MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick

4 posters

Go down

The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick Empty Amy Fitzpatrick

Post  Freedom Fri 15 May 2015, 9:32 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick Empty Re: The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick

Post  Andrew Fri 15 May 2015, 9:48 am

Was reading about this the other day.

Utterly bizarre indeed.

You literally couldn't make it up.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 May 2015, 1:43 pm

The Olive Press from Southern Spain, editor/owner Jon Clarke, wrote some very good articles about Amy Fitzpatrick.

This is all the more surprising in view of the rubbish articles he regularly posted on sightings and other things McCann. Those were badly researched and appeared frequently at imo very useful times, particularly close to the anniversary of the disappearance. PeterMac made a list of these çoincidences'once. iirc.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/tag/amy-fitzpatrick/

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 05 Aug 2015, 4:07 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 26 Apr 2016, 9:46 am

Missing Amy Fitzpatrick’s stepdad charged with murdering stepson

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2016/04/26/missing-amy-fitzpatricks-stepdad-charged-with-murdering-stepson/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 07 May 2016, 12:58 pm

candyfloss wrote:Missing Amy Fitzpatrick’s stepdad charged with murdering stepson

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2016/04/26/missing-amy-fitzpatricks-stepdad-charged-with-murdering-stepson/

The above link no longer works but here's the outcome of the trial.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/david-mahon-found-guilty-of-manslaughter-of-his-stepson-34684984.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick Empty Missing children

Post  Andrew Mon 24 Oct 2016, 12:49 pm

This one was all very strange. I think it was discussed in the past somewhere on here but it's in the news again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-says-husband-jailed-killing-9114769

But Audrey insisted Amy and Dean never had any reason to fear their stepdad - and that he "loved them like a father".

Stepdad kills Dean and Amy goes missing.

Lots of reason to fear.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Oct 2016, 12:59 pm

I've put your post here as there are earlier mentions of this case.

Just to clarify that Amy disappeared first and then, some years later, her brother was killed, supposedly in self-defence.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick Empty The mystery of Amy Fitzpatrick

Post  Andrew Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:19 pm

The last person to see her before she vanished was her best friend Ashley Rose, who was living just 10 minutes away from Amy’s home in the Riviera del Sol complex.

She had been very unhappy in the days before she disappeared and was spending much of her time with Ashley because she didn’t want to go home.

Amy’s dad Christopher said that his daughter and son had been “terrified” as kids living with Dave Mahon who was jailed for seven years for manslaughter this week.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/what-really-happened-amy-fitzpatrick-8189217
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 22 May 2017, 4:21 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 4:40 pm

Forgot all about this one.

He must've been involved in Amy's 'disappearance'..... Surely?

Imo, etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Mon 22 May 2017, 4:58 pm

We all know that statistically when a child vanishes the answer normally lies in the family/extended family/neighbours etc. This teenager had been reluctantly brought to Spain by her mother and her new partner and separated from her dad who appears to have been a nice guy. I read reports in the media at the time. It was New years Eve and Amy's mum Audrey had been drinking a lot and collapsed into bed leaving her partner Dave (presumably) having even more New Years Eve drinks on his own.

My theory, Amy comes home, probably dressed provocatively as she was a teenager and it was New Years Eve, and most likely a bit tipsy tho she was only 15 I think. Drunken Dave makes a pass at his sexy step daughter and is repelled and she says a few choice words...He doesn't take no for an answer, there is a minor fracas through which her drunken mother sleeps, and Amy ends up dead though this was not his intention. So he removes the body. I may be wrong about this but I think he was then some sort of estate agent with access to property (shades of Murat!)so maybe he could have used an empty property as a temporary hiding place. In the morning Amy mum wakes up with him and they then find Amy didn't come home.

It appears none of her family liked him. the brother must have hated him and may have tried to get the mother to leave him. Back in Ireland Dean would have had more support against his stepdad. The stepdad argued that he stuck his knife into deans stomach in self defence or that it was suicide and he deliberately ran into the knife! The jury didn't buy it. Now four years after he was sentenced for manslaughter he is appealing the severity of his 7 year sentence. I hope the sentence can be increased! Even if he had nothing to do with Amy's disappearance, how could he kill her only remaining child when he (allegedly) loved her?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 5:04 pm

A very plausible theory, Antonia.

