MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

+13
poster
Dee Coy
unreorganised
Heisenburg
What's_up_doc?
joyce1938
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Mo
espeland
candyfloss
Freedom
Andrew
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case Empty Re: Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Post  Andrew Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:03 pm

His publisher and friend Manuel Fonseca – head of Guerra e Paz Editores, the firm which published Amaral’s first book – told us: “There is no book. It doesn’t exist, even as a draft. It may be he would like to work on a book some time, but for the moment that book doesn’t exist.

scratch Crying or Very sad
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case Empty Re: Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Post  Freedom Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:07 pm

I'm equally baffled.

Didn't PeterMac report the book was being finished in Switzerland or did I dream that?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:08 pm

Andrew wrote:His publisher and friend Manuel Fonseca – head of Guerra e Paz Editores, the firm which published Amaral’s first book – told us: “There is no book. It doesn’t exist, even as a draft. It may be he would like to work on a book some time, but for the moment that book doesn’t exist.

scratch Crying or Very sad

Very odd indeed especially as it has been touted in the media for weeks and even a year or two ago. Where does that leave the statement on CMoMM about PeterMac and others working with him and we would have to wait and see with a wink at the end.???? What's going on. Fake stories?? scratch

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:10 pm

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case
Goncalo Amaral, who made vile claims about Maddie's ­disappearance in his 2008 book The Truth of the Lie, was said to have been planning a follow-up

BYPATRICK HILL
22:31, 1 APR 2017UPDATED22:47, 1 APR 2017
NEWS

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been told the policeman who made vile claims about her ­disappearance has shelved plans for a second book.

Goncalo Amaral, who led the hunt in the Algarve when Maddie vanished aged three a decade ago, was said to have been planning a new book on the case.

The Portuguese ex-detective’s 2008 book – The Truth of the Lie – claimed the McCanns faked an abduction. It was never released in the UK and sparked a legal battle between the former officer and Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry.

Amaral, 57, was planning a controversial follow-up but the Sunday Mirror can reveal the project has been axed.

His publisher and friend Manuel Fonseca – head of Guerra e Paz Editores, the firm which published Amaral’s first book – told us: “There is no book. It doesn’t exist, even as a draft. It may be he would like to work on a book some time, but for the moment that book doesn’t exist.”

A McCann source said: “It will be a huge relief for Kate and Gerry.”

Sources said the proposed book was to focus on Operation Grange, the £10million Metropolitan police probe into Madeleine’s disapperance. Amaral’s first book was published three days after Portuguese authorities closed the inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance in 2008 and cleared Kate and Gerry of any wrongdoing.

The pair said Amaral’s book sparked a “massive tidal wave of lies” against them and last week they lost a third and final appeal to silence him in Portugal’s Supreme Court. They could now face a six-figure legal bill. Kate and Gerry, both 48, of Rothley, Leics, had sued Amaral over his book and he was ordered to pay them £360,000 in damages in 2015. .

Madeleine vanished from her parents’ Praia da Luz holiday flat on May 3, 2007.

This week a senior detective who carried out a three-year private probe revealed he believes an abductor will have confessed to a friend or relative. Retired Detective Inspector Dave Edgar said: “If anyone confided in you, now is the time to come forward.” He believes Maddie, who would now be 13, may still be alive.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:12 pm

The second book was going to look at OG. That it's now not going ahead doesn't alter the damage caused to the McCanns by the first book and perhaps also indicates that GA no longer feels the same way about OG - perhaps he's in some way involved in 'the next steps'?

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:14 pm

According to this the original publishers were passing info on to GA?

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13850-from-facebook-how-to-possibly-get-a-copy-of-dr-amaral-s-book-truth-of-the-lie-in-english

I wonder if OG are ready to close and have asked him not to publish anything??
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:17 pm

I wouldn't take the slightest bit of notice of what's been said on CMoMM.

And can we really see G.A or his publisher speaking to the The Mirror about it?

Will await and see what happens.

It is April Fools day (just late with it). A nice little trick pretending it's been axed but then the complete opposite.....

ETA - Yes a good point, Espeland.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:29 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that the second book was with a different publisher.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:32 pm

Yes, thinking about it a bit more then you both make very valid points, Mo and Espeland.

If the PJ and OG are close to the end game and therefore concluding this, then the last thing they would want in all fairness is GA telling even more that he knows and another book on it all.

If there is any truth in the article then I can actually now see that as very encouraging and maybe GA is on board with it all and the end is finally just around the corner....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:34 pm

Has his thoughts on OG changed?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:36 pm

My understanding of the new book was on the timeline the T9 came up with?
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:39 pm

I remember something about a 3rd timeline too?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:41 pm

Mo wrote:My understanding of the new book was on the timeline the T9 came up with?

May I ask where you heard that from, Mo? (I remember the 3rd timeline mentioned, just not in relation to this new book)

I was hoping it would be about that 'ace up his sleeve' that it was always said that he had.

Maybe he doesn't need to reveal that now after a little 'chat' with the PJ and OG.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:53 pm

I thought I heard it on the show he was on, the one where he mentioned the coffin in the church? I am probably mistaken but I personally wouldn't have thought he would write and publish a book about OG whilst an investigation was on-going with OG. My thinking is that it would be disrespectful seeing as the MPS put £1000 into his defence fund?
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:56 pm

I shall not comment until you bring us a link from a Portuguese news report Andrew.
I have difficulty believing what is printed in the tabloids here about The McCanns from their 'sources'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:58 pm

bluebell wrote:I shall not comment until you bring us a link from a Portuguese news report Andrew.  
I have difficulty believing what is printed in the tabloids here about The McCanns from their 'sources'.

Ok Boss. I'm on the case but I do know exactly what you mean flower
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 8:08 am

I would think ,maybe mr amaral ,would be cautious about what is written at this time ,if he thought ,this case could be close to going into any court.As some stuff we all talked about has been banded about for long time now ,never sure how close to truth we are . I hope this is clear ,its a job to get it down on paper reall,could be misconstrued.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Sun 02 Apr 2017, 9:07 am

I'm with Joyce if PJ think the case is close to resolution, he will probably defer til after a trial perhaps. He would then be free to write the whole truth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sun 02 Apr 2017, 9:17 am

From the link Andrew provided.

Sources said the proposed book was to focus on Operation Grange, the £10million Metropolitan police probe into Madeleine’s disapperance. Amaral’s first book was published three days after Portuguese authorities closed the inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance in 2008 and cleared Kate and Gerry of any wrongdoing.

Cleared of wrongdoing,what was it the Supreme court in Portugal said............................

as yes McCANNS NOT CLEARED say Supreme Court
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 9:41 am

I'll believe this report when, and if, GA, or a representative, confirms it.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:00 am

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:04 am

A FORMER top cop who spent three years searching for Madeleine McCann has offered to “come back on board” the hunt if needed by her parents.

Of course he will. If the price is right.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next