MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

+23
mumof6
chirpyinsect
janm75
candyfloss
joyce1938
wjk
chilli
Bampots
TheTruthWillOut
Litdamy
unreorganised
Admin
chrissie
PMR
Guruagain
bluebell
Mimi
eeejay268
dogs don't lie
Châtelaine
costello
Benevolent
Andrew
27 posters

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:02 pm

bluebell wrote:
Andrew wrote:Thanks Chirps. I can't remember off the top of my head whether Steel was a pro-Madeleine or pro-parents sort of chap? And I can't be bothered to find out either.

I still find it astonishing that potentially one of the last people to see/speak to Corrie is on some FB group answering random questions to a bunch of bored mums scratch

Well those bored mums seem to be flinging suspicion on anyone who spoke to Corrie - and those who didn't.  The bin lorry driver, the ones we've seen in the CCTV, including the cyclist.   Some people possess very vivid imaginations is all I can say, it does get tedious.
 I can't be doing with them anymore. No real insight, just bored people who don't bother to read a thread. Repetition of same crap over and over. They are still on search the landfill screeching in spite of telling them no landfills in Suffolk. Pah. Does my head in.

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  bluebell Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:09 pm

@ Andrew = Have you got your Reddit page set to "new"?? Top left of the comments there's a list ', new, best, controversial' etc.

I am c/p-ing this post from Reddit as it did echo my own thoughts at the time (Sun/Mon a/m/)

Re a picture of Darroch taken during Sunday's official organised search & hunt to recover his brother's body, I was heartened to see him posing in a happy, relaxed, upbeat mood mood, as the strain, pain & burden experienced by him over the past 4 months, coupled with the sombre, depressingly sad task that he was now involved in, must have been excruiating ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:12 pm

I probably will leave the group soon as it's clogging up my news page. It has been interesting though to see the similarities with the behaviour of McCann supporters.

Was David Steel the one who was tweeting really disgusting things re the McCann case? I may not be thinking of the right person.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

bluebell wrote:@ Andrew  =  Have you got your Reddit page set to "new"??   Top left of the comments there's a list ', new, best, controversial' etc.

I am c/p-ing this post from Reddit as it did echo my own thoughts at the time (Sun/Mon a/m/)

Re a picture of Darroch taken during Sunday's official organised search & hunt to recover his brother's body, I was heartened to see him posing in a happy, relaxed, upbeat mood mood, as the strain, pain & burden experienced by him over the past 4 months, coupled with the sombre, depressingly sad task that he was now involved in, must have been excruiating ?
My thoughts too. Though that's not my post. I' m scared.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

Freedom wrote:I probably will leave the group soon as it's clogging up my news page. It has been interesting though to see the similarities with the behaviour of McCann supporters.

Was David Steel the one who was tweeting really disgusting things re the McCann case? I may not be thinking of the right person.
I think you are.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:58 am

bluebell wrote:@ Andrew  =  Have you got your Reddit page set to "new"??   Top left of the comments there's a list ', new, best, controversial' etc.

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you. Just seen your post now and yes just set it to new (can't remember if I did before) but anyway lots of new posts to read since i last looked yesterday afternoon.

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:47 am

Sulsar update on the Find Corrie website:

As many of you are aware today saw the second public search for #CorrieMckeague.
I have to report that despite the enormous effort by all who attended today we are no closer to finding Corrie, as no clues of any type were found.
Thanks must go to everyone who turned out in extremely cold conditions to search areas of #Kingsforest, #MildenhallWoods , #CavenhamHeath and large areas of farmland.
Some of those taking part were members from Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue (CamSAR), Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, Essex Search and Rescue – Essex Lowland Search and Rescue and Norfolk & Suffolk 4×4 Response, your assistance was greatly appreciated and we hope we are able to return the favour in the future. We thank you all for your support.
Thanks also go to the 5 cadaver dog teams who travelled from as far away as Yorkshire and covered an amazingly large area between them. We thank you greatly for your assistance
Thanks also goes to the drone team from Lincolnshire who covered areas of the river Lark not easily accessible from the bank.
Last but not least to the members of the public who assisted with today’s search. Thanks to the 40 who joined our search teams and looked for Corrie in some very cold conditions.
Special Thanks to the catering team who kept all the teams fed and watered for the whole day, you did an amazing job and your efforts were greatly appreciated by all.
The day saw approximately 150 people participating in the search in some form, which was deemed by the search managers as very successful.
The search management team will now review all of the search areas covered to date before discussing with Nicola and the family the next move.
Without further information to go on, it is becoming increasingly difficult to establish new search areas. There has to be some logic and reason for a search area to be covered, or it may be considered as a rest of the world situation and as you can appreciate
that’s just not a feasible way of searching.
We will keep you informed of any updates once we have met with Nicola and the family.
The generosity of the general public continues to astound the team and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.
Thank you all so much
Andy King
Chairman
Suffolk Lowland Search & Rescue
Lowland Rescue #volunteers #communitysupport #lowlandrescue #SarFamily #findcorrie
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 3:22 pm

