MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

+27
Neveronasunday
ffranco
AndyB
Satsuma
Antonia
Dee Coy
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Mimi
chrissie
Châtelaine
Heisenburg
seahorse
Poe
Popcorn
froggy
Bampots
Inca
Admin
poster
Freedom
chirpyinsect
Mo
costello
dogs don't lie
Andrew
candyfloss
31 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 16 Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 10:45 am

The TV interview can now be discussed here and posts moved to this thread..

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1293-goncalo-interview-on-portugal-tv

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 16 Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:58 pm

I see ONE poster has come out 'fighting' on the Sun article comments.

Someone called Mary Shaw (Probably Kate or Clarence)

I suppose they had to allow the one to get involved. Losing battle though.

150 something comments now.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 24 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

Andrew wrote:I see ONE poster has come out 'fighting' on the Sun article comments.

I reckon it's Pammy. So does one of the other people. Told her to go do some baking. One of Pam's " talents"

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 16 Empty Brilliant comments!

Post  poster Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Andrew wrote:I see ONE poster has come out 'fighting' on the Sun article comments.

I reckon it's Pammy. So does one of the other people. Told her to go do some baking. One of Pam's " talents"

Very Happy

From the comments section:  affraid

This poor young man was murdered in what was claimed to be a suspected case of''mistaken identity'' while he was watching Match of The Day with his girlfriend. HE WAS THE YOUNGER COUSIN OF GONCALO AMARAL ....http://www.murdermap.co.uk/pages/cases/case.asp?CID=648283515

FlagShare1RecommendReply
Anna Silvestro3 hours ago
Leanne Baulch on Twitter: @TheSun I didn't quit. I removed my name as organiser after receiving threats of harm from #McCann supporters.

FlagShare2RecommendReply
Kate Chantry3 hours ago
I suppose there are 2 sides to every story but I cannot understand why I as a tax payer have to fund these neglectful parents ... it was pure neglect and bad parenting that caused this little girl to be harmed. They are he ones that keep begging for funds to ease their guilty conscious efforts to suppress the real truth

FlagShare1RecommendRepl

-------

Dr Amaral's nephew/cousin (not sure of the exact relationship)  Richard Cunha shot dead on his doorstep - this has shades of the Jill Dando murder, surely???  affraid

Wasn't Dr Amaral's dog also killed?

Leanne Baulch was threatened, apparently, which is why she removed her name as organizer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7100537/Madeleine-McCann-cop-paid-50k-by-sick-Brit-trolls-after-accusing-her-parents-of-lying-about-her-abductio

http://www.murdermap.co.uk/pages/cases/case.asp?CID=648283515
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 16 Empty The murder of Dr Amaral's young cousin

Post  poster Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm

On the first anniversary of the killing, Detective Chief Inspector Nick Scola from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: "It is now a year since the Ricardo died and we want the people that have information to come forward. Someone out there knows exactly what happened that night, and they owe it to Ricardo’s loved ones to come forward.

"Ricardo was a young man with no criminal past or connections. Despite taking statements from over 200 people who knew Ricardo or who lived near where he was killed the motive for his murder remains unknown. A reward of up to £20,000 is still available to anyone who can help bring Ricardo's killers to justice."

In January 2011 police released a picture of a British-made Webley Mark Six revolver they believe was the murder weapon.

Ricardo's sister and girlfriend have also made emotional appeals for information for the BBC Crimewatch programme.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10312-ricardo-cunha-goncalo-amarals-cousin-shot-dead-in-london-11-september-2010

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/369961/Jill-Dando-and-babes-in-the-woods-killers-are-Britain-s-most-high-profile-unsolved-murders

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/371140/Claim-of-Jill-Dando-investigating-murder-of-Chelsea-footie-boss-put-forward
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:23 pm

poster wrote:On the first anniversary of the killing, Detective Chief Inspector Nick Scola from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: "It is now a year since the Ricardo died and we want the people that have information to come forward. Someone out there knows exactly what happened that night, and they owe it to Ricardo’s loved ones to come forward.