Here's the Wiki link for a bit more info on it all:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Amy_Fitzpatrick
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 22 May 2017, 5:17 pm

I may be having a senior moment but I don't recall hearing this bit before. Ye gods, which brilliant detectives have they used?

Audrey Fitzpatrick has taken on private investigators who have been working on Fitzpatrick’s case since 2008. They are the same detectives used in the case of Madeleine McCann's disappearance. They are following up on names that they think might be significant, mainly two English people.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 5:22 pm

Just spotted that as well from the Wiki link.

Actually don't think I've read it before.

Metado wotsit then?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Mon 22 May 2017, 5:27 pm

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tv3-postpone-amy-fitzpatrick-documentary-after-mother-threatens-legal-action-35050990.html

See Amy's mum threatened to sue to stop a TV documentary about the case. And who was the investigative journo - non other than our old friend Donal McIntyre! What other family sues to stop people giving their honest opinion. How upsetting for ace detective McIntyre!
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 22 May 2017, 5:27 pm

I thought of the dynamic duo Edgar and Cowley.

So far this is all I've found - a company hired by Amy's father.

http://www.liamabrady.ie/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 5:38 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 22 May 2017, 5:41 pm

I've never heard of a young brother - a half-sibling presumably, same father?

A third balloon from Amy's four-year-old brother Alex said: 'To my sister... Miss You Loads.'
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 5:42 pm

http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/home/229874/bring-finn-home-campaign-focuses-on-leitrim.html

.... Bigger than the Madeleine McCann case says Brady.

(It's about a missing dog)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 22 Jul 2021, 11:52 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 22 Jul 2021, 4:28 pm

This is not really an update on the case.  

The deluded wife of the man (Dave Mahon) who killed her son has given a long interview to a tabloid as he will be out of prison imminently. He got 7 years for manslaughter but will be let out after 5 years. I would like to know did the tabloid contact her for an interview or did she contact the paper offering an exclusive. I suspect the latter and that she got a good fee. She is trying to paint a good picture of her husband and saying that her late son was troubled.

She refers to evil trolls and what they have said about the case.  Reminds me of Kate McCann not liking armchair detectives!  Also the family used the same 'expert' detectives to find her missing daughter who vanished aged 15 from Spain where the family was then living.

I remember reading a lot about the case at the time. My impression was that the stepfather made a pass at his stepdaughter when she came home late and she rejected him. Drink was involved and there was a scuffle and she ended up dead. His wife was upstairs sleeping off a lot of drink. I think it was New Year's Eve. Husband removes the body, returns and in her drunken stupor she has no idea when he came to bed.

I suspect the son had a good idea what happened to his sister and that relations deteriorated after that. The family returned to Ireland.  At the trial it was claimed that the son had a knife and threatened his stepfather who took it away from him and then the son ran into the outstretched knife. Hence, an accident!

The jury didn't believe it, hence the manslaughter verdict.  Only 7 years for that, less with remission.

This woman has lost both her children. She must suspect that her husband had a part in her daughter's disappearance.  Yet she copes by pretending he is the victim and people will not think well of him when he is out of prison unless she gives interviews telling her side of the story.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Wed 28 Jul 2021, 4:25 pm

The Fitzpatrick son killer Dave Mahon came out of prison today after only 5 years for a vicious murder (the sentence was for manslaughter!).
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Fri 03 Sep 2021, 4:04 pm

Dave Mahon, recently released early from prison for good behaviour is in trouble following a violent assault on an OAP.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/convicted-killer-dave-mahon-arrested-over-alleged-assault-on-pensioner-40802596.html

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/partner-slain-dean-fitzpatrick-fears-24880801?utm_source=mantis_rec&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=more_like_this

This further throws into question his claims at his trial for the killing of missing Amy's brother Dean, that Dean was troubled, suicidal and it was self defence. Mahon seems to have a vicious temper. Just what threat was the OAP posing to him? In the linked article Dean's partner denies he was suicidal - he had a loving partner and young son. This latest violence confirms my theory that Mahon accidentally killed Amy in a drunken rage when she rejected his advances with her mother in a drunken stupor upstairs in bed. Dean may have had strong suspicions about his sister's disappearance, and his voicing them was the cause of his death.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down