Nicked this from that Reddit place for anyone who's interested in where all the CCTV cameras are situated in BSE.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/319850/response/802518/attach/5/Bury%20St%20Edmunds.pdf
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 3 Empty Re:The Mystery of Corrie McKeague.

Post  costello Wed 25 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

I was reading on Reddit last night that there were 4 cars in or around the Horseshoe. Three have been accounted for but the fourth according to Nicola is 'illegal' and seemingly had a Polish number plate.Also the CCTV coverage of the Horseshoe is not as whats stated. Has anyone read similar?

costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guruagain Wed 25 Jan 2017, 3:53 pm

costello wrote:I was reading on Reddit last night that there were 4 cars in or around the Horseshoe. Three have been accounted for but the fourth according to Nicola is 'illegal' and seemingly had a Polish number plate.Also the CCTV coverage of the Horseshoe is not as whats stated. Has anyone read similar?

No - i think this has been a mismash from the 4 horseshoe vehicles and the one with foreign plates that was at Blo Norton where some guys were apparently "Attempting to set it alight".
I think all we heard about the 4 vehicles in the Horseshoe was that 3 had legitimate reasons to be in the horseshoe (like the bin lorry was collecting rubbish) and one didn't.
Guruagain
Guruagain

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm

Have the police themselves mentioned anything about the 4 vehicles?

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 3 Empty Re:the Mystery of Corrie Mckeague.

Post  costello Wed 25 Jan 2017, 4:04 pm

Guruagain wrote:
costello wrote:I was reading on Reddit last night that there were 4 cars in or around the Horseshoe. Three have been accounted for but the fourth according to Nicola is 'illegal' and seemingly had a Polish number plate.Also the CCTV coverage of the Horseshoe is not as whats stated. Has anyone read similar?

No - i think this has been a mismash from the 4 horseshoe vehicles and the one with foreign plates that was at Blo Norton where some guys were apparently "Attempting to set it alight".
I think all we heard about the 4 vehicles in the Horseshoe was that 3 had legitimate reasons to be in the horseshoe (like the bin lorry was collecting rubbish) and one didn't.

Thanks Guruagain. I'm getting a bit confused with some things I am reading.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:12 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:13 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 Jan 2017, 9:38 am

Here are the questions and the answers from the police:

Q: Why was the decision taken not to search the rubbish site which could have contained Corrie’s mobile phone, given that the mobile’s signal matched the journey of a bin lorry heading there?

A: We needed to focus on investigating and searching the areas where we were most likely to find Corrie, with searches and CCTV prioritised as lines of enquiry. Analysis of Corrie’s phone showed it had moved between Bury St Edmunds and Barton Mills around an hour after the last confirmed sighting of Corrie. There was then no further signal from the phone. Police used the CCTV available outside of the Bury St Edmunds area to see if the movement matched with any vehicle movement and found that the bin lorry had travelled between the two locations at the time, however it cannot be ruled out that another vehicle also made the journey. Officers have looked at the possibility that the phone may have been inside or on the bin lorry in some detail but this cannot be confirmed – and there is nothing to indicate whether the phone fell off the vehicle at Barton Mills, was crushed within the vehicle or stopped giving out a signal for another reason. Extensive work is still underway in connection with this, including enquiries to gather the information that the phone may have been able to provide.

Q: Would finding Corrie’s mobile phone help the investigation?

A: Police have been able to establish much of the information that would be available if they had possession of Corrie’s mobile phone. There is a possibility there is information on the phone that is not available to the investigation, however the value of this cannot be ascertained.

