MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

+27
Neveronasunday
ffranco
AndyB
Satsuma
Antonia
Dee Coy
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Mimi
chrissie
Châtelaine
Heisenburg
seahorse
Poe
Popcorn
froggy
Bampots
Inca
Admin
poster
Freedom
chirpyinsect
Mo
costello
dogs don't lie
Andrew
candyfloss
31 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 22 Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

Post  Andrew Thu 26 May 2016, 6:44 pm

Absolutely, they've had to go for it. Even if their lawyer said don't be silly, you don't have a chance, then they'd still go for it regardless.

To be a fly on the wall in Rothley towers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 22 Empty Re:Goncalo wins his appeal.

Post  costello Thu 26 May 2016, 7:29 pm

Andrew wrote:Absolutely, they've had to go for it. Even if their lawyer said don't be silly, you don't have a chance, then they'd still go for it regardless.

To be a fly on the wall in Rothley towers.

Or to be a journalist in Lisbon in the next few weeks. Maybe just maybe the flood-gates will open and not before time. In my opinion.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 22 Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! - HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS

Post  Andrew Fri 27 May 2016, 6:55 am

Posted by portugalpress on May 26, 2016
Millions of Brits are reading “Maddie: The Truth of the Lie” online

undefined
Just as the parents of Madeleine McCann are reported to be taking their legal dispute with former PJ detective Gonçalo Amaral to Portugal’s Supreme Court, the Resident has learnt that millions of Brits have been reading the book at the heart of the fight by accessing it online.

Since “Maddie: The Truth of the Lie” was once again cleared for sale following a ruling by the Appeal Court in Lisbon last month (click here), over two million one hundred and thirty eight thousand people have visited the Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann forum - the site that carries a translation of the book into English - and related blogs.

Moderators say that following the ruling by three Lisbon judges that Amaral was within his right to self expression in publishing his thesis about what may have happened to Madeleine, visits to the three sites have been exceeding 200,000 - 300,000 a day.

In all, over 11 million people have viewed “Maddie: The Truth of the Lie” - while the global number of visits now stand at over 81 million.

What all this means in terms of a legal fight that is concentrated on outlawing the book is unclear.

It is not banned in any country of the world, and even though the McCanns are apparently intent on suing any publisher who takes it on for the UK market (click here), it appears to have been read by well over 11 million English-speakers.

This news comes in a week when the British press has suddenly opened the floodgates to celebrity criticism of the McCann parents.

Sharon Osbourne, the outspoken media personality and wife of heavy-metal singer-songwriter Ozzy Osbourne, labelled the couple “insane” to have left their children unattended while on the fateful family holiday to Praia da Luz nine years ago, while former model Katie Price, speaking on the Loose Women chat show, backed her comments saying the couple shouldn’t have gone on holiday if they weren’t prepared to take their children out with them.

Osbourne’s remarks were labelled “ill informed” and “ignorant” by a friend of the McCanns, but the retort got nothing like the same kind of media coverage.

Meantime, blogs in Portugal following the McCanns legal fight have stressed that the couple’s appeal to the Supreme Court is by no means a ‘done deal’.

The “next step” will be to find out if the court accepts it. This decision is unlikely to be taken before the end of June, reports Textusa (one of the blogs most active for what it calls “the right to exercise the duty of being a citizen), with “expected notification around a week later”.

“If there are no technical mistakes” - Textusa explains that the appeal has to follow certain rules - Amaral will then have his own time-scale to submit counter-arguments, all of which will take the case well past the judicial holidays in August.

“We don’t see a decision from the Supreme Justice Court on this case before Christmas, and even then we’re being optimistic”, says the blog that writes all its posts in English.

Also writing in English for the benefit of non-Portuguese visitors, the Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral blogsite has revealed that contributions raised largely from Brits last year (click here) will cover Amaral’s latest call to defend what he maintains is an issue of the right to freedom of expression.

Says the blog: "We remain confident, as always, that Justice will be served and Freedom of Speech, of Opinion and of Information will prevail".

