MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news

+25
AndyB
Admin
chrissie
dannii
Dee Coy
froggy
Bampots
Mimi
mumof6
niklasericson
What's_up_doc?
Poe
candyfloss
Helenmeg
Heisenburg
unreorganised
saloongirl
dogs don't lie
chirpyinsect
bluebell
Antonia
Châtelaine
hesla
Freedom
Andrew
29 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news

Post  Poe Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 4 Giphy

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news

Post  Andrew Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:06 pm

cheers Very Happy

Are you on the vino, Canada....

(just joking)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:14 pm

No just at work and feeling buoyed by the Portuguese decision :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:22 pm

And rightly so. flower

(quite tricky making a joke out of a digital coordinator.... I couldn't have done any better)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm

It's actually a proper job title - I thought it was made up!

https://www.indeed.co.uk/Digital-Coordinator-jobs-in-England
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm

Indeed it is....

Command around a 25k P/A on average. Is the fund paying for that....?

Or is Kate doing it for free.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 22 Mar 2017, 11:22 pm

I still think it could be Pammy - she certainly seems to have sod all to do except ward off McCann sceptics 24/7.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Official Madeleine McCann Facebook page and website news - Page 4 Empty Statement from Kate and Gerry McCann on FindMadeleine.com

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:03 pm

24 April, 2017 - Ten Years

findmadeleine.com
Ten years- there's no easy way to say it, describe it, accept it. I remember when Madeleine first disappeared I couldn’t even begin to consider anything in terms of years. Shawn Hornbeck abducted and kept hidden for over four years, Natascha Kampusch for over eight years. I couldn't go there. And now here we are...Madeleine, our Madeleine- ten years.
Most days are similar to the rest - another day. May 3rd 2017 - another day. But ten years - a horrible marker of time, stolen time.
We are bracing ourselves for the next couple of weeks. It's likely to be stressful and painful and more so given the rehashing of old 'stories', misinformation, half-truths and downright lies which will be doing the rounds in the newspapers, social media and 'special edition' TV programmes.
Media appearances are draining and on occasion, unhelpful to the only thing we want, finding Madeleine. They need to have a purpose. We could spend all our time and energy trying to defend ourselves by correcting inaccuracies and lies, but then we would have no strength left to look for Madeleine, look after our other children and to live our life.
I truly hope that those reporting on the 'story' over the next couple of weeks will have a conscience. Even if little consideration for Gerry and me is shown, they will at least bear in mind the effect such unfounded and unwarranted negativity could have on our other children - and of course Madeleine.
Thankfully, there is an active police investigation to try and find Madeleine and bring her abductor to justice. There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum.
The two themes that seem most appropriate to me as we reach this ten year mark are perseverance and gratitude: We will go on, try our hardest, never give up and make the best of the life we have.
We consider ourselves immensely fortunate to have received the love, solidarity and support from so many kind and decent people over the last decade. There have been many challenges and low points along the way but the warmth, encouragement and positivity we have experienced from the ‘quiet majority’ has undoubtedly sustained us and maintained our faith in human goodness. And while that is there, there will always be hope.
Thank you so much from all of our family.
Kate and Gerry
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:16 pm

I've read it again and it's still a load of bollox!
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:40 am

"....in term of years"?

G.M "I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleines disappearance in the long term."

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:35 am

To me this sounds like they are not expecting positive stories over the anniversary.

I think they know that the police case is due to finish.

They also want to spin the lack of media interviews over the anniversary. I wonder whether the organisation that bought the exclusive is no longer interested? Either that, or was the interview organised by OG, which is closing early?

mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:36 am

Even if little consideration for Gerry and me is shown, they will at least bear in mind the effect such unfounded and unwarranted negativity could have on our other children - and of course Madeleine.

Order of priority Gerry, Kate then the twins. Madeleine is an afterthought who is no longer considered to be one of their children.

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:59 am

I'm wondering why she has put 'story' in inverted commas, presumably it's because she is anticipating a story other than her own being told? She repeats this with 'storys' and I'm hoping this means there might be a significant shift in the focus of the narrative from the one TM story to something a bit more open ended perhaps. 'Faith', 'hope', 'strength', 'perseverance ' lots of virtuous abstract nouns, not what I was expecting and not very TM which is all about action and being seen to be doing something, so I'm finding that puzzling...

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:03 am

To me sounds like they no longer have Carter Ruck and C Mitchell ready at the snap of a finger to do their bidding, and they are avoiding media appearances themselves because of a large change in public opinion? Just IMO.

"It's likely to be stressful and painful and more so given the rehashing of old 'stories', misinformation, half-truths and downright lies which will be doing the rounds in the newspapers, social media and 'special edition' TV programmes.
Media appearances are draining and on occasion, unhelpful to the only thing we want, finding Madeleine. They need to have a purpose. We could spend all our time and energy trying to defend ourselves by correcting inaccuracies and lies"

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:23 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3407310/madeleine-mccanns-mother-kate-reveals-heartache-at-missing-maddie-as-10th-anniversary-approaches-and-brands-it-a-horrible-marker-of-stolen-time/

DECADE OF PAIN Madeleine McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry reveal heartache at missing Maddie as 10th anniversary approaches and brands it ‘a horrible marker of stolen time’
They also thanked the 'quiet majority' for their support, in a heartfelt message posted on Find Maddie campaign Facebook page
By Sam Christie
25th April 2017, 8:56 am Updated: 25th April 2017, 9:12 am
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:49 am

It`s just another `Statement issued from Buckingham Palace`

...........  which all the subjects are supposed to hail

"All hail McCann, hail to thee Thane of Glasgow"

Last edited by Mimi on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:50 am

The statement is a change from their usual arrogant drivel ... they are definitely bracing themselves for something..
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:58 am

It was going to be such a big milestone, CM in Australia with those tweets and the bidding war for interviews Here are 2..

MADDIE BIDDING WAR Madeleine McCann’s family at centre of TV chat show rights scrap on 10th anniversary of tot’s disappearance
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2779529/madeleine-mccann-family-tv-10th-anniversary/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/588993/Maddie-McCann-parents-Kate-gerry-cash-in-claims-10th-anniversary-disappearance

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:59 am

Helenmeg wrote:The statement is a change from their usual arrogant drivel  ... they are definitely bracing themselves for something..

It does sound subdued....

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:01 am

candyfloss wrote:
Helenmeg wrote:The statement is a change from their usual arrogant drivel  ... they are definitely bracing themselves for something..

Have a heart. Ten years without their first born, whatever the reason.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:19 am

unreorganised wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Absolutely Un-re....it does hint at the malestrom to come and i dont doubt for a minute that so called facts have been twisted and mistepresented. That misrepresentation is no less from people who claim to support them....it always looks to me that the Macs are at the centre but not in control of their destiny...that lies with others! I hope for their sake we all get some kind of closure soon.....

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:24 am

unreorganised wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

I actually feel sad for them, it does sound subdued. What I was trying to say is they are normally upbeat etc. planning, interviews and we were warned of bidding wars etc. Just seems peculiar.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:25 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4442958/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-tell-heartache.html

'It's a horrible marker of stolen time': Missing Madeleine McCann's parents Kate and Gerry reflect on decade of heartache as 10th anniversary looms
By RICHARD SPILLETT, CRIME CORRESPONDENT FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 10:08, 25 April 2017 | UPDATED: 10:08, 25 April 2017
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:36 am

I feel desperately sad for the twins. But do I feel sad for the parents..... No, I don't.

They've created this mess and they need to be held accountable for it. Sorry, but that's just my opinion.

Whatever happens now, the show must come to an end. One way or another.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next