MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princess Diana - then and now

+9
PMR
candyfloss
Andrew
Mimi
Poppy
Dee Coy
Marky
Freedom
Admin
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 2 Empty Re: Princess Diana - then and now

Post  Andrew Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:30 pm

Will stick this one here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4205234/Prince-Charless-fairytale-life-new-biography.html

EXCLUSIVE: How Prince Charles wept over Camilla on the eve of wedding to Diana, was beaten by the princess when he knelt to pray and was so skittish he took his own food when visiting friends: The prince's less-than-fairytale life chronicled in new book
New York Times bestselling author Sally Bedell Smith chronicles the life of the heir to the throne in her new book
Smith describes how the prince's parents was cold, but his Great Uncle Lord Louis ‘Dickie’ Mountbatten taught him about love and women
When Charles met Camilla he was head over heels, but he was forced to marry virginal Diana after receiving a letter from his father Prince Phillip
During their rows at Kensington Palace Diana used to taunt Charles that he would ‘never be king’, knowing it caused him deep consternation
Diana resented anything to do with his previous life including his beloved yellow Lab, Harvey, who was banished to live with an advisor
Charles has the same breakfast every day, specially mixed wheat germ and cereal grains, honey and preserves on a silver tray and tea
He would bring his own food and chef to cook his meals even if he was attending an event at a friend’s house

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 20 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm

It sounds like an absolute load of old twaddle. I've never heard of this author before though I now know that she has written other books on the Royal Family.

Personally, I think it's time to call a halt on any more books like this. Can there be anything new to come out of this sad story?

By the way, does anyone else remember the equally disastrous marriage in the early 1970s of the then Canadian prime minister Pierre Trudeau and his much younger wife, Margaret? She led him a merry dance, to put it mildly.

The current P M is their son Justin.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 20 Mar 2017, 4:25 pm

Feel sorry for the kids if they read it - it`s a real `let`s slag off Diana piece`.

To begin with I hardly think Charles knelt by the bed and said prayers at night !!!!

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 20 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm

I should imagine that they're well used to it by now and will be expecting a load of stuff - good and bad - to be said about Diana in this 20th anniversary year.

I feel that it's time to leave all the bad things that happened in the past and concentrate on the happier times that there were as well; something that I try to do with events in my own life too.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 2 Empty Princess Diana - then and now

Post  Guest Mon 20 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

Freedom wrote:It sounds like an absolute load of old twaddle. I've never heard of this author before though I now know that she has written other books on the Royal Family.

Personally, I think it's time to call a halt on any more books like this. Can there be anything new to come out of this sad story?

By the way, does anyone else remember the equally disastrous marriage in the early 1970s of the then Canadian prime minister Pierre Trudeau and his much younger wife, Margaret? She led him a merry dance, to put it mildly.

The current P M is their son Justin.

Yes extremely well. Margaret was many years Pierre Trudeau's junior and came from a wealthy Vancouver family. She suffered from mental health issues and isn't shy about discussing them now. She spoke about them here: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/i-no-longer-had-the-ability-to-reason-margaret-trudeau-talks-about-life-before-mental-health-diagnosis

She's very well supported now and has her bipolar disorder treated and maintained. Her son Justin has also spoken publicly about his mother's disorder and is a strong advocate for mental health policies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 02 Apr 2017, 11:20 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm

Just found myself reading this so might as well stick it up here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4377214/Inside-toxic-court-Charles-startling-portrait.html

Inside the toxic court of Charles: How the Prince dropped friends over disagreements, brutally dismissed loyal staff and even made digs at The Queen

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 07 May 2017, 11:20 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 31 May 2017, 8:44 am

I'll put this link here as well as elsewhere - we're in for a load of regurgitated stories with the 20th anniversary approaching.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4556606/Diana-s-Paris-crash-car-death-trap.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 31 May 2017, 10:14 am

Freedom wrote:Perish the thought that the BBC would ever knowingly broadcast false information!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/801297/BBC-Prince-Harry-Princess-Diana-Prince-Charles-son-slur-James-Hewitt-King-parentage

I`m not a royalist but that charming little drama is in such bad taste, whether it`s true or not. I wonder which bright spark thought of that - just shows the types you`ve got working at the BBC. The media just seem in competition these days as to who can screen the most lurid, the most violent and the most shocking dramas - it`s a slippery slope.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 10 Jun 2017, 1:51 pm

It will be interesting to see whether Madeleine or Diana creates the most anniversary stories.