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/millions-of-brits-are-reading-%E2%80%9Cmaddie-the-truth-of-the-lie%E2%80%9D-online#sthash.QEVZgnRB.dpuf
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 27 May 2016, 7:02 am

... Can't see on Textusa blogs the bit about a decision not before Xmas.....

But according to verdi/Tony, Textusa is not an authoritative source anyway, so that's that.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 27 May 2016, 7:56 am

.. Over 2 million people have visited the CMoMM website in a month.

Very impressive figures if indeed true.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 22 Empty Re:GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL!

Post  costello Fri 27 May 2016, 8:00 am

Andrew wrote:.. Over 2 million people have visited the CMoMM website in a month.

Very impressive figures if indeed true.

My thoughts too Andrew, if correct.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Fri 27 May 2016, 8:02 am

Andrew wrote:... Can't see on Textusa blogs the bit about a decision not before Xmas.....

But according to verdi/Tony, Textusa is not an authoritative source anyway, so that's that.
Textusa is definitely not an authoritative source unless she has a legal background in Portugal, which I very much doubt, especially as she talks about GA being able to submit counter-arguments. As I understand it the supreme court rules on points of law only. It isn't a rerun of the previous arguments before "better" judges. The McCann's will be arguing that the law has been interpreted incorrectly, or is wrong, or is unclear. The counter argument is that it has been interpreted correctly, is right and is clear (or, as I suspect in this case, the supreme court has already ruled on the matters its being asked to consider). I see no need or opportunity for GA to advance counter arguments.

My understanding could, of course, be entirely wrong. I'm happy for others with a legal background or greater knowledge to correct me. The point is that, as much as you dislike him, I believe him to be correct when he says that textusa is not an authority and they have no more claim to being correct than you or I
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 27 May 2016, 8:33 am

I dislike some of Tony's behaviour, not him personally. 

I agree that Textusa is not an authority but the problem with Tony - in the last few years particularly - is that he seems to classify everyone who doesn't agree with his own theories as not being an authority.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 27 May 2016, 9:03 am

How can the mcs not see that this is only making them look really really bad? People aren't stupid, they know they've made a bee line for Goncalo because he speaks the truth Rolling Eyes
IMO

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL! -  HE MAY SUE THE McCANNS - Page 22 Empty Re:GONCALO AMARAL WINS APPEAL!

Post  costello Fri 27 May 2016, 9:17 am

dogs don't lie wrote:How can the mcs not see that this is only making them look really really bad? People aren't stupid, they know they've made a bee line for Goncalo because he speaks the truth Rolling Eyes
IMO

I think they do ddl, but they have to carry on at all costs. GA's book is their biggest concern, in my opinion.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 27 May 2016, 10:17 am

costello wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:How can the mcs not see that this is only making them look really really bad? People aren't stupid, they know they've made a bee line for Goncalo because he speaks the truth Rolling Eyes
IMO

I think they do ddl, but they have to carry on at all costs. GA's book is their biggest concern, in my opinion.

It seems to me that it's about the McCanns arrogance & hatred. They are/were intent on annihilating the one person who stood up to them.

Cooler, more rational, less hate filled heads would have stopped when they lost the libel trial. Less confrontational legal action such as preventing the book ever being translated into English and an injunction to stop it ever being mentioned by the UK media would have killed the story but that wouldn't give Kate her ultimate goal which was to have a destroyed Mr Amaral miserable and feeling fear.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 27 May 2016, 10:32 am

costello wrote:
IMO

They know,just know nothing from OG will implicate them,the misplaced log in the wood pile is Amaral,deal with that and lifes a bed of roses there on in.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 27 May 2016, 11:02 am

Heisenburg wrote:
costello wrote:
IMO

They know,just know nothing from OG will implicate them,the misplaced log in the wood pile is Amaral,deal with that and lifes a bed of roses there on in.

Absolutely Heisenburg, their main obstacle is Dr.Amaral, can't see them getting anywhere
though.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 27 May 2016, 11:16 am

costello wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
costello wrote:
IMO

Absolutely Heisenburg, their main obstacle is Dr.Amaral, can't see them getting anywhere
though.

