MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

£11 Million spent - time to end?

+30
kylie
JJ
Mo
LombardySkeptik
joyce1938
froggy
Freedom
margaret
dantezebu
Dee Coy
Inca
PeterMac
PMR
AndyB
gbwales
TheTruthWillOut
Guinea Pig
Cristobell
Châtelaine
bluebell
Hellsbells
Burst
Me
costello
candyfloss
Bampots
Poe
dogs don't lie
Mimi
Andrew
34 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

£11 Million spent - time to end?  - Page 16 Empty Re: £11 Million spent - time to end?

Post  Walt Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:36 pm

candyfloss wrote:I would think the PJ can close the investigation anytime and release the files, it is their investigation and they have primacy.  That's my take on it.

Why were Grange allowed to open a separate review/investigation then? before the PJ reopened.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

£11 Million spent - time to end?  - Page 16 Empty Re: £11 Million spent - time to end?

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:37 pm

I (sorry-back again), think that the PJ can't do anything now until OG says, and vice versa.

Working together and in tandem.

Admittedly, not before.  But certainly now.

Imo.  and song to back that up, even though it's shite.

Win in the end.

Yep, I know.. Goodnight. I
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:39 pm

Andrew wrote:Can we have a poll...

White or no whitewash.

No option for grey either.

Blooming sure there's a similar Poll over yonder Wink

I think the same as AndyB - OG is a whitewash. I also base this theory on similar reasons to his, past and on-going corruption of the police and the establishment, the government intervention into the case and the thought that "something" bigger must have been going on to warrant the cover-up in the first place.

My hope lies with the PJ investigation.

Like AndyB, I'd love for anyone to convince me otherwise. Got to say the recent behaviour of the McCann camp with regards to squirrelling away some of the fund and the recent calls in the press for the end of OG gives me more hope than I've had, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:39 pm

Ha! I bet the PJ opened their investigation so OG had no chance of blaming the bogey man! IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:41 pm

Walt wrote:OG set their stall out with "as if the abduction occurred in the uk" can it be shown that it is any thing but this.

The devil is in the detail. The review remit had that sentence in it, true. The subsequent full investigation has not had a published "remit" as far as I know.

Last edited by TheTruthWillOut on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:42 pm

Andrew wrote:I (sorry-back again), think that the PJ can't do anything now until OG says, and vice versa.

Working together and in tandem.

Not according to a piece in the opening gambit of the thread.

The Scotland Yard inquiry is running separately to a Portuguese probe into Madeleine's disappearance.

Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:42 pm

froggy wrote:
Mimi wrote:
froggy wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I honestly don't understand why any of the antis are getting worked up about the costs and length of time that Scotland Yard are taking.  The only people with reason to be perturbed are those trying to cover up their crimes.  The message seems loud and clear, Operation Grange are not giving up - and that must be hell for some people.

The length of time is encouraging afaic - to me it means there are leads going all over the place.

I can't see that can be a good thing as most if not all of them are going to come to nothing.

No, I mean real leads froggy - not the ones that Redwood made up.  There could be leads to all sorts of government and police corruption, paedo rings etc. reaching to other countries and their governments.

The only reason I think a cover up would be happening is if a member of the royal family is involved or a high cabinet official or even a prime minister.  This is not out of the question afaic because of the involvement of MI5, but even then I think this would have been put to bed years ago.

If this were to be the case, then it is definitely going nowhere

Cover ups are successful because we don't know anything about them, they are brushed under the carpet and/or overtaken by the tabloid equivalent of spam and celebrity stories and swiftly forgotten. Even before Operation Grange announced they were formally opening an investigation, they knew they were opening a can of worms. The end of the Review, would have been the ideal time to put the case to bed. They could have manipulated a story pointing the blame at a deceased paedophile and publicly assured the parents that they did everything in they could.

The formal opening of Operation Grange was not a happy time for Gerry and Kate. If I recollect correctly, it was around that time that we saw those astonishing pictures where the parents looked genuinely devastated at a memorial service for Madeleine. I actually think Scotland Yard have been putting pressure on the former suspects and their friends, to a point where they would have a case in the Court of Human Rights! Can you imagine the pressure these people must be living under?