Diana's anniversary has started really early for supposed scoops that we've heard many times before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4590146/What-Charles-told-Diana-engagement.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:33 pm

Will put this here as it links to Diana and the unhappy marriage to Charles.  Camilla now having her say.........

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 2 DDCFLwQUwAAlb2d

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:49 pm

Well, it makes a change to hear from Camilla but I still think that it's time to leave all this in the past.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 23 Jun 2017, 10:14 pm

.... Is anybody actually bothered about Camilla's side?

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 23 Jun 2017, 10:35 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 6:44 am

I quite like Camilla. I think she's behaved with dignity throughout. I think it's a shame she didn't marry Charles instead of Diana. William and Harry have obviously accepted her. But I hope she doesn't go down the road of discrediting Diana, I don't think she will, because the British people won't stand for that as she's the People's Princess in many people's eyes. Although not mine as I thought she was well out of order throwing herself down the stairs for attention when she was pregnant with William. I'm not sure she should have published her side of the story though. But I think her PR team are coming out in force now, just as they did before she married Charles, as the Queen and Prince Philip won't be around for too much longer. I also don't think it looks good for Prince Harry to keep having a moan. The Royal Family should be above all that and have an air of mystery about them. I've never seen the Queen having a moan, at least not until Helen Mirren played her, but even that was tastefully done. I like the Queen and Prince Philip and I think the rest of the Royals have a lot to live up to once they have passed away and it will spell the end of the Monarchy as we now know it. Jeremy Corbyn is very disrespeful to the Monarchy.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:06 pm

So today is the 20th anniversary of Diana's death, and the Sun has the Diana tapes Rolling Eyes   Will they ever let this woman rest in peace?

Princess Diana - then and now - Page 2 DGF5dedWAAInZTf

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 31 Jul 2017, 11:00 pm

Sunday August 6th Channel 4.

I`ve seen these recordings before, but can`t remember where.  It`s nothing new.

Anyway IMO it`s good that the public have an insight into what she had to go through.

P.S. It was NBC in America.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Tue 01 Aug 2017, 6:14 am

Candy Dianna died on the 31st August 1997 not 31st July
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Aug 2017, 8:02 am

It will be heavy-going between now and the 20th anniversary with the tabloids falling over themselves to dish the dirt.

This programme with William and Harry should be more pleasant to watch.

https://www.itv.com/hub/diana-our-mother-her-life-and-legacy/2a4883a0001
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 01 Aug 2017, 8:05 am

PMR wrote:Candy Dianna died on the 31st August 1997 not 31st July

Yes, of course she did PMR, I have had one of those forgetting days, thought it was August, you get them a lot at my age.. Smile Embarassed

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 05 Aug 2017, 12:26 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:09 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:19 am

I thought the programme was a bit of a damp squib.

I could not see anything in the programme that was so awful that it was worth all the fuss over showing it, it just showed her as she was, a baby who got married to a dream, and was badly let down by the older man who did not, ever, appear to love her.

If she had not been so young his famous reaction to the question about being in love would have (possibly) alerted her, when he asks "whatever being in love is".

For all her faults, she genuinely wanted to love him, and she was a good mother to her sons. She did her best to be what everyone else wanted her to be, but ultimately, was doomed to fail, she needed to be married to an older man who adored her.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 07 Aug 2017, 7:38 pm

Just watched it. How sad. But in many peoples` eyes it was the beginning of the end for the monarchy - showed them up good and proper.

I don`t believe she wanted to be adored - just cared for. She always had an independent streak and was able to do her own thing (Moon in Aquarius) but her main need was to have a proper family life, to care and be cared for (Sun in Cancer).

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next