I might be in the minority but I don't think that's the case at all.

I've not seen anything myself that convinces me that the Mc'S are in cahoots with OG and are supremely confident that nothing will implicate them. Far from it.

The elimination of Tannerman and the focus on Smithman didn't go down to well. Smithman that they tried to suppress for god knows how long and Tannerman that they still actively promote of their website even to this day.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 27 May 2016, 11:28 am

Heisenburg wrote:
costello wrote:
IMO

How does anyone know Heisenberg?? I find that a strange statement myself, I am in the camp that firmly believes Op Grange is working for justice and there is absolutely no cover up at all. It all would have been done and dusted a long time ago, no need for 5 years of wasted money.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 27 May 2016, 11:33 am

candyfloss wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
costello wrote:
IMO

How does anyone know Heisenberg??  I find that a strange statement myself, I am in the camp that firmly believes Op Grange is working for justice and there is absolutely no cover up at all.  It all would have been done and dusted a long time ago, no need for 5 years of wasted money.

I'm not of the opinion of a cover up but realistically just one or two officers working on the case according to the last soundbite by Hogan Howe,is it seriously being suggested that they are working flat out looking for what happened,where? in the offices and storage cupboards of Scotland Yard? certainly not out in Portugal,nope SY are looking for an exit and it can't be found,Amaral is the misplaced log for both Mccanns and SY imo.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 28 May 2016, 1:03 pm

Heres an interesting video (thanks to verdi on cmomm) concerning the ECHR if the McCanns aren't successful in their appeal in Portugal.
If Mr Amaral were to lose his would be a better case imo.

Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 29 May 2016, 1:46 pm

Poe wrote:
costello wrote:
IMO

It seems to me that it's about the McCanns arrogance & hatred. They are/were intent on annihilating the one person who stood up to them.

Cooler, more rational, less hate filled heads would have stopped when they lost the libel trial. Less confrontational legal action such as preventing the book ever being translated into English and an injunction to stop it ever being mentioned by the UK media would have killed the story but that wouldn't give Kate her ultimate goal which was to have a destroyed Mr Amaral miserable and feeling fear.

I think they wanted to become celebrities and authority figures.

They should have gone quietly when the case was shelved. If they had gone incognito at that point I am not sure how interested people would have been in Detective Amaral's book. Or at least a lot less interested.

Carrying on after losing the libel trail was madness. Kate whinging about having to arrange childcare was just the icing on the cake! She must be so thick to not realize how stupid and insensitive this makes her look, given that lack of childcare is supposedly the reason for Madeleine having been (allegedly) abducted. If she had arranged for childcare that night then the abduction could not have taken place.

Just such a dumb thing to have said.

ETA: Unless of course Kate said this for another reason......maybe they do not have full custody of the twins, for instance? Or there is some kind of court order in place concerning the twins welfare. Or she is worried about losing custody?

The above are all perfectly possible, given the hugely suspicious circumstances in which Madeleine went missing.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 29 May 2016, 2:26 pm

Andrew wrote:
costello wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
costello wrote:
IMO

though.

I might be in the minority but I don't think that's the case at all.

I've not seen anything myself that convinces me that the Mc'S are in cahoots with OG and are supremely confident that nothing will implicate them. Far from it.

The elimination of Tannerman and the focus on Smithman didn't go down to well. Smithman that they tried to suppress for god knows how long and Tannerman that they still actively promote of their website even to this day.

I agree. I think that November 2013 was a turning point. When a joint investigation was announced and Smithman was made public.

They say a picture tells a thousand words. Just look at Kate and Gerry's faces in the photos taken at around this time.

Think they speak volumes.

Kate's desperation to morph Smithman into Tannerman must mean that Smithman is very important otherwise - if he was irrelevant - she would just accept that it could be a separate sighting as it wouldn't matter because he was irrelevant.