The best thing the McCanns can hope for right now, is that the public will demand the investigation be brought to an end - citing the inordinate costs, austerity and current crime. The only people who will benefit from the shelving of the investigation will be the perpetrators of the crime. The news that Operation Grange have been granted another £2m, will have upped the ante. At the moment, the only get out they have, would be the shelving of the case, through lack of evidence as happened with the original Portuguese investigation. Four years in, Operation Grange must have had a very persuasive argument to get the extra funding. We sometimes forget that detectives are human being, and they are driven by the same emotions, desire, ambition and human frailty as the rest of us. From the very little we know, these detectives seem determined to get to the bottom of this

Having looked at similar child abductions, particularly in the USA, there are several cases where the cloud of suspicion hangs over the parents. These cases remain simmering on the back burner and life goes on, the police powerless because they do not have enough evidence to prosecute. The Madeleine case however, has stayed high profile, intentionally, because it was useful politically. However, it is nearing its sell by date, because the public are increasingly turning to social media for their up to date news - they are no longer reliant on the daily newspapers, and the Madeleine case has shown them just how much they have been manipulated by the MSM.

But I digress. When Scotland Yard returned to the Treasury, or wherever, asking for another £2million in these times of austerity, I think it is very unlikely that they are going with burglar/spotty man/ugly man, or any other random misfit.

I have no doubt corruption does go on at high levels, currently watching the spat between the present Master of the Universe Mark Zuckerberg and wannabe Master of the Universe, Donald Trump. Shock horror, Mark Zuckerberg (the owner of Facebook) is a good guy and a philanthropist, which must be driving the Whitehouse Hawks insane. All that money and power and no desire to train a personal army, build a castle with moat or stroke a white cat. What's wrong with the guy!

I jest of course (?), Facebook actually brought in the technology in January, I wonder why OFM Facebook page don't use it? Or do they? I look in there now and again, and can't recall seeing any facebook alerts, so rather curious about that one.

Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:43 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Ha! I bet the PJ opened their investigation so OG had no chance of blaming the bogey man! IMO

The PJ were working on it long time before Op Grange came into being.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:45 pm

candyfloss wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Ha! I bet the PJ opened their investigation so OG had no chance of blaming the bogey man! IMO

Is this true, candyfloss? Were the PJ still working on the case after it was "shelved" and before their investigation was "officially" re-opened in October 13?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:45 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:I'm more interested in how the PJ investigation is getting on, as far as Madeleine's concerned.

Yep. The $64 question.

I got very down hearted last year when Joana Morais said the PJ investigation had faltered, there was no desire to find the truth. Why this may be (political? financial?) She didn't elaborate. But I lost a lot of hope then.

But then the mutterings regarding the DNA retests bubbled to the surface. Not sure whether this was Portuguese or English instigation,  but it gave me new hope.

If we knew where the PJ investigation is heading, if anywhere, it would give us so many answers, not least to OG-related questions.

Here you go 3 great women leading the way in the case in Portugal, it includes the bit about the curtain DNA
for Mo as well..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524393/Madeleine-McCann-hunt-three-women-riddle-disapperance

bounce Aye! This would certainly suggest the Portuguese are alive and very much kicking!!

Secrecy restrictions and all that, of course, can make one lose faith. Instead of keeping the faith! Wonder why Joana thought otherwise? scratch

Thanks Admin I had also forgotten 3 professional ladies were also working on the case in Portugal, so that makes 4 with DCI Nicola Wall. I do hope the sample testing has proved fruitful!! God I'm all mixed up with this thread I'm going to have to read through again Very Happy
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:47 pm

Slow down people affraid affraid
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:47 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Is this true, candyfloss? Were the PJ still working on the case after it was "shelved" and before their investigation was "officially" re-opened in October 13?

Yes, it is true, long before. I am too tired to look now, but will in the morning. Meanwhile have a look at the new thread in Op Grange section re the investigation grants to UK police way back.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:57 pm

Thank you, candyfloss.  Will do.

Back to top Go down

Post  JJ Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:03 pm

If the PJ wind-up their investigation ,further case files will be released but they cannot under European Police Protocols while the UK investigation is underway
So OG keeps on running for another year at least with a further 2 million pounds.  Have they achieved anything so far? Yes the PJ believe JT was a liar, OG has proved she was not, just mistaken.

Many believe the fund a fraud and they could get the Macs on the Al Capone principle.

However, OG has stated publicly that the Macs are not suspects or persons of interest, thereby the fund is above board and so close another avenue of investigation.

There is no joint investigation ,just a steady denigration of the PJ and GA by Operation Grange.

