MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann Books

+58
curious
What's_up_doc?
chrissie
PMR
Mo
unreorganised
joyce1938
Heisenburg
AndyB
Satsuma
Bampots
dandaar
Guinea Pig
ciawoman
Walt
TheTruthWillOut
whyte
froggy
hesla
Hellsbells
seahorse
PeterMac
dogs don't lie
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
costello
eltee
chirpyinsect
bluebell
gbwales
JR
Anne
Fiat500
KathyBelle
Jellybot
candyfloss
Carlymichelle
nobodythereeither
Cristobell
travis macbickle
Poppy
cherry
Scrants
Andrew
Bagheera
Lorraine
Mimi
Popcorn
ohdear
Justformaddiemccann
Châtelaine
Antonia
Poe
Dee Coy
Freedom
chilli
Admin
dantezebu
62 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann Books

Post  Antonia Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:16 pm

Kaya wrote:Thanks for the article and the link, Dantezebu.

I find it very interesting how the Irish Examiner states its opinion and offers option for readers to share theirs. This seems to happen quite a lot with McCann related stories and in particular with the Irish press.

I cant find a comment facility on that article. I would really like to comment!
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:37 pm

Summers & Swan are a complete joke.

They banned me for pointing out that they had deleted factual comments made politely but left on their page a potentially libellous comment about Katherine Gaspar made by PG. I also put in factual information regarding Gaspar statements which PG had discredited and also in answer to a comment how could they possibly be guilty as they had not been charged made by another poster I made reference to coverups e.g.Hillsborough, Savile - all of which is factual information. At no time was I rude although they left up plenty of comments made by PG which were downright rude slagging off other posters. Mad
cherry
cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue 23 Sep 2014, 8:52 am

A message to readers of Summers and Swan book 'Looking for Madeleine'

www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk hosts the Original Portuguese files alongside the translations into English, with file reference number and the translators name attached.

Although S&S say they were using the Original files. I must question why S&S did not give the Portuguese reference number to each file they needed, with credits to the translator that they used.

If these procedures where carried out, readers would have been able to check for themselves if what is in the book is true or not.

This would have saved S&S a lot of the backlash and heartache,

McCann PJ Files

In the book it has left us with the presumption “but not the proof” that they have their own Portuguese copy of the files, with their own translators.  

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/Book.htm

I don't tweet but I do read them, I saw the above yesterday and then of all things my PC crashed so I couldn't pick up on it.

Appalling for investigive journalists to write a book with no reference has to where their information came from.

Didn't Kate McCann say it would cost x amount of money to get their copies of the Portuguese files translated?
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:30 am

Yes, that's correct. Kate said herself, that they had it translated and it cost approx. one hundred thousand pounds.

Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

Thanks Châtelaine, I'd forgotten about that video.

If they have used the McCann copies of the files then again why didn't they say so with refrence numbers so they can be checked, well we all know why don't we?

So angry at the lies, misinformation, distortion, ommision of important facts. If the sun was over the yard arm I'd go and have a stiff drink!
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

@Anne. On another forum they're comparing word by word the internet - not the McCann's [if they ever existed ...] - translations of the PJ files and S&S quotes in their book. It's obvious, they C&P-ed from there without source reference, sometimes conveniently leaving out a word or 2, to change the tenor. So far for "research", let alone in "depth" ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 24 Sep 2014, 2:01 pm

I have permission to bring this over from The Maddie Case Files [TMCF], where Kazlux is doing a very interesting comparison between the S&S book and quotes from other sources.
The below is a shocking one IMO.

Kazlux wrote:
In the book [S&S]: According to him [Amaral] 'the information coming from the Leicestershire police was so much that the local police had difficulty analysing and screening it all'.

[From Amaral's book]: During this time, the Leicestershire police continue to receive a considerable number of enquiries that they have trouble sorting and analysing. On May 15th, inspector Ricardo Paiva is sent as reinforcement to the English, who, he says, welcome him warmly and feed him on tea and cakes. Most of the bits of information received from all over the world are of no interest; so, there is no reason for follow-up.

Kazlux: VERY DISHONEST bit of selective quoting here, the suggestion is that the 'local police = PJ' had difficulty etc.