"Ricardo was a young man with no criminal past or connections. Despite taking statements from over 200 people who knew Ricardo or who lived near where he was killed the motive for his murder remains unknown. A reward of up to £20,000 is still available to anyone who can help bring Ricardo's killers to justice."

In January 2011 police released a picture of a British-made Webley Mark Six revolver they believe was the murder weapon.

Ricardo's sister and girlfriend have also made emotional appeals for information for the BBC Crimewatch programme.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10312-ricardo-cunha-goncalo-amarals-cousin-shot-dead-in-london-11-september-2010

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/369961/Jill-Dando-and-babes-in-the-woods-killers-are-Britain-s-most-high-profile-unsolved-murders

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/371140/Claim-of-Jill-Dando-investigating-murder-of-Chelsea-footie-boss-put-forward

Going off topic again poster. Please discuss these things in the discussion section. You can start a new topic if there is nothing relevant

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm

Hope Deb won't mind me posting this, excellent.  

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 16 Cgz4AlYWYAAfeYe

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:31 pm

More comments. I like the first one!

McCann PJ Files is a very happy contributor to this fund. But one cannot label the official files as a troll.
After all what is in the files is in the book. Please read and compare at your leisure.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

FlagShare5RecommendReply
Tracey Thompson2 hours ago
Trolls eh? Did you know the Metropolitan Police donated to Dr Amarals fund also?

And, unlike the money grabbing McCanns, he vowed that anything left over from the expenses of his case will go directly to a children's charity.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:02 pm

I'm posting this here but there might be a better place for it.

It shows how very hard the pro-McCann lobby tried to discredit Detective Amaral and claim that allowing his book to be published 'leaves people questioning the integrity of the Portuguese government and judicial system'. There is also talk of a 'hidden agenda - to protect some very unpleasant things that are going on among those in power in Portugal.'

This was posted on Joana Morais' blog in October 2010 which was a critical time for the McCanns.

Look at the last paragraph! I wonder who Janet Leeson is?

Chickens coming home to roost?!

Dear Editor,

I feel the decision made is a huge mistake because it once again leaves many people questioning the integrity of the Portuguese government and the Portuguese judicial system. While the decision was allegedly made in accordance with the Human Rights law on free expression of speech, I, and many others, think that there is also a hidden agenda - namely to protect some very unpleasant things that are going on among those in power in Portugal.

The fact that a judicial system allows a book written by an ex-policeman with a very dubious reputation to be widely available in the public domain beggars belief.

In my opinion, this is not, for Amaral, a right to express his opinions freely but to justify his incompetent handling of Madeleine’s abduction, to hit out at Gerry and Kate McCann and their friends and last, but by no means least, to sabotage the search for a missing child. Oh yes - and to make a lot of money for himself. It is contemptible that he should be allowed to gain financially from this tragic case.

His book is founded on his theories. There is no evidence that Madeleine is dead and until such evidence is available, the search for her, and for other children missing in Portugal, should continue.

Amaral’s behaviour in this case, and other people and events related to the case, has hugely damaged Portugal’s reputation and its tourist trade. There are many of us in the UK who have vowed never to set foot in Portugal again because we do not trust its police force and its legal system. This is sad because Portugal is a beautiful country and I know kind and compassionate Portuguese people who do not deserve to be smeared with the reputation Amaral has given his country.