10 million to prevent politicians looking stupid is peanuts and will go on and on
JJ
JJ

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:04 pm

yes I think it was said that the pj had already searched the homes and maybe cars etc before o g went over to do just that ,also tractor man that was already demised,had been looked at and nothing was made of that .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:07 pm

How much would a whitewash cost, if it was a genuine whitewash.

Answers on a poll, or here, or Tony Bennett's business card. I know, no room to write on that.

So, what's the question again..

Yes, poll, smoll,

Did I mention a song earlier.  No, didn't think so either.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:11 pm

JJ. I don't agree with that last post.  

Will explain tomorrow if ok.

Tact please, Andrew!
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:27 pm

Something strange is on check who wrote this......

Http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6641530/Facebook-alert-to-find-missing-children.html

MILLIONS of Facebook users are to get alerts to help find missing children in “imminent danger”.

From today messages will go to news feeds of UK users who are in the area where a child has disappeared or been abducted.

It is a huge boost to The Sun’s Child Rescue Alert campaign launched last year. Police will launch the alerts through the charity Missing People.

It will include a description of the child, a photo, if available, and details of any suspected vehicle or person.

Facebook users can click “learn more” to reach the CRA site and get contact details. Clicking “share it” will spread the news to family and friends.

Facebook has 36million users in the UK. Its trust and safety manager Emily Vacher, a former FBI agent, flew in from the US to launch the scheme.

Baby Victoria ... safely returned to parents
Baby Victoria ... safely returned to parents

She said “Time is critical when a child goes missing. The CRA could mean the difference between life and death. If you see one on Facebook don’t ignore it.”

Facebook was encouraged to create the programme after people were already using it and other social media to help find lost kids.

In Canada when Baby Victoria was kidnapped at only 16 hours old cops used Facebook in their search.

Within hours the abductor and baby were found. The CRA scheme started in the UK in 2005 but information was only shared between the police and media.

It was used in 2012 in the search for tragic Welsh five-year-old April Jones.

Last year in The Sun, Kate McCann, mum of missing Madeleine, launched a CRA sign-up scheme run by Missing People which 350,000 have joined so far.

It allows people to get alerts on phones and computers. April’s mum Coral believes her daughter may have been OK if the scheme was in place in 2012.

antonella.lazzeri@the-sun.co.uk

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:52 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

£11 Million spent - time to end?  - Page 16 Empty Re:£11 Million spent-is this the end?

Post  costello Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:17 am

Just thought I would post this article from today's Sun.

£2M FOR MADDIE POLICE'S SEARCH
Extra 6 months.
By LAUREN PROBERT.
Police have been granted £2miliion to go on searching for missing Madeleine McCann for another 6 months. Her parents Kate and Gerry were last night said to be "extremely grateful" for the Home Office cash. Scotland Yards Operation Grange has already cost more than £10million since it started in 2011 , as The Sun exclusively revealed two weeks ago.
Madeleine was three when she went missing from a holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz in 2007. The McCanns from Rothley, Leics, believe she could still be alive. But former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry both 47, have been preparing for the probe to be shelved. They have put thousands of pounds into a fund for when it ends. Home Office Minister Lord Bates announced the new cash yesterday and revealed the total cost so far. But a former cop recently said the case should be closed . Ex-Flying Squad chief John O'Connor said "You can't keep chasing shadows." The investigation ordered by PM David Cameron has yet to make a single arrest.
A spokesman for the McCanns said "Kate and Gerry remain extremely grateful to the police. They are pleased that funding is in place. They know the investigation cannot go on for ever."
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 18 Sep 2015, 8:43 am

With all those alerts connected to all and only McCann items, how is it even possible they're chasing shadows? That's what I wanna know. Deep down, I don't believe they are and I don't believe the PJ are helping them chase any shadows either.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 18 Sep 2015, 11:36 am

Some great discussion and posts on here last night.

Just having a catch up.

Was a Thursday evening and all that. (sore head)

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 18 Sep 2015, 11:42 am

The Sun article that Costello posted.

A few words have been changed in the last hour and all comments now removed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6646340/Home-Office-grants-2m-for-Madeleine-McCann-police-search.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 18 Sep 2015, 11:55 am

Yes, freedom. I tried to delete a few posts this morn but couldn't do.

Thanks for that and apologies to JJ.

Need to leave my phone at home on a Thursday night.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 18 Sep 2015, 12:06 pm

I've dealt with the post to JJ.

Don't leave your phone at home but only use it for emergencies - posting on the forum isn't one!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next