MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate

+3
Bampots
Heisenburg
Freedom
7 posters

Go down

The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate Empty The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate

Post  Freedom Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:13 am

This case from 1978 has been mentioned elsewhere so it now has its own topic.

Here's a Wikipedia link and the latest news report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Genette_Tate

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Tributes-left-grave-Genette-Tate-disappeared-36/story-22782972-detail/story.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate Empty Re: The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate

Post  Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:19 pm

It has never been solved but I remember Maartje Tamboezer and the search for her. 
Several entries in Wiki but the two killers were found although it looks to me that life sentences could soon run out, horrible thought.
http://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/duffy-john.htm

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate Empty Re: The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate

Post  Freedom Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm

I remember all the murder victims.

I sincerely hope that these two creatures never see the light of day (outside prison) again.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm

Freedom wrote:I remember all the murder victims.

I sincerely hope that these two creatures never see the light of day (outside prison) again.
One point is that one of them had 33 house keys, so likely that there were many victims. 
 A friend of mine is an ex-police woman. she and her colleague caught a serial rapist when he used a phone box by winding a rope around the box whilst she waited for back-up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 8:57 pm

Hahaha!

In our town some local yobs broke into the painter and decorator shop and trashed it. All that police had to do in the morning was follow the multi-coloured foot prints up the pavement....

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate Empty Robert Black notorious child killer dies.

Post  Heisenburg Tue 12 Jan 2016, 6:11 pm

Its on a rolling news feed on the beeb,he was believed to have been responsible for Gennette Tates disappearance,he'll be no loss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35296135
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 12 Jan 2016, 6:36 pm

I remember these cases well.

No loss to the world, that's for sure.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 13 Jan 2016, 1:29 am

I've just read Blacks "Murderpedia" and what an awful tale it is. He was undoubtedly a monster of the first degree,with the seemingly usual background.......abandoned by mother,Unknown father,brutal stepdad,stepmother died when eleven and a social outcast.
What stands out in his horrific murder of young girls is although they all bore the same MO,none of them were planned. He undoubtedly took the job delivering posters countrywide with a view to the perverted opportunities it afforded,but,the victims were chance encounters,albeit he knew,they at sometime,would happen and then he would be ready to enact his brutal fantasy. That is what stands out to me......here we have a real life child molester. His aim was always with him,governed by one thing...opportunity. When he struck it was by chance,though he probably knew what was required to be done after he committed his atrocious acts. I think this is the way with these monsters,no surveillance,no particular planning,just a perverted urge acted upon when the opportunity was there,the victim was helpless and the chance of capture minimal anything else would be fraught with risk.

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.B/b/black-robert.htm

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 13 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm

An interview with Genette Tate's father.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-01-13/genette-tates-father-tells-itv-news-robert-blacks-death-means-i-will-never-be-able-to-grieve-for-my-daughter/

I hadn't heard that there were any plans to charge Black with the murder.

I have always wondered if Genette's father was involved but presumably he was able to provide a solid alibi.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 13 Jan 2016, 6:53 pm

Devon and Cornwall police were going to submit a file to the CPS next month,they still can and might it said on the local news.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 13 Jan 2016, 8:27 pm

Are you sure about that you sound a little uncertain!!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the disappearance of Genette Tate Empty Back in Black...

Post  Rosa canina Wed 13 Jan 2016, 9:07 pm

Thank you for that Murderpedia link, Bampots - what a nasty freak Robert Black was.

The bit about him swimming laps in the pool after hours with a broomstick in situ - dear God!!
Rosa canina
Rosa canina

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Thu 14 Jan 2016, 2:49 pm

Bampots wrote:Are you sure about that you sound a little uncertain!!!!

I was sure,not certain of the police statement though.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:10 pm

Sorry Heisenburg that was meant to be a joke about Heisenbergs theory of uncertainty....backfired a bit lol.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Thu 14 Jan 2016, 4:26 pm

Bampots wrote:Sorry Heisenburg that was meant to be a joke about Heisenbergs theory of uncertainty....backfired a bit lol.

Ah! my bad.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Thu 14 Jan 2016, 6:34 pm

Local news is reporting that they have two new important pieces of information from two witnesses,they will present a file to the CPS with the aim of them (CPS) saying yes this would have brought a charge against Black.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Jan 2016, 9:41 am

This link has been posted elsewhere so I'm putting it here too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3402045/Child-killer-Robert-Black-died-prison-just-days-charged-1978-murder-schoolgirl-Genette-Tate.html

This is the first time - as far as I recall anyway - that I have ever seen a different photo of Genette than the one that was published when she disappeared - obviously taken several years earlier.

The one of her in this article looks nothing like that photo. Like a certain other more recent and infamous case, I wonder why a more up-to-date photo wasn't issued at the time.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

That thought also went into my head right away ,why a younger picture ,are we all getting paranoid ? joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm

I don't think that I felt paranoid about it at the time, just that it was odd. I remember a very strange quote from her father - that schools should take official photos more frequently as the one that was published was out of date.

What??? Did he have no recent family photos? As we now know from the photo in this article, he did have at least one that could have been used.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 13 Apr 2016, 8:45 am

I've just come across this site which raises some interesting points. It hasn't been updated since 2011 though.

https://genetteinvestigation.wordpress.com/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Oct 2016, 10:23 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:00 am

Petrol receipts had a bearing on one other of his convictions I believe,more likely him then any one else imo.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 03 May 2017, 5:04 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 03 May 2017, 5:52 pm

As bad as it is to loose a child, this really almost makes me "vomit" ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 03 May 2017, 5:59 pm

The clip of Mitchell and Lorraine makes me sick. Again.

And what did they do on the sofa when it went to adverts.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down