Châtelaine: This is shocking ...!
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

Châtelaine wrote:@Anne. On another forum they're comparing word by word the internet - not the McCann's [if they ever existed ...] - translations of the PJ files and S&S quotes in their book. It's obvious, they C&P-ed from there without source reference, sometimes conveniently leaving out a word or 2, to change the tenor.  So far for "research", let alone in "depth" ...

Châtelaine, agree with what you are saying, I believe the McCanns are involved in writing that book S&S will have been told what they can and cannot write about including what is in the PJ files, they will have seen the draft before going to print to make sure there was nothing in it to make them appear guilty.

Forums past, present and blogs have done amazing research for seven years into all aspects of what happened to Madeleine McCann, members have always had a source from where the information came from, S&S wants us to believe they have researched for two years, I don't believe it, It's a copy & paste book and there were two of them. I wonder if they followed this:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/series/how-to-write-a-book-in-30-days

I believe the book was commissioned to again try and make the public believe the McCanns are innocent.

Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:14 pm

Châtelaine wrote:I have permission to bring this over from The Maddie Case Files [TMCF], where Kazlux is doing a very interesting comparison between the S&S book and quotes from other sources.
The below is a shocking one IMO.

Kazlux wrote:
In the book [S&S]: According to him [Amaral] 'the information coming from the Leicestershire police was so much that the local police had difficulty analysing and screening it all'.

[From Amaral's book]: During this time, the Leicestershire police continue to receive a considerable number of enquiries that they have trouble sorting and analysing. On May 15th, inspector Ricardo Paiva is sent as reinforcement to the English, who, he says, welcome him warmly and feed him on tea and cakes. Most of the bits of information received from all over the world are of no interest; so, there is no reason for follow-up.

Kazlux: VERY DISHONEST bit of selective quoting here, the suggestion is that the 'local police = PJ' had difficulty etc.

Châtelaine: This is shocking ...!

Shocking indeed,

Cops 'too busy' to investigate 100 new Madeleine McCann clues

By Jerry Lawton / Published 4th May 2012

DETECTIVES searching for Madeleine McCann were last night probing 100 tip-offs to Crimestoppers that Brit police did not bother to investigate.

The potential leads came via the crime-busting charity’s hotline, set up a week after the then-three-year-old vanished in Portugal five years ago.

They include details supplied by psychics who claimed to have had visions or dreams about Madeleine’s fate.

For several months details of all calls were passed on to Leicestershire Police, the UK force probing the case.
But sources say the force was so swamped with information officers asked Crimestoppers to stop sending them details supplied by dreamers.

Crimestoppers have now handed the files over to Scotland Yard detectives reviewing the investigation under Operation Grange.

Senior officers say crank tip-offs should never be dismissed in case they contain snippets of real information or the call was made by someone involved in the crime.

The 100 abandoned leads come on top of 195 new clues unearthed by detectives from their review of just a quarter of 40,000 pieces of evidence collected in the case.

A source close to Madeleine’s doctor parents Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, said: “Leicestershire Police, working alongside the lead force in Portugal, told Crimestoppers to stop sending them psychic logs as they felt they were being swamped with too much information.

“They believed it was totally insignificant and would not help in the search.

“Instead Crimestoppers kept the logs, amounting to some 100 pieces of new information, filed and locked them away.

“There have been some cases of psychics tipping police off then acting as a go-between between the authorities and a kidnapper.

“Kate and Gerry are pleased that Scotland Yard will be examining possible new clues as well as re-examining old ones. There could be one piece amongst the pile that unlocks the mystery.”

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “If there are a number of new pieces of information it is right and proper that they go to Operation Grange as a priority.

“It is far too late but it is better that the police act on them than not at all.”

Leicestershire Police last night declined to comment on claims they ignored tip-offs.

A Crimestoppers spokesman said: “This case has now been handed over to Scotland Yard and we continue to co-operate with them.”

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We are in close dialogue with Crimestoppers to ensure that all material in their possession from any source is shared with us.”

Madeleine vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, days before her fourth birthday, while her parents dined with pals nearby.