Suffolk Constabulary CCTV footage of Corrie McKeague
Suffolk Constabulary CCTV footage of Corrie McKeague
Q: How long can police maintain the current operation to find Corrie for?

A: As long as we still have lines of enquiry to follow, as we do now, this will remain an active and continuing investigation. Police still have work to carry out around a number of aspects of the investigation and we continue to treat finding Corrie as a priority for the Constabulary.

Q: How long have police been aware of all the details of Corrie’s social media accounts, including the recent swinger website which was reported last week?

A: Police were aware of the social media sites and websites Corrie was using from the first few days of the investigation and work has been carried out around this as part of the enquiry.

Q: Is the force still confident there is no link with an attempted abduction at RAF Marham, just a few weeks before Corrie vanished?

A: As both Norfolk and Suffolk Police have said these two enquiries are not being linked.

Check the website tomorrow for the second part of the Q&A session, featuring further questions answered by police, plus some questions posed by Nicola herself for them to answer.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:38 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:49 am

Sadly the police do have to prioritise, the sheer logistics of searching a massive rubbish dump for a mobile phone ,as soon as even a couple of days have passed from the initial incident makes it near enough impossible .  Especially, as they say, they have no proof it may even be there
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 Jan 2017, 11:07 am

It's interesting to hear that they've managed to recoup most of the information from the phone without actually physically having it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 Jan 2017, 11:29 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:59 pm

PMR wrote:Sadly the police do have to prioritise, the sheer logistics of searching a massive rubbish dump for a mobile phone ,as soon as even a couple of days have passed from the initial incident makes it near enough impossible .  Especially, as they say, they have no proof it may even be there

I think there is more to this. Early on the Police said they had the rubbish on hold set to one side and then sometime later made the decision not to search it. I think the reason was because they found out or highly suspect it was in another vehicle but don't have definitive proof.

We have a lot of detail about the bin lorry movements and what the Police have done yet one thing that has never been said is what location the bin lorry emptied its load. I suspect it was quite a long way from Barton Mills/Mildenhall. Either Great Blakenham outside Ipswich (recycling sorting centre and incinerator on site) or maybe Newmarket (paper recycling centre). If I am right here then it would mean if the phone was in the back of the bin lorry it would have pinged masts near Ipswich/Newmarket.

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 26 Jan 2017, 6:05 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
PMR wrote:Sadly the police do have to prioritise, the sheer logistics of searching a massive rubbish dump for a mobile phone ,as soon as even a couple of days have passed from the initial incident makes it near enough impossible .  Especially, as they say, they have no proof it may even be there

I think there is more to this. Early on the Police said they had the rubbish on hold set to one side and then sometime later made the decision not to search it. I think the reason was because they found out or highly suspect it was in another vehicle but don't have definitive proof.

We have a lot of detail about the bin lorry movements and what the Police have done yet one thing that has never been said is what location the bin lorry emptied its load. I suspect it was quite a long way from Barton Mills/Mildenhall. Either Great Blakenham outside Ipswich (recycling sorting centre and incinerator on site) or maybe Newmarket (paper recycling centre). If I am right here then it would mean if the phone was in the back of the bin lorry it would have pinged masts near Ipswich/Newmarket.

Interesting TTWO.  Do you think this is a "don't look over there, look over here" situation then?    

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 26 Jan 2017, 6:21 pm

I think it could possibly be that the Police are holding something very close and not even telling the family about it, Bluebell. Even if I'm right I wouldn't describe it with that phrase (yet!).
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 Jan 2017, 7:42 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:I think it could possibly be that the Police are holding something very close and not even telling the family about it, Bluebell. Even if I'm right I wouldn't describe it with that phrase (yet!).

Any theories/suggestions on what you think the police know, TTWO?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 26 Jan 2017, 8:25 pm

I think they may have a strong suspect but no evidence and no body. The Police know where and when the bin lorry emptied its load so if outside of the Barton Mills phone mast range it means it likely wasn't in it IMO.

Then we have the one suspect vehicle in the horseshoe. They say they have traced and spoken to the driver and can only assume permission was granted for it to be searched? If not then I worry it could belong to a suspect that may not be from the UK.....Which could cause all sorts of problems and may explain the Police going silent the last two+ months.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next