

No further forward though it seems. Those involved are keeping schtumm, only IMO of course..

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:38 pm

Who was it (police force I mean) back in 07 that agreed with the PJ?

Back to top Go down

Facebook news - Page 5 Empty Facebook news

Post  Guinea Pig Mon 08 Feb 2016, 10:39 am

Now I love Facebook and am like a fish out of water when it's unavailable; I don't feel the need to say hello and goodbye and discuss what I had for breakfast every day though.

That's not the thing that drives me up the the wall though. It's the modern day version of chain letters which threaten 7 years bad luck (or call you a hater!!) if you don't say amen and forward the item on.

Usually they're photos of sick or dreadfully deformed children. Whether the idea is that, if a million idiots say amen, the child will be miraculously cured, I don't know!

In most cases the photos are being used without the permission of the parents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2450675/Father-turns-table-Facebook-page-exploiting-sick-little-girl.html
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 08 Feb 2016, 12:42 pm

I couldn't agree more. The best of it is several of my kind-hearted "friends" are gullible enough to type Amen every time one of these appears. I will post this link and hope they see sense.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:15 pm

I get loads of these on my page too. I think - or I really do hope - that a lot of the replies are automatically generated and aren't from real people.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 09 Feb 2016, 4:16 pm

There are also some dreadfully patronising ones with photos of disabled adults - say amen and share to show that they're still lovely, otherwise you are of course a hater or heartless!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next