MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Michael Barrymore / Stuart Lubbock case

+11
Châtelaine
dannii
unreorganised
chirpyinsect
Mimi
Bampots
Inca
Andrew
bluebell
Admin
PMR
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Michael Barrymore / Stuart Lubbock case - Page 3 Empty Re: The Michael Barrymore / Stuart Lubbock case

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:37 am

My last word on the subject. TB was horrible to Candyfloss when she was going through a time of personal loss. Not the actions of a Christian. His beef with Andrew, whether real or imagined, should not have given him carte blanche to treat a fellow human being in that way.

Back to top Go down

The Michael Barrymore / Stuart Lubbock case - Page 3 Empty Re: The Michael Barrymore / Stuart Lubbock case

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:53 am

Please could any further Tony / CMoMM comments (other than strictly relating to the Barrymore case) be posted here.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1574p100-cmomm-website?highlight=cmomm+website
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:23 am

Michael Barrymore to sue police for compensation in High Court

The entertainer takes legal action against police after being questioned over the death of a man in his swimming pool.

07:27, UK,
Thursday 08 December 2016  

By Joe Tidy, Sky News Reporter

Comedian and TV presenter Michael Barrymore will have his case for compensation from Essex Police heard in a High Court trial.

Barrymore, 64, has taken legal action against the force as a result of being arrested and questioned in connection with the discovery of the body of a butcher in a swimming pool at his home.

Stuart Lubbock, 31, of Harlow, Essex, was found dead after a party at the Strike It Lucky star's house in nearby Roydon in March 2001.

Barrymore was arrested and held for questioning six years later, but never charged.

Lawyers representing Mr Barrymore and Essex Police appeared on Wednesday at a preliminary High Court hearing in London.

Stuart Lubbock was found dead in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool in 2001
Image Caption:
Stuart Lubbock was found dead in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool in 2001

Barrister Lorna Skinner, who headed Barrymore's legal team, said the arrest had received widespread publicity and had a "devastating" effect on the entertainer's career.

Miss Skinner said Essex Police bosses were arguing that the entertainer should receive "nominal" damages.

She said a judge would have to decide whether there had been "reasonable grounds" for Barrymore's arrest.

Master Eastman indicated that a trial would be staged in 2017.

The next preliminary hearing is scheduled to take place on 21 December.

"The claim arises out of the arrest and detention of the claimant ... on suspicion of rape and murder on 14 June 2007," said Miss Skinner in a written skeleton argument.

"It has never been established that the deceased, Mr Stuart Lubbock, was either raped or murdered," the argument continued.

Miss Skinner said Barrymore had never been charged with rape or murder, or any other offence resulting from his arrest.

She added: "The claimant contends that the fact of his arrest on such serious charges - which received widespread publicity - had a devastating effect on his career and hence his earnings."  

http://news.sky.com/story/michael-barrymore-to-sue-police-for-compensation-in-high-court-10687275

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:29 pm

This won't make TB very happy Barrymore filming new TV sitcom...

Michael Barrymore
✔  ‎@MrBarrymore  

Brilliant second day filming with Tom Brooke. Never mentioned 'Game Of Thrones' once...class act, an a really nice guy. I'm knackered! Ha X

11:51 PM - 11 Mar 2017

Michael Barrymore
✔  ‎@MrBarrymore  

It's a new sit com John …

11:56 PM - 11 Mar 2017

Michael Barrymore
✔  ‎@MrBarrymore  

The production company filming it put that picture on of us on set. I can't say, just yet. Still a lot to film. How's you Sue? X

12:10 AM - 12 Mar 2017

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

I won't be rushing to watch it either - simply because in my opinion MB is one of the unfunniest cringe worthy people ever to appear on TV!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:53 pm

Freedom wrote:I won't be rushing to watch it either - simply because in my opinion MB is one of the unfunniest cringe worthy people ever to appear on TV!

It's a fair point. I once had a, ahem, "intimate" disease that was funnier and more welcome than him.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 13 Mar 2017, 1:24 pm

..... Funnier than this?

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 13 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

Andrew wrote:..... Funnier than this?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quality. Couldn't happen to a nicer fella.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 13 Mar 2017, 4:40 pm

I'm sure that I've posted this before.

What I can't get over is that the audience thought this was funny.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 6:03 pm

Bennett plugging his book again and send your cash to Essex.

I thought him and Verdi moved to Shropshire.. scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 22 May 2017, 9:48 pm

That is strange. Why would anyone want correspondence sent to their old address?

His name is spelled "benentt" in his e-mail address; also odd.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 9:54 pm

... Nope. Not odd in the slightest, if you think the old codge is a fake and a fraud.

Which I do. (only my opinion).

Bottle up your copper jar and get the resident carrier pigeon to send it over.

Sorry. That's next week.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 10:26 pm

A new article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/police-michael-barrymore-son-down-10478295

And a fascinating piece included with the honourable Tony Bennett.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 22 May 2017, 10:34 pm

I can't see anything there about the other Mr B.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 10:36 pm

Freedom wrote:I can't see anything there about the other Mr B.

Exactly!
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 22 May 2017, 10:39 pm

Andrew wrote:Bennett plugging his book again and send your cash to Essex.

I thought him and Verdi moved to Shropshire.. scratch

Sorry but I`m in fits `ere - Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Tue 23 May 2017, 12:13 am

Freedom wrote:That is strange. Why would anyone want correspondence sent to their old address?

His name is spelled "benentt" in his e-mail address; also odd.

If you have mail re-direction you can still use your old address if you dont want someone to know where you have moved to.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 4:26 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4537836/Michael-Barrymore-s-guest-raped-murdered.html

Retired police officer says man found dead in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool was 'raped and murdered after TV star pressured him for sex'
Stuart Lubbock, 31, was found dead in Michael Barrymore's Roydon pool in 2001
Mr Barrymore was wrongly arrested by police for rape and murder in June 2007
A retired police officer claimed Barrymore seen 'pressuring' Mr Lubbock for sex
A judge is to decide amount of compensation to be paid to entertainer by police
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 24 May 2017, 4:55 pm

Hmmm - where has this witness come from after all these years?

I'm not a fan of Mr B and never have been but the words "being framed" come to mind.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 24 May 2017, 5:01 pm

You remind me of someone, Freedom ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 24 May 2017, 5:09 pm

Now I'm very curious to know who that person is, Chatelaine!

I personally don't think that there was any prior intent on MB's part - or any of the other male guests - to attack SL. This was after all a mixed gathering with several girls present.

I think that the only original aim was to get drunk and take drugs. Things obviously went wrong somehow and possibly we'll never know the truth of what happened.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 5:35 pm

I don't know enough about this case but what do you mean about Tony Bennett being framed...? scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 24 May 2017, 6:18 pm

Freedom wrote:Now I'm very curious to know who that person is, Chatelaine!

I personally don't think that there was any prior intent on MB's part - or any of the other male guests - to attack SL. This was after all a mixed gathering with several girls present.

I think that the only original aim was to get drunk and take drugs. Things obviously went wrong somehow and possibly we'll never know the truth of what happened.

Well ... a certain person called TB, of course ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 24 May 2017, 9:59 pm

Andrew, I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. I was talking about Michael Barrymore, not any other Mr B!

Chatelaine, AAARGH! I can't see a connection with Tony myself. He thinks that MB is as guilty as sin, doesn't he? I don't think there's evidence myself to believe that.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next