MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events

4 posters

Go down

Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events Empty Temporary topic

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 03 May 2023, 10:54 pm

16yrs today Madeleine, still in our thoughts Sad

Back to top Go down

Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events Empty Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events

Post  Freedom Thu 04 May 2023, 7:49 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events Empty Re: Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events

Post  Freedom Thu 04 May 2023, 9:09 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events Empty Re: Amelie joins in the 16th anniversary events

Post  Antonia Thu 04 May 2023, 12:08 pm

Interestingly, Amelie's twin Sean did not attend this 16th anniversary. Why?

And the other thing I learnt, from the press coverage is that Kate (now 55) is a medical worker with dementia sufferers.  Why not a 'doctor' with dementia sufferers?  I think the phrase medical worker was used several years ago.  is she still on the register of qualified and active doctors? Medical worker is a vague term.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 May 2023, 12:30 pm

Yes, Kate is on the medical register.

https://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/3688421

I wonder if Sean has stopped believing in fairy tales.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 04 May 2023, 2:05 pm

Freedom wrote:Yes, Kate is on the medical register.

https://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/3688421

I wonder if Sean has stopped believing in fairy tales.

Your link says she is on the GP register BUT under this it states ' this doctor is subject to revalidation'

Surely if she was entitled to use the term Dr (meaning a medical doctor) and she is working with (whether paid or unpaid) people with dementia she would use the term Doctor/ Also the media would refer to her as Dr Kate McCann automatically. They must have used the term medical worker in their recent press releases.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 May 2023, 5:06 pm

Is there anything straightforward in this case?!

The term medical worker seems to be a generic term: "What is another name for a medical worker? A person in the medical profession. practitioner. doctor. physician. general practitioner".

Perhaps it's more common in America than here?

Last edited by Freedom on Thu 04 May 2023, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 04 May 2023, 5:37 pm

I have never heard the term medical worker used in the UK or Ireland. I mean if you are a medical doctor you call yourself a doctor, if you are a nurse you call yourself a nurse and so on for physios etc.  If you work in a hospital doing the filing of medical records and typing medical reports - are you a 'medical worker'?

It puzzles me why Kate and her PR team have made the decision for her not to be referred to as a (medical) doctor and used this vague term which could mean someone much less qualified than she is.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 07 May 2023, 5:36 pm

Another skim through article for the sake of my blood pressure. The nameless friend spoke to The Sun so it all must be true! Kate only returned to full-time work within the last two years.

https://evoke.ie/2021/09/21/life-style/kate-mccann-returns-to-work-as-gp-for-first-time-since-madeline-disappeared
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Thu 11 May 2023, 1:12 pm

Kates not happy.

4th May, 2023
I am writing this message to the media in general. I expect it may not appear in print or on-line but hope that it will spark a conscience in some.

As we do every year, we gathered in our village yesterday evening to mark the anniversary of our daughter Madeleine’s abduction. It was a special event and lovely to sense the hope and warmth of those who were there.

I was dismayed, however, that this sadly provided an opportunity for a local journalist to exploit the presence of our younger daughter who does not wish to be photographed or interviewed and was made to feel uncomfortable, especially at such a special moment of hope for Madeleine.

Our son and daughter turned eighteen this year - but I truly hope this will not make them targets for those journalists looking to make financial gain.

Please can I appeal to you that you respect our children’s privacy and let them live their lives.

Kate

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 11 May 2023, 2:12 pm

Pass the sick bag.

If Kate were sincere about this, and worried about media intrusion, she would have suggested to Amelie that she didn't go, or went in a hoodie etc so hard to recognise her. Her twin Sean did not go, so he didn't get photographed. I'd love to know why he didn't go - maybe he doesn't believe his parents version of Madeleine's disappearance?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 11 May 2023, 3:55 pm

It would be nice if Kate had a conscience which could be sparked!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down