Police reviewing the case believe she could be alive and have issued an image showing how she might look now.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/249387/Cops-too-busy-to-investigate-100-new-Madeleine-McCann-clues
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Bagheera Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:40 am

A source close to Madeleine’s doctor parents Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, said: “Leicestershire Police, working alongside the lead force in Portugal, told Crimestoppers to stop sending them psychic logs as they felt they were being swamped with too much information.

Ahh, so re-assuring to find the familiar source - would not have anything to do with that wonderful Media Monitoring Unit currently being run by TM? When exactly did that start one wonders. By a great stroke of luck they had a close associate of pink complexion who'd know all about Media Monitoring Units, having been promoted there when he reached his very own level of incompetence known as the Peter Principle.

Bagheera
Bagheera

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:56 pm

Ah, Bagheera: the Peter Principle Smile  being promoted until one reaches the level one cannot master. Also known in the Netherlands as "moving up because the lack of weight" ... Wink
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 25 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm

Doesn't seem to be any more chapter reviews from that blogger Richard Phillips. All gone very quiet. Hope he hasn't been bumped off by Summers and Mccann.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 25 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

Andrew wrote:Doesn't seem to be any more chapter reviews from that blogger Richard Phillips. All gone very quiet. Hope he hasn't been bumped off by Summers and Mccann.
Perhaps he's lost the will to live...?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Sep 2014, 5:55 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Andrew wrote:Doesn't seem to be any more chapter reviews from that blogger Richard Phillips. All gone very quiet. Hope he hasn't been bumped off by Summers and Mccann.
Perhaps he's lost the will to live...?

I have and I am only on Page 7! Very Happy  Just can't seem to summon up the courage to read any further.
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 9 Empty Interesting blog

Post  chilli Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:28 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted already but it makes very interesting reading. Looks like S&S got the cold shoulder. I'll edit to post the link in a minute as it keeps deleting my post here when I go back to the page.

A Sauce Said...
A blog about the McCanns, the media, money and the Met.
Friday, 26 September 2014

Premature Ejaculation?

http://asaucesaid.blogspot.de/2014/09/premature-ejaculation.html?m=1

At Scotland Yard, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood met with us at the outset, spoke frankly, but made it clear that he and his colleagues could not favour us – or any part of the media community – over any other parties.

- A Note on Sources in 'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers & Robbyn Swan

According to a Metropolitan Police document seen by this blog, DCI Andy Redwood and another unnamed MPS Detective Inspector met with Anthony Summers and Rubby (sic) Swan at 1200 on Friday 15th February 2013.

The Incident Message notes that the authors:

".. are researching a book on Madeleine with the knowledge of Mr and Mrs MCCANN and our contact details were supplied by them."

The message states, in bold type:

"It was made absolutely clear that any approach to nominals in this case would be detrimental to our objective of building up a productive working relationship with the Portuguese. Our clear priority is to find out what happened to Madeleine and nothing should distract from that."

It goes on to say:

"Absolutely no “off the record” comments or other information were made/given. They were politely advised that all the information is in the public domain via the PJ files on the internet, and whilst we understood the interest and value in such a book that would extend to telling the story of this investigative review, their time would be best spent getting up to speed on the available files and forming their own opinion on it."

The internal message, for Officers Information and classified as Low Priority, was revealed under the Freedom of Information Act.

The message also states:

"It was explained that despite agreeing to meet them, we were unable to assist in anyway re their project, even as far as giving them timescale’s for the review’s completion. (This was requested in order that they could tie in the publication of the book to that of our process’s end result.)"

In their book, Summers & Swan write, in July 2014:

"The authors wish to make clear at the outset that, after more than two years studying this controversial case, they have seen not a shred of evidence to indicate that Gerry and Kate McCann, any member of their holiday group, or Robert Murat were at any stage – in May 2007 or subsequently – guilty of malfeasance of any kind in connection with Madeleine McCann’s disappearance or the repercussions that followed."

Three years and three months after they launched their review, now a fully-fledged investigation,  a 37 strong team of Met officers have yet to draw their own final conclusion.

The Met, it seems,  were unable to fall in line with the publisher’s marketing plans.

Can it be that Summers and Swan’s book , described as ‘the definitive account of the Madeleine McCann case’,  came rather too soon?

A Sauce Said at 01:21

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Home
View web version
@asaucesaid

My Photo
A Sauce Said  

View my complete profile