MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

+27
Neveronasunday
ffranco
AndyB
Satsuma
Antonia
Dee Coy
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Mimi
chrissie
Châtelaine
Heisenburg
seahorse
Poe
Popcorn
froggy
Bampots
Inca
Admin
poster
Freedom
chirpyinsect
Mo
costello
dogs don't lie
Andrew
candyfloss
31 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 17 Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:27 pm

How am I derailing it? I am asking if it was wise for members to donate money and reveal personal information to someone they didn't know. Do you have a problem with that, candy?
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 17 Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:29 pm

Satsuma wrote:How am I derailing it? I am asking if it was wise for members to donate money and reveal personal information to someone they didn't know. Do you have a problem with that, candy?

Yes I do, this is about Goncalo's win and not GoFundMe scaremongering. Any further posts will be deleted.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

Wow what a great news. I've read the translated part of the summary, and it really is a total victory for Mr. Amaral for this case is concerned. His adversaries having to pay for all court costs. Some happy reading.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:31 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Andrew wrote:I see ONE poster has come out 'fighting' on the Sun article comments.

Someone called Mary Shaw (Probably Kate or Clarence)

I suppose they had to allow the one to get involved. Losing battle though.

150 something comments now.
 I reckon it's Pammy. So does one of the other people. Told her to go do some baking. One of Pam's " talents"

Baking fruitcakes?
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

The Pillory ‏@ThePilloryToo · 15m15 minutes ago

So, the #McCann s have 17 days in which to seek permission to appeal, confirm legal representation funding & come up with all-new grounds Very Happy

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

Satsuma wrote:How am I derailing it? I am asking if it was wise for members to donate money and reveal personal information to someone they didn't know. Do you have a problem with that, candy?

As a journalist it sounds just the sort of thing you could do a grand expose on - headlines in a National - maybe make your name.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 7:04 pm

Fun and games on here this aft, I see.

Anyway - has the GA interview been translated as yet does anyone know.... Or any other snippets been released....

Hard to keep up with everything but will have a squiz about.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm

This was posted at the bottom of Page 14 in today's Sun:

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 17 Cg1ccn10

Then on page 15 it was Antonella's rubbish.... The "Trolls 50k to 'Maddie Lie' Cop" article, underneath the smaller title 'Sick Fan Club'

It doesn't say who wrote the first short article though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 24 Apr 2016, 8:30 pm

Andrew wrote:This was posted at the bottom of Page 14 in today's Sun:

Then on page 15 it was Antonella's rubbish.... The "Trolls 50k to 'Maddie Lie' Cop" article, underneath the smaller title 'Sick Fan Club'

He wasn't shamed, he didn't lie, we're not weirdos and there's no evidence of abduction! IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 9:01 pm

froggy wrote:
As a journalist it sounds just  the sort of thing you could do a grand expose on - headlines in a National - maybe make your name.

I don't have to "make my name" froggy, but as you recommended I have indeed passed the matter of the appeal fund on to a colleague, who will be investigating it with me. There is no suggestion of financial impropriety but there are other issues that I would like to look into. In due course I will let you know if anything turns up. By the way, I don't agree with the use of the word "trolls" in this context since everyone who donated was entitled to help Amaral pursue his case. Nobody knows what happened, nobody is right or wrong. However , while I am working on this, I won't be contributing to the forum for a while. Meanwhile, thanks to all for your contributions whatever they may have been. Bye for now
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:12 am

Satsuma wrote:
Freedom wrote:The only time my account was misused online was back in 2000 when I had never used my credit card in this way - yet someone managed to order goods from America with it. 

Do you never pay for anything online, Satsuma?

Yes, but when I buy a book from Amazon I am not giving my name, address and bank details to someone who may be diametrically opposed to me in a heated debate like the Maddie McC case, and who might possibly use that info for nefarious purposes. Most people wouldn't, of course, but I would be very wary  of handing over money and personal info to an individual whose reputation is unknown

But what kind of person would do that I wonder tangerine dreams?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 25 Apr 2016, 10:45 am

From the Mirror (an hour ago)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-goncalo-amaral-gofundme-7827828

Better than the Sun's crock of.... anyway.

ETA:

Brits raise £50,000 for Portuguese cop who accused Madeleine McCann's parents of 'lying' after daughter's mystery abduction
09:33, 25 APR 2016 UPDATED 09:33, 25 APR 2016
BY JOHN SHAMMAS
One supporter of Goncalo Amaral wrote on Facebook: "I donated too and I will keep donating - this man deserves to have his say"

Madeleine McCannMadeleine has been missing since May 2007

British supporters of a Portuguese cop who claims Madeleine McCann’s parents lied following their daughter's abduction have raised £50,000 for him on GoFundMe.

Goncalo Amaral, 57, was told pay the McCanns £360,000 after penning a book claiming they were responsible for Madeleine’s death.

The former cop appealed the decision however, and parents Kate, 47, and Gerry, 48, were left fuming last week as three Portuguese appeal judges ruled in his favour.

They will now take the case to Portugal’s Supreme Court - which will have the final say on whether Amaral should pay damages.

His book, The Truth About The Lie, became a bestseller in Portugal even though the country’s top lawman insists there’s no evidence to back up his accusations.

And Brits who support Amaral have raised up to £50,000 to support him in the long-running legal dispute.

One wrote on a Facebook page entitled Justice for Madeleine Mccann and Goncalo Amaral: "I donated too and I will keep donating - this man deserves to have his say".