I reckon Gerry really was seen by the Smith family - either carrying Madeleine or carrying another child in a desperate attempt to give credence to the abductor theory. He didn't reckon on being seen at such close quarters by a family of nine I would imagine.

Someone pulled out of doing something at 9.15pm, imo. Hence the timelines got botched.

Gerry was forced into carrying a child at 10pm and once TM realized he had been seen by a family of nine at quite close quarters they spent a few hours with their heads together and hatched Tannerman in the early hours of Friday morning. It was vital to place 'the abduction' at an earlier time than 10pm because of the Smith sighting so they placed in at the time 'the abduction' was supposed to have taken place which was 9.15pm. Hence early eye-witness reports of a commotion as early as 9.20 and certainly well before 10pm. This also explains the unjemmied shutters.

IMO!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id471.html

ETA: I can't cut and paste the photos in the link above but it would be interesting to see them posted as the body language and facial expressions speak volumes, imo. Might be good for a caption competition.

The last few years must have been hellish for them, I would imagine. Still, I guess you reap what you sow in the end.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 29 May 2016, 3:13 pm

Maybe Jane or Gerry was supposed to have done something at that time, but couldn't because of Jez being there.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 29 May 2016, 7:21 pm

froggy wrote:Maybe Jane or Gerry was supposed to have done something at that time, but couldn't because of Jez being there.

I believe Gerry was supposed to jemmy the shutters around that time, but couldn't because Jez showed up.

And then when they concocted the Tannerman story, of course Jez wouldn't have seen Jane, because she wasn't there. So Gerry also said that he didn't see Jane.

If Jez had said that he didn't see Jane, and Gerry had said that he did, then Gerry would have had to have lied further, making the overall story more complex. He would have had to have answered questions, for instance, about what exactly Jane did, where she was standing, etc. Easier just to say he didn't see her.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 29 May 2016, 8:38 pm

canada12 wrote:
froggy wrote:Maybe Jane or Gerry was supposed to have done something at that time, but couldn't because of Jez being there.

I believe Gerry was supposed to jemmy the shutters around that time, but couldn't because Jez showed up.

And then when they concocted the Tannerman story, of course Jez wouldn't have seen Jane, because she wasn't there. So Gerry also said that he didn't see Jane.

If Jez had said that he didn't see Jane, and Gerry had said that he did, then Gerry would have had to have lied further, making the overall story more complex. He would have had to have answered questions, for instance, about what exactly Jane did, where she was standing, etc. Easier just to say he didn't see her.

If Jez is an innocent bystander then yes, you could be right C12. But due to the way his story changed about Rasta Man, the fact he and Bridget went back to sleep when there was a missing child, Bridget's sickly piece in the Guardian and the fact he was a film maker and she worked on Crimewatch makes me doubt they were.
Perhaps Jez didn't say he saw Jane for the same reasons you think Gerry might have denied it. But if one of them saw Jane then the other should have seen the abductor so another reason to deny all knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 29 May 2016, 8:44 pm

There was no abductor ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 29 May 2016, 9:01 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
canada12 wrote:

If Jez is an innocent bystander then yes, you could be right C12. But due to the way his story changed about Rasta Man, the fact he and Bridget went back to sleep when there was a missing child, Bridget's sickly piece in the Guardian and the fact he was a film maker and she worked on Crimewatch makes me doubt they were.
Perhaps Jez didn't say he saw Jane for the same reasons you think Gerry might have denied it. But if one of them saw Jane then the other should have seen the abductor so another reason to deny all knowledge.

That's my other theory about this, Chirpy - and so I agree with you too... if Jez was NOT an innocent bystandier, did he arrange to meet Gerry outside - and Gerry was supposed to jemmy the window and pass Madeleine's body to Jez, who would have wheeled it away in the buggy... did Jez actually do that, but Gerry was somehow unable to jemmy the window?

Or was Gerry also unable to pass Madeleine's body to Jez for some reason - so nothing went according to plan - thus resulting in Smithman and Tannerman?

Last edited by canada12 on Sun 29 May 2016, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next