Janet Leeson, by email

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/goncalo-amaral-to-launch-maddie-truth.html
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:23 pm

Could someone please remind me who organised the "troll fund" (as the Mail might put it) and if there is confirmation that the money has indeed been received by Amaral? Because whoever collected that money is now in a position to identify every donor via their bank details. It wasn't illegal to donate, but at least one person you don't know now has all that information about you
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:42 pm

Satsuma wrote:Could someone please remind me who organised the "troll fund" (as the Mail might put it)  and if there is confirmation that  the money has indeed been received by Amaral? Because whoever collected that money is now in a position to identify every donor via their bank details.  It wasn't illegal to donate, but at least one person you don't know now has all  that information about you

GA acknowledged the money which went from the GoFundMe site to the PJGA direct. Leanne Baulch was only the instigator of the fund, which she did because she wanted to help. She could not and did not ever handle the cash herself. She received death threats from pros so she removed herself from any connection. There was a very good explanation of how GoFundMe works by Ben Thomson which was relayed on CMoMM in reply to Tony B's attempt to cast aspersions on Leanne. It resulted in him having to post an abject apology. Did you not read that Satsuma?

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:49 pm

I try to avoid reading anything on there, Mrs CI, though I must admit I occasionally drop in. But thanks for the explanation
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

Satsuma wrote:Could someone please remind me who organised the "troll fund" (as the Mail might put it)  and if there is confirmation that  the money has indeed been received by Amaral? Because whoever collected that money is now in a position to identify every donor via their bank details.  It wasn't illegal to donate, but at least one person you don't know now has all  that information about you
What's with all this Satsuma, it won't work.

Read the GoFundMe website and see how it works.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:57 pm

No thank you Candy, at the moment I'm eating a piece of cake and it would be far too much bother
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:59 pm

For when you've finished your cake, Satsuma.

https://www.gofundme.com/tour/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

Lemon drizzle, Freedom - my favourite. Oranges and lemons, a great combination. After wiping away the last few crumbs I read your link and in the FAQ section it says

Can donors give privately? Of course. Donors can simply check a box to keep their donations hidden from public view. However, the Campaign Organizer will always know who the donor is.

So your name and details are known by someone you don't know personally and have never met?
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 16 Empty the snapper;over the hill; atomic peanut etc

Post  ffranco Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm

My final donation to the fund was made after your last meltdown and failed attempt at besmirching the good name of Mr Amaral.
It is the behaviour of people like you that made the fund so successful.
Thank you.

ffranco

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:11 pm

I have paid money via GoFundMe on various occasions - not just for the GA appeal - and have never had any problems with my account details being misused.

You could have the same worries about PayPal and other ways of paying online.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

ffranco wrote:

My final donation to the fund was made after your last meltdown and failed attempt at besmirching the good name of Mr Amaral.
Thank you.

I don't remember having a meltdown  so you must be mistaking me for someone else. And I have  no problem with the fund, people can do what they like as far as I'm concerned. But you must be very brave giving your personal info to persons unknown
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:17 pm

The only time my account was misused online was back in 2000 when I had never used my credit card in this way - yet someone managed to order goods from America with it. 

Do you never pay for anything online, Satsuma?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  ffranco Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm

Satsuma wrote:
ffranco wrote:

Thank you.

I don't rememeber having a meltdown  so you must be mistaking me for someone else. And I have  no problem with the fund, people can do what they like as far as I'm concerned. But you must be very brave giving your personal info to persons unknown

I am not particularly brave but I  recognise an obvious scam such as this one.

No need for the second sentence.

ffranco

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:21 pm

Freedom wrote:The only time my account was misused online was back in 2000 when I had never used my credit card in this way - yet someone managed to order goods from America with it. 

Do you never pay for anything online, Satsuma?

Yes, but when I buy a book from Amazon I am not giving my name, address and bank details to someone who may be diametrically opposed to me in a heated debate like the Maddie McC case, and who might possibly use that info for nefarious purposes. Most people wouldn't, of course, but I would be very wary of handing over money and personal info to an individual whose reputation is unknown
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm

ffranco wrote:I am not particularly brave but I  recognise an obvious scam such as this one.
And you expect me to take you seriously after that comment?

I have deleted the second sentence.
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:25 pm

Nice try at trying to derail this thread Satsuma. I would give up now.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next