GettyKate and Gerry McCannKate and Gerry McCann have been searching for their daughter Madeline since she disappeared during a family holiday in 2007
"I also donated and every penny was worth it," another said.

Those supportive of Amaral have been labelled "trolls".

Another wrote: "So proud [to be] one of them 'trolls' who donated money to a good man who was simply doing his job."

Set up last April, the GoFundMe page now appears to have been taken down by the crowdfunding site's bosses.

It was initially set up by Leanne Baulch, from Birmingham, who has since distanced herself from the campaign.

The McCann family deny Amaral's claims.

If they can overturn the decision in Portugal’s Supreme Court, they aim to use the money to help find their daughter.

Madeleine has been missing since May 2007.

She disappeared during a family holiday in Portugal as her parents Kate and Gerry were eating in a near-by restaurant.

Read more: Schoolgirl abduction alert after stranger targets same youngster he tried to drag into car TEN months ago

An international appeal for help finding Maddy has brought numerous reported sightings, none of them confirmed.

Last edited by Andrew on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Copied and pasted it over from the link)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 25 Apr 2016, 10:56 am

The Star's version (although this said it was posted yesterday - but only just made it in the news now)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/510525/Portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral-wins-right-to-reprint-Madeleine-McCann-libel-book
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:00 am

Thanks to all who bring us links, but I think we have to agree that Andrew works especially hard to bring us latest news cheers GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 17 Double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:12 am

candyfloss wrote:Thanks to all who bring us links, but I think we have to agree that Andrew works especially hard to bring us latest news cheers GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 17 Double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon

He does indeed.... Thank u Andrew!

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:36 am

Andrew wrote:The Star's version (although this said it was posted yesterday - but only just made it in the news now)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/510525/Portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral-wins-right-to-reprint-Madeleine-McCann-libel-book

Thanks Andrew.

Can anyone help with this bit:

"If it was the McCanns it could wipe out the £746,152 in the Find Madeleine fund."

Surely the fund is a limited company and separate from the McCanns who brought the suit as private persons. So the fund is untouchable in this case, but costs would have to be paid by the McCanns (and their poor children) personally?

seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:59 am

GettyKate and Gerry McCannKate and Gerry McCann have been searching for their daughter Madeline since she disappeared during a family holiday in 2007

From the news story above.

No - they have not been searching for her. They didn't even search for her on the night of the alleged 'abduction'. By Kate's own admission they had been very busy and Gerry that night told Kate that they both needed rest.

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sentence deleted)
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:02 pm

This is so weird. TM must have a very strong contact at the Sun (probably paid handsomely). The Sun would be at about their level, imo.

No-one believes a word that the McCanns say - that is evident from the comments after new stories about them.

Or possibly these stories are deliberately provocative to generate a reaction?

Or a bit of both.

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:11 pm

I tend to think, that the MSM is provoking these comments to say, what they don't dare to ...
Yet.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:20 pm

Châtelaine wrote:I tend to think, that the MSM is provoking these comments to say, what they don't dare to ...
Yet.

Yes, they are 'teasers'...
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Thanks to all who bring us links, but I think we have to agree that Andrew works especially hard to bring us latest news cheers GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 17 Double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon

He does indeed.... Thank u Andrew!

A pleasure.

Wouldn't say 'especially hard' though. Just learnt to be good at multi-tasking, so can work, play and keep up to speed with the latest stuff. Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm

Yes, they are certainly 'deliberately' allowing and inviting all these 'unfavourable' comments.

What they can't print just yet, then they're getting the readers to do it for them. All good considering it would never of been allowed until recently.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

Funding a shamed cops right to lie,about Kate and Gerry.....etc...can in no way be described as waiting to print "what they cant print just now"....
I also distrust the Sun to the extent that they are harvesting r mails for anti material. As far as Team Mac are concerned this is war!

Ps Satsuma please hurry back we miss your hilarious comments!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:59 pm

Two things: the media, and in particular the Sun and Mirror, have hitched themselves so firmly to the McCanns' bandwagon that their credibility and influence over the hearts and minds of the public is defined by it. If the general public (as opposed to a handful of 'trolls') think the McCanns are the innocent, injured party – despite the fact that a policeman has just won the case they brought against him – then the Sun/Mirror etc can claim great influence. If, on the other hand, despite their ongoing hate campaign against Amaral, the public thinks him right and the McCanns wrong, their influence is proved to be null and void. Increasingly, as I watch this case I think it's a way of the media saying to the powers that be 'Look - we can still control public opinion. Despite supposedly neglecting their kids, refusing to answer questions and cadaver dogs alerting in their apartment, WE say the McCanns are the innocent ones so THAT's how they're perceived. So stay in line.'
In addition, Rupert Murdoch's Sky News chose a middle aged woman to label a troll because she dared to criticise the McCanns online. They carried on this attack on rolling news for an entire day, despite the fact that police later said the woman had committed no crime. The result was a suicide. How bad would it look if this person who committed suicide after being attacked in this way turned out to be right? If the McCanns were actually guilty of what Amaral accused them of? What would that make Martin Brunt and his boss Rupert Murdoch?
The McCanns are the front line in the battle between old and new media. In the past, a story was true simply because that's what was in the papers. Perversely, the papers' insistence on reporting their version of this story instead of just the unvarnished facts of the case has exposed them.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next